Devon ke Dev Mahadev

Mahadev's Mad Messenger-Shaadi Special!!

-Srushti- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

(Team banner :Srushti)

So,

Here we are!!
Leke Kailash ke Samachar!!!!

AA gaye Sab???

Kidhar thheyπŸ˜†

I know all of you were busy dancing in the wedding and crying in the bidaai and then sneaking up the hubby wifey in Daruka Van😳...
But it is now time to leave them some privacy na??πŸ˜†

So let us relive the few moments of that Wedding of the Universe!!!
In this...

Banner credit : Shruti.nil😳

So we begin the journey of manifestations!!!

Shiv Parvati Vivah

The Mating of the Soulmates, the joining of the Fates destined and the ancientest and the original lovestory of all...
What to say and what a beautiful journey it has been...

It must have been difficult for the CVs to live up to all the expectations that had built up during all these centuries in between, and more difficult to actually visualize the Marriage which was a precedent to all the processions over the years...but still hats off to them...

They presented it with their own flair of visual delight...

And taking us to that journey...
Izzz

Bhakti

With
The Story of the Shaadi
with the
Twist from CVs

I guess maybe we should start with shaadi itself - really beautiful hai na - and the music backgrounds were so varied and heartlifting.  I really hope someday the music team for DKDM wins award for their efforts as they have brought so much joy.  The rituals themselves were beautifully written with the dialogues of vows.  But I did wonder at the point where Shivji ties mangalsutra and puts sindoor in Parvati's maang.  Is this not more modern (not to mention Northern) traditions in wedding?  I thought it was a strange thing to show in their shaadi - it was as if the CV's were starting in mythology and then jumping over to typical saas-bahu serial wedding and then jumping back. 

After rituals they had Shivji recite lovely classical love poem for Parvati and it was really a nice touch in the track.  But from that point onward things really began to get...well...creative!  Insofar as the telly track began to twist and turn in ways that the purans did never imagine!

We can look at just a few high lights for example.  First, there is a moment where Shivji sees Parvati's distress at her impending bidaii and decides that perhaps, for her happiness, he should let her remain at he parental home and he would be ghar-jamata. I remember sitting right up in seat to say "Kyaaa?"  How very odd - the lord of the universe living in a house in the Himalayas as ghar-jamata?  Uff.

Luckiy, Parvati intervenes and helps him to understand that he must return to Kailash, but along their journey they stop and she does pooja of Shakti Peeth.πŸ˜• Again, kyaaa? And meet Prasuti and Daksh.πŸ˜•πŸ˜•  And takes blessing from them as if to achieve final closure for life of Sati, who had firstly been, in a sense, herself (pooja to one's self??πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•) and who secondly does not pop up in the puranic story of Shiv and Parvati except insofar as Parvati wishes most to avoid the mistakes which occurred with Sati and Shivji's marriage. Certainly she does not pop up in the form of Shakti Peeth to receive a missing earring (πŸ˜•πŸ˜•...!) In a discussion of this weird scene in the forum, someone also rightly pointed out that Daksh should be taking blessing from her and not other way around, as she is Adi Shakti and also not his daughter in this yug.

But while the cv's were in this creative josh, they also decided to use their usual masala grinder to mix up a few more characters, this time our asur friends.  We had the screen return of our delightful Taki, but the addition of Shumbh and Nishumbh - this was confusing!  While they were tossing in many asurs to the mix, why did not Chandmund and Raktibeej make this casting call?  And who would be causing vadh of whom?  In purans, it is Kartikeya who is able to kill Tarkasur while it is Durgama who brings death to Shumbh and Nishumbh.  Will all these stories be wrapped up in one?  How is this even possible?  And let us not even bring into this hulchul the fact that the asurs are talking about lustful desire for Adi Shakti!πŸ˜•πŸ˜•ChiiiπŸ˜•πŸ€’.What can I say yaaron?? Not. In. The. Purans.  

So this week all I can say is that the cv's must have lost their copies of scripture and decided to get very creative indeed.  When I look back on it all I could think was that it was "confuse Bhakti week" on DKDM.  If any of you felt the same, I will remove my name and call it "Confuse the viewers week!"πŸ˜† Just let me know!

