Eid ul Fiter Mubarak

Posted: 11 years ago

(May Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allah be on all of you)

Eid and Fitr both are Arabic words, Eid means "festivity" or "celebration",while fitr can be translated as "to break the fast"(Malik's Muwatta Book 10, Number 10.2.5) and it can be also translated as "nature" from the word "fitra.",Eid al-Fitr / Id-ul-Fitr is a Muslim festival which falls on the first day of Shawwal, the month that follows Ramadan in the Islamic calendar. The Eid day is confirmed after sighting the moon as it could be after 29 or 30 Ramadan, depends upon the moon.

Narrated by Abdullah bin Umar (May Allah be pleased with him): Allah's Apostle (Peace be Upon Him) mentioned Ramadan and said, "Do not fast unless you see the crescent (of Ramadan), and do not give up fasting till you see the crescent (of Shawwal), but if the sky is overcast (if you cannot see it), then act on estimation (i.e. count month of Sha'ban or Ramadan as 30 days)."
(Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 31, Number 130).

This is Mustahab (recommended but not obligatory) to wear the best available cloths on eid day. (Silsilah Ahadith Sahiha, Lilbani, Number 1279) Muslims are not allowed to fast on both the Eid days i.e. 'Id-ul-Fitr and 'Id-ul-Adha.

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (May peace Be Upon Him) forbade to observe fast on these two days. 'Id-ul-Adha and 'Id-ul-Fitr.
(Muslim Book 006, Number 2534)

Zakat / Sadaqat-ul-Fitr (Obligatory Charity Tax after Ramadan) is must for every one i.e. man, women, old and young people including slaves as well.

Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) said ;Allah's Apostle (Peace be Upon Him) has made Sadaqat-ul-Fitr obligatory, (and it was), either one Sa' of barley or one Sa' of dates (and its payment was obligatory) on young and old people, and on free men as well as on slaves.
(Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 25, Number 588)

Explaination:The Person who is not having the food for one day and night is free from Zakat / Sadaqat-ul-Fitr (Obligatory Charity Tax after Ramadan). [Tafheem ul sunnah seires # 9 Page 81 by Iqbal Kelani, Hadith Publications Lahore.]

The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows seven spikes; in each spike is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.
(Surah Baqrah verse 261)

For spending in the way of Allah i.e. charity etc means we will get the reward 700 times insha'Allah (if Allah wants) plus in Ramadan we get 10 time reward for each good deed (Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 31, Number 118) so the reward for spending on charity in Ramadan is 700 x 10 = 7000
Zakat (Charity) is also one of the five pillars of Islam

This obligatory charity tax is one Sa' means2,1/2 kg of eatable goods like wheat, rice, date or barley,
you can give 2,1/2 kg of the said goods as per your choice / convenience to some poor. It should be paid minimum before one or two days of Eid so that poors and needies can also participate in the Eid celebrations happily.

Narrated by Nafi'
(May Allah be pleased with him): Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) said, "The Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) made incumbent on every male or female, free man or slave, the payment of one Sa' of dates or barley as Sadaqat-ul-Fitr (or said Sadaqa-Ramadan)." The people then substituted half Sa' of wheat for that. Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) used to give dates (as Sadaqat-ulFitr). Once there was scarcity of dates in Medina and Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) gave barley. 'And Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) used to give Sadaqat-ul-Fitr for every young and old person. He even used to give on behalf of my children. Ibn 'Umar (May Allah be pleased with him) used to give Sadaqat-ul-Fitr to those who had been officially appointed for its collection. People used to give Sadaqat-ul-Fitr (even) a day or two before the 'Id. (Bukhari; Volume 2, Book25, Number 587).

Zakat / Sadaqat-ul-Fitr (Obligatory Charity Tax after Ramadan) is obligatory to make the fasts pure from the wrong deeds and for arranging the food for poors and needies so this is must to pay it before the Eid's prayer as the person who pays if after Eid's prayer, his / her Zakat / Sadaqat-ul-Fitr (Obligatory Charity Tax after Ramadan) will count as the normal charity and not as Zakat ul Fiter.
(Sunan Ibn e Majah, Lilabni, Part 1, Number 1480).

