(ArHi FF)Arranged Marriage Thd-3 New thread Pg-163 - Page 36

Posted: 11 years ago
Wonderful update!! I've been waiting so anxiously for it. Loving the story and how the characters are coming out.

Beautifully written.
Hi Rani... i am fast becoming a really big fan of ur story and ur way of writing... i had seen someone comment abt chapter-18 whereas i couldn't find it anywhere as u hadn't given any link or mention of the page number where the update was posted and so i went through all the pages, from the first page, till i reached the update...PHEW!!! see how addicted i have become to know what happens next and what u have planned for these two.

I believe i have already said this in my earlier comment, that u have managed to hold on to every essence of the characters which had made ASR and Khushi so endearing to us in the show and so even though they share the same flavour of characters from the show, the story is so different and here lies the attraction...

Wasn't it just enough that u have to write so well now u r quoting from Pride and Prejudice???? Jane A, i one of my most fav. writers, and P&P is my most fav book since i first read it. No other book has been able to replace it yet, even though i can very well say i am a avid book-addict.

Loved how the paragraph that u have put here, seem to reflect ASR's mood.

Originally posted by Becs

On page 6.

Thank u so much... i had actually by then started my search, but it is the thought that counts and u took ur time out to help. So thanks.
Alright, so firstly, I went through all the comments, and thank you so much for such an amazing response! 
I loved reading every single one of them, and felt quite over-whelmed by it all! A special shout out to the new readers and the ex-silent readers! :)

In case anyone missed it, here is the last chapter (Part 18)

Before I post the next part, this is just to let the new readers know of my updating style. 
I normally try and be regular with my updating, however there are certain personal reasons i am not as active on IF anymore. Hence my updates are a bit delayed. I try and update within two weeks, but it can stretch out to a month as well. I would rather I update when I get the peace of mind to write something I am moderately happy with, than do a half-done job like the CVs at times do, and give it to you to read. That will be unfair to you as readers, unfair to this story and its characters, and unfair to me as a writer. 

Therefore, please do not hold too many expectations on me being a regular updater. I'll try. However, I cannot promise anything. 

Now onto the PMs. 
New readers, and old readers. I am not frequent in PM-sending anymore. I'll send a PM once all my stories have been updated, which can take a while. Hence do no rely on PMs, please. 
You can add me, however I have been lazy about accepting people and i have over 100 pending requests, so that's gonna take a while to sift through. 

If you are a newbie, with 0 posts, please do yourself and myself the favour of not sending me a request. 
I don't really have my buddy list to chat up randoms, I solely use it for the purpose of sending PMs and keeping people updated with my stories. 

So if you do send me a PM, please make sure you are a reader who reads and comments my stories, because PM-ing about 600 people is a tiny, tiny bit tiring. Please. 

And now coming to this part, now sure how happy I am since I don't know if I was able to get the emotions across as well. However, let me know what you thought. 

I am one of those writers that appreciates constructive criticism. So if you feel there was something off with this update, such as my narrative style was off, I wasn't able to emote the emotions correctly, I could have worded this sentence differently, etc. Feel free to tell me. I don't take offence to things that easily, so don't worry about hurting my feelings, etc. 
Normally things that piss me off, I tend to ignore them, unless you really pick a bone with me, and I have to defend myself :)

Alright, now to end this MASSIVE author's note (Please tell me you read it, because I don't want to explain the same thing again and again!), onto the next part! :)

Part 19

"Relationships don't always make sense. Especially from the outside"

- Sarah Dessen, Along for the Ride

The car sped down the road, and Khushi sat at the back, gazing out the window her hands folded on her lap, mulling over her thoughts as a comfortable silence surrounded the car. She had noticed that the looks Arnav had thrown her way had increased, she could feel his body stiffen every time she walked past, or came within a few feet distance. She frowned as she gently wrung her dupatta around her finger in nervousness not being able to get the thoughts out of her mind, she sighed as she leaned her head against the window, the past few days taking over her mind.
She narrowed her eyes slightly as she thought about how his eyes would narrow thoughtfully every time she was near his presence, or she would at times feel the heat of his gaze as she went about doing her work at home. She squirmed in nervousness as an uncomfortable and unknown feeling gripped her insides.

