* Love Story 2012 * - Page 14

Posted: 11 years ago
I only like arnav and khushi, but since you are a great writer, I read it and it was good, well written, thanks for the pm
Nice concept..I will write on

Rithvik Dhanjani - Soumya Seth

One question to you: where I will put my story???
@crazy2012 : You will post it in this thread itself!
@luvbarunsanaya6
Nice OS ... Different concept...

ThIncogitablLove Story

Starring :

Karan Wahi as Siddhant Modi 

Shakti Mohan as Kriya Ghai

"But earthlier happy is the rose distilled

Than that which withering on the virgin thorn
Grows, lives, and dies in single blessedness."

As she read through these lines from A Midnight Summer Dream by Shakespeare, the words of her father kept ringing in her ears. This is exactly what her father had told her that day. When the topic of getting married was started in their hall, her father had told her that getting married is the best thing one a man can do in his life. He had also told her that the ratio of happy women were more of married than of unmarried. And he had also stated the example of his marriage. Her father and mother had had what people called "love marriage". Her parents were college sweethearts and had married against the wishes of their parents. The so-called "Society" had never accepted them. While walking on streets they were taunted. But they never left each other's hand. Their story had been like a fairytale come true. And the end was "And they lived, happily ever after!"

True, the thought of getting married always fascinated her, but as she became mature, she could see the after-effects. Not all of her friends who got married were happy. Though many of them had love marriages, yet their loves stories did not have a *Happy Ending!*, she always feared she might as well get stuck up like them. And ever since her college sweetheart had ditched her, love was just a word for her found in novels and movies.

She had always been a jovial kid. Dancing was her passion and that was exactly what had brought her from Ahmadabad to the city of Dreams, "Mumbai". She loved her college, her friends and most importantly DANCE. Even though her dreams got shattered when her mom rejected her plea to go to Mumbai, her father had approved of her dreams. Her father had always been her inspiration and motivation. Sometimes even her mother envied her. But then after one incident, her life had changed. Her love left her mid-way the time when she needed him the most.

This is the story of Kria Ghai. She hailed from a not so well off, middle class family. Her dreams were bigger than the income of her dad but her passion much bigger. She never let anybody come between her dreams, but because of one boy; she left up all her dreams. He claimed that he loved her, and for some time he even did. But when due to her mother's illness back at Ahmadabad, she had to leave him. And because she knew he would like to help her out with the money he had in abundance, she lied. She lied that she never loved him and had rather used him. Used him to fulfill her dreams and to built up her 'reputation' and this did cost her much more than this. Her best friends also walked away from her, Unknown to the fact that her mother was fighting from Cancer. And that cost her lot. Though her mother had gone through the sessions of Chemotherapy and had painfully yet happily survived out of it, Kria had to suffer a lot. She had to suffer the pain which was much more than the physical pain her mother had to bear. She had to suffer the pain of losing her friends, her dreams and her love.

After her mother had healed she went back to Mumbai to finish off her studies and fulfill her dreams. Though all did not go the way she had planned it would. Her friends ignored and her and treated her as a no-body. Her love "Reyansh" never forgave her. He always blamed her and called her a s**t.  He thought she had come back to "use" him again for her own wishes. He told her he loved her no more and had started to love Taani, her best friend's sister. As far as her best friend Swayam was concerned, he was the ONLY one who listened to her. The ONLY one who talked to her. The ONLY one who believed her. The ONLY one who fought for her. The ONLY one who trusted and empathized her. She was really grateful to him, because if he had not supported her, she would have committed suicide. Once she had even tried to, but he came there on time. He explained things to her. That if she did so, people would think she was a coward, a person who feared everybody, a person very fragile and vulnerable. He gave her the strength to start her life on a fresh slate. He gave her courage. Even after everybody told him to chose between Kria and them, he chose her. He chose to stand beside her always. And in due course of time Rey had started to think that they both were in love and never came back to her. But the only two knew that the bond they shared was much more than any relationship ever made on this earth. They never loved each other, but they shared a bond much more precious than it. Only she knew that he loved a girl called Sharon. She even persuaded him to tell her, but he did not because Sharon was Rey's friend. And he did not want to hurt Kria. He knew if he confessed, he had to choose between the two, and he had made his choice. His choice was his best friend.