Now I cannot even imagine where the storyline is going to go it has become so different from the puran.  I do hope they give Shivji and Parvati at least one epi to settle into Kailash before fourteen other asurs from three or four other yugs pop up to terrorise Indradev and the three loks. Parvati will have to take all her forms within the first week of her marriage else!

But ofcourse I forgot that We need to include the Procession to the marriage as well...That story is also important na...

had you not loved that week of celebration and excitement?  Also, we have gained some beautiful knowledge on last epi - the discussion was very complex and gave much thought, isn't it?

This week I am little bit sad that my job only is to see where our story is matching or differing from the scripture - because there are so many other delightful things to talk about!  But I will leave that to my more skilled sisters and brothers here at NL!  So here we go...it's Puran vs. Tellyland!  Let's see a clean matchπŸ˜†

This past week all in Himavant's palace have been abuzz with the preparations for shaadi.  We have seen Shivji in his magnificent bhasm coming to the door.  I loved the scenes where the bg music chanted "bam bam bhole" and Shivji himself too was throwing the bhasm into the air while the gans were dancing wildly.  No baraat has ever looked quite like this!

In the Shiv Puran, A similar scene plays out as Shivji approaches the palace with his baraat.  There it is described so detailedly - and the description of the lakh lakh gans and preyats and all manner of bhoot and pisach not to mention the devtas and Vishnuji, Brahmaji, Laxmiji, Saraswatiji - everyone is in this procession.  Loud noise and trumpet and dhamru and dhole are blasting away - the gans are shouting and singing - it is really a long and beautiful scene to read.  I thought the telly version captured it so well - even they could of course not put in millions of Shivgans (cgi machine would just be blowing up and then what would we do for Taki's cartoonnetworkwalle creatures?πŸ˜›) But they did capture the feeling of that wild and joyous baraat filled with bhasm-covered gans dancing with happiness that their prabhu is finally approaching mandap time!

I loved the scene wherein Mena faints on the spot and all the ladies run screaming from the poor nag that Shivji has so lovingly offered,  This was so cute scene - and it did parallel in sentiment a scene from the purans wherein Mena, seeing this mad baraat approaching the palace, shrieks in dismay and horror and then swoons down on the spot.  When she awakens she becomes adamant that her beautiful daughter shall never marry such a horrid creature as this wild, naked Shivji whose companions are dirty and crass. This in turn cues Vishnuji to suggest very nicely to Shivji that perhaps it would be in the best interest of all (including all creation, which is depending now on this milan) for Shivji to appear in a more enchanting form - thus to calm Mena's frantic mind.

This is where the scriptures and the telly version again come together - as Vishnuji transforms wild Shivji into the golden shining Chandrashekhar.  So soul enchanting is he that the minute Mena sees him in this form she is struck with amazement that she did not love him immediately before.  She is overjoyed with this radiant jamata and happily gives her agreement to the marriage once again.

From this point there is happiness on all sides so that the rituals can proceed without any obstacle in the path.  One place the telly version did elaborate was the lovely scene wherein Shivji approached Parvati in the bhojan room which is divided by the silken veil. This scene wherin he requests her so longingly to look at him in his beautiful form is not in the scriptures, but how it tugs at the heartstrings of the viewer!  I thought the cv's did a nice thing for all of us for putting this in, hai na?  It showed the almost "human" side of their love for each other, if I might be permitted to say such an impossible thing.  It is not to offend - just to say it was a lovely romantic idea on the part of cv's.

It is clear in the scriptures that there is a kind of unceasing longing in the hearts of Shivji and Parvati the one for the other, all through all the days of preparation and ritual. being so close to one another they are acutely aware of each other's presence and feel their sense of ardhangani - their two selves pulling inexorable closer and closer.  I thought the cv's have handled this well by showing how they understand each other - speak to each other through their minds without uttering anything aloud.  Each understands the other's mind even when those around them do not discern the deeper meanings of what is happening.  It is a nice way of showing what the scriptures have more time to write out - the process of the re-knitting together of the universal power which is present in this utterly divine jodi.

