*Ramayan Discussion Thread * - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
I am looking forward to this Ramayan.  Excited its not going to be dragged after reading its going to be only 30 episodes . Missed watching NDTV Ramayan, so this will be my second Ramayan afer the ORIGINAL one in 1986. The cast is very impressive. Am a big fan of Devon ka Dev.
Gagan Malik to me looks just like  Mohit Raina.😆

Edited by Peacefull - 11 years ago
Originally posted by leonardoaugust8

Agree with some of the viewers here. I had a feeling of "been here ..seen this before". Nothing new in what they have shown. For someone who has watched the original Ramayan in 80s and the NDTV successful version of it, I felt this version left lot to be desired. The actors in Vaikunth all looked dull and bored. Prob because Sagars have excelled at this, my expectations were high. But still one can always expect a remake to be better or be an improvement over the earlier version. But here the scenes were not just similar, they werent even as good as NDTV Imagine's version. Felt ..some actors were sleep walking through their roles. No offence meant to ardent followers. Not making any personal comment here. Just my opinion. Those who havent seen earlier versions may like it but those who have are bound to make comparisons.

Agree, this is what I too felt! This first episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't impressive either. It seemed like a combination of the 1986 Ramayan and 2008 Ramayan. Plus, I am not a fan of the somber settings of Sagar Pictures. All their shows are like this, with dark and dreary palaces that don't give you a happy feeling. I feel like I'm watching Dwarkadheesh all over again.

What I did not like was that they showed Kaikeyi going to battle with Dashrath here, which is inaccurate. Kaikeyi going to battle and rescuing an injured Dashrath comes soon after their marriage, but here they showed it just before the birth of their children. Kaikeyi is supposed to be with Kaushalya and Sumitra welcoming Dashrath at the palace, not coming home with him.

And is it just me, or is anyone unimpressed with the actors chosen for Manthara and Kaikeyi? They're not up to par with the actors of RSR and ASR. But I do like Kaushalya and Sumitra, and have yet to reserve judgment of Dashrath. He's okay, but not as great as Bal Dhuri or Pankaj Kalra, the Dashraths of RSR and ASR.

But baby Ram was SO cute! I think the last five minutes were my favorite parts of the episode.😍😆
Agreed with what Janaki had said too. As what i have read before, King Dasart married Kaikeyi only so that she could give him a child and when she coudn't, she started feeling insecure and only became the King's favorite wife after her saving him. Here, she saved him just before they had a child.
Yes, Kaikeyi was Dashrath's favorite queen but the others were not seen as lesser than her. Dashrath was a great King and saint too. Otherwise, Lord Vishnu is not born to just anyone. He is only born to the purest of people who deserve to be his parents. Kaushalya was the most deserving to be his birth mother, and likewise Dashrath was deserving to be his father so they should not show him as a partial husband who looks down on Kaushalya and Sumitra. Him doing aarti to her was too much.
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Agree, this is what I too felt! This first episode wasn't bad, but it wasn't impressive either. It seemed like a combination of the 1986 Ramayan and 2008 Ramayan. Plus, I am not a fan of the somber settings of Sagar Pictures. All their shows are like this, with dark and dreary palaces that don't give you a happy feeling. I feel like I'm watching Dwarkadheesh all over again.

What I did not like was that they showed Kaikeyi going to battle with Dashrath here, which is inaccurate. Kaikeyi going to battle and rescuing an injured Dashrath comes soon after their marriage, but here they showed it just before the birth of their children. Kaikeyi is supposed to be with Kaushalya and Sumitra welcoming Dashrath at the palace, not coming home with him.

And is it just me, or is anyone unimpressed with the actors chosen for Manthara and Kaikeyi? They're not up to par with the actors of RSR and ASR. But I do like Kaushalya and Sumitra, and have yet to reserve judgment of Dashrath. He's okay, but not as great as Bal Dhuri or Pankaj Kalra, the Dashraths of RSR and ASR.

But baby Ram was SO cute! I think the last five minutes were my favorite parts of the episode.😍😆
I fully agree wid u kaikayi saved dashrath before their marriage. These small small silly mistakes make the show untrustable
No, Kaikeyi  saved Dashrath after marriage only. 
Originally posted by Sargesh

I fully agree wid u kaikayi saved dashrath before their marriage. These small small silly mistakes make the show untrustable

No, not before marriage. It was after marriage only, but much much before the birth of their kids. She used to fight in battles with her husband in the initial days of their marriage but then settled down as a wife later on. By the time the children were born, she was like Kaushalya and Sumitra.
one thing no one noticed,i guess..

whole set of ramayan is of dwarkadheesh show that came on ndtv imagine.not only that the ,music also is of dwarkadheeh show...WHY IS IT SO?😲

we do really miss it,but better had been if ramayan come up with new backgrounds and music..we all do already miss dwarkadheesh serial ...hope to see ramayan with all new original materials..
My memory of Ramayan will always be the one with Arun Govil and Deepika as Ram and Sita, and Dara Singh as Hanuman, - that is the Ramayan i remember from my childhood... just like Mahabharat.  No other faces can take that away.  😊

I will def try to see this version...  just to see if i can get into it
Edited by Lennie - 11 years ago
Today's episode in review. The naming ceremony takes place and a baby Ram is shown (OMG, the baby Ram is so cute especially his eyes) and it was a treat to see how Ram is the apple of the eyes for King Dhasart and his three queens. Manthra tries in between to change Kaikeyi's mind but she doesn't listens. And a leap is shown with a little grown up Ram and his brothers and the selection of the Ram young is apt. In fact i believe that Ram is a little darker in real because he is Vishnu and Laxman is supposed to be the most good looking among all. The brother love they had for each another was such a touching scene and as per precap, a grown up Ram is all set to enter next week. Can't wait for it now. I would say that its moving fast 😊