D3 FF : Bereaved [Multifandom] #1 - Page 66

Posted: 8 years ago
I am a woman, not a man, therefore, cut the he. Now, I am a writer and the OS you mentioned was written by me a couple of years ago or so. I write fancy words, doesn't mean I have to communicate pretentiously too, doesn't mean I don't or shouldn't swear. And if I swear, doesn't mean you'll assume I am a man.

There is a marked difference between constructive criticism and bashing. The first words you used to describe this fiction were 'the most boring fan fiction I ever read' or something on those lines. I have said worse about, say, Chetan Bhagat and Stephanie Meyer, the reader has as much right of involvement in the character's being as the writer does. So, if you don't like this story's Swayum, sure, you don't like him. We get it. But what you keep forgetting is that you cannot influence what the writer writes. There, you cannot and will have no influence. If you want people such as myself to not swear, talk like we're civil, you might start by making a better choice of words yourself. For, I don't read this fiction myself and I have no right to argue with you upon its plot or story or whatever. I merely come here to support my friend who has hitherto been a silent reader of our bickering, for some odd reason I cannot point out for you.

But I will say this, I have been writing for six years and at times people don't understand what I want to say, at yet other times, the feedback seems like a chocolate-coated slap across my face because its inadequacy is insulting. There's all sorts of readers and there's all sorts of writers, I have accepted that because, at the end of the day, our existences are codependent. If you find my candor uncouth, or my wish to help out a friend, unnecessary, I cannot help you. However, I will go from here before this thread is locked down or before you hurl one more judgment at me, because I can be more judgmental than is it okay to be and then this fanciness I have painted for you will leave and this will drag on. I know we both have it in us.

My final words here would still be those I meant to imply at the beginning. You might benefit in leaving here and reading other works, much better suited to your taste. I'm certain you come here, not to dampen your mood by arguing with people with abrasive tongues who won't stop but to enjoy your time and explore what this site has to offer.

Edited by thegameison - 8 years ago
Okay. Now this matter has really gone to far. I tried to keep silent about it and avoid a battle ground, but I believe that was my biggest mistake. 

I understand the fact that you don't like the way the characters play out in the fiction, and seriously, I don't think that is something to apologize. I have read my pieces, where I don't like the kind of story, but others love it, so I refrain from commenting. And that is not to keep a golden picture of myself, but because as a writer I know what goes into writing. 

Also, as thegameison, who is a very dear friend, pointed out, criticism is welcomed to the point it is constructive, and helps me understand your grouse. I cannot for the life of me fathom, why you think changing the characteristics of a character makes me a lesser writer. I could have stomached if you said you did not like my story (which you clearly don't) , or that my writing is confusing, but the fact you are trying to limit my freedom space, is something I dun understand.

I have personally come across so many fictions where the characters only have the name and their personality differs like sun and stars. What irks me is the fact you are trying to say that just because I changed the way Swayam is, you think I am doing injustice to all of the characters. Also, it is my call who gets what screen space in my fiction, and really, you cannot comment on it. 

I dunno if you write or not, and it is not really necessary to know how to write to comment on a fiction, but I really hope you empathize with the amount of efforts that goes in. I told you before, I will take criticism in it's true and healthy spirit, but what has amounted here is clear bashing of my writing and my characters. And really, by publicly not writing the stuff that you PMed me, does not make it less. 

If you look forward to mush and romance between the two,  I say, please read some other fiction. Also, please read up the introduction of my fiction, which I have not touched, and it clearly says, "I wanted to do my own justice to him and his character, and build up a new image of him. I hope I succeed in it." him as in Swayam.

I have always, and always refrained myself from writing mush, and there have been some times I have wrote it, but never liked so much so. So please, if you look out for that, I would have to politely let you go from here. This is my writing style and my way of imagining the characters, and I shall not change it. 

Let's hope this is the end of this.
N.
P.S : I am sorry if you find this rude, you clearly had no business commenting on how thegameison writes, and how she comments. A writer does not always resort to flowery words otherwise. I found that pretty much insulting. She is a beautiful and mature writer, so please, do not comment upon her, and her character over here, and also how YOU believe that her works have been written by somebody else. If you continue this, and someone else gets a whiff of this, this really can become nasty. She is a writer much loved.
A u t h o r ' s   N o t e

Hey,

This thread would be closed, as the fiction has been shifted to the FF corner. 

Here is the link.

Hope to see you there, 
N
I don't have a business here because I don't read fanfictions generally, atleast not on IF and even if I do, I read if they're written by friends. 

To whomsoever it may concern, please do understand that what a writer does with her own story is her business alone and he/she by any means is not obligated to remain true to the original story/show from where the characters have been based upon. That is the very reasons, amateur writers first credit the author/creator on whose book/show the fanfiction is based on. 
Once that is done, how the story or characters are dealt with is entirely the writers business and nobody else's. The writer isn't obliged to please you or displease you, his/her job is to only write and offer her work up for publication which in turn fetches them feedback. 

