-Stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
                        The buddy project os: of mates and dates

Hie guys. First of all I would like to say a big thank you to all the people who read and liked my last os. You guys rock. So I am back with a second os. This os revolves around the relationship of the girls of tbp. They would make a sweet group of friends . thus I have written this os about them . I have written this keeping bobby as the central character. She is the most fun of all the girls. I absolutely adore her. Njoy .. And please do cement about how it is.  Feedback is always welcome.

Important : I had had this os written a very long time back ,Before the jail track. Thus I have not incorporated any character development during and after the jail track .  :)

"what the freaking hell?? Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! ," screamed Bobby clutching her left eyebrow.  Kiya instinctively took a few steps away from her. "What the bloody hell Kiya? trying to kill me or what?'" she shouted at Kiya.
"well I told you to stay still and not fidget so much.. ohhh…" Kiya started but stopped midway through her sentence looking at he droplets of blood oozing from her friend's eyebrow. Juhi, who loved the sight of blood as long it wasn't her own started inspecting th e droplets , her mouth forming a perfect 'O'.
"Juhi!!!! Get away from there,"  said Panchi , dabbing Bobby' s eyebrow with an ice cube.
"Feeling better?" she asked bobby who was uttering a string of cuss words under her breath.
"yes! And I would thank you ." she said pointing to Kiya " to not slice my eyebrows open with that damn thread of yours."
Kiya looked at her thread guiltily   and said," fine . m sorry. Can we continue now? "
Bobby said nothing but sank back into her chair closing her eyes and thinking about how she had landed up inb this situation with these three girls who had now resumed the threading of her eyebrows.
                                                                                                          It had all started yesterday morning. When Bobby had arrived at school, Piddi had been giving her looks that were weird even by piddi's standards. She ignored him considering she always though his screws were a little loose. Only when she saw KD giving her a smile that she had wondered what was up. She didn't have to wonder for too longer as in the recess Piddi, looking scared as hell was being shoved towards her by KD, ranveer and Samar.  It took a lot of threatening from KD and ranveer that he finally uttered the words  'will you go on a  date with me?' to her. Bobby was so shocked that she had actually said yes. Piddi looked like he had just won an Oscar, a Grammy and a noble price all together, before she had realized what she had said  , Piddi was being led outside by the  boys, thumping his back and congratulating him on his 'victory'. She had been totally fuming by now and had decided to tell Piddi that she had changed her mind. but alas she couldn't. Piddi being Piddi had told every freaking body in the school about him going on a date with her and was also updating his face book status every five  minutes about how lucky he was and how this was the best day of his life. Personally bobby though it was so lame-o ,but a tini-tiny part of her was feeling something close to happiness. He always managed to make her special. And he was really sweet. Not to mention funny . a little irritating but nice. So she had decide to go ahead with the date mainly because she didn't want to hurt his feelings yet again and embarrass him in front of the whole school. Of course ranveer had told Panchi about the date the moment her had seen her. Thus Panchi, Kiya and Juhi had cornered her up in the girls bathroom, all of them bursting with excitement and demanded all the details. They had decided (without asking bobby) that as they were her bffs, they would help her get dressed for her date with Piddi. uggh .
                               Thus she had landed up at Panchi's house which had become their official adda while her bffs were torturing her with weapons like tweezers, eyelash curlers and hot wax.
" there you are," said kiya smiling at bobby's reflection. Bobby just scowled at kiya but she thought her eyebrows looked pretty darn pretty and kiya really had a talent for this kinda thing  .  Not that she would admit it to anyone even if they threatened to slit her throat open.
"oh come on! At least pretend to have fun. Not exactly helping by being so grumpy." Said kiya. Bobby felt a pang of guilt run through her and dedcided to cheer up for her friends's sake.
" thanks k. my eyebrows look really pretty"
 kiya's face lit up like a moon. Bobby smiled to herself. How has she ever hated this girl. She was almost too easy to be pleased.
"beauty base zero : base one complete." She chirped to Panchi and Juhi.
" what the hell is this beauty base  zero shit?" booby asked her bad mood coming back at her friends'  girliness.