After completing college, it has been four years. Much to Swayam's dislike, Rey is married to Taani. He never wanted to hurt either his sister or his best friend, but he knew that Kria still loved Rey as much as she tried to deny. He always persuaded her to move on. And one fine day she decided so.

And this is the very fine day when she agreed to fulfill her parent's pleas to get married. They had already started to look for a suitable groom for her. And as per Kria's wish, the boy's final decision lied on her.

And then she met him. His name was Siddhant Modi. He was a doctor by profession. Today, she was going to meet him at the coffee shop. She had been waiting for him to come and pick her up. They had already met twice with their families along. But this time, she was to meet him alone. Suddenly she heard the doorbell ring. "It must be him", she said to herself. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and glossed her lips and brushed her hair one last time. She smiled at herself and then went to descend her stairs. He was there, sitting with her parents in the hall with a cup of hot brimming tea in his hands. He wore a formal black suit with a white shirt and black tie. They both exchanged smiles and greetings and then bid farewell to her parents.

After walking out of the house, he ran to open the door of his car for Kria as a chivalrous man. She always wanted a husband like him. Both of sat in his black Skoda and reached their destination. She never wanted to accept, but she knew she had already fallen in love with Siddhant. His charms had worked on her the day she had seen him.

The venue of their "date" had been kept a secret from her. When she had talked to Siddhant over the phone, she got so lost his voice that she forgot what venue he had told her. And because she did not want to embarrass herself him front of him, she never asked him. She just kept mum that she did not know about the venue. All throughout their journey, they both kept talking about their previous life or to be precise, their past relationships. Siddhant knew the entire story about her, including Rey. Even after learning that, he accepted her. In her, he could see honesty and truthfulness. He loved the fact that she felt him to be eligible enough to tell him all about her.

With soft romantic songs playing in the background, they preceded their journey. They both had started to love each other. They shared cute eye-locks in between the journey. And when they reached their final destination, Kria learnt that they were to go to his farmhouse in Lonavala. Her parents trusted him since Siddhant's parents were her father's college friends. They had last met when Siddhant's parents were shifting to Mumbai and they were in 11th then. They had been childhood friends and knew each other very well. The idea of getting married seemed good to both of them since they knew each other. Siddhant had always loved Kria ever since they were in 6th Standard. Before leaving he had tried to tell her but all his attempts had been futile. Kria knew she had a soft corner for him, but after meeting Rey she had forgotten all about Sid.

"Being childhood friends would actually help us to create a strong base of our relationship. Isn't it Sid?" she asked him when they both had settled down in his farmhouse with coffee mugs in their hand. Siddhant smiled at her. He had never liked anybody calling him SID except for her. Listening to this name from her mouth sounded like honey to him. He then nodded in affirmative to reply to her question and said "Yes it would. And I know this might not be simple for you at first, but I promise, we shall never go into the next phase after marriage before you are ready for it. And secondly, there shall be no sacrifices. You should continue to live your life just the way you do now. I promise not to force my love upon you and to never keep my expectations high. If you aren't ready." As she heard these words coming out of his mouth, she felt proud of her choice. He understood her so well and loved her unconditionally. And the best part, he never put a condition for her to love him back. Though, she knew she had fallen for him. Yes, now she had accepted she loved him. She wanted it to be a surprise for him and tell him on their wedding night.

After being engaged, now she couldn't wait for them to get married. Throughout the day they enjoyed to the fullest. Sid made her fall into love with him even deeper as time passed by. Now, going back seemed liked the end of the world to her. She did not want to go back and be away from him.

"I hope you enjoyed the day. I tried to make it as memorable as I could." He said in the car while going back. "Believe me when I say this, I have never enjoyed a day in my life as I have did today. I loved every part of this day. And I know this will help us to adjust in our marriage. I heard whatever I wanted to and I know you love me a lot. Thanks for clearing out all my doubts and letting me know that the decision of getting married to you is correct. I think we should go back home and tell our parents to get us married. I am ready!" she replied. A big smile came across Sid's face. She was ready to get married and he was extremely happy.

