****IF_IDOL Singing Contest Voting**** - Page 4

Posted: 11 years ago
All the entries were great and everyone has made a good effort.. ๐Ÿ‘

My vote goes to entry no. 8 and 12.

Besides the above..i especially enjoyed listening to entries 1,2,7,11 and 17๐Ÿ‘

Good Luck guys.

Well done to all participants ๐Ÿ‘ I think it takes a lot of courage to expose one's voice on a public platform to potential criticism, or even lukewarm appreciation, because often we don't know how we sound to others. Some would hate their voice even though others love it, or vice-versa. It is a big risk to take, because the feedback may not be what one expected and that can be upsetting.

So, kudos to all of you guys who participated!! I admire you all immensely! And I do hope, for those of you who don't win, that you do not take the results to heart. Because you are all amazing and very talented! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I'm not sure I will be able to vote, because it really is extremely tough to choose two entries from this lot. There are so many that are good for different reasons. Maybe I will edit this post later with my votes. But here are some little comments so long ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Entry 1
You are a brilliant singer! Your interpretation of this song was SO good, better than the original. I absolutely loved your western-style inflections and the texture of your voice. Really, very beautiful. You have the makings of a pop star! 

Entry 2
I really like your voice! It has a very earthy quality to it, which is beautiful to listen to! The song you chose was a difficult one, because the notes are quite high in places, and the lines are long too.. so in some places, you seemed to have lost your breath your voice trailed off a bit. But it was lovely anyway, because your voice is so nice! 

Entry 3
Very good attempt! Singing to karaoke is tricky business. One might think it's easy because there's music and there are some vocals.. but actually it puts pressure on the singer. He/she has to constantly make sure he/she is matching the beat, and yet be able to listen to his/her own voice, remain in tune and sing with confidence. I think, because of that, in just a few places, in the beginning especially, your voice didn't sound very confident and the singing was a bit inconsistent. But I love that you seemed to be having fun while singing, and I love that you sang with feeling! So, well done!

Entry 4
You have such a lovely, strong voice! I liked that you did not try to stifle it and make it sound shrill. You sang openly and with confidence. In some places, I think you were just slightly off-key, but as a whole, your entry was very good. Given that it's a slow song, it's easy to lose the beat, but you did not, and that's great!

Entry 5
Firstly, kudos for singing without music and having such a good grasp on the beat - which is not easy, I think, especially for the song that you chose. What I love the most in your singing is the fact that you are able to sing high notes with such clarity and confidence. Also, I love the finish of your lines.. as in, you don't allow the notes to trail away weakly at the end of each line. You put in that little inflection at the end, which is really beautiful, and commendable too because that's the point where one's breath would usually start breaking. It was lovely!

Entry 6
I can SO see that you are a fan of Ashaji! You remind me of my sister. Her favourite singer is Ashaji and she tries to emulate her singing style. I get the feeling you do that too, and man, you do it so, so, so well!! Several times, it actually did feel almost like Ashaji herself, with that intoxicated kinda feel, that effortless breeziness, wow! This was really very beautiful. Well done! I absolutely love that your voice is so powerful and confident, and your breath does not break at any point. No mean feat, especially for a song like this!

Entry 7
I feel very very very small commenting on your singing, because it reflects many years of training, practice and devotion to music. I listened to your entry again and again and again. It was so soulful - I felt transported to another world. Your command on the notes is awe-inspiring. I have no words. Thank you very much for this! It was an absolute treat to listen to you.

Entry 8
What a lovely entry! You sing like a professional playback singer! It's amazing! Your voice is so soothing and melodious - airy yet strong. And you modulate the tone and volume of your singing beautifully! And you make it seem so easy, even though it is a tough song to sing, because the lines are quite long. Wow! 

Entry 9
Kudos, firstly, for choosing this song! It goes quite fast and you sang it without music, without once losing the beat. And you executed the many little inflections very well. And gosh, you have such a naturally sweet voice. I could go on listening to you!

Entry 10
This song brings back lovely memories. And you sang it very nicely! I really like how you pulled off the high notes and the long lines, without losing your voice or breath. It was very soothing to listen. 

Entry 11
Ah, I have always wondered how a female rendition of this song would sound like! I loved how you sang it. I really liked your confidence in carrying high notes, the way you sang the different inflections, the emotion that you put in, and the strength in your voice which is very much needed for a song like this. Kudos for a great entry!

Entry 12
Your voice is perfect for this song! It's earthy, uninhibited and commanding! And the song you chose is so difficult because it's semi-classical! I have been trying to sing it for years, but always lose my breath. You did a very, very good job!

Entry 13
Nicely sung! This was very close to the original! You sang with feeling, got all the inflections right and were bang on beat. Well done! 

Entry 14
You chose a difficult song, where it is so easy to lose one's breath, but you sang it beautifully! I love that you modulate your voice and volume time and again, which is really amazing, because otherwise, the song itself - without the music - can seem a bit flat.. But the inflections that you added in, were absolutely lovely. Well done!

