Dharmayudham Archives Sep 12 - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
  Monday 17 / 9 /12  Episode No 30

Gayathri is on the phone -  talks to Sundaram about a friend -  Kishore bhai -  who is arrested for a murder case.  Arjun's office. Lunch time. Sharadha calls Arjun to eat and Arjun is still angry -  curtly says that he is going out. Mani is waiting for food. Sharadha takes her lunch box inside and asks Arjun to eat and go -  Arjun is curt again " you go and eat. I am going out and I will eat there " Sharadha goes out  - kind of crest fallen -  tells Mani that Arjun is going out.Mani says that Arjun's anger is short lived -  " he will come around soon, don't worry " Sharadha wants to know if Daya is angry with her -  'does not pick up the phione and does not answer messages ?" Mani says that Daya is not that kind of a girl " even that day, she left casually " Arjun comes out , tells Mani some thing and leaves.  

Sundaram's office. Dinesh, Keshav Bhai's son is talking to Sundaram. Dinesh says that his sister, Neha is in love with their driver Velu. Velu was murdered and his body was found in the Coovum river. Neha has complained that it was her dad who murdered Velu. The police have arrested Keshav and Dinesh wants Sundaram to bail out his dad. Sundaram says at this point it is difficult to get bail. "The police will say that Keshav if let out on bail might threaten Neha to withdraw the complaint. But I will take care once we go to the sessions court. In the mean time, we have to talk and convince Neha " Dinesh says that Neha thinks only about Velu . Sundaram is categorical " we must make her think . If she cares so much for a guy whom she knows for 6 months , how much should she care about her dad  who brought her up so long?  We have to convince her "

Mani is all alone in the office. He imitates Sundaram  - Sundaram comes to Arjun's office with Ashwin , sees Arjun and tells Ashwin " why is he here? Ask him to get out " Ashwin says "you are right as usual appa, but this is Arjun's office " -  Mani goes on. Sharadha comes and now Mani imitates Arjun ..summa time pass  - et tu Dharmayuddham team? -  the he imitates Sharadha -  "first with out Mani , ok? Sharadha calls Chithra and asks for Mani "avan illame irukkave mudiyalai , enge pOi tholainjan?"  Mani enters and Sharadha changes the tune " ayyo vanthuttan , nee illame office was nice //"  Both have a hearty laugh.

Sundaram is on the phone with some one -  asks for some details for Keshav's case

1.       Details and defects in the FIR

2.       Police 's line of thinking

3.       Directly implicating evidence if any

4.       Who is the PP

Back to Arjun's office -  Mani and Sharadha discussing about a baby's death in a hospital "dog bite?" Both are cut up with the situation but also understand that they can do nothing. Sundaram's office. Ram is given some medical reports -  he goes through it and ponders over it.

Freeze

Edited by rojapoooo - 11 years ago

Tuesday Episode No 31 18 / 9/ 12

Nambi is talking to Ram – wants to discuss a case with him and Ram agrees to do it immediately…but he sees Shilpa waiting for him – drops Nambi like a hot potato. Vazhiyal neram. Shilpa shows some file to Ram and ram says that he has already seen it. Looks like Shilpa does not believe in mincing words , straight away tells Ram that she used the file as an excuse to meet him. " I have met many men, been friendly ..but nobody impressed me like how you do. Your wife is lucky. What is her name?" Ram tells her that his wife is Anjali.  Shilpa , Anjali pathi ellam kavalai padalai "lunch with me?" Ram says that he is meeting a client for lunch "some other time?" Shilpa innum kOnjam kadalai pOttu ttu leave.

Arjun's office. Fathima's grandma comes with a lady from her street – none other than the mother of the baby who died in the Government hospital – bitten by dogs. The lady cries ..cries …and says that she wants to file a case. Sharadha sympathizes and says that they can file a case " need some details, will call you in two days, ok?" Sundaram and Nambi – Nambi  gives him details – copy of the FIR,  PP is not known, along with the body, there are some medical bills, driving license etc., medical bill shows a no and the name of the medical shop.."so what do we make of it?" Sundaram goes through the FIR and laughs " Intha inspector Oda English padicha, English enakku maranthu pOidum " Nambi says "hope he handles the case also the same way " Sundaram asks Nambi to find a senior counsel for this case "also the track record of that inspector in dealing case. Photo copy of the bills? "  Nambi promises to do his best.