" it's a pre styling method. Basically it's how a person would look if they jumped out of bed looking flawless but natural. Without any makeup," Panchi explained
'what a load of crap,' bobby thought to herself but didn't say anything as she didn't want to dampen the excitement of her friends who were literally buzzing with excitement. Idiots. as if they are the ones going on a date not her.' Omg! Stop thinking about the date,' she scolded herself. She looked around panchi's bedroom desperately seeking a distraction. Anything to stop thinking about the date that lay ahead of her. Her eyes rested upon kiya's pink and orange bag which was open. A book was peeking out of it just enough for bobby to read its title. War and peace by Leo Tolstoy. Even though she knew about it, she still felt a shock running through her body. Apparently Miss Kiya gujral who she had until very recently refered to as 'lipstick', was into books. Philosophical books. She took out the 1440 paged book and felt a pyscial pain running through her boby. Kiya had told them (not before making them swear on their lives that they wouldn't tell anyone) that it was her favorite book and she had read it at least 20 times. 20 times! Sweet mother of God! She picked up the book and read a few lines. They bounced over her head. She closed the book shut instantly feeling sleepy . She could hear the others girls in the kitchen downstairs setting up the hot wax machine. This evening was turning into a torture. First they hd made her watching the Sex and the city: the movie and now this. Half the movie was over before she had decided that she couldn't take it anymore and put her foot down earning disapproving glances fro Kiya and Panchi.
"that happens to be my favorite movie,"  Juhi had wailed.
"It makes we want to throw up," she had screamed back.
So they had settled for the safe harry potter and the half blood prince which was playing on the low volume in the background.  Bobby laughed as Hermione set birds after Ron In anger. What a classy lass! Panchi came into the room holding a very ominous looking blunt knife .
"Hope you not planning to murder me with that thing." Bobby laughed at her bad joke.
Panchi being Panchi ignored her and said'" beauty base zero: step two "Kiya and Juhi came it not the room holding a tub of water and a sponge. Bobby had a bad feeling about all this. ]
"You better stay still and cooperate," said Juhi sounding a lot like booby's mother.
                                                                             Next hour was hell for her. She had always thought that women go t to beauty parlors and spas to relax. But now she knew the exact reason why. They went to beauty parlors to get hardened and learn how to survive in case they ever got taken as prisoners of war and tortured. Bobby had had her arms, legs and torso waxed ("what the hell is that you are pouring on me? Molten lava?") , got her fingers nails done ("  I told you Juhi. I did rather kill myself than apply pink nail polish.) , got dirt removed from her nails, which was not an easy task thanks to all the years of playing football. (whoa! Panchi why are you scrubbing my nails as if they stole the last bar of chocolate on the earth) and had every inch of her body scrubbed by kiya's home mad e herbal body scrub (which smelt like dog poop but was very effective.) . Bobby felt like someone had beaten her up  black and blue but her bffs wee looking at her like banga does when he successfully punishes a student.
" beauty base zero complete." Kiya said high fiving the others.
" you look beautiful" kiya declared kissing bobby's cheek.  She felt a rush of warmth for the girl. She had to admit she didn't look half as bad.
"let's take a break, "said Juhi diving under Panchi's bed and fishing out two bottles of wine which the girls ha smuggled from KD ( who had cast a series of disapproving looks at them. But who cares about him right?). Kiya started pouring the wine into four wine glasses perfectly. Bobby  thanked her stars that she was some time.
"Excited about the date? " asked Panchi passing her a glass .
"Apparently not as much as you guys are"
All the three girls casted disapproving looks at her.
"Oh come on! You have to be excited. I remember my first date with Samar. Ohhh I was so excited that i was week in my knees. It took me 6hours to get ready. "Said Juhi with a dreamy look on her face.
"Six hours? What were you doing? Getting plastic surgery done?" said bobby before she could stop herself.
Juhi scowled at her friend but choose to continue with her story, "he took me to this expensive restaurant. And everybody was like all over him. I was so delighted. Felt like such a princess…"
Bobby tuned her out and she could see Kiya rolling her eyes.  Why are these girls hell bent on discussing the very thing that I don't want to think about? 
"Bobby! Earth to bobby, "said Panchi waving her hands in front of bobby's face.
