Kickstart TMLS With A Big Fat Punjabi Wedding

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Director's Kut to kickstart Teri Meri Love Stories on Star Plus with a big fat Punjabi wedding

Gautam Rode, Dimple Jhangiani and Mala Salaria

The series of telefilms on Star Plus, titled Teri Meri Love Stories opens this week with Rajan Shahi's Director's Kut's love story blossoming in the premise of a big fat Punjabi wedding (11 August at the 9 pm slot). As reported earlier, the entire wedding sequence in the telefilm has been shot in the picturesque Pataudi Palace. Arvind Babbal, senior director in the industry has directed the telefilm; a budding music composer Pranay Rijia has scored a brilliant background score.

As we know, the telefilm stars Gautam Rode, new face Mala Salaria, Dimple Jhangiani, Kushap Punjabi, Dolly Ahluwalia among many others. Here is a brief story plot of the telefilm.

The story begins with Anjali (Dimple Jhangiani) a bubbly teenager from a Punjabi family falling in love with a South Indian Karthik (Kushal Punjabi) who is ten years elder to her. Their wedding sets the plot for yet another love story to kick start. Gautam Rode plays the brother of Anjali who has been in USA for many years, and has come down for the wedding of his sister. Tarun, essayed by Gautam is a guy who does not believe in something called 'Love'. The female protagonist Sunaina, played by Mala Salaria happens to be a childhood friend of Karthik and she is given the responsibility of planning the wedding. She along with her Dadi, played by Dolly Ahluwalia put in their best when it comes to the whole preparation of the wedding. And amidst all this, destiny brings Sunaina and Tarun closer and what shapes up is a cute love story.

Tellychakkar.com talked to producer Rajan Shahi on the telefilm and this is what he had to say. "Well, it is a nice feeling that the series of telefilms on Star Plus starts with our story. This is a big responsibility and we are looking forward to the airing of it. We have shot extensively at the Pataudi Palace and it seems as though it has been depicted as one character in itself. Arvind Babbalji, our director for the telefilm zeroed in on Pataudi Palace as the location of shoot, and I feel there would not have been a better location than this for our love story."

Gautam Rode who essays the male protagonist said, "I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of shooting the telefilm with Director's Kut. We had an extensive outdoor at the Pataudi Palace and it was a memorable experience."

Dimple Jhangiani had this to say, "Well, Rajanji told me that the moment he created my character he had me in mind to play the role (smiles). For the first time in my career, I play a girl of my age who is very chirpy and bubbly, wearing shorts. I am looking forward to watching the telefilm."

Dolly Ahluwalia on her part said, "The production value was high and working with Rajan was a very good experience. I play a dadi who is modern in her thought process. She believes in giving the space that her daughter wants, but at the same time stands as a pillar of support whenever she needs me. I am the third eye of my daughter, and keep watching her activities. It was a pleasure working with a director like Arvind Babbalji. Also the younger generation kids Gautam, Mala, Kushal and Dimple were so very good and we had a fun time together."

Well, the anticipation and excitement amongst the viewers when it comes to the telefilms is huge, and we are really looking forward for Director's Kut to kickstart the series with their beautiful love story.

excited thanks  for sharing
really excited to see it 

i hope its good
Pretty excited abt this one.. ❤️