**** IF- IDOL Show****(Online singing competition) - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
WOW... Thnx to Nikki for letting me know ..
I'll take part .. are there any specifications??
I kind of agree with one poster because if members are well known then others who are newer posters may not get as many votes...can we find a way to resolve this? I am not a new poster but because I don't always post often I can  never make friends and so I think that may affect some people and make them less likely to participate (I am not a part of the contest btw.)  Edited by CanadianAddict - 11 years ago
just a bit of a suggestion: i think that if we do have audience voting, we should also have a panel of judges.

the winner can be based on
1) 25% IF member votes (not including judges)
2) 25% judges votes
3) 25% number of "likes" (each participant posts their own video to determine the # of "likes")
4) 25% song choice (difficulty level, male/female song, etc)
^ what i mean by male/female is that whether the song is a completely male song, but a female sings it or vise versa. Or if a female sings both male/female parts or if a male sings both male/female parts.

Also for the panel of judges I think it is important to have someone judging who has knowledge o music. Because its not fair otherwise. Judges should be unbiased and willing to listen to each and every entry very carefully. The judges will also be determining the 25% song choice. And in doing so they must be totally unbiased.

As for the IF members votes, each member who votes will have to rate every contestant on a scale of 1-10 giving reasons as to why they rated the contestant what they did. THey have to give a thorough explanation. Then at the end they will choice the contestant they think has done the best job. That will only be 25% of the votes though.

EX: 7/10 because the sur was off in this place. (etc etc)

Any other ideas?
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

just a bit of a suggestion: i think that if we do have audience voting, we should also have a panel of judges.

the winner can be based on
1) 25% IF member votes (not including judges)
2) 25% judges votes
3) 25% number of "likes" (each participant posts their own video to determine the # of "likes")
4) 25% song choice (difficulty level, male/female song, etc)
^ what i mean by male/female is that whether the song is a completely male song, but a female sings it or vise versa. Or if a female sings both male/female parts or if a male sings both male/female parts.

Also for the panel of judges I think it is important to have someone judging who has knowledge o music. Because its not fair otherwise. Judges should be unbiased and willing to listen to each and every entry very carefully. The judges will also be determining the 25% song choice. And in doing so they must be totally unbiased.

As for the IF members votes, each member who votes will have to rate every contestant on a scale of 1-10 giving reasons as to why they rated the contestant what they did. THey have to give a thorough explanation. Then at the end they will choice the contestant they think has done the best job. That will only be 25% of the votes though.

EX: 7/10 because the sur was off in this place. (etc etc)

Any other ideas?

I feel eliminating and judging it on 2-3 things is better as judging it on 4 things makes it harder to calculate and more work for those calculating. 
ok well in that case it can be

1) 25% IF member votes

2) 50% Judges votes

3) 25% number of "likes"

whatever i explained in the previous post for the above 3 still stands. i'm just taking out 4).
Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 11 years ago

1) 25% IF member votes

2) 50% Judges votes

3) 25% number of "likes"

whatever i explained in the previous post for the above 3 still stands. i'm just taking out 4).

Cutie, Some great suggestions but I think you are making it harder than it needs to be. First of all, judging more than 3-4 or even 5 singers using voting is very difficult for larger people. WIth it we can certainly get the best singer selected. But for 2nd and 3rd its unfair representation of how good they have sung. 

Like a voting pattern for the top 3 singers might look like this.

70% 1
18% 2
12% 3

while 2 & 3 have sung almost as good but 1 was the best. So people will tend to vote for the best when deciding who they thought was best. It doesn't give an option of how good 1 was from 2 and 3 from the above voting pattern and same between 2 & 3. Like in this scenario

44% 1
43% 2
13% 3

Its very unfair representation of how good #3 has sung because he is clear 3rd but by what margin is hard to judge because people though 1 or 2 sang better than 3. As against, judges voting could appear like,

8+9+9 votes for #1
8+8+9 votes for #2
8+8+8 votes for #3

shows it clearly that #3 was just 1 notch bellow 2 and just 2 notches below 1.

While this pattern

9+9+8 for #1
8+7+7 for #2
6+6+6 for #3

clearly shows how better # 1 was than #3. Anyways, we can keep it simple for this time around and enjoy more. So whatever is consensus, we will go by that.  
Edited by ksl0077 - 11 years ago
Originally posted by shaktheback

I can voice record and send... Can't show my face..😆
Aisa hai ji shaktheback ji, they have 25% marks for your appearace & body language.😆 If you don't show your face how do we know who you are?😊 

Just kidding my friend, nobody have to show their face. You can post Kajol's picture instead.  

1) 25% IF member votes

2) 50% Judges votes

3) 25% number of "likes"

Hey guys please keep it simple. 😆

And yes you are participating CPR. I will vote for you.😊

Originally posted by ksl0077

That is nice, PKLele. We would love to hear your voice as well. All the best.

I'm impressed with your knowledge of Indian classical raags. Hum t'o bhaiya ji apko bhi sunna chahegee. Hope you will send your video as well. ðŸ˜Š