So, after reaching home, both of them cracked this news to their respective parents. And then the wedding bells rang in the house of Ghais & Modis. Both the families were extremely happy. Their dream had come true. All the wedding functions were done. And to Kria's happiness, both the families did combine functions making fewer burdens on Mr. Ghai's shoulder. Siddhant's parents were extremely caring of their friends and never demanded a thing. Whatever was given to them, they took without any tantrums.

And then came the special night. Kria's first night as Mrs. Kria Siddhant Modi. She was experiencing mixed feelings. She heard the door of her room open. She could feel him coming inside. But before coming, he bolted the door. He came and sat next to her. He opened her veil and stared at her face. They both shared an eye-lock. And taking advantage of the moment, Kria said what Siddhant was waiting for, "Sid! I just wanted to say one thing. I love you. I love you since the day I saw you at my house when you came to ask for my hand. All this while I have forgotten all about Rey because I know I never loved him. I had always loved you. Maybe since the day we both had met each other the first time, maybe even on the day when you left. I love you and I want to tell you that I am ready. I am ready to be yours forever!" Sid looked into her eyes. He could see the honesty in her eyes telling him that whatever she spoke came out of her heart and were not forced emotions. He then took her into a tight hug. After 5 minutes of hugging he left her. And then, their lips touched each other. That night the two become one.

*5 Years Later*

Kria and Siddhant were blessed with a baby boy whom they named "Arav". Both the families including the couple were happy. Today is their 5th anniversary and Kria has planned to give him the best gift ever. She was to tell him that they were going to be blessed with another kid. This time she hoped it was a girl. Just like her. After marrying Sid she had become the old jovial self. She loved her life a lot and was happy being with him.

That night when she was gazing at the stars above, two hands encircled her tiny waist. She knew it was him. She knew his touch. She closed her eyes when he kissed her on her shoulder. And after that he drew the locks of hair on her ear and whispered "Happy Anniversary Love". She breathed heavily and replied "Happy Anniversary to you to Sid! I love you!" With this Sid left her and turned her face towards him. She smiled at him. And then they did not know when, their lips attached to each other. They explored each other and Kria smiled at her fate. She was happy, extremely happy. And now she was going to make Sid happy by cracking this news to him. She detached her lips from his to much annoyance of Sid. She looked at him with a big smile and blushed. To hide her shyness, she turned to the other side. Sid then again encircled his arms around her asked "What happened Love? Why are you blushing?" Kria smiled to herself and then said "Congratulations Sid, your wish has been fulfilled. You are going to become a father once again!" Siddhant could not believe what he had just heard. He was going to become a father once again. He was elated. He turned Kria and faced her towards himself. They both smiled at each other and then hugged. They were happy to be together. And like her parents, her love story ended like a fairy tale 

"And They Lived Happily Ever After!"

Please Do Vote For Me.!

-Nivriti πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by SajanRox - 11 years ago

Barun Sobti as Arnav Singh Raizada and Dhrasti Dhami as Geet Handa

Kismat Ne Mila di Jodi

Arnav Singh Raizada/ASR: He is smart, suave, handsome Harvard Graduate owner of Multimillionaire company AR designs.  He was arrogant and ruthless absolutely hated the idea of love after his brother in law played in his sister's life whom he loved the most. He lost the faith in love and marriage then and there and kept all his emotions under control and masked his heart with his anger. But that wall was broken by a simple girl Khushi whom he fell in love and finally got married with his Anjali di, Nani and his family wishes. But one tragic incident he lost his wife and all his Khushi.

Geet Handa: She was a normal girl full of life and energy and for her anything and everything is possible if we have the guts to face it. Simply put she is a fighter. Very bubbly and talkative. But behind this simple girl there is a mystery.

It was first year death anniversary of his wife and the Raizada Mansion was filled with sadness. Anjali, Nani, Arnav's brother Aakash and his wife Payal all were sitting in the hall waiting for Arnav to come. He came and when the barsi pooja was about to start they heard a loud noise of truck hitting a compound. An irritated Arnav went to see what happened and there he saw a girl getting down and scolding the driver for doing such a thing. He did not know what happened but suddenly he realized that his lips parted to smile seeing her behavior as his eyes met hers. Those brown eyes had something to say to him.