"Oh sorry. I drifted off. What where you saying? ," she asked Juhi.
Juhi looked at little offended that she wasn't listening to her but let it pass. "Where is he taking you?"
"No idea. Isn't it supposed to be a surprise or something," bobby replied taking a sip out of the glass
"I hope your date goes well. Pratham is an extremely nice guy. You know bobby you are sol lucky to be asked out by such a nice guy. He isn't afraid of showing his emotions. Or you know ajj kal ke   boys.  too much attitude to show that they actually care about a girl." said Panchi earnestly. Bobby could see kiya's face turning red. 
"Speaking of attitude, what did you and KD fight over today k?" asked Juhi as dumb as she was
Bobby could see the change mere mention of his name caused in her friend. Kiya squared her shoulders and put on what bobby referred to as 'the lipstick face'   and replied," I don't know and I don't care! The boy has more attitude than all of the bollywood and Hollywood stars put together. He thinks that he is a gift from God to humanity and he's doing us a freaking  favor by just looking at us," said Kiya draining her glass in one go.  
Bobby knew that kiya really really likes him and he liked her back (as far as she could tell). But both of them were not exactly king and queen of emotions and ended up doing and saying the wrong thing always. She could sense the passion they had just by looking at them.' Would I ever feel like this about any boy?' she thought to herself.
" he irritates you because he likes you. You know he isn't shahrukh khan when it comes to expressing emotions," said bobby hastily wanting to get rid of such satanic thoughts.
" I don't know what to do with him! When I am sweet to him he gets angry. When I am anger at him he gets even more angry. I don't think he even likes me!," said Kiya pouring out more wine into her glass
" impossible!!" the other girls bursts out
" judging by the way he looks at you , it seems he wants to kiss you senseless," said Panchi.
Kiya giggled. Bobby knew that she was fantasying about kissing KD.
" how attracted are you to him. you silly cow! "  said Juhi laughing and throwing a pillow at kiya
" wont kick him out of bed, I suppose," replied kiya sipping more wine , then blushing wildly realizing what she had just said.
" okay! thats it. No more wine for me"
They burst out laughing. Panchi and juhi started singing 'underneath your clothes by shakira' much to kiya's horror.
Underneath your clothes . there's  an endless story. There's the man I love. There's my territory
Bobby was laughing her guts out at kiya's expressions while kiya threw pillows at all three of them. They shifted to singing 'crazy in love' by beyonce
" that's it! I AM NEVER SPEAKING TO YOU GUYS AGAIN!" said kiya stamping her foot and looking like such a child that they laughed even harder and kiya joined in as well. Panchi and juhi proceeded to hug her. Bobby rolled her eyes but joined them a moment latter
                                                                                         The girls drunk the remaining wine and got to work much to bobby's disappointment. They painted her nails a vivid shade of red. While they ohh and ahhed at their handiwork , Panchi's phone beeped indicating a message. Bobby could tell by her friend's expressions that it was ranveer. Panchi frowned at her phone and sighed.
" everything okay? " kiya asked, putting  away the cotton balls into the drawer.
" yeah. Great. Ranveer wants me to do his chemistry homework. He is busy this weekend."
" busy? What is he? The prime minister of India?," said bobby forewing at her nails
Panchi kept quiet.
" you know what Panchi I think you are in a grave danger of entering 'the friend zone' with ranveer." Said juhi propping herself up on the pillows
Bobby rolled her eyes. " I don't know if you noticed , but Panchi is already his best friend."
Even though she would never admit it, they all knew that Panchi was interested in being more than friends with ranveer.
To bobby's surprise, kiya said," no no . Juhi is right. She means 'the friend zone'."
" whats wrong with the friend zone? I like it!" frowned Panchi.
" whatz wrong? Everything's wrong about it. Too much of respect for each other can be a bad thing!," cried Juhi
Bobby though she was being reasonable.
"exactly! You don't want him to respect you to the point that he feels too guilty to even make a move on you. And once you are in the friend zone, the last thing you want is to progress to the sister zone. " said Kiya putting her hand in front of her mouth in horror.
" the sister zone? " Panchi repeated
" yes the sisiter zone. Once he starts to think that you like his sister . he wont make a move move one you . it would be too weird!" said kiya  in  hushed voice
" I don't want him to see me as a sister," gasped Panchi almost at once. They started laughing again.
" its not funny you know! What do you reckon should I do?" cried out Panchi

