Ramayan

TV soaps take viewers for granted:Neil Bhatt

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
N eil Bhatt studied law but was always passionate about acting. Working in Tellywood for the last four years, Neil has done many shows, and is best known for Arsalaan, 12/24 Karol Bagh and Gulaal.

Having essayed a variety of roles, Neil's now all set to play Laxman in Ramayan. Neil appears excited and happy that he's bagged the coveted role. In a chatathon, Neil reveals about his character, waxes eloquent about reality television and and reveals why Gujarat is special to him. 
Excerpts from the interview: 

Living A Dream 
We have all grown up listening to stories from Ramayan. In my growing up years the '87 version of Ramayan show was very much a part of our lives. But when I agreed to play Laxman, I started reading Ramcharit Manas. That in turn has really helped me gain an in-depth insight into the epic. Audiences loved me as Abhi in 12/24 Karol Baug and as Kesar in Gulaal. I'm sure they'll love me as Laxman too. I always make it a point to do a variety of roles. I don't want to get stereotyped as an actor. 

Telly Tattle
As an actor, if you've not been through hard times or struggled for work, you cannot connect to the common man. And let's face it, TV shows are all talking about the common man and his family problems. But somewhere I feel, small screen has a whole lot of regressive shows. Most of the shows (on GECs) are only about sob stories, scheming in-laws and surprisingly, the audience likes watching such shows. They don't seem ready for mature content. But production houses and scriptwriters can bring in the change we want to see in shows — there's a lot that can be explored. Show makers often underestimate the intelligence of the viewer and takes him/her for granted. If a significant chunk of a show's budget is used to get stronger scripts, so much can be changed on small screen.

Reality Rules
I'm a trained dancer, so I'm really looking forward to being part of a dance-based reality show. I don't understand why I've never been approached for a dance reality show yet! 

Multitasking's fun!
I enjoy working out, dancing, watching movies and checking out new gadgets. After Gulaal, I tried writing scripts for some TV shows, which are different from the regular run-of-the-mill shows. My latest cell phone also gives me an opportunity to check out this new application software that helps me compose background scores. In fact, composing music is a new hobby that I have discovered. I will wait to see if I can explore this professionally in the future.

Don't wanna mingle...
I'm single and feel am too young to get into a relationship. I have to focus on my career at this point.

Gujarat Connect
I was born in Vadodara. Many of my relatives stay there and in Ahmedabad. I have spent many summer vacations in Gujarat and feel at home here. I came to Halol near Vadodara to shoot for my debut TV show Arsalaan and am in Vadodara for Ramayan. This again reinforces my connect with Gujarat.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for the article.
Finally a good interview of Neil. thoroughly enjoyed reading it...

wow he is into script writing and music too...😲...wow...good good 😆

and i agree about the shows being regressive..that is so very true..

hain fir se no mingle..😕😆..few months  back he said he is ready to mingle ..
good to know he is concentrating on his career...neil ji that is the right thing to do as of now😳

P.S : am unable to like any posts 😡

Edited by nneeiill - 11 years ago
Incense thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanks a lot ! wow seems everything blue right now... good to read the article chalo atleast an actor openly speaks about the cliche of tv industry yes i agree most of the tv shows are repeatitive and regressive...and blue boy is into composing and script wirting so from a dancer to a photographer to an actor to script writer and composer👏 what else left dear😳

and naa i dont think u r that young that u shouldnt get into relationship😉😆

and yaa all the best for the show😳
EXOL thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Love Couple India Season 2 0 Thumbnail + 7
ya am so happy its raining blue these days