Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
I'm not asking you to change characters. Only asking to add a few...even adding 1 of those 4 is good too. But the decision is yours. I'll pick from the list.
GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Please choose from the list :) 
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
alright will do.

and should the story be posted here in this thread itself? i'm planning on getting it down today or at least by thursday cause i'll be busy when classes start this thursday.
GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

alright will do.

and should the story be posted here in this thread itself? i'm planning on getting it down today or at least by thursday cause i'll be busy when classes start this thursday.

Yes, it should be posted here!
nj_SRKholic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Manjari1104

Hi ! Glad you liked it. And it has to be a one shot but there is no limit to how much you can write. But it shouldn't exceed ONE post! Thats it.

thnkz dear.. :)😊
..Raizada.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 2 Thumbnail + 5
Wow!! This a really nice idea!!! I'd love to read some of these Stories!! Can't wait!!

I'd try my luck but I'd need to think really hard to get out of my Arnav and Khushi world! I can't imagine then with anyone else! And I don't watch any other show :/
ZAHARA. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Arina_R

Wow!! This a really nice idea!!! I'd love to read some of these Stories!! Can't wait!!

I'd try my luck but I'd need to think really hard to get out of my Arnav and Khushi world! I can't imagine then with anyone else! And I don't watch any other show :/

Haha, I found it difficult. I mean anyone else except ArShi! :P
ZAHARA. thumbnail
Okay, shall I just post my story here now? :S
ZAHARA. thumbnail

Couple pairing: Kushal Tandon (Viraat) and Kritika Kamra (Arohi)

The Sound of Music

"Latest news! Pop star Viraat Vadhera has been spotted throwing a tantrum on the set of his new music video. Word is that the heartthrob is living up to his bad boy reputation which may incur a lot of loss for his record label. Is this the end of the road for the brooding singer? Watch on to find out more." 

Arohi Sharma switched off the television sighing. She rolled her eyes at the thought of Viraat Vadhera throwing a tantrum because of someone not styling his hair perfectly or that there was no air conditioning or whatever stupid things he gets annoyed over. It wasn't that she disliked singers, she just hated the way celebrities acted, all high and mighty. She disliked those who had the easy life, whilst others had to struggle day and night to bring money in.  

"Arohi beta, breakfast is ready." A middle aged woman called out from the kitchen. She was the older, splitting image of Arohi with fair skin and jet black hair.

"No, ma. I'm getting late. I have to go." Arohi called out, rushing to get her books into her bag. She was in her final year at University, a feat which her parents were very proud of.

"Arohi, at least eat something." Arohi's father took his eyes off his daily morning newspaper and insisted his daughter to eat breakfast.

"No papa. I'm going bye." She ran out of the door, clutching her bag on her right shoulder.

Mr and Mrs Sharma looked on, smiling at the usual breakfast banter. "Wait! Wait!" Her mother called out. "We won't be home tonight. We're leaving Rishikesh to go to Mumbai to visit your aunt. We'll be back tomorrow okay?" She shouted as loud as she could.

A faint reply was heard from Arohi who had just exited the house, "Don't worry, I'll be fine!"

Wearing her comfortable dark blue kurta, Arohi took her usual ride on the auto rickshaw to her University which was twenty minutes away. Arriving at the campus, she paid the driver and was instantly ambushed as soon as she stepped out.

"Arohi! Arohi! Guess what?" A bubbly girl of Arohi's age chirped out happily. She was petite and had short brown hair up to her shoulders. Her eyes were a dark grey colour, in contrast to Arohi's warm brown pupils.

"Hm, you're getting married?" Arohi said sarcastically.

"Maybe at the end of tonight, who knows?" The girl said smiling.

Arohi raised her eyebrows. "Payal are you seriously getting married?" She asked curiously.

Payal shook her head grinning. "Nope. But I'm meeting one of my favourite singers today!" Payal screeched excitedly which made Arohi cover her ears.