" stop spending so much time with him," said kiya downing her glass of wine in  a go. Bobby couldn't help but admire her drinking abilities.
" I can't do that. Hes my friend"
" well try!" snapped juhi " you don't want to ruin your chances with him"
"like I even have a chance," scoffed Panchi
"shut up!" said all three of them together. And she did shut up.
" you are so sweet and charming that no guy will we able to resist you babe,"  said Kiya pulling  Panchi's cheeks
Bobby laughed at the irony of the situation. For kiya had spent half her life calling Panchi fat and unattractive.' How some people change and how some remain the same,' thought bobby thinking about ranveer. Of course ranveer was the same. Changing girlfriends like kiya changes clothes. But he always made a extra effort to maintain his friendship with Panchi and bobby respected him for that.  RV always went out of his way to make Panchi happy. They really had a strong bond which was visible even to people who didn't know them personally. Bobby knew that this was one of the things that held Panchi back from moving  things to the next level with him. She didn't want to risk her friendship with rv. Bobby knew her friend would be broken if she loses her friendship wit that brat.
                                                                                     "KIYA!!! GIVE MY FREAKING PHONE BACK OR I SWEAR I WILL MURDER YOU PAINFULLY!" bobby was brought into the present by panchi's screams. Kiya had taken Panchi's phone and Panchi was chasing her all over the bedroom.
" i-am-sorry-am-busy-with-stuff," said kiya read aloud as she typed.
Panchi looked horrified but before she could do anything else kiya pressed the sent button.
"Good job k, " said bobby highfiving Kiya.
" that was so not happening k! " said Panchi with a scowl
" it was totally happening. We told you to stay away from him. this is the first step. You have to stop being so available to him all the time. " said Juhi checking out her reflection in the  black screen of her phone.  "awee.. I look so cute," cooed Juhi.
 Bobby heard kiya mutter something about narcissistic people and had to bit he tongue to keep fro laughing.
" okay! Okay! Fine but only for you guys okay?" said Panchi giving in
"yes!!" cried out juhi and kiya .
" now if the dissection of my love life is over, can we concentrate on bobby?" said Panchi picking up the empty glasses of wine.
                                       As bobby was to go on a date, the girls decided ( again without asking bobby) that its best if she wore a dress. Bobby didn't own a dress to no one's surprise unless you counted that broen jersey dress her mother had forced her to buy (kiya didn't), so kiya offered to bring a few dresses for bobby to choose from as they were nearly the same size. By a 'few dresses ' kiya meant cramming all the dresses she could into her leopard printed suitcase.
" okay.. how about this one? "said Kiya holding out a purple velvet dress.
" I am going  on a date. Not a fancy dress competition dressed as a brinjal" bobby told her.
All of them laughed and so it went on for the next half an hour.
Kiya had poured out another glass of wine. Bobby was seriously considering scolding her on her drinking habits. They ran through kiya's dresses. Analyzing them .
" I give up!" said bobby " why can't I just wear jeans and a shirt?"
Juhi looked at her as if she had suggested they boil puppies. Even kiya and Panchi looked at her sternly.
" because you are going on a date. You have to look like a lady and pretty," cried out juhi.
" I hate you guys," said bobby fidgeting with the hem of the black dress that she was wearing. " I look like a tramp"
" a very sexy one at that," laughed kiya.
Bobby didn't know whether to laugh or hit her. So she did both.
" ladies! Attention. I think I found the one," said Panchi holding out dress. Before she could ask which one was it, they pushed her into the bathroom to get changed. The girls were practically jumping with excitement and congratulating Panchi on finding the right dress.
" its not that bad," said bobby checking herself out in the mirror. The dress was actually very pretty. It was a simple dress light blue dress with short sleeves and pearl buttons in the front.
" P-E-R-F-E-C-T," said Juhi hugging her.
 " so……" started kiya with her (fake) innocent puppy dog face. Bobby instantly smelled trouble.
" what? "  she snapped
"youlikehimorwhat?" burst out juhi
"sorry?" said bobby not getting a word of what she was saying
" you like him or what?" said Panchi slowly
" who?"  bobby asked stupidly
The girls all smacked their forehead in frustration.
" banga! You silly cow. Pratham na," said kiya throwing a very irritated look at her friend.
Did she? Of course she didn't. that chuha was a moron. He didn't have any brains and was always doing stupid things. Anyways this relationship stuff and dating business wasn't her cup of tea.. so obviously. N…
" I don't know," said bobby in a small voice
The girls squealed in such a high pitch that bobby actually jumped in fright.
" oh bobby! Hat mean a yes.omg  you like him. U like him," said Panchi clapping her hands.
" I didn't say that okay? I said I didn't know. I mean I still think he is a nut bag, but he always makes me feel so…" said bobby