If one does not like a certain piece of work, you're free to leave your two cents in a respectful manner and if you feel the need to criticise then by all means you can but not in an destructive manner. That's one of the basic rules of ethics and should ideally be practised as and when possible. Taking digs at other writers (thegameison in this case), questioning her own set of works, preaching maturity when not practised by self clearly does not reflect an appropriate conduct to me atleast. If the usage of the word 'hell' is considered a profanity then so is name-calling. 

Before I verbally get lashed out on, let me clear one thing, I have said whatever I did because I understand what goes into writing and the amount of effort one has to put in to produce a good piece of writing and also because these people are able to write because they're talented, obviously. I personally do not believe in dissing someone's work or their credibility.

Niv and K, you both are brilliant at writing and you do your job well. Criticism of any kind is bound to come your away, try not to let it affect you negatively and just take it in your stride. Rest should be well. Peace
Edited by .annihilation. - 8 years ago
Originally posted by NocturnalBeing

Okay. Now this matter has really gone to far. I tried to keep silent about it and avoid a battle ground, but I believe that was my biggest mistake. 

I understand the fact that you don't like the way the characters play out in the fiction, and seriously, I don't think that is something to apologize. I have read my pieces, where I don't like the kind of story, but others love it, so I refrain from commenting. And that is not to keep a golden picture of myself, but because as a writer I know what goes into writing. 

Also, as thegameison, who is a very dear friend, pointed out, criticism is welcomed to the point it is constructive, and helps me understand your grouse. I cannot for the life of me fathom, why you think changing the characteristics of a character makes me a lesser writer. I could have stomached if you said you did not like my story (which you clearly don't) , or that my writing is confusing, but the fact you are trying to limit my freedom space, is something I dun understand.

I have personally come across so many fictions where the characters only have the name and their personality differs like sun and stars. What irks me is the fact you are trying to say that just because I changed the way Swayam is, you think I am doing injustice to all of the characters. Also, it is my call who gets what screen space in my fiction, and really, you cannot comment on it. 

I dunno if you write or not, and it is not really necessary to know how to write to comment on a fiction, but I really hope you empathize with the amount of efforts that goes in. I told you before, I will take criticism in it's true and healthy spirit, but what has amounted here is clear bashing of my writing and my characters. And really, by publicly not writing the stuff that you PMed me, does not make it less. 

If you look forward to mush and romance between the two,  I say, please read some other fiction. Also, please read up the introduction of my fiction, which I have not touched, and it clearly says, "I wanted to do my own justice to him and his character, and build up a new image of him. I hope I succeed in it." him as in Swayam.

I have always, and always refrained myself from writing mush, and there have been some times I have wrote it, but never liked so much so. So please, if you look out for that, I would have to politely let you go from here. This is my writing style and my way of imagining the characters, and I shall not change it. 

Let's hope this is the end of this.
N.
First and formost Nivriiti Iam not the one who dragged this far its your friend thegameison.Second of all in case you havent noticed i have only criticised your work the first time and you have answered me back. Baat Khatham.  the later on bash ups started by your friend which you could have easily stopped was never about your work. It was mostly how rudly she was cursing and used bad language againt me. Not once I have criticised your work. I have Just answered the very rude thegameison in her own coin to make her realise that this not the way to do it.  I have never ever said that you havent put in hard work or that you are a bad writer that you should write the way i want to. and i just went to your index and you have edited your index after my comments. the date is visible for me to see. Second i respect your thoughts. but would you take one min to go bacck ans read what you wrote to me first and now what are you telling me are poles apart.
"I respect your views, and when I say criticism is welcomed, I mean it. And I am actually glad that somebody has criticised my work because it connects me more to my readers, and brings me down.
But, I just want to make one thing clear, this is not a SwaRon FF, this is a clear Dil Dosti Dance Fan Fiction, and maybe being it a mutlifandom is confusing, but you have to respect that it cannot be only based on Swayam and Sharon for that matter. I accept that grouse that people from other shows are there and it makes you lose connect, but it's imperative that you understand others have the space too.

I can try to limit the characters from other shows, but I cannot compromise with the space shared by other fellow D3 characters. I had made it clear before as well.

Anyhow, thanks for reading, and thanks for dropping your valuable view. I shall alter the way I have promised, and made clear."

Now you are giving some other explanation to which angle i have not even thought about. Nivriti i just read your FF in one night and wrote remarks on it  and you have replied. Thats it. Nothing more to it. No disrespect was ever expressed in my writings or called anyone names either.Just because i didnt like certain things and mentioned it does not mean your efforts are not appreciated or you are a bad writer and that you havent worked hard for it. Where do you both get these ideas that i am trying to hurt you or are you trying read in between lines? very simple matter compliated to the core. Streched like a chewing gum. I am very hurt now. Lets just end it here.