"What?" She asked.

Payal took out two concert tickets from her bag and showed them to Arohi. "Concert tickets to see Viraat Vadhera live in the front seats! And you're coming with me!"

Arohi turned her head around and groaned, "Why me?! You know I don't like that brat!"

Payal rolled her eyes. "I don't care. You have to come." Arohi shook her head in denial.

"I won't be able to. Get someone else to go with you."

"Who? You're my only best friend, you have to come!"

"But '" Payal pulled Arohi's arm interrupting her.

"No buts. Look you don't like Viraat right?" Arohi nodded her head. "But you don't mind his music right?" Arohi thought for a bit.

"I liked his older sound, his new music is just so' fake and auto tuned." She insisted.

Payal groaned, "Please Arohi. Please!" She begged, kneeling down to touch Arohi's feet which got some looks from other students. Feeling nervous at the attention they were getting, Arohi picked Payal from her arms and stood her up.

"Okay fine. I'll come. But this is the first and last time okay?" Arohi huffed. Payal screamed excitedly, "OMG! Thank you Arohi!"

The day went by quickly to Arohi's dismay, which meant the time of the concert was nearing. She knew that there was no other way to forfeit; it was a Friday and she couldn't use the excuse of lessons to get away.

"Gunjasa hai koi iktara iktara, gunjasa hai koi iktara. Dheeme bole koi iktara iktara, deheeme bole koi iktara."

Humming along the lyrics to "Iktara", Arohi looked at her reflection in her full length mirror. She adjusted her white dupatta until each side was level and straightened her simple yet elegant churidar. She brushed her long jet black hair to perfection and placed it on the side table. She took one last glance at herself, and comfortable with the results, she walked out of her room.

The doorbell rang and Arohi opened it to a hyper Payal. She wore a bright pink dress, a colour matching her personality.

"Seriously, Arohi? You're wearing this? To a concert?" Payal tsked jokingly.

"So what? I feel good in this. And seriously Payal? Pink? And that bright?" Arohi looked the door behind and they walked to Payal's car.

"Pink is my favourite colour! Who doesn't love pink?" Arohi gave her a stern look. "Okay, you don't."

Arohi smirked as she sat in the front passenger seat of Payal's black car. The ride was quiet, well minus the song blasting from the speakers, and who was the one singing? The great Viraat Vadhera. Arohi rolled her eyes as Payal turned the volume up higher. Looking out at the sky, she noticed the darkening tree leaves. Autumn. The transition between Summer and Winter; a season which most people didn't appreciate. The way the leaves changed from bright green to the strong hue of brown and orange. Autumn was quiet, thoughtful, much like Arohi. She inhaled in the cold, sweet air and embraced the beautiful season.

"We're here!" Payal screeched and parked the car safely.

"Do you seriously need to do that?" Arohi asked annoyed whilst getting out.

"Do what?"

"The scream?" She said blatantly.

"Come on Arohi! It's Viraat Vadhera aka the hunk of today! Be excited, yaar!" Payal replied grinning.

Arohi gave her look and started to jump up and down squealing, "OH MY GOD PAYAL! I CAN'T BELIEVE WE'RE HERE TO SEE VIRAAT VADHERA! HE'S SOOO HOT!" She suddenly stopped deadpan to see Payal in absolute hysterics. "What was excited enough for you?" Arohi said sarcastically.

"Oh Arohi. You are crazy." Payal said as she pulled Arohi into the queue and took out the tickets.

"Yep, I must be crazy to listen to you in the first place." Arohi replied as she showed the ticket to the built up bodyguard standing outside the door.

The girls stepped inside a darkened room where the instant buzz of people hit their ears. Making their way to the front seat, a flash of light hit Arohi's eyes and then a sudden scream. Arohi tried to protect her eyes by using her hand; behind the rapturing light, a figure appeared. Arohi watched as the silhouette made its way to the centre of the stage.