Next moment he saw that Geet was coming towards Raizada Mansion and suddenly saw her coming running as if to hug him but that happened but she hugged Anjali di instead.  Without any introduction they left inside as they were getting late for the pooja. After sometime the pooja went well and all payed their respect to Khushi including Geet. Then all assembled in the hall where Anjali introduced Geet to all as her best friend who has come to her cousin's marriage and that will stay in RM for some days.

After hearing this Arnav's anger knew no boundary as he did not like the kind of emotion her eyes were creating on him and somehow he did not want any other girl to stay in their house where only his Khushi's love was filled and reminded him of the golden moments they spent together. Every single brick in that house can talk about the love for each other. But after the fiasco happened with Anjali he accepted all those decision that made her happy and accepted this too.

Next day he saw Geet happily chatting with dadi and Anjali and the way she was talking reminded him of his Khushi. She liked Paratha's a lot and being a Punjabi enjoyed lassi and not only this enjoyed whatever she had. The liveliness was there and he liked it a lot. But the sudden comparison and attraction he had was like killing him and the next moment he cursed himself and hurried to dining table. Next moment he heard Geet standing next to him with wide smile and the first time she called him Arnavji and asked him to move the chair a little so that she can sit next to him. The next moment all of them heard a loud enough from ASR. He turned to Geet and shouted at her that who gave her the permission to call him Arnavji and how on earth can she sit in his wife's place. Before Geet could explain he told her that Ms Geet you may be Di's guest but don't you forget that this is my house and here everything happens according to my wish.

Hearing all such rude words tears started rolling from those innocent brown eyes. To his amusement he could not tolerate those tears. For a second he thought he should not have uttered those things to her but sensing the sudden emotions for a random girl made his anger flare up more and he started to office.

Dadi consoled geet saying that after Khushi's death ASR changed again and went back to his normal self and there is no room of happiness in him except for his Di's happiness. Hearing this Geet somehow gave a confident look as if saying she will succeed in her mission.

That day evening when she was about to go out she saw Arnav back home. Under her breath she was scolding him for his behavior.

Geet: Hai babaji iss dusht daanav ko kya karoon

ASR: Excuse me kya bolrahiti tum

Geet: Kuch bhi toh nahi mein toh ainvi soch rahi thi aap kitni acchi hai

ASR: What the…

Both of them walks away but smiling on starting this kind of conversation.

Days pass by and Geet starts to mingle well with the family and even Arnav gets used to her all time talks that never see an end. It was Geet's birthday and Anjali was planning a surprise for her. Everyone was thinking about something but missing in action was Arnav who was working in laptop in his room. Suddenly he sees a white angel form moving inside his room and that's none other than Geet. She had worn a White Saree and the Khol in the eyes made her more angelic such a way that Arnav loses his control and gets deep inside those eyes and pull her by her arms and make her close to him. Both of them experience that first outburst of feelings towards each other. He asks him looking intently on her eyes who are you actually and why r u doing this to me. She tells him that if he look into her eyes he will understand everything. In that moment of emotions both hug each other.

Moments later he realized what he had done and moved away. He regretted what he did minutes ago. How can he forget his Khushi and hug a girl, will ever Khushi forgive him let alone Khushi will he be able to forgive him for that. Thinking all this he shouted on Geet that why she had come here was it for this. Is she here for money and spoke very rudely to her and asked her to move out of the house as he cannot tolerate her anymore.

Listening to all this Geet ran from that room being hurt. Geet was crying in her room and that's when Anjali comes inside and ask Geet to not waste her time and move away from here.

But Geet tells her that how can she go away like that without fulfilling her best friend Khushi's happiness. She recalls everything that happened year ago. Khushi would have come to her maika for some days of stay and Geet was her best friend who lost her eyes in an accident. But fate had some other plans for Khushi when she goes out to buy a gift for Arnav she meets with a accident and breathes her last. Before dying she donated her eyes to Geet and asks her if Geet can take care of her Arnav as Khushi knows that Geet also had feelings for Arnav when she was working in AR's sister company. So fulfill her friends' promise she had come to RM with the help of Anjali.

