•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Star Plus' Lakhon Mein Ek low in TRP

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 | 6:37:13 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Star Plus' Lakhon Mein Ek low in TRP

An introspection about the low TRP of Lakhon Mein Ek on Star Plus

Satyamev Jayate on Star Plus was replaced by an equally powerful show Lakhon Mein Ek. It has a profound social message and isn't preachy. Lakhon Mein Ek is a series of true stories, about real people who have made a difference to the society. Lakhon Mein Ek poignantly tells the stories of these unsung heroes who have listened to their heart and not to what others may have dictated to them. 

The ongoing TRP of the show is however beneath 1. Though both Ramayan and Lakhon Mein Ek are good shows running at the same Sunday 11am slot, Ramayan on Zee TV is way ahead. Raghuvir Shekhawat, dialogue writer of Ramayan explains, "Lakhon Mein Ek is about people doing good for the society. It is about the love for humanity. In India people want to know more about God than about the common people. God sells more than love." 

Narrator of the show Pooja Gor says, "You can't compare Ramayan to Lakhon Mein Ek. Ramayan was set in the satya yuga whereas Lakhon Mein Ek is set in the kalyug. Ramayan is a fictional presentation of a historical show. This show was made to carry on the tradition of Satyamev Jayate. It is to make a positive change in society. It is about what needs to be changed in the society. The show wasn't made with the business motive just to rake good TRP."

The next episode of Lakhon Mein Ek is by national award winning actor director Ananth Mahadevan.  He has in fact agreed to make a comeback to TV with Lakhon Mein Ek. He explains, "I did not want to make daily soaps which are high in TRP despite being of poor quality. I had made it clear that I would only return to TV if I could make a good quality TV programme, like the ones which were made in the 80's and 90's, when filmmakers made TV shows. I really liked making the episode of Lakhon Mein Ek as it was a one hour long episode with a nice cinematic feel." 

When asked as to why he thinks the show isn't fetching good TRP he replied, "Compared to other shows this show wasn't promoted at all." 

The opening theme of Lakhon Mein Ek  is composed and sung by Sukhwinder Singh.  The lyrics have been written by Gulzar. You may nominate a friend whose story you think befits of being aired on Lakhon Mein Ek. You may also submit your story of making a difference to society.

Hmmm. Thanks for sharing ðŸ˜Š
How is the show doing? What abt the TRPS? There's NO trp related thread in this forum? The buzz abt the show seems to be going down or what ? 😕

Originally posted by ThatOneGal

How is the show doing? What abt the TRPS? There's NO trp related thread in this forum? The buzz abt the show seems to be going down or what ? 😕

I'm visiting the forum frequently. No one is around. Forum is dead ðŸ˜• @bold i don't think so. Its a new show and SP is promoting well ðŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Anondo.R - 11 years ago