She knew that she didn't like him looking at her, it made her uncomfortable, and an uneasy feeling always gripped her insides, making her want to hide. And that was the reason why she would try to move out of his way every time he would be in the same room, hide her face behind her dupatta, close her eyes and pretend to pray to Devi Maiya every time he looked at her as though he wanted to talk, pretend to be absorbed in her work, speak as little as possible, ignore him as much as possible. And she had been succeeding so far, but she knew that the honeymoon was fast approaching and her heart clenched in fear at the thought of spending more time with the man she hated.

But then there were days when his anger would be hanging by a lose thread, taking his frustration out on her, reminding her how much he hated her, of the circumstances under which they were married, how he wished he never met someone like her, and Khushi would find herself wondering if he was the same man who had been kind to her only a few minutes ago.

As the car turned the corner of an unfamiliar road, Khushi tore her eyes from the window and looked at Shyam questioningly, who grinned back at her, not saying anything.

The car took another turn and finally came to a stop. Khushi looked out the window, and felt her breath hitch as she saw her house, the lights on inside, seeing the silhouette of Buaji walking around inside, her plait of hair thrown over her shoulder, and her hands unconsciously gripped the suit tightly, biting her lip to keep the emotions from pouring out.
She turned to face Shyam in shock, and he looked back at her, a kind smile gracing his face as he nodded outside.

"You are leaving for Australia soon, and saale saab is so busy, I just thought that I'll get you to see your family before you left"

Khushi swallowed the lump that had formed in her throat and reflected all her happiness through her eyes, unable to say anything due to the heaviness in her throat. Shyam nodded his acknowledgement and then slowly nudged her to go visit her family.

Khushi waited with bated breath, her hands clasping and unclasping tightly, wringing her fingers around her dupatta, her heart hammering against her chest outside the door of her home. She could hear the commotion from inside, the loud noise of the TV, Buaji's loud voice carrying over outside, the utensils making noise as they were stacked in the kitchen. Khushi bit her lip as her eyes misted over, and looked over her shoulder to grin at Shyam, who had a small smile on his face.
"Thank you" She mouthed, and he nodded, chuckling lightly at her radiant face.

The door opened just as Khushi turned back to face the door, and Khushi saw as her Amma stood with her eyes wide, mouth open, tears starting to collect in her eyes, as she exclaimed, "Khushi?!"
Khushi threw her arms around her mother's neck and buried her face into her neck, inhaling the scent she had grown up with, her stomach tightening and the tears finally trailing down her face as she clenched her eyes shut.

She sat on the couch, a cup of tea in her hand, a wide smile on her face as she joked around with her family, recounting the times before her marriage.
"Bitiya, where is Arnav bitwa?" Garima asked, her eyes filled with concern, as she held onto Khushi's hand tightly, not having let go since Khushi had stepped into the house.
Khushi exchanged a small glance with Shyam, before smiling at her mother and giving her hand a squeeze, "He is at work, Amma. He couldn't get away, that's why jijaji brought me here"

Garima nodded, and smiled down at her daughter, a hand tucking away the stray strands of hair that had fallen on Khushi's forehead, her old eyes shining with love. 

"'And then you know what Jijaji? Dhruv took the small stone, threw it at the seller's back of the head, causing his attention to be diverted, and in that split second, he quickly grabbed a few jalebis and came running to me to make me smile again" Khushi giggled, and Shyam threw his head back and laughed as they stepped into the house.

The family was sitting in the living room, and everyone looked up when Khushi and Shyam stepped in. Anjali grinned at them, and approached them, her hand holding out to take Shyam's coat from him, 
"Aa gaye?" Anjali asked and Khushi smiled at her.
"We had gone to Amma, Babuji's house, and we had dinner there" Khushi explained and Anjali nodded.
"I know. Inhone call kar ke bataa diya tha" Anjali smiled and they stepped towards the living room where everyone was sitting around, the TV playing on soft volume, Nani sitting with Laxmi in front of her knees, Mami looking into the mirror, Mama reading a book and Akaash sitting with the files from work scattered around, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration.
Khushi's' eyes travelled up the stairs and wondered if he had reached home. Anjali noticed this and piped up,
"Chote got home an hour ago. He was very tired, so he went to sleep, I think. He had his dinner outside"
Khushi nodded, and went to sit beside Nani, her hand darting out to tickle Laxmi behind the ears. She knew that she had to go up to his room again, but she decided to prolong that as much as possible, and so she sat with the family, even though her eyes were starting to droop, and she chatted and laughed with them, willing the time to go slower so she could stay here for longer.
Just as Anjali got up and stretched out, she realised that it was half past 11. She swallowed hard as she saw the family slowly get up and go back to their rooms bidding her good night. Khushi sat on the couch, her hand lightly resting on Laxmi's back, her fingers feeling the soft hair, her eyes continually darting towards the clock and back to around the darkened living room.