We were also given the privilege this week to hear the shastrath in Himavan's hall. How arrogant is this Indradev hai na?  Kher - the gans were too funny, particularly with the answers about the sparrow birds!  Many posters on IF did notice that this shastrath conversation has happened elsewhere in other stories, with the same intellectual debates and even jokes taking place, but not sourcing from the story of Shivji and Parvati.  For this reason, although it does not take place in the purans in this form, I think you could still say the cv's are paying attention to our remembered cultural heritage, both in written or perhaps bhi in oral form.

As the discussion goes on there is the wonderful section wherein Nandi and the learned rishi lock horns (no pun intended!πŸ˜†) over the right answer to a mysterious series of gestures.  The rishi reveals the thought behind his gestures, Nandi reveals the thought behind his - and the two versions differ uterly! Shivji has to explain to the rishi that one must realize that it is a trap to feel one has all the knowledge. Nandi beautifully describes that reality is changeable to the fickle eyes and mind - it is all Shivji's leela.  Shivji goes on to promise he will embellish the current knowledge of the veds with adding upanishads and such.  All express the appreciation for this great knowledge to come and it is suggsted to arrange for pooja.

The purans do not contain this exact scene, but the essence of it is present throughout.  The Shiv Puran is in a way an exploration of all these themes as well as being the story of Shivji's various relationships.  There are great long tracts of it wherein Shivji delivers wonderful pieces of philosophy, sometimes in debate with Parvati, sometimes in conversation with Vishnuji or others.  I hope many of you felt as I did that the writers did a wonderful thing to include such a thought-provoking scene which competely captures the feeling of what it is to read the scriptures and consider all this knowledge from many angles, all the while knowing there are powers so deep you will never gain understanding of them even in many lifetimes.

Now with all this knowledge being introduced to us, our spirits will be full even as the gans and Shivji are so full of bhojan!  (Thank goodness the gans behaved themselves!)  Now we can all sit on the edge of our seats for this magnificent moment of shaadi!  It would be a privilege to have the invitation to witness this vivaah - even we are doing it from our seats in front of the telly!  Enjoy everyone!  It's time for happiness...😊

Have a great week everyone!

Edited by -Srushti- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Srushti- thumbnail

We had a Stupdendous Shaadi and a mindblowing Baarat!!

Mahadev sitting on Nandi in his original form with the Sheshnaag as his umbrella was a Stupendous bit of Photography and the Background music was awesome...

Credit to the uploader

So here we are reliving the few moments of that stupendous journey!!!

Please welcome

*Drum rolls*

Foram

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

with the

Scene that made the Vivah of the World

Mata anusuya does aarti of mahadev before the baarat leaves and put kaajal in his eyes😳

haaye mahadev ke kajarare naino ne to hum sab ko ghayal hi kar dia☺️

and then Mahadev leaves for Himvans palace on his nandii and shesh naag appearing from behind
aisa pratit ho raha tha jaise swayam mahadev dharti par aa gaye ho

and bhagwan vishnu,mata lakshmi,brahmadev, mata saraswati, all devtas, sapt rishis, rishis, ganas,asurs manusya participating in their beloved mahadevs baarat and chanting har har mahadev and singing "shivji bihaane chale palkhi sajaike, bhabuti lagaike"πŸ₯³ with the whole sky covered with ashes and gulaal

the whole journey was so mesmerising that every one would have felt to participate in that baarat
feel blessed to witness that moment on screen

It is time to Lose your breaths people As I come to take it awayπŸ˜›πŸ€£

SRUSHTI

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

with the

SCENE THAT TOOK YOUR BREATH AWAY

The marriage was Breathtaking...Right from the moment the baaraat proceeded...to the Maina going unconcious...the Chandrashekhar Roop to Maina Declaring that she wants her jamai in his original form...The whole procession had been formidable...

Even the marriage ceremony...the chants, the mantras, the visuals..awesome!!

The second scene of the wedding was when they touched each other's hearts and then owned the other's heart...although they had the others' heart captive since the time eternity!! Such a beautiful concept!!

But the scene that took my breath away was the one when Vishnuji gave the  earthen grains to be sacrificed in the Yagna to Parvati and Shivji supporting her hands from the behind...It looked like an embrace and still both looked so cute, with the ethereal music and chants in the background and the whole world, the demons and the deities, living and the dead, witnessing this scene...the sacrificing of the grains by annapurna herself, supported by the God of time and death!!! but it still felt like they were together suspended in time for eternity!