Geet tells that she has developed feelings for Arnav and sure make him the same Arnav who he used to be during his days with Khushi but today he proved that he does not want to open his heart for anyone. How can I tell my friend that I din keep up her promise and that I failed? Anjali consoled her and said that it's very difficult to change Arnav and better Geet should start today itself.

Suddenly Arnav felt a huge shock within him hearing all this. He had come to ask sorry to Geet for whatever happened but what he heard was different. He could not believe those eyes which attracted him was his Khushi's and that's why he got instantly attached to Geet. He knows deep down that Geet is a nice girl but he was battling with his emotions on how to give his Khushi's place.

Whenever he was in confusion he had the practice to go to Devi Maiyya and ask her a way out for it. So he went to DM and asked for a way in this. He closed his eyes and prayed and that's when he realized that it was Khushi's wish that Geet should come into his life. If he fulfills that then only she will be happy and he has always done everything that had made her happy so he decided to stop Geet from going away.

Geet was packing her clothes and suddenly she feels a hand stopping her and turns to see Arnav there. He sees her tears and slowly starts wiping it and tells her sorry for whatever he spoke. She said that it was not his mistake and she should have been in her limit. He tells her that he heard everything between her and di and asked her why she did not tell him all this before. She says that she wanted to enter into his life with her full wish not on some sacrifice as she loves him. Hearing that he tells her that he accepts her into his life and assure that one day they will make a happy living sealed with the bond of love. With this he hugged Geet and she hugged him back telling Khushi that she will sure bring happiness in Arnav's life which will be Geet's happiness too as they are going to become one now. And she understood that Khushi would have become very happy.

Barun Sobti (Arnav Singh Raizada)
Dhrashti Dhami (Geet Raizada)

"No no no no, put these flowers on that beige wall. And Ramu kaka, I already told you I don't want roses, no no no, get me lilies!" She said hysterically. "Shaam kaka, is the food done? All the guests will be ariving soon right? And why is that place so dirty over there, can you please clean that up?" She gestured with her hand to a random direction.

Shaam kaka knew everything was pristine clean, but started cleaning up again.

"Beta, fikar mat karo. Party theek hi jayegi, jaise hamesha jaati hai." Ramu kaka said gently.

She gave him a tight smile. She had always been very proficient, never average. Everything has to be perfect today. Every flower should be at its rightful place, and every table decorated beautifully.

"Beta, aap apne room main jaao. Ham yahan pe sambhaal lenge sab." Shaam kaka said while dusting the already clean vase.

She looked at both of them. They are right. For once, I shouldn't be this stressed out, she thought trying to relax. After all, it's my marriage anniversary, she started smiling.

"Aap log sahi keh rahe hain. I should rest." She went to her room and tried to completely forget about the hectic planning of the party that was going on downstairs. 

What the hell? I haven't even decided what to wear! she thought, completely getting back into her hysterical mode. Grrr, no no no, what I really need to do is calm the hell down! 

She looked at her photo with her husband that was taken many years ago, at their second honeymoon in Goa. Her husband, her best friend, her companion, Arnav Singh Raizada. 

In the picture, he was looking straight at her, and she was looking straight at the camera. They looked so perfect together. 

When will you come home, jaan? she thought miserably. 

She still remember the day they met, their first laugh, first cry, first hurt, first everything.  

It had all started when...

~Flashback~

"Go, go go go go go go go go-go-go," yelled the girls around Geet. 

"Look Geet, you picked dare. I mean, no one forced you, right?" A girl around Geet said while giving a devilish smile to the girls around them.

"No, no no nonono. Give me a break! He is a new guy. Imagine, usko kaisa feel hoga agar maine usko wrong invitation card de diya. He'll be crushed!! And when he actually gets there, he won't find ANYONE there! He'll be devastated!" Geet said, hoping and praying that her friends would not make her do this stupid dare. 

"Oh ho! Toh hamari Geet ko us naye ladke ki badhi fikar ho rahi hai ji," Nandini called out aloud and everyone started making fun of Geet. 

