Posted: 11 years ago
OS for: @mushiroxx Hope you liked it babe!

They sat facing the press, the poker looks practiced and precise. No one would be able to read through the cracks.

The first question was directed towards Rathore. "When will you perform the raids?"

He cleared his throat. "As soon as we have the permits," He pronounced, nodding to his left, where the corrupt police commissioner was seated.

The press argued, their voices escalating from an irritating buzz to a shrill cacophony of protest. The questions were brutal, no longer directed towards just one member.

"Is this what we have the ETF for?"

"Any comment on this, Mr. Raute?"

"Is this what it's going to be like from now on?"

"Is this because there is a woman on the team?"

"ENOUGH!" thundered Arjun, his booming voice effectively silencing the crowd. "This is a planned press release. Not a fish market! And you are all recognized reporters! Not house wives!"

One man stepped forward, his hair slick with oil and sweat, and his wide rimmed glasses slipping down his greasy nose. He looked up at Riya, showcasing his boils, and yellowing teeth.

She flinched involuntarily, and the man grinned. His eyes were traveling over her form, which was still evident, even through her ETF vest. Arjun clenched his fist, and was about to step forward, but was stopped by Shree and Chottu, who were obviously just as enraged.

"Is this because there is a woman on the team?" He repeated his question, not having to scream, because it delivered the same threat, even in a lower volume.

The police commissioner sniggered, and the other men were straining in their seats.

Arjun was the first to speak, gently pushing a tearful Riya to the side.

"We worship women, don't we? Durga Ma? Devi Maiyya? Kali Ma? Then why is it that when a woman wants to stand on equal footing as us insignificant being, who should be falling at their feet, we don't? Why is it that people like you-" And here he stopped, jabbing a menacing finger at the now sweating reporter, "-make them feel worthless, when you'll be going home to worship them? Sickening. And you have the nerve to ask that to a woman with more morals, education, and intelligence than you will ever have?" He stopped, the entire room in silence, and everyone's eyes on him.

Then slowly, the police commissioner to his right stood up, clapping, and not bothering to wipe at the tears on his face. The two women reporters in the front stood up and clapped. And eventually, everyone was clapping, cheering. But Arjun had only one person on his mind.

Riya.

She had stood outside the car, telling Chottu and Shree she was okay, and taking a silent seat.

She had sat there, remembering not being able to play with the boys because "Larki toh ghar ka kaam karte hain!" Girls do the housework! And how she had to run away from home to fulfill her lifelong dream. She was so engrossed in these thoughts that she didn't hear Arjun slip in almost silently beside her.

"Hey, Ri, you okay?"

She didn't answer, just slipped into his comfortable embrace, holding onto him the way he had a month ago, on Roshni's anniversary, and she had found him on the bridge, She was his anchor, and he was her rock, Steadfast, strong, and always there for each other. 

Inspired by @mushiroxx I hope it was up to your expectations. If you have any requests, drop them here: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3178320 

If you want PMs, just buddy me, and send a PM/scrap that you're from the Arjun forum. And I want reviews if you want PMs. And yes, I do know I sound greedy. Deal with it :P 

And if your too lazy, go to this link and like the third post:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3178320?pn=6

Edited by purplekid - 11 years ago
YAY!!! 
Im first! wahooo!!!!!!!
leaving that aside, the was...
Awesome!!!!
Loved it!
Amazingly written!
keep up the good work!
Edited by iLuvYellow - 11 years ago
Originally posted by iLuvYellow

YAY!!! 
Im first! wahooo!!!!!!!
leaving that aside, the was...
Awesome!!!!
Loved it!
Amazingly written!
keep up the good work!

Thanks! I appreciate the praise :)
This was great. Loved it. I wish it was bit longer:P But seriously great work! Good Luck with all the requests!
that was so nice! arjun defending all the women for riya! so sweet of him! nice OS really!
i loved it...πŸ‘ mature ...just the way i wanted it to be...πŸ˜‰ but a little short...πŸ˜† but its ok ...i still love it...the explaination given by arjun was so apt...women r treated that way in almost every society... im glad he showed that reporter the much needed MIRROR...😎
the ending was beautiful... without saying anything riya just slipped into his arms ...
she is his ANCHOR, he is her ROCK..!!! what a description ...πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘
ur such a sweetheart dear...thanks for this one...πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ‘
wow its really nice i like it and also it is so impressive thought

kahani mein twist riya ghar se bhaag aayi hai ...

i like it, thanks for the pm...
good work ...
i'm waiting when my turn will come?
just loved this one pretty cool 
loved Arjun described lady and importance

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜ƒβ˜ΊοΈπŸ˜‰