The special prayer of Eid ul Fitr is offered in the morning of Eid besides the regular five obligatory prayers which is not recommended to delay; its time is just after sunrise.

Yazid bin Khumair Ar-Rahabi
(May Allah be pleased with him) said: Abdullah bin Busr (May Allah be pleased with him), the companion of Allah's Messenger (Peace be Upon Him), once went with the people on the day of Eid (Fitr or Adha). He criticized the delay of Imam and said, "We used to be finished at this hour (and that was the time one could pray voluntary prayers i.e. just after sunrise)."
(Sunan Abu Dawud,Vol1, Book of Salat, Number 1135).

All women / girls must go for Eid prayer to participate in combine DUA of Muslims even if they can't say prayer they need to participate in DUA.
(Bukhari Volume2, BOOK 15, Number 88).

Before going Eid prayer its better to eat some dates in odd number for fulfilling the Sunnah (the act of Prophet Mohammad Peace be upon him is known as Sunnah) of our beloved Prophet Mohammad Peace be upon him.

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) said 'Allah's Apostle (Peace be Upon Him) never proceeded (for the prayer) on the Day of 'Id-ul-Fitr unless he had eaten some dates. Anas
(May Allah be pleased with him) also narrated: The Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) used to eat odd number of dates.
(Bukhari; Volume 2, Book 15, Number 73).

After Fajer prayer one should not say any other prayer (Nawafil) before the Eid prayer, and on eid day should spend on charity as much as he / she can to help other deserving people who cannot afford even their basic necessitates. So those people can also celebrate and enjoy their eid.

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him): The Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) offered a two Rakat prayer on the Day of Id ul Fitr and he did not pray before or after it. Then he went towards women along with Bilal
(May Allah be pleased with him) and ordered them to pay alms and so they started giving their earrings and necklaces (in charity).
(Bukhari Volume 2, Book 15, Number 81)

I wish you all a very happy and prosperous Eid

May Allah accept it (the good deeds, fasts and prayers) from you and us.
May ALLAH bless all of Us with peace, health, prosperity and unlimited blessings. May HE guide Us throughout the life on the right path. A special request of prayers for the Muslims of Burma, Ghaza and the rest of suffering people around the world. Lots of prayers and best wishes for all of you. You are also requested to please remember me in your prayers.

Post writeup and reserch huslika
layout and graphic addition collaborated with
Crazy Creative Team
Edited by hukshila - 11 years ago
Res <3

Edited * 
Asalam Alaikum Sister πŸ€— !! 
Sad :( ! today was my Last Iftari :( ! that feeling was not good :( !! but it had to go ! tomorrow is my 1st Eid :D ! Eid Ul Fitr is always the Festival I always Wait for :D ! I love Eid ul Adha ! but this eid is always special <3 ! My Plans r Ready :D ! <3 Family <3 !! this is the time Family is the best u want <3 !! 

I love how We girls do not Sleep whole night ! stay up for henna (even tho we not putting henna this time cuz xactly afta eid its my cousins wedding) we stay up whole night ! n thn Morning scream n wake up all the men of the house so tht they go to Eid Prayers <3 !! 

Can't Wait for tomorrow :D ! 

Beautiful Post sister <3

Eid Mubarak All <3

Edited by ..Manal.. - 11 years ago
EID MUBARAK...

πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—πŸ€— πŸ€— πŸ€—

Edited by ragvir.fan - 11 years ago
aww!!!
w.salam!!!
eid mubarik to yu to sister!!
thanks for pming me!!!!
enjoy alot on ds eid!!!
Eid mubarik to yu n ur blessed family!!!
eid mubarak to everyone..and may god fulfill all wishes on this eid and may blessings of almighty bless eevryone on this EID .thanks sweetie for this post
A very Happy EidMubarak to you all dears 

Edited by rina25 - 11 years ago

EID mubarak to all my fellow brothers and sisters 
Edited by Faayey - 11 years ago
Last Roza. Woww I'm Gonna Miss Ramadan + FastingπŸ€”
Eid Mubarak<3<3
Eid Mubarak To All May Allah Insha Allah Bless Us All
On This Beautiful Day