She was dreading to go back to the room. It reminded her of all the unfortunate circumstances that had brought them together, it reminded her of his hate, it reminded her of the countless times she had shut herself in the bathroom and cried her heart out, stifling the sounds by holding a hand to her mouth.

She was afraid that despite having lived with him for 3 weeks, she was afraid that they had made no progress in their relationship.
You will learn to love him, bitiya, just as he will learn to love you.
Her mother's words rang through her mind, and she closed her eyes tightly, an uneasy feeling settling in her stomach, and she took in a few deep, calming breaths.
As the weeks had worn on she had felt not a single shred of love for him. Their days and nights were filled with hatred, with arguments, and with silence that seemed to suffocate her at times.

He had calmed down over the course of last week, but he would still have his outbursts, and Khushi would have to keep a check on her anger to keep their fights from escalating.
Half the time she wasn't sure whether he was being nice for her, for himself or for his family.

"Devi Maiya, I leave with him for Australia in two days. Raksha karna" She said out loud, chewing on her bottom lip, her eyes falling to Laxmi when she felt a nudge against her knee. Bending down, she kissed the goat on her head and smiled down,
"Don't worry Laxmiji, I will be back before you realise I am gone!"
The goat nuzzled into her knee, before turning around and going towards the mandir, next to which it usually went off to sleep.

She took in a deep breath, and got up. Walking up the stairs, deliberately slow, she stood outside her door for a few seconds, before creaking it open slightly.
Her eyes widened in surprise, as she saw the darkness around her, and her hands groped out trying to find the walls and make her way to the cupboard. Her breath shortened and she closed her eyes, trying to calm herself.
Giving up on getting changed, as the fear clung to her, she stumbled over to the couch. She felt around and realised there was no blanket or pillow on the couch. Her eyes widened and she cursed her luck.
Couldn't he have kept a pillow and blanket for her She fumed as she tried feeling around the dark room.

Swallowing hard, she kept her arms outstretched, her eyes wide, wishing there was have some light so she could make her way around. Just as her toe hit the edge of the bed, she gasped out loud, and whimpered, bending down, to clutch her leg as pain radiated up from the toe and up her leg.

She quickly sat down to inspect her toe, but jumped up as she felt two feet under her, instead of the soft mattress. 
"What the f-"
The light that was switched on, momentarily blinded her and she quickly closed her eyes to let her adjust to the sudden brightness. The fear ebbed away, and she let out a sigh of relief, the pain in her toe bringing her back to the situation at hand.
"What the hell are you doing?" He asked, his voice sleepy and tired, his eyes red from being woken up, and his hair dishevelled, strands of hair falling on his forehead. Khushi quickly looked away, as she rubbed her toe on the carpeted floor trying to ease out the pain.

"Humein blanket aur pillow chahiye" Khushi said, as she limped to the other side of the bed and grabbed her pillow and blanket, her heart still hammering against her chest, as she felt her face turning hot from embarrassment.
"So you decided to sit on me?" He asked, his eyes widening as the sleep left him and Khushi bit her lip, the blush slowly spreading down to her neck, and she swallowed hard as she answered him,
"There was no light and-"
"So you didn't think of switching it on?" He cut her off, and Khushi halted briefly realising that she could have switched on the light. But she looked at him, his hair still dishevelled, a look of complete disbelief on his face, and she looked away as she took the blanket and started walking towards the couch.
"Haan, hum kar sakte the, but I didn't want to disturb-"
"But you still disturbed me" He snapped, his eyes flickering over to the clock on the bedside table and frowning he looked back at her. Khushi's eyes wandered over to the clock and saw that it was 12.
"What are you doing up so late?" He asked, sitting up, frowning hard as his eyes held hers,
"I was just downst-"
 "Did you just return with jijai?' He cut her off, his eyes flickering over to the clock once again and Khushi closed her eyes in frustration at being cut off again, before opening them.

