Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

Freethinker, you seem to be quite young. 

Yeah, I am young so I gotta be wrong. Thanks for reminding I am on a forum frequented by Indians.

Vaibhav was speaking about item numbers, to which you replied, "they have to depict reality". What's the connection of reality to "item numbers"? Is there one? :S 

You need to read my post again. I said people have gfs in reality. Having a partner, that's the reality I was talking about.
And about item numbers, I replied that sexual gratification from that is a natural male response. Whether that's wrong or right is up to the makers and actresses to decide. If they think it is wrong, they can choose not to do it.

Ah, Indian culture is "bad"? And Aal iz well with the West? How? Btw, my parents never allowed me to have a boyfriend in my teens. Guess they were all so filthy extremist old-fashioned fossils! ðŸ˜”SOB! 

There are bad elements of Indian culture as well as West. Stopping people's ability to have a partner, I will call that bad element. And yes, if you wanted to have a bf and your parents stopped it, I will call them old fashioned. Not necessarily means filthy.

I am sorry, was that sob as in cry or S.O.B. as in the full form I hope it was not?

Yea, the West is God. Try to do some research on "USA and the decline of family values post-60's." They apparently have the highest stats for psychopaths, mental disorders and insomnia. Relentless consumerism milked to the point of exhaustion does that to you. And then you get people coming down to India for spiritual redemption. "Eat, pray, love", anyone? 

Yeah, and family values in India is so much better, right? Wrong. People in India believe in showing off and external impression. People don't like their relatives, relatives will try to sabotage each other, relatives will gossip about other relatives and try to show them down. So, you have outer appearance of "great" family values which is totally hollow from inside. So, yeah it's disgusting. At least people in West are clear about who they like and who they don't on the face of that people. While, in India you will always hear talking behind the back.

And I think spirituality has been milked to the point of exhaustion in India, as it is giving rise to people like Nirmal Baba nowadays. 

As for me, I'm glad my parents didn't allow me to have a partner when I was fifteen or I'd have ended the same way as my classmates(or pretty much anybody I knew) who had "bfs" and "gfs" and ended up flunking test after test after test. ðŸ˜†  

And again you make the mistake of thinking that your experience encompasses the whole world. I know a guy who had a GF and cracked IIT-JEE in first attempt with a rank of 751 and is currently studying in IIT Kanpur. And I have many other similar examples. Again you show the narrow minded Indian thinking, believing that a bit of social life will kill the child's future while keeping him vested in studies 24/7 is so good for him.

Its India, NOT the US where you can opt out of studies and college if its not your strong suit. You can't afford to take risks with education here.  

Again, you can manage social life with studies. If you can have a full family and do your job, I think one can handle a partner with studies. And if you got a problem with studies when you have a partner, you should not keep one. Again, instead of keeping everyone free to make their own decision, you wanna decide for everyone.

And pray, being economically prosperous has nothing to do with having a perfect society. 

And what does? Having hollow beliefs and living in a world of ignorance where everything is perfect in your society?

Like I asserted at the beginning, you are likely very young.  

Yeah, continue with your Ad Hominem. I am young so that means you are right. What an argument!

You'll get past it soon and get to know the real world. 

Yeah, because I spent all these years locked in my room and I will suddenly have an epiphany and will know the real world. 
Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago
coolvaibh2010 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Yeah, I am young so I gotta be wrong. Thanks for reminding I am on a forum frequented by Indians.

You need to read my post again. I said people have gfs in reality. Having a partner, that's the reality I was talking about.
And about item numbers, I replied that sexual gratification from that is a natural male response. Whether that's wrong or right is up to the makers and actresses to decide. If they think it is wrong, they can choose not to do it.

There are bad elements of Indian culture as well as West. Stopping people's ability to have a partner, I will call that bad element. And yes, if you wanted to have a bf and your parents stopped it, I will call them old fashioned. Not necessarily means filthy.

I am sorry, was that sob as in cry or S.O.B. as in the full form I hope it was not?

Yeah, and family values in India is so much better, right? Wrong. People in India believe in showing off and external impression. People don't like their relatives, relatives will try to sabotage each other, relatives will gossip about other relatives and try to show them down. So, you have outer appearance of "great" family values which is totally hollow from inside. So, yeah it's disgusting. At least people in West are clear about who they like and who they don't on the face of that people. While, in India you will always hear talking behind the back.

And I think spirituality has been milked to the point of exhaustion in India, as it is giving rise to people like Nirmal Baba nowadays. 

And again you make the mistake of thinking that your experience encompasses the whole world. I know a guy who had a GF and cracked IIT-JEE in first attempt with a rank of 751 and is currently studying in IIT Kanpur. And I have many other similar examples. Again you show the narrow minded Indian thinking, believing that a bit of social life will kill the child's future while keeping him vested in studies 24/7 is so good for him.

Again, you can manage social life with studies. If you can have a full family and do your job, I think one can handle a partner with studies. And if you got a problem with studies when you have a partner, you should not keep one. Again, instead of keeping everyone free to make their own decision, you wanna decide for everyone.

And what does? Having hollow beliefs and living in a world of ignorance where everything is perfect in your society?

Yeah, continue with your Ad Hominem. I am young so that means you are right. What an argument!

Yeah, because I spent all these years locked in my room and I will suddenly have an epiphany and will know the real world. 