Sharadha visits Lakshmi – the mother who lost her baby – Lakshmi cries , describes about the baby who never cried ….Sharadha again leaves without collecting more details. Nambi calls Sundaram and says that the medical shop has been identified. Sundaram asks him to collect Velu's medical bills – " previous 3 or 4 months bills , ok?"  Gayathri is in her office. Sundaram comes and tells her that he would like her help in Keshu Bhai's  case. Gayathri says that she does not feel  good about it " I tend to believe Neha. Keshu Bhai must have killed the driver " Sundaram quietly explains " You know me for how long? Do you trust me?" Gayathri says that she knows him for over 25 years "ever since my birth " Sundaram says that he knows Keshu Bhai for over 35 years " I trust him. Business panra Samiyaar.. he may not like his daughter marrying his driver but will never go to the extent of killing that guy. I would like you to meet him and talk. If you feel the same way after that , I won't force you to help me in that case. But, if you decide to opt out , I will also opt out that case. I will not represent Keshu Bhai.." Gayathri is stunned…

Freeze

Wednesday  -  Happy Birth Day Lord Vinayaga.
Thursday 20 / 9 / 12 Episode No 32

Arjun's Office. Arjun is still angry with Sharadha. Mani peps up Sharadha - " all will be ok soon " Sundaram is talking to Keshu's son. Tells him that he will not be appearing for him "but I am taking care. Please make arrangements for me to meet Neha " Ram gets a call from Shilpa who flirts big time. Looks like Ram likes it but is elusive - gives Shilpa the feeling that she is the one who is chasing ( nalla strategy thaan ) Shilpa vazhiya..Ram curt  reply kudukka... Roja waits for further developments.

Sharadha and Mani are in the coffee shop. Usual bickering is on - both pulling each other's legs - Gayathri joins the duo. Now both the ladies pull Mani's legs and Mani vidame peela vidaraar. Gayathri orders some thing and Mani repeats her order. Sharadha tells Gayathri that she can order anything "today Mani is treating us " Mani kku yuire pOchu, purse ai thirakkanume !!! Tells Gayathri that Sharadha brought him her to treat him " she has won two cases , apram rOmba busy aagiduvaa, so munnaleye treat kudukkaraannu.." Gayathri laughs and agrees to pay for the food . Gayathri asks Sharadha " so, what was the turning point in that school case?" Sharadha says that she lied to Nandhini " she was so uptight, refused to say a word and so I lied that I am motherless too. That opened up and she confided. That is the turning point " Mani jumps on that "lie" issue - Both Mani and Sharadha get in to a big discussion and Gayathri is thoughtful - the discussion about lying seems to kindle some thing in her.

Sundaram meets Neha - in a car. Neha cries that everything is over "my life is gone with Velu. never thought that my dad will do such a thing " Sundaram says that he is not here to talk about her dad " I am here to talk about you. Nothing is over. Your life is still ahead of you. Never cry over the past. Think about the future.Velu is dead, you have put your father behind the bars, the whole family is upset, now what?  I hear that you write well. Think about making a new life " Neha cries some more, Sundaram just pats her back and leaves (liked the way he dealt with that little girl )

Sharadha is with Lakshmi - hospital case - and learns that hubby does not want to fuight the hospital. Sharadha learns that Lakshmi had an abortion before. Collects some more details about admitting the baby, dengu fever, baby was serious while admission etc., etc.,. Also learns that the hospital did not give the treatment history and no papers were given when the body was handed over. Mani comes in and Sharadha requests him to go to the hospital and collect all the documents. Sharadha calls Arjun who is curt - I have work to do, will come back only after that . If you need help, ask me " - cuts the phone. A hurt Sharadha calls her mother - tells her about the baby case - amma nalla thakkaraanga " nee ozhunga sapida matte, yen thaan vakkilukku padichiyO, Kalyanam panni pOra edathile..blah blah " Sharadha nondhufies herself for calling her mom - but also tells her that she has a misunderstanding with Arjun. Amma offers to talk to Arjun, Sharadha vetoes the idea...cuts the call... Sundaram's office -
Gayathri tells her dad that she will help him in Keshu's case...