Not cool, not even 1% cool! She thought furiously. 

"Pata nahi Geet ne usmain kya dekh liya. Mujhe toh lagta-"
"Yaar, suna hai uske Biceps wagera hain. Kya body hai yaar, You have-"
"Oh ho, toh Geet ko aise ladke pasand aate-"
"Arey, Geet teri toh nikal padhi-"

"Stop it!!!" Geet banged her hand on the table, making everyone stop talking. "FINE! I'll do it. Give me the card." 

She still laughed now thinking about how childish she used to be, but she was glad for that dare. Because... that was when she first met her "other half".

~Flashback~

"Excuse me?" Geet said meekly. She was in the library, right in front of the new guy. 

"Yes?" He looked up and Geet lost herself. She couldn't remember seeing anyone so handsome before. He didn't belonged in a library, he belonged in a fashion magazine. She just kept looking in his eyes and would've preferred to stay that way for a long long time. 

"Yes? You need anything Miss..." He said expectantly. 

"Geet. My name is Geet." She couldn't keep the goofy smile off of her face. 

God, why the hell am I behaving like a school girl, she thought, but still couldn't keep the smile from her face. Until she remembered why she was in the library. Oh no, no no no no no-no-no. I am not doing this!!! 

"You're not doing what? Are you okay Miss Geet?" He said. 

What the hell? Did I just say that out loud! Oh god! KILL ME! she screamed silently. 

She put the envelope on his table. "Here," she pushed the envelope toward him,"I would like you to attend this party. Come early. Okay?" 

She didn't wait for his response or reaction. She dashed out of the library and went straight to the bathroom. What the hell did I just do?!?!? Why can't my friends just leave me alone!

Some friends they were. All trouble and nothing else. Geet hadn't been in touch with any of those friends since many years. 

~Flashback~ 
After 3 days 

Geet rushed in her classroom at the last second. Her friends were forcing her to ditch the classes, but she was too afraid of her mom's wrath to even think about that. 

"Class, settle down." The professor said loudly. "I will explain it right here and right now, get yourselves a partner. Because you will definitely need your partner to finish the project that I am about to give now!" He had a big smile on his face. 

Project? What the bloody hell! Project?? On the first day?! What the bloody-

"Would you like to be my partner Miss Geet?" asked someone from her behind. 

But even without looking, she knew who it was. Oh god, KILL ME!! 

"Miss Geet, would you like to be my partner?" he came around and sat in the seat next to her. 

"Please, mujhe Geet hi bulao," she said irritably. Kon idiot kisi ke aage Miss lagaega all the time, she thought. 

"So, would you like to be my partner?" he said expectantly. 

She looked at him, ready to tell him off, but ended up looking at his eyes again. "Well, you see... umm.." 

"Ok class, I hope you all got your partners." The professor stood up," And, about that project, let me explain..." 

After 1 hour... 

"Geet.. Geet... Geet wake up Geet," The new guy was pushing her desk so she could wake up. 

"Kyaa haii yaar, ache se-," Geet opened her eyes and looked around at the empty classroom. 

"What the hell? What did just happen here? Prof ne project dena tha na? Kya hua uska?" She shrieked. 

"Geet, class khatam ho chuki hai. You fell asleep." he said sheepishly. 

Isme sharmane wali konsi baat agar main so gayi?? she thought confused. 

"Ok, so you know na what to do for the project?? Do you need my help?" she said innocently. 

"Of course, we will be meeting every day at 5'o clock in the library. Be on time. And by the way, I am Arnav Singh Raizada, I don't think we have been fully introduced." He extended his hand to shake hers. 

And then she remembered why she doesn't know his name. The scene at the library roaming around her eyes. 

"Look, you are not mad or anything are you?" she said meekly. 

"What?? Mad about what? Kya bol rahi ho?" he said, completely confused. 

"Woh... the party..." she started.

"Oh.. don't worry, I didn't go. I didn't have the time." 

What the hell? Koi aisa kaise kar sakta hai. Kitne pyar se maine invitation diya tha!! Kitna khadoos hai, besharam kahin ka, she thought angrily. 

She started walking out of the classroom. 