"It's Viraat!" Payal screeched, nudging Arohi. Arohi moved her hand slightly and looked ahead. She focused her eyes and the blurring imagery became sharper as the figure came into view.

He was handsome.  Even more than the pictures the paparazzi takes, give credit for. He wore black jeans with a white shirt; in his left arm was the neck of his dark red guitar whilst with the right, he adjusted the microphone.  Arohi glanced at his hair; unruly ' something that girls were crazy for. His strong jawline was prominent, that trademark smirk indented on his lips.

Suddenly, the music blasted out Viraat's latest song "Love me", leading to more screams. Arohi felt uncomfortable at how everyone was squashed together with little space. To her left, Payal danced and sang along, innocent of Arohi's discomfort.

An hour later, the final note blasted from the speakers as the song came to an end.  Catching his breath, Viraat took hold on his microphone and sent out a thank you. "Thank you guys for coming!" He said swiftly and waited for the screams to enter.

Arohi rolled her eyes; "these singers always want one thing: fame", she thought.

Viraat scanned the audience, and for a split second, his eyes locked with Arohi's. Arohi looked back perplexed but before she could react, he smirked and ran out off the stage. Payal nudged Arohi, "Did you see that?" She said excitedly, "Viraat totally looked at you."

Raising her eyebrow, Arohi gave a nervous laugh, "Are you crazy? Maybe he looked at you and you thought he was looking at me. After all, your dress is that bright that even Viraat Vadhera can get mesmerised."

Payal grinned, "Okay, okay. Let's not make fun of me anymore and go home."

-

Arohi walked into her house, and found it strange that it was vacant. Remembering her mother had told her that they were going to Mumbai; Arohi shook her head and tapped her head lightly.

It was past eleven at night, and as Arohi yawned, she groggily made her way up to her room. Noticing her guitar standing next to the wall, she picked it up and sat next to the open windows. She started strumming, soft music was played out. Arohi started singing softly, her eyes closed. She thought of Viraat from before, the way he looked at her, even if it was for a second. She thought of the way he smirked, as if he had seen her before.

Arohi opened her eyes to the sudden bang coming from outside. She looked down and saw a shadows coming into her house. Scared, she picked up her guitar and crept downstairs, intending to use it as a weapon.

It was almost pitch black downstairs. Arohi noticed the shadow to her right, and found it very familiar. She hesitated for a second before clutching onto the neck of the guitar, upside down and walking silently towards the intruder.

It was hard to see the person in the darkness, but Arohi could make out that it was a man. His back was facing towards her, completely oblivious that she was behind him, ready to take a strike. Taking a deep breath, she whacked her guitar onto his back, to which he fell onto the hard floor.

He groaned and pushed Arohi off. "Are you crazy or something?" He spoke out angrily.

Arohi stopped, taking in the sudden familiarity of the voice. "You're the one that's crazy! Idiot, what are you doing in my house?" She replied angrily.

The man stood up, rubbing his back whilst Arohi switched the light on. They turned around and Arohi instantly saw the man in her living room, Viraat Vadhera.

"You!" They shouted together.

"You know me?" Arohi asked perplexed.

"Who wouldn't remember the girl screaming in the car park, shouting at how hot I am?" Viraat smirked.

Arohi rolled her eyes, "I was being sarcastic. Anyways, what the hell are you doing in my house? Get out before I call the police!" She said annoyed: all she wanted was a night's sleep, not to be disturbed by the arrival of a pop star.

"You know," Viraat said, taking a helping of an apple from the fruit basket, "most girls would be happy that the amazing Viraat Vadhera is in their house. But you?" He took a bite from the apple, "It's a different story."

Calming herself down by taking a deep breath, Arohi snatched the apple from his hand. "I don't care what others do, nor do I care that you are here. First you sneak into my home and you steal my apples as well?"

"I didn't do it on purpose. I was just taking a walk when these girls come running towards me." Arohi rolled her eyes, "I thought you loved girls." She scoffed.

