Gagan Malik to star in Sri Lankan film

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Delhi boy Gagan Malik, who is essaying the character of Lord Ram in Zee TV's epic retelling of 'Ramayan', has bagged his debut international project " Siddharth - The Buddha".

The actor plays the titular character in the Sri Lankan film which will focus on the journey of Gautam Buddha's life. The film will release inSri Lanka on January 17.

"I am excited for my first international project. I worked really hard to be a part of it. 300 men had auditioned for the role. The film is in Sinhala and if it gets good response then it will be dubbed in other languages also," Gagan told PTI.

A former Mr India contestant, Gagan rose to fame with TV series 'Pratha' and 'Navya'. But he said he always had an inclination towards period drama and also grabbed the opportunity when he was offered to play Lord Ram.

To be in sync with the character, Gagan says he has quit non-vegetarian food and started growing his own hair.

"Playing the character of Lord Ram is very close to my heart. Like any other child in India, I also grew up listening to the braveries of the Lord. I am more than happy to bag the offer and have decided to be like him in real life too.

"I have started controlling my temper and have quit non-veg food. I am working hard on every physical aspect of the character. I have decided to grow my own hair rather than use wigs and also do Surya Namaskar and other forms of yoga to get the right body. I am also reading the Ramcharitmanas," he said.
Posted: 11 years ago
Thanks for sharing 😊...As a sri lankan bhuddhist fan of Gagan Malik, I'm so excited about that film ðŸ˜ƒ Edited by Geeshu - 11 years ago