"Nahin" She said, not offering him much of an explanation, as she laid out her bed.
She knew he was waiting for more of an answer, but his pride would not let him ask for one. Keeping her eyes trained on the bed, she smoothed out the blanket, her hands puffing up the pillow, before she sat down, removing her sandals, and made herself comfortable before lying down on the sofa, turning to her side, tucking her blanket under her chin, and closed her eyes tight, waiting for Arnav to close the light in frustration.
She knew that he was upset. She knew that he was waiting for an explanation, but she wasn't sure why she should give him one. He had told her time and time again that he did not care for her, so should she bother explaining her whereabouts. As she held her breath, her body stiffening as the seconds ticked past, she waited for him to snap, for him to close the lights, and let her sleep in fear. But he did not move. She did not hear the rustle of bed sheets that would come when someone moved, she could not even hear him breathe, and so she opened her eyes, looking up at the bed to see his eyes closed tightly, his hands fisting up, his lips thinning into a line as he tried reigning in his anger.

She waited for him to give into the anger, but he merely opened his eyes, connected them with hers, and she felt her breath hitch as she saw them harden, narrow, and exhale in frustration, turning to his side, bringing the blanket up to cover his face, his back facing her as he went back to sleep.

The light remained switched on for the entire night, and Khushi suddenly found herself unsure of what to make of the lack of an outburst at her needling him. 

Translation:

Aa gaye? = You've come?
Inhone call kar ke bataa diya tha = He had called to let me know
Humein blanket aur pillow chahiye = I wanted a blanket and a pillow
Haan, hum kar sakte the, but I didn't want to disturb- = Yeah I could have done that, but I didn't want to disturb-

Let me know what you thought! :)

~K

Edited by Krani - 11 years ago

Part 20

"The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that it has come to be disbelieved in. Few people dare now to say that two beings have fallen in love because they have looked at each other. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only."

- Victor Hugo, Les Misrable

"Bitwa, have you packed everything?" Nani asked, as she walked into the room, and Arnav glanced up from his file briefly, before nodding and tunring back to his work, a pencil in his hand as he added variations to the sketches in his hand, his forehead creasing up in concentration, his shoulders stiffening in tension as the workload increased.

"What about you bitiya?" Nani asked sitting on the bag as she saw the open suitcase where Khushi was gently packing away her saris and suits, Nani's eyes widening as she saw Khushi's choice of attire. "Bititya, do you know what month it is?"

"December" Khushi said, as she packed away another sweater, thinking about the cold that would be gripping the south.

"And do you know that it is summers there at the moment?" Nani asked, her eyes twinkling in mirth as Khushi gasped, a hand flying to her mouth, and looked down at the suitcase that was overflowing with shawls and sweaters.

"But it's winters in Delhi!" Khushi exclaimed, as she looked at Nani confused.
"You have got to be kidding me," Arnav muttered under his breath, and Nani looked at Arnav questioningly, before turning to answer Khushi.

"Yes bitiya, but it is summers in Melbourne" Nani smiled, as she stroked her cheek lovingly.

"But..h-how?" Khushi asked, and Arnav snapped his file in frustration.
"Nani mein Khushi ke saath nahin jaa raha" Arnav said, his eyes flickering over to Khushi, before settling on Nani who stood up in concern.

"Yes you are" Nani said firmly, her hand holding the pallu that was covering her head, "and we had agreed to this a month ago, and we had a talk about it few days ago as well Chote" Nani said firmly, but Arnav's eyes closed in frustration.

"She doesn't know a single thing about Australia, I am not going to be baby-sitting her"
"Chote!" Nani exclaimed, her eyes hardening as she took a step towards him, before closing her eyes, taking a deep breath and looking at Khushi who was silently removing the sweaters from the suitcase.

"Khushi biitya'"
"It's okay Nani" Khushi said cheerfully, hiding the pinch in her heart at his words, and turned to her with a wide smile, "Arnavji is stressed with work, which is why he is snapping at everyone. We will go, and trust me, I'll blend in with everyone so easily, that when I return you won't be able to recognise me!" Khushi said, bouncing on her heels in excitement as a smile broke past her lips. Nani stepped forward and kissed her on the forehead,
"Hamesha aise hi haste rehna bitiya!" Nani said, her eyes glistening with unshed tears, before turning to Arnav.

She stared at him disapprovingly, before shaking her head in disappointment and walking out. The moment Nani stepped out of the room, Khushi turned on her heel and started taking out the lighter suits and one or two saris for her stay in Australia.