Viraat snatched the apple back and took a bite, "Not when I want time for myself." He said sadly. Arohi looked on curiously. He sighed, "Anyways, I ran and heard someone singing. By the way, are you stupid for sitting on the edge of a window?"

Scoffing Arohi snatched the apple back, "Listen pop star, are you stupid for sneaking into my house?" She spat out.

"Like I said, it was to save myself from those girls." He took the apple from her hand and took another bite.

"I don't get it. Why won't a superstar like you like the attention? Isn't that what you live for?"

Viraat shrugged and sat down on a chair.

"I didn't say you could sit down!" Arohi protested. "What is your problem? Do you everything that you want?"

Viraat replied merely with a shrug which Arohi did not like. "All you people are the same. Whenever they get something they don't like, always a tantrum." She spat out. "And now, you are in my home doing whatever the hell you want!" Angrily, she pulled his arm and made him stand out.

He stopped and started to laugh. Arohi looked at him strangely. He walked towards her, his breathing was soft but the close proximity meant that Arohi could hear his heart beating. "They say it all wrong." He whispered. Arohi looked into his brown eyes and saw his sadness hidden behind. "Everyone is wrong." He whispered again.

Getting concerned with the closeness, Arohi pushed him away. "What are you talking about?"

He sighed. "What do you know about me?"

Arohi thought for a bit but failed. "Nothing, except that you're a singer and seen as a bad boy in the media."

He laughed lightly. "Okay, wrong question to ask a non-fan like you." He shook his head smiling. "Okay, do you know why they call me a bad boy?"

Arohi scrunched her forehead, "Because you pull tantrums on sets and like to string girls along."

Viraat walked towards her again, "Wrong." He whispered. He moved away, "First of all, I rebel because of the stupid songs they make me sing. And second, I don't string girls. Girls want me to pursue them and when I don't, they make it seem as if they were the ones hurt, and I was the one who hurt them." Arohi looked up at him, and saw for the first time the pain he was feeling.

He threw the finished apple remains into the bin, "You know. I hate this life. I hate having to sing what the record label makes me sing because apparently it makes more sales." He faked a laugh. "And I hate having no privacy. I never know who my real friends are and who are using me for my money."

Arohi tried to stop him from taking, but he ignored her. "Fans come to see me, dressed in short clothing. And you know, it makes me laugh at the way they throw themselves onto me. They have no shame. But then I see you in that car park dressed in this white churidar." Arohi listened carefully, "I was intrigued that a girl like you was coming to see me. And then you shout out and squeal at how excited you were. Realising that you were just another fan, I walked away."

"I was joking. My friend wanted me to act excited '" Arohi redeemed herself.

"Yeah, I could tell. When I saw you inside, I noticed how uncomfortable you were and I had this urge to help you. But I couldn't. My job was to sing and make money."

"So you did notice me, at the end?" She said as a question.

Viraat smirked, "I didn't mean to. I thought I wouldn't see you again, guess how wrong I was. You were different. And I managed to find myself in your house."

Arohi rolled her eyes, "Well, you did sneak in."

He laughed, "Yes that's true. And I'm sorry."

She faked a gasp, "What, the great Viraat Vadhera is apologizing to me?"

"Very funny. You know, I was sort of happy inside when I realised that you weren't a fan of my music."

Arohi laughed, "Well'"

"I hate it too." He said blatantly.

A moment of silence went by, "Actually. You know, I used to like your music. Well, your old songs. When you first got discovered." She said as a matter of fact.

Viraat smiled, "The only songs that I wrote, I miss doing that." He sat against the table.

"Why don't you do that then?" Arohi sat next to him.

"It's not that easy." He said. "They won't allow me. And I don't know how many more 'tantrums' as you so kindly said, I can pull anymore."

Arohi laughed lightly, "So. Leave."

"What? You think I should leave my record label?"