"loved???" offered kiya
" special??" said juhi
" like you are not alone and he will always be there for you?" said Panchi
"  okay. All of the above ," she admitted putting her face in her plams.
" awwee.. honey,"  said kiya  putting her arms around her " I think you should go with the flow.  One step at a time. Go on this date and figure out everything later"
Panchi patted her knee. That did make sense. "Fine. I will go with the flow. I mean it's not like he asked me to marry him na?"
The girls smiled at her reassuring ly . A silent we are There  for you. The irony of the situation wasn't lost on her. She was not afraid of anything in the world  but the mere thought of going on date was making her palms run with sweat.  Frankly kicking a boy's arse was easier than kissing his lips.
"Oh miss babita mallik. U look like a goat  being taken to the slaughter house. Piddi isn't a cannibal. At least as far as we know," said kiya and started to tickle her.
" GEDD-FFOUF-OFF MOE!" said bobby between the laughs. And just like that the mood was vheerful again. They did her makeup very carefully, while juhi filled them out with the latest goss at and around royal.
" ……. And Riya  of section a was saying she finds Mr. jaitley hot," she finished with a giggle
" what a skank! But who can blame her. Mr jaitley is piping hot," said Kiya with a dreamy expression.
" wish I was going on  a date with him instead,"  said bobby laughing
" you can only wish miss babita! Mr  jaitley is mine!" said kiya sticking out her toungue
" and what about KD?" laughed Panchi.
" who KD? I only want Mr. jaitley!" said Kiya drooling
They all laughed and called Kiya names and were finally done with her make up . when bobby finally looked into the mirror , she was taken aback. She felt like she was looking at a complete stranger. She almost looked..
" BEAUTIFUL!" declared the girls and hugging her
" thanks a lot my sugababes. You rock!" laughed bobby blushing
She saw her grin mirrored on their faces. Juhi loaned her nude oumps to her . bobby groned as she put them on and walked unsteadily.
"  hope I don't fall into a pot of curry. That would be such a buzz kill"
They all giggled.
Kiya seemed to be tired of drinking from the glass and put the bottle of wine direcrtly to her mouth earning disgusted glances from Panchi.
" you do know that's wine  not water that you are drinking," Panchi said
" whatever. A girl has to get her drink right? " Kiya shrugged.
Bobby heard Panchi mutter 'bloody drunkard; under her breath. She stood still as Kiya sprayed her with her favorite Channal 5 perfume. It smelled really classy and nice. It had to given that the small bottle did cost more than bobby's three month pocket money.  Kiya smiled at her and bobby wondered again how she could have hated this girl, smiling back at her. Juhi drew a small tiny football on her wrist ' for luck'. Panchi gave her a hug saying," ask him to drop you here only and give us all the details."
"Yup," bobby replied with a smile. She looked at all the three girls who were now straightening Panchi's bedroom, they seemed to be doing pretty good for a group of girls who were mere classmates and enemies (I kiya's case) she mentally thanked kd for forming that stupid kidnapping Mr. jaitley plan . for she wouldn't be here getting ready for her date with here bffs if it weren't for him
                                                                                        The door bell rang. "Omfg! He's here," screamed Juhi. All of them ran to the door as if it was harry potter not Pratham punj at the door. Bobby rolled her eyes and took  a deep breath . ' you can do this,' she assured herself and started walking towards the door where the girls  were chatting and laughing with Piddi. 'He looks cute,' was the first thought that came into her mind looking at him. And he certainly did in that jet black shirt with rolled up sleeves and medium wash jeans. He stopped midway in the sentence that he was saying to Kiya the moment he saw her. Bobby had a hard time stopping herself from snapping at him but his expression were so cute that she decided to let it pass. She could hear the girls giggle and give out a series of fake coughs and she blushed
"You look so beautiful…" said Piddi
"ohhh……" went the girls
"Abbey chuhe, enough with all these compliment already and let's get on with this date thing." She said finally losing it.
But piddi looked like she had just agreed to marry him.
"For you," he said thrusting a bunch of red roses in her hand which made the girls go ' ohhh' again. Blushing deeply bobby took the flowers with a small thank you and handed them to Panchi.
"Drop her here only," Panchi told Piddi who nodded his head busy looking at bobby.
"chale?" bobby asked him taking his hand . The girls launched into a series of fake coughs. It was all bobby could do from recommending cough syrup to them. Piddi led her towards god only knows what , she turned around to get a last glimpse of her mates.
Kiya was holding on to the doorway, a little tipsy from all the wine that she had drunk , a smile stretched on her lips. Panchi was waving her goodbye, giving her thumbs up. Juhi was busy taking the photos also waving her goodbye. They say nobody in this world is perfect/ but these girls were. Perfect for her.

