TOI: Patriotic spirit grips TV stars-LYAM

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Patriotic spirits grip television actors

Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Aug 14, 2012, 07.34PM IST
Read More:Sukirti Kandpal|Samaira Rao|Rithvik Dhanjani|Rishka Mihani|Nakuul Mehta|Mohit Malhotra (Kartik)|Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage|Kratika Sengar|Kanan Malhotra|Aashish Kapoor
Patriotic spirits grip television actors
TV actors on India's 65th Independence
On the occasion of India's 65th Independence Day, TV actors recall their childhood Independence Day memories. They also share their I-day plans for this year.
Krystle Dsouza aka Jeevika from 'Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hain': This Independence Day is even more special as our sportsman who went for the Olympics have done us very proud, I am super proud to be an Indian, and I wish all my fellow Indians a very Happy Independence Day'.
Aashish Kapoor aka Sahil of 'Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage': During my childhood days in Delhi, me and my dad used to go to India Gate. I still miss those parades. On this 15th August, I haven't planned anything but I might be busy shooting. I really love my country and people out here. I just want to say that every Indian should respect their motherland and should be responsible towards things only then everything is going to be better.
Sukirti Kandpal aka Jazz of 'Rab Se Sohna Isshq': My last memory of celebrating Independence Day was back in school when we would all go to school for the flag hoisting in neatly pressed uniforms. My school would have a small parade followed by the march-past. I remember being very excited about it as a kid because it would mean that we had to be in school for only two hours! Those were seriously the good old days!
This year of course I am shooting for Rab Se Sohna Isshq in London so will be missing out on all the festivities at home.
Mohit Malhotra aka Kartik of 'Bade Acche Laggte Hain': I would like to fly kites which I won't be able to do in Mumbai, for sure. So, will probably have a get together with friends and have a little party celebrating Independence Day. I would like India to have more of Anna Hazares & his dream of Corruption-free India come true. Because will definitely help India to move forward in a very positive direction.
Rithvik Dhanjani aka Arjun of 'Pavitra Rishta': When I was a child I really did not know much about the Independence Day. I just knew it was a holiday and that is what made me very happy. It was a day to enjoy. I was brought up in Dubai so did not celebrate the Indian Independence Day. But, yes we used to get flags at home and try dedicating a day for the Independence of India and feel proud to be an Indian.
When I discovered the significance of this day, I was really proud to be an Indian. To hear inspiring stories about the freedom fighters is just commendable. All thanks to them that we are being able to see this day of freedom.
Shaleen Malhotra aka Arjun from 'Arjun': I think it's a day for which every Indian should be proud of, it's the day when we became free and independent but we should not forget the people who have sacrificed their lives so that we see this day and every morning we see is because the soldiers are on the front protecting us. They are awake so that we sleep safe...it's a day which makes every Indian proud it's the essence of our existence and survival. We owe it to them to everyone, wishing you all a very Happy Independence day.
Kratika Sengar aka Aarti of 'Punar Vivah': I think the most memorable experience I have had of Independence Day was when I celebrated it with some school kids on the sets of my previous show - Jhansi ki Rani. We had this huge bunch of kids from a local school who had come on the sets for a flag hoisting. It was really touching that they had painted special pictures for me and were really excited about clicking pictures and posing on my throne with my sword.
This year I don't really have any plans for celebrating it as such and so I will be spending a quiet day at home.
Rishka Mihani aka Shivani of 'Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage': I will be off from work on Independence Day and will surely spend time with my family. Every year I watch parade on television. Every Independence Day I specially wear white kurta, green dupatta, and chudidar and I have been doing this since childhood as I used to participate in cultural activities. I want our country to become safer for girls; where girls can roam around freely. Also I want more hospitals and free medical facilities for the unfortunates. Our India is very good country but we can make it better.
Nakuul Mehta aka Aditya of 'Pyaar Ka Dard Meetha Meetha': Independence Day usually takes me back in time to the days when I was in school. The entire school used to assemble on the ground while the National Flag was hoisted, followed by singing the National Anthem and then my favorite part - everybody took back home a ladoo! This was a ritual at Jamnabai Narsee school & something we greatly enjoyed.

Independence Day now is a day when you read some very patriotic messages on every social networking space and once a year most of us feel the need to pay a tribute to our country through one such patriotic message. To me, personally Independence Day is a day of reminiscing our history, our great leaders and the way in which our forefathers struggled to bring a new dawn to us.
Samaira Rao aka Mansi of 'Love Marriage Ya Arranged Marriage': I personally strive for care, compassion & simplicity. Be a giver than a taker. Care for every living be it a man or animal. I want all Indians to walk together to make our India the best place to be in and always be a proud Indian. This 15th August, I'll spend it with my family.
Kanan Malhotra aka Daljeet of 'Rab se Sohna Isshq': Being raised in Delhi, national festivals like Republic Day and Independence Day were more than just another public holiday for us as kids. In the heart of Delhi, the Independence Day parade is literally a visual delight. Seeing it on TV and watching it live is a completely different experience altogether. I remember watching the parade one year with my entire batch of classmates. It really makes you feel extremely proud of the men who serve our nation in the armed forces. 
Sadly this year, I am in London to shoot for my show so I will miss all the festivities but I wish all of my countrymen a very Happy Independence Day. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Havii thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Thnx for sharing. Ak ko ajadi pe bhi kam se ajadi nai mili. poor guy. nice msg. also like rishika nd smaira section