The sound of a file hitting the floor caused her to jump and she whirled around to see him stalking out of the room, his body stiff with tension and Khushi scowled as she bent down to pick the file, her eyes taking in the rough sketches of models and the designs worn by them. Her hands itched to grab a pencil and quickly scribble over the designs adding her own touch to them but she quickly set the file aside, her eyes travelling to the pool-door through which Arnav had stormed out of, and was presently washing the plants, his back facing the room, and Khushi shook her head as she placed the file on the desk.
"Hai Devi Maiya" She muttered under her breath, as she went back to packing away her clothes, "bloody raakshas. What does he think of himself?" She whispered to herself, her eyes travelling to his form, which was still straight and stiff as he went on to water the pots on the other side of the pool.
Picking up a sari, she held it against herself as she looked into the mirror, wondering whether to pack it. She sighed as she took in the pale yellow with silver work on the borders, and threw it back on the bed, "It's not like I am going to be dressing up for anyone" She muttered, "So why should I pack away the nice clothes. There is not going to be anyonethat I will be meeting, except staying with the Laad Governer all day"
Just as the words slipped out of her mouth, she gasped and clasped two hands over her mouth, the nails digging into her cheeks as she looked up fearfully, "Devi Maiya, promise me you will give me a way to keep out of his way. You have to promise me!" She whispered harshly, her eyes glaring up at the ceiling, as she pretended that Devi Maiya sat sheepishly up there, promising Khushi.

Placated, Khushi picked up another sari, and held it against her, twirling around, as she looked in the mirror. The red stood out against her skin and she smiled as she thought back to the Diwali day when Amma had gifted her to sari, "I might pack this" She muttered under her breath, and suddenly felt a chill run down her spine causing her to shiver. She stiffened, as her eyes lost the spark, her smile vanishing, her breath hitching, as her eyes focussed on the stiff form behind her, that stood there staring at her as she stood in front of the mirror, the sari held close to her, his eyes transfixed on her, his hand folding the jug of water, the grip tightening, and Khushi felt the uneasy feeling creeping back into her stomach, making her heart race and wanting to hide somewhere.
She gulped as she took a step back from the reflection in the mirror, and realising she had taken a step towards Arnav, she quickly took a step back towards the mirror, and looked away, frowning as the uneasiness became worse, causing her to dig her heels into her sandals and transfer her weight from one foot to another in agitation.

She looked back in the mirror and noticed that he had looked away, and was staring at the ground, his arms bent at his sides, as his brows furrow in confusion, his face not betraying much of his emotions, and Khushi found herself trying to decipher the guarded look in his eyes. He suddenly looked back at the mirror, and their eyes met through the reflection, and Khushi suddenly held her breath, as the feeling of uneasiness returned to her stomach, causing her insides to clench painfully, her heart faltering at the look that he possessed, as he took a step closer to her.
Khushi's eyes widened, and she quickly took a step to the side, holding up the sari so it covered the side of the face that was facing him. She could feel the heat of his gaze as she walked past, knowing that he was frustrated at the way she was behaving, but she quickly, walked towards the bathroom, mumbling about needing to wash her face, threw the sari on the bed, and made a dash for the bathroom, locking the door behind her, and leaning against it, her breathing quickened as she tried regaining control of her emotions.
What was that?
Why wouldn't he stop staring?
What was he playing at?

"Chote?" Nani called out, and Arnav stepped into the room, the encounter with Khushi still playing on his mind as his mind got agitated at the fact that she had refused to answer to him. Frowning, he took off the Bluetooth and set it on the bedside table, coming to sit in front of Nani holding her hands in his, giving her a brief smile.
She looked at his face, her eyes getting worried at the tension that was being reflected, and she raised her hand, her fingers gently swiping over his forehead, trying to ease away the frown lines.
Arnav sighed and leaned into her touch, the tension leaving him, and his shoulders relaxing.

"Why was Khushi here?" Arnav asked, and Nani gave him a small smile, nodding gently.
"She is a good girl, Chote" Nani said, but Arnav looked away, his eyes hardening refusing to answer.
"Chote" Nani said, forcing him to face her, "You leave in a few days time for Australia" She said in a raspy old voice and Arnav frowned,
"Nani. Are you ill? Do you need the doctor? Did you have your medications"
"Shh, bitwa, I am fine. It's just old age" Nani coughed and Arnav gently helped her get into a comfortable position on the bed. "Bitwa, you leave for Australia in a few days" She whispered, and Arnav stared hard at the bed, not looking up at her, "I want you to promise me something."