"Hey, don't forget about our meetings." He yelled at her back. 

"Time milega toh pakka aaungi," She said and dashed out of the classroom. 

~

After a week- 

Oh no, aaj phir late ho gayi main. Aur woh khadoos phir se lecture dega, Geet thought irritabily. 

Finally, she got there at 5:30 PM. 

"Hey Arnav! Howz the project coming along?!" she smiled enthusiastically. 

"I don't know, I havent started." he said without looking up from his notes. 

She didn't know how to respond. What the hell is wrong with him?! 

"Look Geet, you haven't been on time for the whole week. This is really hurting our project. It's barely finished, HA, we barely even started. Why are you late all the time? And have you been smoking?" He asked sniffing the air.

"What?! No, I wasn't smoking, my friends were. And I was late because.. because.. you know.. because-" she tried to smile so that he would just forget about it. Khadoos kahin ka. 

"Enhaling smoke is really really bad for your health. And no, you have no excuse today. Like always. Why are you so bent on to hurt our project?" he asked patiently. 

"Ok fine, aage se time pe aaungi." she said. KILL ME, she thought, looking up.

"Dekho Geet, I consider you my friend, and it would really hurt both of our studies and I am sure you don't want that." 

"Agar teri classes main B se neeche kuch bhi aaya toh dekh lena kya haal hota hai tumara GEEET!!!" she remembered clearly all of her mom's words. 

"Yeah, Okay. Main aaungi time pe baba, kaha na. Let's start." 

And then began their daily meetings, right at time. Their friendship began to blossom and secrets began to pour out. Geet started spending less and less time with her friends and more time with Arnav. They fit perfectly. He always finished her sentences and always knew what she needed at the exact moment. She felt protected and safe under his gaze. He shared everything with her, starting from food and ending with secrets. And then she shared all her worries, all her problems and he always listened patiently. Only to tell her at the end that," Whatever you do Geet, know that I will be there to support you." And he was. He was always there. To support her, to console her and to tease her. No one could understand her better than him. 

Slowly, ever so slowly, Geet began falling in love with him. They grew so close together that people thought they were going out. So, it stung whenever Arnav said," Haha, nahi, we are just best friends." And later he would tell her," Dekha, kaise tumara reputation bacha raha hun." with a develish smile on his face. She used to just smile tightly over this joke. Because this was no joke to her. 

And one day...

Flashback~

Geet was getting drinks for Arnav and her as usual, when she saw a girl flaunting herself on Arnav. What was even more surprising was that he was doing nothing to tell her off. It was like he wanted that girl to be all over him. A feeling so strong went through her that she grew numb. She recognized what she was feeling: jealousy. Jealousy because Arnav will never let her be his "other half" like she had let him be hers. 

Ab isme uski kya galti hai if he doesn't feel anything, she thought dejectedly. I would just have to ignore him from now on. 

So, ignore him, she did. On christmas break, she went home without telling him and switched off her phone. Rahe apni chipkali ke paas. 

The whole break was spent morosely. She could not even think about living without him for a single moment, but here she was, spending a whole break at her home. She was afraid to face him again. She didn't know what would she say when he will question her about this odd behaviour. 

After 7 Days~ In campus room-

Geet was unpacking her suitcase when she heard a knock on her door. Thinking  its Arnav, she hurriedly opened the door, only to find her roommate there. 

"Oh, Geet you are back!" Reetu said happily. 

Geet gave a tight smile. It had been a whole day at the campus and Arnav hadn't come in to see her. What would she know, Arnav and that girl might even be dating. 

"Hey Reetu, I am going to the registration office. Be right back okay?" Geet said while heading out the door. 

"Okay Geet. Jaldi aao." 

Geet was about to close the door when she came face to face with Arnav. She gasped, seeing him in real after 7 days made her feel so light-headed. 

"Hey Arnav! Kasie ho?" She gushed happily. 

"Theek. Tum?" He said in a flat tone. 

Geet looked at him a little confused as to what to decipher from his behaviour. 

"Kya hua darling? Bhoot dekh liya tha kya?" She gave a fake laugh, but stopped when she saw he was not laughing.

