Post-Bhagonwali Discussion Thread #3 - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago

Hello to my beautiful "G" Company buddies!!!  I always said that the "G" Company were special, wonderful, intelligent  people!!!    As I become more exposed to "the others",  I appreciate even more how wonderful and civilised the "G" Company fans are!!!  So take a bow folks   πŸ‘!!!!  We are indeed special   πŸ˜ƒ!!! 

pensink ... I so agree with you ... Zee just loves to separate married couples ... I have been watching a few of their serials intermittently and all I see is couples seemingly in love being separated!!!   I just hate that!!!!   I think they should try running some short stories ... maybe a few episodes ... of some nice clean romance without all the separation! 

As for Runjhun believing the M&M's when she knew their history of lying, do you think because she was such a decent person she expected everybody to be good too and that she just kept hoping that the next time the M&Ms would not lie ... somewhat like a gambler who thinks that the next time he's sure to win and goes on and on!!! 

I think the CVs just wrote the script without thought of whether it made sense or not ... how else could an educated, intelligent girl like Runjhun just continue to unquestioningly trust those M&Ms knowing their past record.  It was so illogical!!!  I know we all reasoned that it was because she craved their love and wanted to please them so much, etc., but in reality I don't think any sensible person would go the distance that Runjhun did for the M&Ms ... the girl even left her marital home and a loving husband for them (OK, so we won't start that argument again ... whether she left or "G" threw her out  )!!!!  Anyway, I may have disliked certain parts of Bhagonwali, but I would never regret watching it!!!  I'll always treasure that story!!!! 

As for preparing my kundli,  I think I'll just settle for adoring HIMM from afar  !!!   The last time I got close to a star, it threw me off him completely πŸ˜’... so disappointed was !!   I don't want that to happen with HIMM πŸ˜ƒ !!!!

So where are all the "G" People today???   Hope you didn't lose your way!!!!  This is Ittarwali Gali, isn't it ...   Home of the King of Kannauj   πŸ˜• ????     
@ Vanfan Di, I so love your statement and I actually believe this may happen:

" I think as the show progresses with both Shivani and Manasi in the same house, we will see Shivani appreciating arranged marriage looking at the love and affection Manasi is getting from the family and Manasi will start appreciating love marriage seeing the closeness between Shivani and Sahil. That is what makes me think it will not be very smooth between Annop and Manasi. But who know as you all know by now how bad my predictions usually are."

Enjoyed your post and excellent analysis!!!

@ Nikki, you were surely missed, what happened???πŸ˜›

@ Leesan, Himm's mom would never return you via Fedex, may be more like back at the line!πŸ˜‰

@ Indi, I did get confused with the reel mom vs the real mom! He has a tendency to do that to me all the time 😳.

@ Pensink, could never understand how Runjhun was so gullible where her M&Ms were concerned!!

Edited by jps01 - 11 years ago
Well hello there all my sweet and lovely G girls!! Sooo excited seeing almost everyone out and about on the forum today! My dear Van, so good to have you back with us again, thanks so much or your wonderful,well thought out and intuitive post...in fine form as usual!! πŸ‘!!

@ indi...ever faithful,ever funny, great post! So happy that you are so active on the LMYAM forum, a whole new group get to experience and enjoy your excellent POVs!! What would we do without you?!

@ Pensink...thanks Vaishali for your great WUs, I read and enjoy them everyday, and I'm sure many other Himm fans do as well! Great analysis,the LMYAM forum is lucky to have you!! 

@ Jay...dearest Jay, I'm getting the distinct impression that slowly but surely I'm being pushed further to the back of the line!! πŸ˜‰  Anoop's mother won't choose me I'm sure, but what about G's mum? She seemed like a sweet and gentle lady, you think I stand any chance whatsoever?  πŸ˜‰

Anyways ladies, thanks for all your input re my query, whether destiny,fate ,bhaag or just plain old deductive reasoning, G found the love of his life,R at that temple, and never looked back!! β€οΈ!! Lucky for them both and lucky for us too!!

Now to Van's concern re R's response to G getting the money from her uncles. I think she was just hurt that it came across like G was paid a bribe to marry her, at that point she was very conflicted re G's motives. She had been burnt before and still couldn't trust G completely. 

And therein lay the problem, even after G professed his undying love for her, R was still willing to believe the lies of her M&Ms !!!? Mostly because old habits die hard, and maybe deep down R believed she was unlovable!!
After all her parents had died and left her, her relatives used and mistreated her ( except Amma), and Abhi also disappointed her by not standing up for her! And G himself was very harsh towards her! No wonder she had such difficulty trusting G 100%!! 

But her implicit trust of her relatives went way overboard, but this was necessary to create tension and maintain the drama, as is typical of all Indian serials in tellyland!! Blame the CVs for all these OTT reactions and responses, logic flew out he windows of PN, SN and of course LN!!! And sadly,eventually out of Kannauj!! 

Well G company girls (and guys) ,it's been just over 6 months since BBAT came to an end, and our forum is still around!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸΌ
That says a whole lot about the BBAT show ...and about us!!  I'm really proud to be part of this tiny but tenacious group, great job!! Take  a well deserved bow ,...we did it!!! 

By the way Rani just posted that Zee has released 195 full length episodes on YouTube !!  Sorry...no eng subtitles, but it's still nice to have easy access to the shows ! I just watched one,after a very long time. 
Superb acting by Nive and Himm! Bittersweet moments for me watching our beloved Gunjuhn in action again! Still haven't found anything else to match it!! Sigh! 