Arnav did not say anything and Nani continued, "I promised your Dada this, and now I want you to promise me the same."

Arnav finally looked up, and nodded for her to continue,
"I want you to take care of Khushi"

Arnav got up suddenly, but Nani grabbed a hold of his hand forcing him to sit back down,
"Promise me Arnav. She is a kind soul, she hasn't done anything to get your hatred-"
"Nani she has the-"
"I know' Nani emphasised, her eyes closing in frustration, "I know bitwa. But I know for a fact that she is not after the money or wealth. It was a deal that happened a long time ago, Why punish her for it?"
"Because she is the reason-"
"Arnav" Nani warned, and Arnav quietened down, his lips thinning as the anger started bubbling inside. "Arnav, listen to me. She is my responsibility. I got her in this house. I want you to promise me, that you will take care of her while you are on this trip" She whispered, "I want you to promise Arnav, that you will try and make this trip memorable for her"

Arnav looked away, not answering, and Nani's eyes dropped down and a sigh of disappointment left her at Arnav's stubbornness

"Fine" Arnav bit out. "I promise"

Arnav's eyes were focussed on the floor as he sat next to Khushi at the airport, waiting for the announcement for their departure. He started turning his head to quickly glance at her, making sure she was by his side, but stopped, his breath hitching, as he looked back at the ground, his palms turning sweaty, and the unexplainable emotion gripped his insides. Arnav Singh Raizada realised that he was actually nervous.
He was nervous to spend an entire two weeks alone with a woman whom he hated, but found himself physically attracted to, a woman whom he had vowed himself not to get close to, but had promised his Nani that he would take care of her.
As he looked at her from the corner of his eye and saw her head moving to the music playing on her tape recorder, Arnav scoffed and turned away, his mouth dipping into a frown.
He had looked at her tape recorder in disdain when she had held in her hand to take it to the airport, and had smirked when Mami had poked fun at it. But the smirk had immediately vanished when Khushi had turned down the offer of Anjali's iPod, saying that she preferred to listen to music from her recorder, which had all her favourite'what was the name? Arnav thought, as he thought back to her favourite actor's name, his eyes widened as he remembered, Salman Khan. He thought, as his lips pulled down into a frown.
He rubbed his hands together, wanting to do something, apart from thinking about her, or look at her, but soon he found himself looking at her from the corner of his eye once again, and he frowned as he saw her hand move to the beats, her shoulders moving in rhythm, and his eyes widened in astonishment as he realised that she was dancing on her seat.
He flushed in embarrassment and looked away, the embarrassment soon turning into anger at her middle-class behaviour and he turned to her, the glare quickly making her stop, her eyes widening as she mutely stared t him, her lips open as they had halted on one word from the song when he had turned to glare at her, and Arnav's eyes quickly dropped down to the pink-stained lips, his own parting briefly, as he swallowed hard, and looked back at her as she waited for him to tell her off.
"Stop. Dancing" He hissed, and turned back to face the seats in front, ignoring her.
He noticed the kids in front of him were giggling, and he turned to the side to see Khushi impersonating him, to make the kids laugh. She quickly stopped and her eyes widened, her lips parting as she shot him an apologetic look.
Arnav's mouth thinned, his eyes hardened as he leaned in, grabbing her arm in a tight grip, causing a flash of discomfort to pass her features, making him smirk in satisfaction at getting a response, "Do not piss me off further Khushi, do you understand? It's bad enough I have to spend two weeks with you. Try not to remind me of your presence time and time again, and try to make this trip a bit more bearable" He hissed at her, his eyes narrowing, as emotions fluttered past her eyes and face, her cheeks flushing in frustration, before her lips thinned and she looked away.

He, however, was not satisfied, and so his grip tightened on her arm, causing her to hiss out in pain, "What? Do you have a problem with what I said?"
Arnav waited for her to crack, waited for her to snap, and when her eyes flashed up to his in anger he geared himself for a fight, wanting to lash out at her, wanting to get his frustrations out, wanting to fight, so he could have an excuse to hate her more than he did. But she kept quiet, and plastered on a smile
"Of course not" She whispered back, and Arnav's grip immediately slackened on her arm, and she retreated back in her chair, her earphones plugging into her ears, as she bent her head low, her hair curtaining her face, as she pressed the play button, blocking Arnav out.