Freeze

Friday 21 / 9 / 12  Episode No 33

Arjun's office  - Mani comes, all dejected. Sharadha asks about the hospital visit. Mani says that he went there and totally dejected about the whole system. Like us, Sharadha also sees a totally different Mani – the usual flippant  , jovial Mani  is missing !! Sundaram's office. Nambi comes with some interesting news – Keshu's driver Velu's medical history – says that Velu has been taking a sleeping pill  - "  used as an antidepressant as well. He has been a chronic insomniac . I met the doctor who prescribed this for him. The doctor does not prescribe unless it is a must " Sundaram ponders " hmm, if he sleeps after taking the pill, it is fine..but if he drives?" Sundaram goes on to say that Neha has to be tutored " to face the PP " Gayathri comes in and tells Sundaram that she will assist him in Keshu's case. Both Nambi and Sundaram are very happy.

Now we know why that house owner Durairaj divides the rent in to his two pockets. He obviously has a second channel running. Usual "operation needling Mani " is on. Durairaj gets a call in his mobile and he is all sugar and honey – kisses the mobile et al.  Just then Channel 1 calls in the land line – Mani pOttu kuduthuttar – antha amma phone le seera…Durairaj thundai knaum thuniyai kanum nnu Odaraar.

Ram at work. His wife Anjali calls , asks him to take her out for dinner and Ram promptly refuses. Immediately after Shilpa calls and Ram accepts to meet her for dinner. Shilpa wants to be picked up and Ram obliges. Dinner is on. Shilpa nalla vazhiyara, semai conversation goes on.  Sundaram is busy, Gayathri comes and says that she wants to disturb him – asks a Q " why did you marry amma as a second wife? If you loved somebody a lot, bringing another person to that place must be unacceptable?" Sundaram says that he has felt guilty about that.  " When my first wife, Padma died, I became very lonely. Lost myself totally and worked like a bull to forget that sorrow. I realized that my kids were left alone mostly and I could not take care of them. That is when I asked your mom to marry me. I needed some one to support me and take care of the children.."

Freeze

Monday 24 / 9 / 12 Episode No 34

Father - daughter conversation continues. Sundaram says that he is lucky to get Vasugi as his second wife "you know, she even said that she does not want kids of her own lest she ignores Ram and Ashwin. I had to convince her and only then you were born. Unfortunately Ram does not appreciate the love Vasugi gives him " Gayathri says that Ram will come around. Mani is again alone in the office - power cut vera - the power cut gives him a new thought. he calls two people for some info. First call to find out the power cut timings in the hospital area where the baby was slaughtered. Second call to find out the capacity of the generator which caters to the main building of the hospital and mortuary. Rahul comes in to Ram's cabin and finds it empty. Decides to play a prank. Takes the intercom and calls Kothandam - imitates Ram's voice orders him to send some file , Goes out with a smug smile.

Court corridor. Sharadha is sitting outside. Another young advocate comes and asks about the hospital case. Warns her that the hospital will have political backing and might kill her case with money. Sharadha says that some body has to take up this case. Gayathri meets Neha - again inside a car . I dont understand this case. Looks like Neha married Velu before he died - Gayathri says that Velu wanted her to study "that is why he borrowed money and educated you. Think about your future. How long can you live with your brother?" - why every one meets this girl in a car? She has no home? Why cant she be called to the office? - like Mani says, I need more details about this case 😉  Ram is at his desk and some one delivers a file "Kothandam asked me to give it to you " Ram sees the file and chides Ko "why do you waste my time by sending unwanted files?" Rahul again has a smug smile. Coffee shop - Ashwin and Ram are having a nice brotherly chat. Ashwin says that Ram  looks very bright "any thing special?" Ram says that he is waiting for a special friend - well, no other than Shilpa. Both ram and Shilpa chat as if they are alone - oblivious to the fact that an embarrassed Ashwin is witnessing the conversation. Ashwin fidgets...

Freeze

Tuesday 26 / 9 / 12 Episode No 35

Sundaram is in the car with Keshu's son Dinesh. General talk about mom and Neha. Dinesh says that all are worried more about Neha . Goes on to say that his dad's BP is low. Sundaram asks him to tell Keshu Bhai to add more salt to his diet  - " that will get him out of the jail and to the hospital "  Ram is given another file from Kothandam – unasked file – Kothandam is given a dressing down.