"Yes. If they won't let you be yourself, then why should you let them manage your music? Leave. Make your own sound, become Viraat Vadhera the original, not the computer generated crap."

Viraat laughed, "You seriously are one of a kind." He looked into her eyes and smiled genuinely. "Even if I do leave, who would like my music?"

Arohi nudged him, "I will, idiot. The first person you will see lining up to buy your album will be me. I promise."      

"Okay, then. You'll be the first person to get signature by me, I promise." He grinned.

An hour later, Viraat and Arohi were still engrossed in their conversation. "Okay. Favourite colour and why?" He asked.

"Blue. Because it's the colour of the sky, light blue in the day and dark blue at night. Yours?" Arohi said.

"White. You know people think white is one of those boring colours. But I love it. It's just pure, you know what I mean?" Viraat asked her. Arohi nodded.

"Okay. Favourite season?" he asked her.

Without thinking Arohi said, "Autumn. It's just so different. One of those seasons that isn't important but to me, it's just refreshing." Viraat looked at her intently, "What?" She asked.

He smiled, "That's my favourite season too." He grinned.

"So, you like to sing?" he said smiling.

Arohi blushed, "A little."

Viraat got hold of Arohi's guitar and gestured her to take it. "Sing something for me."

She started to deny but was hit by a stern look from Viraat. Sighing, she adjusted the position of the guitar and started strumming. Viraat watched in awe as Arohi's melodious voice filled the room and he listened dreamingly as the song came to an end.  

"Wow." Viraat said, not wondering what to say.

"Erm." Arohi said nervously.

"That was amazing." He breathed out. "I'That was brilliant."

"Well, it wasn't that '"

"Why don't you sing for money?" He interrupted.

"I don't know. I didn't think it was that great." Arohi said embarrassed.

"With a voice like that. You'll go far. Don't worry, I'll be the first one waiting to buy your album. I promised." He smiled.

Arohi giggled and rolled her eyes. Just then her phone rang and Arohi went out of the room to answer it.

"Hello?" She asked.

"Arohi, guess what!" An excited Payal interjected. "Viraat Vadhera has been spotted running through our neighbourhood, can you believe that?" Arohi looked at Viraat who tried to stop laughing. Arohi blushed.

"Oh really?" Arohi said to the oblivious Payal.

"Yes, really! Imagine if I meet him on the street, how cool would that be?" Arohi stifled a laugh.

"Very cool." She managed to say.

"Anyways, what am I doing? I should be out there looking for him! I'll talk to you tomorrow. Bye!" Before Arohi could reply, Payal had ended the call.

"Your friend Payal right?" Viraat said smirking.

"Yes, your number one fan." Viraat laughed. "Can I use your phone for a second?" he asked. Without questioning, Arohi gave him her phone but didn't understand what he used it for since he didn't call anyone.

Looking at the time, he said, "I'm sorry. I have to go."

Arohi looked at him dejected but tried to hide it, "Yeah. You should."

Viraat was leaving but then stopped, "By the way. I forgot to ask, what's your name?"

Arohi couldn't help but laugh before replying. "Arohi. Arohi Sharma."

He smiled, "Well, Arohi it was nice to meet you. Bye." He walked out the door leaving a saddened Arohi.

A few minutes later, a text came onto Arohi's mobile. Not recognising the number, she opened it to see a message;

Hey, sorry for stealing your number Arohi but I just had to talk to you again. You're really one of a kind, so how could I not? Anyways, this is my real number so be proud okay? Reply back to me quick, I'm waiting for you. 
Viraat X

Arohi smiled at Viraat's sweet message and laughed. In one day, she met and became close to the rebel, Viraat Vadhera. And in the future? Well, who knows'.but for now, Arohi won't make him wait too long for her. 

Edited by ZAHARA. - 11 years ago
Jannat94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
thanx 4 d pm dear
And dis story is really very nice
Liked it so much...