Originally posted by NocturnalBeing

P.S : I am sorry if you find this rude, you clearly had no business commenting on how thegameison writes, and how she comments. A writer does not always resort to flowery words otherwise. I found that pretty much insulting. She is a beautiful and mature writer, so please, do not comment upon her, and her character over here, and also how YOU believe that her works have been written by somebody else. If you continue this, and someone else gets a whiff of this, this really can become nasty. She is a writer much loved.
Once again Please do not start another fight online by suggesting wrong things.Of course her work is good infact way better than lots of os ffs i have read, even yours,sorry to say that. but i didnt comment on it because she hates me. I am also woman but I will not lie down and take it if somebody calls me names and curses me. She may be a wonderful woman and a friend to "you" but not to me.Please do read my comment  to thegameison once again. Of course you are being rude and judgemental when you just take a part of the sentence and judge it. Please do read the entire conversation. I said her language used in her OS and the language used in the comments to me are two different styles, her grammar words etc. Thats itself is an appreciation of her work that i cant believe the same person has written it. I was taunting her and giving her back in her own coin. but respectfully. I know she has written the OS because now she has replied to me in her writing style. A complete unknown person reading her comments like these to me and  then her OS what is that person to think?

One question though, both of you are writers and isnt it the readres that make you famous authors? You cannot survive without us and need us and i have just made one comment and this is how you treat me. 

This is her (thegameison) comment to me 
((I'd have all the time in the world and still not bother to write you a long-ass reply to your simply ass remarks. Nivriti is my friend, a. Freedom of speech works both ways, b. The older and maturer way is to shut up about what you don't like, there's plenty to appreciate, both here and elsewhere,c.Also, do not tell her what she is obliged to do, I am answering on her behalf, she's not obliged to conform, none of us is, we're writers, for crying out loud, d.  

What is this place? ðŸ˜³))

Originally posted by thegameison

I am a woman, not a man, therefore, cut the he. Now, I am a writer and the OS you mentioned was written by me a couple of years ago or so. I write fancy words, doesn't mean I have to communicate pretentiously too, doesn't mean I don't or shouldn't swear. And if I swear, doesn't mean you'll assume I am a man.

There is a marked difference between constructive criticism and bashing. The first words you used to describe this fiction were 'the most boring fan fiction I ever read' or something on those lines. I have said worse about, say, Chetan Bhagat and Stephanie Meyer, the reader has as much right of involvement in the character's being as the writer does. So, if you don't like this story's Swayum, sure, you don't like him. We get it. But what you keep forgetting is that you cannot influence what the writer writes. There, you cannot and will have no influence. If you want people such as myself to not swear, talk like we're civil, you might start by making a better choice of words yourself. For, I don't read this fiction myself and I have no right to argue with you upon its plot or story or whatever. I merely come here to support my friend who has hitherto been a silent reader of our bickering, for some odd reason I cannot point out for you.

But I will say this, I have been writing for six years and at times people don't understand what I want to say, at yet other times, the feedback seems like a chocolate-coated slap across my face because its inadequacy is insulting. There's all sorts of readers and there's all sorts of writers, I have accepted that because, at the end of the day, our existences are codependent. If you find my candor uncouth, or my wish to help out a friend, unnecessary, I cannot help you. However, I will go from here before this thread is locked down or before you hurl one more judgment at me, because I can be more judgmental than is it okay to be and then this fanciness I have painted for you will leave and this will drag on. I know we both have it in us.

My final words here would still be those I meant to imply at the beginning. You might benefit in leaving here and reading other works, much better suited to your taste. I'm certain you come here, not to dampen your mood by arguing with people with abrasive tongues who won't stop but to enjoy your time and explore what this site has to offer.

Me too thegameison. I am a woman too. It was not mentioned in the index of your OS whether you are a woman or not, nor in your comments. fansy words or swear words male or female, i dont care, I will not take it down if somone uses swear words at me intentionally. So if you want be addressed as a woman introduce yourself.
thegameison you should understand the circumstances (just like you understood nivriti's) under which I wrote those comments. I read Nivriti's FF one late nite back to back in one hr i think, and something didnt ring bell  nor could i connect with it about FF so i wrote the comments on it. Probably one o clock in the nite. The sentence that you are quoting is not a sentence to start a third world war. in my mind i still have those doubts about those characters she used which were from very famous tv serials which ran for years on the tv, definitly when you mention those characters i can only see the actors who acted it out in my mind like i found with swayam (like gunjan as Sanaya Irani) very weird. these are my thoughts and to me this was not gelling with d3 background. again my thoughts, I had expressed it and she replied. Baath Khatham. Just that line "most boring" is it what it caused all this? where is the disrespect in this line? and if you had explained to me as you explained here then, I would have done what was needed to her as i had no intention of hurting her or anyone for that matter. 
From there You brought it this lvl. If you had written to me properly from the beginning by now I would have apologised to Nivrita for my remark.But now i dont think i have done anything wrong in my comments or remarks, I have not disrespected Nivrita nor used any kind of bad language to put my point across nor forced her to do anything, then why all of you are telling me that I am forcing her to confirm or curbing her writing or influence her writing. What rubbish?
Sincerely speaking I really thought you were an eighteen old boy passing all these comments. Hormones overacting for a dear friend. You had six years of experience and this is how you handled this situation. thegameison I dont need any fanciness painted for me., but you could have tried this style and  you would have convinced me and this wouldnt have dragged on. I have always felt if you can make a friend or a believer that is anyday better than creating an enemy. 
And Yes you do need us readers and audience to put you on top.That is fact of Life.
Moderators, please close this thread.