-Srushti- thumbnail

Comic Reliefs in the Shaadi!

The Shaadi of a Vairagi having his followers in the form of Bhoots and prets living in the hot as hell Smashan and a Princess who had been raised in the riches and grandeur of the cool himalayas...
Comic Relief in the Shaadi of the Century toh banta hai na...

So here comes

Foram

The Scene that gave us Comic Relief in the Shaadi!

That scene when parvatis sakhis welcomes mahadev at himvans palace and ask for his most beloved thing in shagun.
and Mahadev offers them his snake aur sab darr jaate hai aur Mainavati behosh ho jaati haiπŸ˜†

Ofcourse how can the Shubha Vivah of the Century be over without our PRIYA ASURAS...

Amd so we welcome...the
Asura Lover of the Forum, and our Star Guest Writer for this special Edition!!!!!!!!

Vrish

Asura Entertainment in Shivji's life

Vritra

Normally famous as the enemy of Indra and perhaps the only demon killed using the Vajra, Vritra was one of the few asuras who spanned both the Sati and Parvati eras.  He was particularly active before Tarakasura asserted himself as the supreme asura ruler.  Once Indra was ousted, Vritra was one of the key henchmen in implementing Taraka's dictat on earth - sometimes forcing sages to worship Taraka, sometimes banning it outright - depending on his master's mood.

One thing that ensured Vritra's longevity was the endearing Rishi Dadhichi: until such time that that sage gave up his life and a weapon could be made of his skeletal remains, Vritra could not be slain.  Since rishi Dadhichi became so popular that his demise could result in the TRPs of this serial potentially tanking, it was decided to extend his life.  That extension worked wonders for Vritra, who's really lasted long, and has a good chance of continuing into future yugas.

Chakri

Close aide of Tarakasura, who usually advises him and puts together plans, and is sometimes involved in the execution of both those plans, and their targets - usually the evil Devas.

Shumbha

Ruler of the underworld (no, not that underworld).  Along w/ his brother Nishumbha, he is an invincible warrior - cutting their heads off is no way to kill them.  His introduction was probably done to enable Goddess Durga and Kali to appear in the serial during the actual Durga Puja/Navratri celebrations.

This week, he became a new ally of Tarakasura, as they plot on how to destroy the devas in Rishi Dadhichi's ashram.  Since Taraka can't go there due to the commitment of his Guru Shukracharya to Mahadev, this job just got handed over to Shumba's team.

Nishumbha

Brother of Shumbha, and his top aide

Dhumralochana

A major asura who could cause serious damage just by looking at his targets.  He was the first one to be sent against the devas, but got defeated by Dadhichi

Raktabheej

A major asura who had a boon that if a drop of his blood touched the ground, several more demons would be created.  Following Dhumralochan's defeat, he was sent against the devas, and his blood creations together w/ him heavily outnumbered the devas.  Dadhichi had all the devas retreat and created a firewall (no, not that firewall), and thought they were safe.  But Raktabheej had the last laugh as he threw a drop of his blood behind the firewall, which touched the ground, creating another horde of asuras, and Dadhichi & the devas fled tail between legs to Narayan, who assured them that the solution lay with Parvati.

Lekha

A new Yakshi who Shumbha promised Taraka will create a wedge between Shiva & Parvati

Vidyunmali

Son of Tarakasura.  After a major invasion of Himavan's kingdom and an attempt to kill Parvati, he and his 2 brothers were close to getting killed by Mahadev, but got bailed out @ the last minute by Shukracharya.  Following this experience, they decided to become saints and abandoned their father.  Chances are that they'd be settled in the cities of Tripura (no, not Agartala)

Tarakasura

Asuro ka asura - Tarakasura!  The head honcho of the asuras, and disciple of Shukracharya.  Before Shiva's marriage, he had a boon that only Shiva's son could kill him, and as a result, he has a major issue with Mahaedv and matrimony.  He made several attempts to kill both Sati and Parvati - all of them foiled.  But after the burning of Kama-dev, taking advantage of Rati's curse on Indra, he invaded Swargalok when Indra sent a messenger taunting him, and conquered it.  Before Parvati's marriage, he tried to use the opportunity to destroy the Devas, but Nandi saved them.