Okay, enough !! Time for a new topic!! Think  girls,think hard!! And please keep posting!! 
@ Leesan, enjoyed reading your previous post!! Yes, I am also thrilled to see that some episodes are on Youtube now!  Did watch a few last evening!!  Still a die hard BBATian and Gunjhun will always be first and foremost!πŸ˜ƒ

As for LMYAM, I am hoping to get you to join us over there - at least for Himm's sake !!!  I don't know Hindi either but I rely on Pensink's daily and excellent write-ups and I watch just for him.  He still portrays his character with justice!!  Just think if we are not there to represent him, who will be there?  The other male lead has an immature, arrogant, illiterate fan base, but I am proud of who we are!!  So, please, please think about it and we would love to have your company over there!!!!πŸ˜†

Much love
!

Yours, Jay!!πŸ˜‰
Edited by jps01 - 11 years ago

Hi to the Special "G" company Soldiers!!!  I'm so happy to be home  πŸ˜ƒ!!
Enjoyed reading your posts!!! 

leesan, as jay suggested, I think you should join us on the LMYAM forum too!!!  I too don't understand hindi (well, just a few words here and there which come in quite handy now!!!!), but with pensink's wonderful write-ups I get along quite Ok!!!   But then I'll be fine just watching Himmanshoo  πŸ˜‰!!!!  The other lead just isn't my type ... too fond of showing muscles and yes, quite immature ... with no real depth/ability to make an impact on me ... too superficial for me!!! 

jps ... BBAT will always be my No. 1 romance story ... took the lead from Pride & Prejudice, Romeo & Juliet, etc.

While I'm enjoying LMYAM, especially the Anoop character (the main attraction for meπŸ˜ƒ), seeing Himmanshoo/Anoop (especially enacting those little gestures that I attribute as belonging to only Guddu Shukla !!! )  has awakened my deep yearning for Bhagonwali, Guddu and Runjhun Shukla … When I thought  that this new show might lighten that intense hunger for Gunjhun, it has instead re-awakened all that deep rooted craving!!!  If anything, I find myself missing Bhagonwali so very much!!  I have decided that the only thing to satisfy this ache and fill this void in my heart would be to see Himmanshoo and Nivedita together in another love story … i.e. if we cannot have a BBAT II!!!   No harm in dreaming ... !!!!

I don't think I'm being fair to the actors of LMYAM … including Himmanshoo, as they are all really good in their roles.  Anoop and Mansi make a lovely couple and even though I'm looking forward to their interactions, SR, falling in love, etc,  it's not with the same enthusiasm that I had for BBAT – as a matter of fact, it's like I have a little dread in my heart… somewhat like during the times of the nautanki!!

I know I'm being irrational here … afterall, Himmanshoo is an actor ….. and not only my beloved Guddu Shukla!!!   In another time (i.e. before BBAT), I would be so excited and impatient for the next episode.    I cannot blame the actors here, as since Bhagonwali, I find that I just cannot fully enjoy any other romance story as I used to.  Maybe if we were shown some more romantic scenes between Gunjhun I might be satisfied enough and be able to enjoy other stories!!!  Don't know if I should laugh or cry!!! 

Anyway, come hell or high water, I'll be working really hard to overcome this addiction to BBAT and treat it as one of my favourite romantic stories … that's the only way I'm ever going to enjoy another romance!!

Didn't mean to ramble ... but once somebody mentions BBAT ... I automatically start up  !!!!

pensink ... looking forward to your usual excellent WU!!!

Where is godblessall, Van Di, niiki, surish?? 

See you on the other side!!!

@ Indi, so true, the "intense hunger" is not there like when BBAT was on air.  I was beside myself wondering what will happen next that sometimes I even jeopardized my compliance rules just to take a peek, such was my anxiety!!! But I am enjoying Himm's new role as Anoop and I feel in comparison to all the other actors, his role has depth.

I agree with you on the other actor, but prefer to remain mum as that's the kind of persona and attention that generates high rankings and trps!!!  So will concentrate on Anoop only!!!

Bottom line, no one can ever get BBAT out of me - it was my first Indian soap and the most romantic for me!!!

Originally posted by jps01

@ Indi, so true, the "intense hunger" is not there like when BBAT was on air.  I was beside myself wondering what will happen next that sometimes I even jeopardized my compliance rules just to take a peek, such was my anxiety!!! But I am enjoying Himm's new role as Anoop and I feel in comparison to all the other actors, his role has depth.

I agree with you on the other actor, but prefer to remain mum as that's the kind of persona and attention that generates high rankings and trps!!!  So will concentrate on Anoop only!!!

Bottom line, no one can ever get BBAT out of me - it was my first Indian soap and the most romantic for me!!!

jps ... (LOL!!!)  My sentiments exactly!!!

To all my dearest BBATians, happy Friday and wishing you a great weekend ahead!!

And to those in the US, have a wonderful Labor Day weekend and the countdown starts for fall!!!
Enjoy your long weekend!!!!

Godblessall, you have been missing recently - where are you?

Much G love to all!!!

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
πŸ˜ƒ
Originally posted by jps01

To all my dearest BBATians, happy Friday and wishing you a great weekend ahead!!

And to those in the US, have a wonderful Labor Day weekend and the countdown starts for fall!!!
Enjoy your long weekend!!!!

Godblessall, you have been missing recently - where are you?

Much G love to all!!!

πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
πŸ˜ƒ
Thanks Jps,  and wish you a great long weekend as well. Do you have any special plans for this weekend.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!!

lots of love and a big hug to all!!πŸ˜ƒ