Freethinker...may GOD always bless the "wise" and "thoughtful" people like you!!!!!!!Edited by coolvaibh2010 - 11 years ago
coolvaibh2010 thumbnail

Freethinker, you seem to be quite young.
Vaibhav was speaking about item numbers, to which you replied, "they have to depict reality". What's the connection of reality to "item numbers"? Is there one? :S
Ah, Indian culture is "bad"? And Aal iz well with the West? How? Btw, my parents never allowed me to have a boyfriend in my teens. Guess they were all so filthy extremist old-fashioned fossils! 😔 SOB!
Yea, the West is God. Try to do some research on "USA and the decline of family values post-60's." They apparently have the highest stats for psychopaths, mental disorders and insomnia. Relentless consumerism milked to the point of exhaustion does that to you. And then you get people coming down to India for spiritual redemption. "Eat, pray, love", anyone? As for me, I'm glad my parents didn't allow me to have a partner when I was fifteen or I'd have ended the same way as my classmates(or pretty much anybody I knew) who had "bfs" and "gfs" and ended up flunking test after test after test. 😆 Its India, NOT the US where you can opt out of studies and college if its not your strong suit. You can't afford to take risks with education here. And pray, being economically prosperous has nothing to do with having a perfect society. Like I asserted at the beginning, you are likely very young. You'll get past it soon and get to know the real world. 😊

Hello krystal...thanks for your views on freethinker...people like him are "National and cultural Filth". Isn't it??? Edited by coolvaibh2010 - 11 years ago
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolvaibh2010

Freethinker...may GOD always bless the "wise" and "thoughtful" people like you!!!!!!!

Thanks for your "blessings".
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Originally posted by: coolvaibh2010

Hello krystal...thanks for your views on freethinker...people like him are "National and cultural Filth". Isn't it???

Yep, instead of attacking my arguments, do a personal attack instead. Now, I have become "filth"? But what anyone do? To clear India of "National and Cultural Filth" like you, I guess one has to become filth himself.

My calling you young wasn't an "ad hominem". Your answers show it. And yeah, most people who have a partner do badly in academics. Trust me, I know more people than you do. And you equated Western Culture with Prosperity of the West, which I refuted. :)
Freethinker112 thumbnail

My calling you young wasn't an "ad hominem". Your answers show it.

Yes, it was. You have a problem with my arguments, reply to my arguments. They are irrelevant of my age. But people resort to personal attacks when they have nothing concrete to say.
And your answers show that you are a fundamentalist.

And yeah, most people who have a partner do badly in academics.

Again, they are free not to choose a partner. But there are people who can handle both.

Trust me, I know more people than you do.

Again, you think too high of yourself.

And you equated Western Culture with Prosperity of the West, which I refuted. :)

And I refuted that and many other things, only if you bothered to reply to my post instead of making a post stating that you are right.

Originally posted by: Freethinker112

Yes, it was. You have a problem with my arguments, reply to my arguments. They are irrelevant of my age. But people resort to personal attacks when they have nothing concrete to say.
And your answers show that you are a fundamentalist.

Again, they are free not to choose a partner. But there are people who can handle both.

Again, you think too high of yourself.

And I refuted that and many other things, only if you bothered to reply to my post instead of making a post stating that you are right.

Well, it seems that you cannot read. Or, choose not to. I did reply to your point in my second last post. And no, you could not refute my argument that Prosperity =/=Moral perfection. You just stated India's imperfections in reply. A principal problem with you is that you are mostly unable to identify the actual point in an argument, which leads you to meander around it and answer a different question altogether. You exhibit this trend in all the arguments you try to make. And when a post quashes your argument, you ignore it altogether. Not the way to have a substantial debate if you ask folks.

@bold: NEVER say that again. Never use big words without knowing their meaning, however much you want to.   Edited by krystal_watz - 11 years ago
Freethinker112 thumbnail

Well, it seems that you cannot read. Or, choose not to. I did reply to your point in my second last post. And no, you could not refute my argument that Prosperity =/=Moral perfection.  You just stated India's imperfections in reply. 

Didn't I just say that about you? You need to read better.
First of all, the point coolvaibhav made was that by having gf, teens go astray hampering the progress of their future. And I said that Indians didn't use to make partners till recently, and West have always done so. And they are in better condition, which just proves his assumption false. So, instead of advising others to understand and be on topic, maybe you wanna try your advice first.
And I also made a post that Indian morality is not so perfect, which you ignored. Again, you may wanna follow your advice. Whether prosperity=moral perfection was never the point.
And again you are being the moral police. You wanna decide for everyone that having a partner is "morally" wrong? You seem too narrow minded, never able to entertain any viewpoints other than your own.

A principal problem with you is that you are mostly unable to identify the actual point in an argument, which leads you to meander around it and answer a different question altogether. You exhibit this trend in all the arguments you try to make.  

Actually, that's the problem with you. The point was that whether having a partner astray teens off their path which harms their future and our country. I argued that was not the case. And in you came with your moral policing. And whether it is moral or not, its not up to you to decide. And having a partner is immoral? Now that's a W*F statement.

.And when a post quashes your argument, you ignore it altogether. Not the way to have a substantial debate if you ask folks. 

Yeah, I am the one who is conveniently ignoring certain posts and trying to establish my superiority in every post. Oh, the irony. ðŸ˜†
You may wanna read back in the thread, I have quoted and replied to each of your posts.

Not the way to have a substantial debate if you ask folks. 

Again, you may want to follow your own advice.
Edited by Freethinker112 - 11 years ago
Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Oops, This is going too much. Guys please discuss without indulging into fights in an open forum. This post has gone from 1 point to several other points. Please keep discussions related only and only to the topic and DO NOT create any fights.

POV is understood, but that shouldn't get into a fight. Criticism are allowed but not to the extent which creates problems between 2 members on the forum.

You may stick to the topic of Raavi-Nitin and nothing more than that. Its not offending members but concern towards the forum. Continue discussions regarding Nitin-Raavi.

Will have Jyoti to look into the matter. Please do not worsen the situation or else topic will have to be closed.

Regards,
-Ridz
Edited by -Ridzzi- - 11 years ago