Following the alliance of Shiva & Parvati, Taraka too decided to get new alliances for himself, and decided to take advantage of the impending Durga Puja and Navratri celebrations to form an alliance with Shumbha and his underworld hordes.

Coming up in the next few weeks...  to what extent will Tarakasura succeed in foiling the vidhans that the great Vidhi has in store for him?

-Srushti- thumbnail

Story Time

Once upon a time there was a Vivaah
Now it is time for our Grandmas😲...ERrr I mean Story tellers to tell us Stories😳

Remember this??

So why is Shivji is looking so cute with Bhasma all over?😳

Let us know it from

our own VB

Minaxi

The Bhasma

Bhasma or vibhooti is the sacred ash from the dhuni or fire of a yogi or avadhoota, or from the sacrificial fire or yajna, where special wood, ghee, herbs, grains and other auspicious and purifying items are offered in worship along with mantras. It is believed that bhasma destroys sins (paap), and that it links us with the divine. It is called 'bhasma' because it has the power to consume all evils. Any matter, broken up through the process of fire is reduced to its 'bhasmic' form, which is infinitely more refined and pure than the original matter, devoid as it is of all impurities niranjan.

The Sanskrit word bhasma literally means 'disintegration'. Bha implies bhartsanam (to destroy), while sma implies smaranam (to remember). Bhasma is thus a reminder to us of the ephemeral nature of life. Also, if we wish to unite with God (or the 'supreme self') and remember him constantly, our ego or 'little self' has first to be disintegrated or burnt to ashes. Bhasma is a symbol of this process. It is also called raksha because it protects one from all fears. When applied to the forehead before sleep, it is said to keep away spirits or ghosts, whether external or those which manifest from the depths of the mind in the form of nightmares.

Bhasma symbolises the burning of our false identification with the mortal body, and freedom from the limitations of the painfully illusive cycle of birth and death. It also reminds us of the perishable quality of the body, which will one day be reduced to mere ashes. The realised soul is said to rise from the ashes (of the individual self) as the mythical phoenix. To reach the goal we have to be burned with the fire of love, so that nothing remains but ashes, and from the ashes will resurrect the new being. Only then can there be real creation!

The power of Bhasma

Bhasma is also called 'vibhooti', because it gives spiritual power. The Sanskrit word, vibhooti means 'glory', as it gives glory to one who applies it, protection (raksha) from ill health and negative forces, and attracts the higher forces of nature. Another meaning of vibhooti is 'healing power', and it is widely used as a medicinal treatment in both Ayurveda . Gold, silver, copper, pearls, mica and other precious stones and metals have curative properties which can quite safely and most effectively be taken into the body after being reduced to ash using great heat.

Pataa chaalaa??πŸ˜›

Aur sunna hai na?

Toh Please welcome again

Minaxi

Story of

Maha Kaali

Maa Kali is one of the many forms of Shakti or energy, known to reflect the immense power of women.
Maa kali is perceived as the most aggressive goddess to be found in Hindu religion. The name Kali comes from the Sanskrit word "Kaal" which means time. Goddess Kali has been named so, to represent that time is the strongest force on earth and nothing escapes time.

Kali has never been linked with Yama, who is the Deva of Death. Therefore, although Maa Kali looks violent and aggressive she is nowhere connected with death. Kali maa is considered to be a reflection of a mother protecting her children from evil.

Both Maa Kali and Lord Shiva are known to reside on cremation grounds. Thus the Hindu devotees go to the cremation grounds to be able to meditate and understand the ways to get over their ego.

The cremation grounds are a reminder to the devotees that body is temporary and returns back to nature on completion of life. Kali and Shiva live in the cremation grounds because they have no attachment to the human body they are born in. They believe that when one wins over his or her attachments for materialistic forms they can win over their ego. 

Kali and Shiva preach that one can lead a perfect life by letting go of the false impression of ego. The body finally disappears after death leaving behind the soul and hence one should work towards soul purification and not worshiping oneself.