He stared at her for a few moments, unsure of what to do, and then settled back in his chair, slightly disorientated at the lack of a fight. He looked back at the kids, and saw that they were glaring and pointing at him, while they whispered amongst themselves.

He rolled his eyes and looked the other way, his arms crossing at his chest, knowing that this trip was going to be hell. 

Translation:
Hamesha aise hi haste rehna bitiya! = Always keep smiling like this, Khushi.

Let me know what you thought! :)

OH!! Just to clarify, the flashback is from Part 18 I think? When Arnav catches Khushi coming out of Nani's room, stares at her, then tells her that she is coming to AR. When she doesn't respond, he gets agitated, and then is about to shout at her, when Nani calls Arnav inside.

To clarify something else in case you found yourself at a loss after the two updates:

a) Arnav is attracted to Khushi. In my previous parts,  I had explained that he is a character who likes having things in control. He likes conrtolling every aspect of his life, and hence this marriage was one that he did not have much control over, and his attraction to Khushi is another that he cannot seem to control. And that makes him angry. So he lashes out. 
I also explained from Khushi's POV, that she is confused as to why he keeps flipping between being concerned, to indifferent to lashing out at her. This is how Arnav is dealing with the attraction. 

b) He doesn't love Khushi. No. Love, according to me is a deep emotion, something that comes by slowly. Hence my characters are not gonna be falling head-over-heels in love with each other after one glance at one another. Hence the quote. The quote emphasises that while a glance is used a lot in all the romance novels - every love story starts with that one glance. 
And this is the starting. 

If you still have questions, let me know, and I'll hope to answer them to the best of my ability :)

Edited by Krani - 11 years ago
res

and I'll do the PMs

EDIT**

This update has me confused, to be very very honest. One second, Arnav is staring at her... and the next second, he grabs her by the arm harshly. One second, Shyam makes me feel uneasy, and the next second he makes me feel comfortable around him.

I am seeing this COMPLETELY from Khushi's POV. And what deal is Arnav going on about. Please DO NOT tell me that this thing was actually a child bride thing. Was it? I am thinking NO, but knowing you, you might pull that one on me.

I can see that this particular trip to Australia is going to be ONE hell of a journey.

What was so adorable was the scene in the family, and her ignorance of the fact that it would be summers in Australia now. Wait, I remember NK being mentioned in this story! OOHHH FIREWORKS<3

This is SUCH A GREAT STORY!!! I am LITERALLY jumping up and down!

-V
Edited by V323 - 11 years ago
I wont let anybody alse be on the first page. :P
Yes HATE me! I like hate.
SPAMMING ALL THE WAY<3
I LOVE MYSELF <3

Narcissist AHOY! <3

PS- Yep i had nimbu paani
EDIT!!!
Chapter 18:
You made me want to read P & P all over again!!!Darcy's dissapproval of her and her manners and yet how he grudgingly also admits that she is beautiful is so similar to Arnav's feelings right now!!😲
And i absolutely loved how she explained to Khushi that Arnav is not that ummm...bad(and i don't agree...regardless of the fact that i literally drool over him😆). Hmm..her past...i am waiting for the day when she will tell Arnav about her past to make him realize that everyone has a bad past which they want to forget but that does not mean that they change themselves so much!!call me a sadist but i loved when she prayed for him to fall off the stairs...sometimes i do wish he did fall off...😆
So the brief para where you described how he looked at her...every minute detail of his widening eyes, him swallowing...li just loved it!!it was so well written!!!and my heart did a happy dance when she didn't bother answering him!!i was so happy!!
So Lavanya is really sweet!!i love how she imitated ASR!!would love to watch that!! And then Arnav looking down at them...it gave me goosebumps!! 😲

Even though he is showing a few subtle changes...i don't feel like he is actually changing...it still gives me the feeling that it is an obligation for him..like he just doesn't want her fainting again...but im happy for one thing...at least he bothered to ask her!!

And why...why does Shyam have to be there in the story...each and every word of his makes my mood even more foul!!! And my my...I pity Khushi because she still  thinks he is a nice and sweet friend...can't really blame her...if ASR can get deceived then i can totally understand Khushi getting deceived...but i still haven't understood, what is his game plan here...she is married already so he can't be thinking of getting her...i can only think of one thing right now...money..but i think it is something more than that!! 
Edited by DM1810 - 11 years ago