Entry 15
I found your entry very cute! It made me smile, and I feel like hugging you now. You sing with confidence and attitude, and that's a very important quality for a song like this! The pronunciation wasn't very clear at times, but I really love that you don't just sing the words, you feel them and act them out, changing your voice and tone appropriately. 

Entry 16
Firstly, hats off for choosing a difficult song, that has so many modulations and that goes quite high in places! That in itself is very admirable. And I must say, you pulled it off very well! Given that there was no music, I was able to listen for all the little vibrations and inflections, and you did beautifully. You have a very nice voice. In a few places, your voice didn't sound very confident and trailed off a teeny bit. But seriously, I wouldn't blame you, given that the song is so tough to sing. 

Entry 17
Wow! You sing so well! You have the qualities of a great playback singer. Your voice has that amazing performance quality, that little touch of masti and breeziness, and you have such a good command on the notes. Even when the notes are high, your voice does not falter one bit. Superb, loved it!

Entry 18
This was amazing! You chose a very difficult song, that has so many variations in terms of its notes, its tune, and even in speed, and you sang it without music even though the original has quite a lot of beats to it. Kudos to you! And you really did justice to the song! Nowhere were you off-beat, or even slightly off-tune. I loved your entry. You have a very good ear for music.

Entry 19
What I loved most in your entry is the way you wove the different songs so smoothly into each other, which shows that you have a very good ear for music! And you have such a powerful, hearty voice, like a thumri singer. You chose very difficult songs, with long looong lines, so it's totally understandable that you lost your breath at times. But it was a great entry nevertheless! 

Edited out the typos
Edited by errrm - 11 years ago
wow everyone is sooo gud in singing ๐Ÿ‘
grt efforts guys ๐Ÿ‘
my votes- 1 n 17

Entry 8 and entry 17Edited by Be.A.Rebel - 11 years ago
All Entries Are Amazing Specially The Way Everyone Put Efforts On This Competition. Best Luck To Everyone. I Hope Deserving Contestant Won The Competion And Become Our First Ever IF-IDOL. I'm Excited For The Winner But As Of Now I've To Vote And Voting Any Two Is Very Tough But As Its A Competition And I've To Chose.

~:~

I'll Go For 5 & 11

~:~

Best Luck To All Participants And Thanks To Organiser Of First Ever IF-IDOL
Originally posted by niknavyu

Entry 17๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Originally posted by Be.A.Rebel

Entry 8 

guyz pls vote for 2 entries ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
๐Ÿ‘everyone!!!
luv these!!! <333

Originally posted by errrm

Well done to all participants ๐Ÿ‘ I think it takes a lot of courage to expose one's voice on a public platform to potential criticism, or even lukewarm appreciation, because often we don't know how we sound to others. Some would hate their voice even though others love it, or vice-versa. It is a big risk to take, because the feedback may not be what one expected and that can be upsetting.

So, kudos to all of you guys who participated!! I admire you all immensely! And I do hope, for those of you who don't win, that you do not take the results to heart. Because you are all amazing and very talented! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I'm not sure I will be able to vote, because it really is extremely tough to choose two entries from this lot. There are so many that are good for different reasons. Maybe I will edit this post later with my votes. But here are some little comments so long ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Entry 1
You are a brilliant singer! Your interpretation of this song was SO good, better than the original. I absolutely loved your western-style inflections and the texture of your voice. Really, very beautiful. You have the makings of a pop star! 

Entry 2
I really like your voice! It has a very earthy quality to it, which is beautiful to listen to! The song you chose was a difficult one, because the notes are quite high in places, and the lines are long too.. so in some places, you seemed to have lost your breath your voice trailed off a bit. But it was lovely anyway, because your voice is so nice! 

Entry 3
Very good attempt! Singing to karaoke is tricky business. One might think it's easy because there's music and there are some vocals.. but actually it puts pressure on the singer. He/she has to constantly make sure he/she is matching the beat, and yet be able to listen to his/her own voice, remain in tune and sing with confidence. I think, because of that, in just a few places, in the beginning especially, your voice didn't sound very confident and the singing was a bit inconsistent. But I love that you seemed to be having fun while singing, and I love that you sang with feeling! So, well done!

Entry 4
You have such a lovely, strong voice! I liked that you did not try to stifle it and make it sound shrill. You sang openly and with confidence. In some places, I think you were just slightly off-key, but as a whole, your entry was very good. Given that it's a slow song, it's easy to lose the beat, but you did not, and that's great!

Entry 5
Firstly, kudos for singing without music and having such a good grasp on the beat - which is not easy, I think, especially for the song that you chose. What I love the most in your singing is the fact that you are able to sing high notes with such clarity and confidence. Also, I love the finish of your lines.. as in, you don't allow the notes to trail away weakly at the end of each line. You put in that little inflection at the end, which is really beautiful, and commendable too because that's the point where one's breath would usually start breaking. It was lovely!