Maa Kali is considered to be the kindest and most sympathetic amongst all the forms of goddesses. Maa Kali is the one who can help her children achieve salvation or liberation. Kali and Shiva both are said to be the destroyers of negativity. They bring to destruction all forms of evil, phony and unreal. Its said that ego or self-image is scared to face Maa kali.

The idol of Devi Kali has four arms and hands that show her overpowering strength. Two of her hands have a sword and a fresh severed head. This represents the great battle Goddess Kali had with a fierce demon and showcases her victory over evil.

The other two hands of Maa Kali are used to bless her true devotees. This means that those who worship her truly will be saved as she will guide them on this earth and there after too. She wears a garland made of skulls and a skirt made of cut off arms. This again signifies her overpowering victory over evil forces and ego.

Maa Kali is said to be unaffected by life or death, good or evil, light or dark as she is said to be the most powerful energy on this earth.

Now please welcome our next Star Guest Writer for the Shaadi special Edition with the Skanda Story!

Varaali

KUMARA SAMBHAVAM

It was the hour before the Gods awoke. It was that hour of night which is the darkest, the hour when the powers of evil  are at their strongest.

Brahma, the creator stirred in his meditative reverie.  In some distant world, someone was repeatedly chanting his name- he had been doing so for the past thousand years. Brahma sighed- an asura, no doubt, practicing severe austerities. Brahma looked around, the Devas had slipped into a life of easy contentment. The call of the asura became louder, Brahma could not put him off longer. As he prepared to descend into the nether worlds, Brahma knew exactly what was going to happen. The wheels of karma and destiny were already in motion.

It had not been easy- standing on one leg, subjecting his body to intense heat and cold, with not even as much as a thought about food or water, but Tarakasur persisted. It would only be a matter of time before Brahma appeared in front of him.

"Open your eyes, son"

Tarakasur smiled. He had not been wrong. Lord Brahma was indeed standing in front of him.  Tarakasur made a perfunctory bow, and waited confidently for Brahmaji's next words.

"You are worthy of a boon, Tarakasur. What is it that you seek?" asked Brahma, fully aware what Tarakasur's answer would be.

"Invincibility and immortality" replied the asura, confidently

"The first one, I grant you, but not your second demand. Mortals cannot be immortal, Tarakasur. Whoever is born must eventually'." Brahma 's  voice trailed off.  He realized the futility of trying to explain the subtle intricacies of life and death to an asura- that too one who had been fasting for thousand years.

But  Tarakasur was quick to latch on. "In that case, Oh Lord, let me be killed by the son born to Shiva and his wife" he said.

"Tathastu" replied Brahma.

On his way back, Brahma admitted to himself that Tarakasur had indeed chosen well. Ever since Sati had left him, Shiva had assumed the form of Dakshinamoorthy- facing the direction South, the abode of Yama, where his beloved Sati had gone. Renouncing everything  that represents the sansarik world, Shiva had lost himself in yogic meditation. He had become a complete mauni  - the embodiment of silence. His abode was the icy, inhospitable Kailash, now even more desolate, since the disappearance of Shiva's Shakti .

There was as much chance of Shiva marrying and begetting a son , thought Brahma wryly, as there was of Tarakasur doing good in the world.

Not unsurprisingly, Tarakasur, after trouncing the kings of  bhu- lok and the patal lok, soon reached the gates of Swarga leading a huge army. The devas, immersed in the intoxicating effects of Varuni and the apsaras, were caught unawares and preferred to flee rather than face the asuric onslaught. A vacant throne awaited Tarakasur at Indra's durbar which he occupied promptly, declaring himself the ruler of three worlds. All of swarga's delights ' the wine, the music and the dancers were now at his service, which after years of abstinence, Tarakasur found irresistible. 

Meanwhile, unceremoniously shunted out of their homes, and finding themselves at the receiving end of the asuras' harassment, the devas, led by Indra approached Brahma with their woes.

"None of us can stand up to him, Oh Lord. If his atrocities continue, the three worlds will perish. Who is going to be the one to vanquish Tarakasur, Brahma Dev? asked Indra. 

"The son of Shiva and his wife" replied Brahma, somberly.

"The son of who and who ?" sputtered Indra.

"Shiva and his wife" repeated Brahma.