"Where were you? Tumhe pata bhi hai kitna pareshan tha main? Whole break. That was a WHOLE break Geet. I was mad here thinking something had happened to you. Pata hai kitni baar phone try kiya maine tumara? Lekin nahi, madam ka phone switched off tha. And why did you have to leave so suddenly? That to, without telling me! Ek text message de deti toh kya ho jaata Geet? Aisa kyun kiya? I used to think I understand you, lekin main samjh nahi pa raha yeh kyun kiya tumne?" By the end, his voice was real loud."I thought I had lost you Geet." he said softly. 

Her heart went out to him. She had never seen him like this. He was always so patient and understanding and cool.

"I am so sorry." she started to hug him but Arnav backed away. She looked at him in shock and hurt. 

"Let me finish Geet. Tumaare jaane ke baad, I thought a lot, and mujhe yeh realize hua hai ki I need to be with you. Not just as in best friends way, but in the "humsafar" way. I have grown to love you. Main nahi jee sakta tumare bina," he said while getting on one knee."Would you like to be my girlfriend, Geet, please?"

Geet stared at him, ultra-shocked. She had no idea what to say. Is this real? She wanted someone to pinch her. And then, she started crying. She had not been this happy since, well since those long seven days. She was crying so much that she couldn't speak. 

Alarmed, Arnav stood up. "Look look, I am an idiot. You don't have to be with me. Stop crying for my sake, just stop." He pulled her in a giant hug. 

Yes, yes yes yes yes I want to be with you always. "Yes Arnav, yes yes yes-yes," she mumbled sofly.

"Stop worrying ok. You don't have to say yes." Arnav said gently. 

She stared at him disbelievingly. "Didn't you hear what I said, Arnav? I need to be with you. You are my soul, my other half, my everything! I need to be with you Arnav. Cuz Jaan, life without you is no life at all." She said emotionally. 

They had been so young and so in love, Geet mused. She could still remember his expression when she had confessed to him that she had been jealous. He had started laughing and then had said,"I am not laughing at you Jaan. But this is completely outrageous that main kisi aur ki taraf dekhunga, when you are right here with me."  

Geet started smiling, the story still so fresh in her mind. Over the years, their relationship became so strong that people still had hard time figuring out how they could still complete each other's sentences, how they could understand each other so well, how they exactly knew when to leave the other one alone. 

*Beep Beep*

Startled, she looked at her phone. 

I will be a little late, Jaan. Sorry  
A xx

What?! How can he do this on our marriage anniversary?! she thought furiously. I won't go to the party at all! Khud aaye aur sambhaal le sab kuch. 

"Hello everyone, very nice to see you all at my party. Where's my wifey?" 

Astonished, she heard Arnav's voice coming from the speaker. 

Didn't he just say he would be late? she thought irritably. 

She came downstairs and stood near the stage. All the while, giving him angry looks. 

He smiled. 

"Welcome everyone. To my marriage anniversary party. Main bas yahi kehna chahunga ki all these years, meri wife ne mere upar bahut torture kiya hai." He chuckled and everyone started laughing politely.

Geet gasped. Tum toh gye bachu! 

"On a serious not, I would like to say that these years went so fast that I would like to spend them again with my Geet. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me. My life is great because she is in it. I need you, Geet. Cuz Jaan, a life without you is no life at all." He said lovingly. 

Geet had tears in her eyes. She always got so emotional whenever Arnav said anything romantic to her. She felt so lucky to have him in her life. 

"Happy 25th marriage anniversary Jaan. Agar tum mere paas ho, toh mujhe aur kisi cheez ki zaroorat nahi." He said smilingly. 

Geet went up the stage and hugged her husband, her companion, and her best friend tightly.
"I love you too, darling. Always have and always will."
Edited by Clever.Foxxy - 11 years ago
that was really good naazπŸ‘ loved the concept πŸ˜Š
keep it up πŸ€—

@Manjari1104- great idea πŸ‘
Edited by prinzylvsKaSh - 11 years ago
Great idea! I'd love to do one, once I get an idea...
You mentioned that you can do three maximum, can you do different couples on the list for each?
Edited by ..Labyrinth.. - 10 years ago