Entry 6
I can SO see that you are a fan of Ashaji! You remind me of my sister. Her favourite singer is Ashaji and she tries to emulate her singing style. I get the feeling you do that too, and man, you do it so, so, so well!! Several times, it actually did feel almost like Ashaji herself, with that intoxicated kinda feel, that effortless breeziness, wow! This was really very beautiful. Well done! I absolutely love that your voice is so powerful and confident, and your breath does not break at any point. No mean feat, especially for a song like this!

Entry 7
I feel very very very small commenting on your singing, because it reflects many years of training, practice and devotion to music. I listened to your entry again and again and again. It was so soulful - I felt transported to another world. Your command on the notes is awe-inspiring. I have no words. Thank you very much for this! It was an absolute treat to listen to you.

Entry 8
What a lovely entry! You sing like a professional playback singer! It's amazing! Your voice is so soothing and melodious - airy yet strong. And you modulate the tone and volume of your singing beautifully! And you make it seem so easy, even though it is a tough song to sing, because the lines are quite long. Wow! 

Entry 9
Kudos, firstly, for choosing this song! It goes quite fast and you sang it without music, without once losing the beat. And you executed the many little inflections very well. And gosh, you have such a naturally sweet voice. I could go on listening to you!

Entry 10
This song brings back lovely memories. And you sang it very nicely! I really like how you pulled off the high notes and the long lines, without losing your voice or breath. It was very soothing to listen. 

Entry 11
Ah, I have always wondered how a female rendition of this song would sound like! I loved how you sang it. I really liked your confidence in carrying high notes, the way you sang the different inflections, the emotion that you put in, and the strength in your voice which is very much needed for a song like this. Kudos for a great entry!

Entry 12
Your voice is perfect for this song! It's earthy, uninhibited and commanding! And the song you chose is so difficult because it's semi-classical! I have been trying to sing it for years, but always lose my breath. You did a very, very good job!

Entry 13
Nicely sung! This was very close to the original! You sang with feeling, got all the inflections right and were bang on beat. Well done! 

Entry 14
You chose a difficult song, where it is so easy to lose one's breath, but you sang it beautifully! I love that you modulate your voice and volume time and again, which is really amazing, because otherwise, the song itself - without the music - can seem a bit flat.. But the inflections that you added in, were absolutely lovely. Well done!

Entry 15
I found your entry very cute! It made me smile, and I feel like hugging you now. You sing with confidence and attitude, and that's a very important quality for a song like this! The pronunciation wasn't very clear at times, but I really love that you don't just sing the words, you feel them and act them out, changing your voice and tone appropriately. 

Entry 16
Firstly, hats off for choosing a difficult song, that has so many modulations and that goes quite high in places! That in itself is very admirable. And I must say, you pulled it off very well! Given that there was no music, I was able to listen for all the little vibrations and inflections, and you did beautifully. You have a very nice voice. In a few places, your voice didn't sound very confident and trailed off a teeny bit. But seriously, I wouldn't blame you, given that the song is so tough to sing. 

Entry 17
Wow! You sing so well! You have the qualities of a great playback singer. Your voice has that amazing performance quality, that little touch of masti and breeziness, and you have such a good command on the notes. Even when the notes are high, your voice does not falter one bit. Superb, loved it!

Entry 18
This was amazing! You chose a very difficult song, that has so many variations in terms of its notes, its tune, and even in speed, and you sang it without music even though the original has quite a lot of beats to it. Kudos to you! And you really did justice to the song! Nowhere were you off-beat, or even slightly off-tune. I loved your entry. You have a very good ear for music.

Entry 19
What I loved most in your entry is the way you wove the different songs so smoothly into each other, which shows that you have a very good ear for music! And you have such a powerful, hearty voice, like a thumri singer. You chose very difficult songs, with long looong lines, so it's totally understandable that you lost your breath at times. But it was a great entry nevertheless! 

Edited out the typos

wow..wonderful post of u errrm..ClapClapClap
hope these comments will give a good motivation to all our participants๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
thanq for this...but still u dint give votes for the entries, pls vote for the 2 entries which u like the mostEmbarrassed
Request: Members pls give ur votes to 2 entries๐Ÿ˜ณ
Originally posted by .Shayari.

wow..wonderful post of u errrm..๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
hope these comments will give a good motivation to all our participants๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
thanq for this...but still u dint give votes for the entries, pls vote for the 2 entries which u like the most๐Ÿ˜ณ

Lol. Ok then. It's been really very hard to choose, but I'll vote for 7 and 11 ๐Ÿ˜Š

Kudos to you, .Shayari., for organising this competition ๐Ÿ‘ It's truly a brilliant initiative, and a wonderful opportunity for everyone to showcase their talent! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thank you! 

And once again, many congratulations to everyone who participated. I was really stumped by how talented you all are ๐Ÿ‘ 

Edit: I have changed my votes, because I kept going back and forth. I re-listened to some of the entries that I was torn between, and I'm very happy with my choice now, so I'll say this is final.
Edited by errrm - 11 years ago