"But how is it going to be possible ' Sati'is no ..." interjected Varuna

"Sati has been reborn as Himavan and Mena Devi's daughter" replied Brahma."  If all goes well she will succeed in winning Shiva's affections and he will accept her as his consort.

"And till then?"  questioned Indra.

"Engage yourself in prayer, penance and tapasya. Every sincere prayer is heard, every sincere call answered." 

Indra and his companions began doing as instructed. Meanwhile Prakriti's bounty  was overflowing at Himavan's palace where the Adi Shakti incarnate, Parvati was growing up. In course of time Devarishi Narada visited Himavan's palace and like any concerned mother, Mena Devi sked him about her daughter's marriage and future husband. Narada, studied the lines on Parvati's palm and hinted that Parvati's future was linked with Kailashapati Shiva. As he was leaving the palace, Parvati cornered him and requested him to initiate her in the sacred panchakshari mantra. Narada whispered the mystic five syllabled mantra "Om namah Sivaya" into Parvati's right ear as if giving her deeksha. Every fibre in her body tingled with joy as she repeated the sacred chant.

to be continued.

-Srushti- thumbnail

Prabhu!! How can you forget me in your wedding!!

And why are you people pulling out your earplugs😑
I will give you shrap if you dont put them back RIGHT this minuteπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

Toh tune in Kijiye!!

Radio NARAD

Song Dedications of the Week

by

Me
aka
Srushti

*Narayan Narayan*

Toh Prabhu ki Shaadi mein acche gaane hi demand karna...Samjhe😑

First Song Dedication

Mahadev to Krishna

Tu Karein toh Leela
Mein karu toh Character Dheela!!!πŸ˜•

Second Song Dedication

.Parvati to JayaVijaya

(When the bring in the news that Mahadev in not in his roomπŸ˜›)
Dushman na Kareee

Dushman na Kare dost ne woh Kaam kiya hai,
Dimaag ko bech ke Mahadev ki absence ko announce kiya hai😑😑
😑

Third Song Dedication

Shivji to Parvati

!!Sadiyon se pehle, mujhe tumse pyaar tha, mujhe tumse pyaar tha,
Aaj bhi hai, aur kal bhi rahegaπŸ˜›'

Fourth Song Dedication

Shivji to Jaya Vijaya
(when they asked for his most precious thingπŸ˜›)

Tohfa
Tohfa
Tohfa
Laya laaya laaya
Saanp ka tohfa mera
Laaya hoon for my Saath phera
Isko lena hai toh lele haath mein,
Warna tu behosh ho ja Maina ke saat meinπŸ˜›

Fifth Song Dedication

Parvati to Shivji
 Mood mood ke na dekh mood mood ke
 Mood mood ke na dekh mood mood ke
Zindagani ke safar mein tu akela hi nahi hai
Hum bhi tere HUMSAFAR hai!

Sixth Song Dedication

Nandi to all the Pandits in the competition

!Isharo ko agar samjho,
Humein competition jeet jaane do!
Agar jeetney nahi dogey tohhh!!!
Phir mere horns se tum, apne aapaapko udd jaane do!!

-Srushti- thumbnail

So this was the shaadi special, although with the grandeur of the wedding, we could hardly match up,...but special thanks to Vrish and Varaali, our STAR  guest writers for putting in their brilliant write ups...for the edition...

See you next week, CIAO!!!

Aarti998 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Believe me, my knowledge has really increased with your discussions and infos πŸ‘. I started watching it DKDM when Parvati ji was born and since then i have been so hooked that i watched all the previous episodes. And the new ones, post her birth, in all the repeats too☺️ . I just love the way it has created and has started loving Mahadev as supreme god more and more and more. I love Mohit and Sonarika's pair, they compliment each other perfectly πŸ‘πŸΌ. 

Jus a favor, I am not in India 😭, how can I get Shiv Puran's copy or any e-book or something?

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

Hi, you can read online Shivmahapura here

You can some more links on pg 2 of

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9

This wedding special is very good & why not it was the wedding of the eaternal couple.😊

My special thanks to Vrish & varaali our guest writtersπŸ‘
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
awesome editionπŸ‘

and sorry for not helping you making it more grandπŸ˜” got busy with the collegeπŸ˜”
and special thanx to vrish and varaaliπŸ€—