]SO HOW WAS IT? PLEASE DO COMMENT AND LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING 😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aashi_arsha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
RES

Unres

Dat was Awesome !

Aww ! Dey all Are BFFs !

Gosh !😆 Dey were all busy in d make up of Bobby !

So cute it was !

Luvd it !

Write more n more ! WE all r here to read !

Edited by aashi_arsha - 11 years ago
FieryLioness thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Res

edited:-

OMG this is just beautiful...
i was reading whole Os like this 
loved it...
awww they all are BFF's and 
the fun they had during bobby's make-up
and their convo...
simply fantabulous 
loved it to the core...
Keep writing more 😊
Edited by -meet- - 11 years ago
-Stardust- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: aashi_arsha

RES

Unres

Dat was Awesome !

Aww ! Dey all Are BFFs !

Gosh !😆Dey were all busy in d make up of Bobby !

So cute it was !

Luvd it !

Write more n more ! WE all r here to read !

Haha thank u so much for this wonderful comment. :DDD.
..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Oh.My.God!!!!!!
This was so freaking amazing!!!!!There friendship was so pure & amazingly portrayed.I had a smile on my face the whole time.In so little a time they got to know each other so well.Wow!!!!!The last line took the cake.It was BEAUTIFUL.
-Stardust- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: DamonCrazy_D3

Oh.My.God!!!!!!
This was so freaking amazing!!!!!There friendship was so pure & amazingly portrayed.I had a smile on my face the whole time.In so little a time they got to know each other so well.Wow!!!!!The last line took the cake.It was BEAUTIFUL.

Thank you so much! Hehe glad that u liked it!
-Stardust- thumbnail

Thankxx :DD
..-Ayesshhaa-.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
RESERVED! will comment after reading 😉
*Edited*
Hey Swetha , loved your OS it was freaking awesome 👏 enjoyed reading it 😃
do write more
love <3
Ayesha
Edited by -BurningDesire- - 11 years ago
Aymen27 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Frikkin awesome :D
This is the best I have read till now seriously.
Its witty, funny, realistic all in one :D
GREAAAT JOB! 
I could totally imagine this happening one day ;)

and do write the boys version please :D
-Stardust- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Aymen27

Frikkin awesome :D
This is the best I have read till now seriously.

Its witty, funny, realistic all in one :D
GREAAAT JOB!
I could totally imagine this happening one day ;)

and do write the boys version please :D

:DDD. thank you so much for giving me an another amazing idea. I will try and see if i can write about the boys. But you know na boys are not as much as girls. Haha