Arjun is in his desk. A lady comes and says that she lost her son in an accident – " whatever is due to him is not settled by the post office. I have nothing else to live on " Arjun understands that the lady does not have any proof to show that he is her son. Promises to locate the birth certificate "will help you, do not worry "

Mani is near the hospital – waits at the small shop outside so that he can meet an attender  - asks the shop keeper about the power cut timings. Ram is in the car – Vazhiyal Shilpa calls and they plan to meet in the coffee shop.  While they are talking a fellow advocate comes . Ram introduces Shilpa as his client. Shilpa overrides his statement and tells the other advocate that she is not just a client " a special friend ..  close " After that guy leaves Ram chides her for making an open statement and Shilpa could not care less. Mani and Sharadha discuss about Mani's hospital visit . Sharadha has noted some points for the first hearing and Mani listens. Sharadha says that her main point is that the child's body was released only after two days.  Both decide to present this as a case of criminal negligence.

Sundaram's office – Nambi and Sundaram are discussing about a mining company's case. Ram is the one who handles that case but is not present for the discussions.  Sundaram comes to know that Ram has a  " Do not disturb " sign on his door. Sundaram is very angry and goes to Ram's cabin " I want you to come to my cabin…..NOW " Ram comes, Sundaram chides him for being unprofessional , Nambi feels uncomfortable and tries to excuse himself . Sundaram orders Nambi to stay "Nothing personal is on here, we are discussing a case " – angrily starts the discussion.

Freeze

Wednesday  26 /  9 / 12 Episode No 36

Keshu's son is at his desk. He gets a call - his dad is admitted in the hospital. He promptly calls Sundaram who promises to come to the hospital. All about Neha - she is outside the hospital room and her mother shouts at her for making all this trouble. Sundaram asks her to go and see her dad and she answers " I wont. I do not care " Sundaram takes this  opportunity to drill some sense in to that adamant girl . Quotes a few incidents where her dad went out of the way to take care of her "he did all that because he cares for you and you do not care? " Neha cries. Sundaram has a smug smile - knows that the girl will come around.

Mani on the phone with Sharadha - she laments about Arjun ignoring her. Mani pacifies her and says that Arjun will come to the court "if he can " - also calls Arjun to pacify - in vain. Neha comes in to see her dad - Neha cries, mom strokes her head - well, all is well here. Sundaram will get Keshu out, after all !!

Sharadha presenting her case " My client's child was admitted in that hospital for Dengu fever. The baby was in a serious condition during admission and died after 4 days. But the parents were not allowed to see the dead baby and the body was handed over to them only after 2 days. They found that the baby had bite marks . This is a case of sheer negligence . There should never be another case like this. My client should be compensated and justice should prevail "  Ram at work - he gets a voice message  - from Shilpa . Looks like Ram is avoiding her - she is very upset and tells him that she will die if he does not talk to her . She threatens that she will commit suicide "Dont think that I am blabbering some thing. I need you. I want to see you once...before I die "

Freeze

Thursday 27 / 9 / 12 Episode No 37

Ram calls Shilpa – wants to make up. But she is still livid. Says that she did not expect him to treat her like dust. Ram wants to meet her but Shilpa says that she is not in Madras. Ram hangs up. Sharadha's case is on. The defence lawyer says that  it is very unfortunate that baby Swathi died.  Goes on to say that hospital is not responsible for the death "the baby was brought in a  critical condition. The baby died and the body could not be handed over immediately as the staff  were on strike.  The press which had come to report the strike also reported Swathi's death. This hospital treats the poor  absolutely free. So, consumer law will not apply here. The parents are out to get money from the hospital, that's all " Sharadha interrogates the mortuary attendant and establishes that the mortuary doors will be open when the power goes off.

Gayathri informs Sundaram that a senior advocate Mr.Mohan is representing Keshu Bhai " all is well now. Neha has been convinced "  Sharadha interrogates Nurse Vimala who admitted Swathi. Vimala says that Swathi was admitted for Dengue fever "and no bite marks when she was admitted " Defence lawyer says that Vimala was the fag end of her duty " You must have been in a hurry to note such details?" Vimala says that she can not do a haphazard job as she is in ICU. Sharadha questions the doctor who treated Swathi first. He says that the child did not have any wounds . Sharadha calls the doctor of the ICU and  says "both the doctor who treated Swathi first and your own nurse Vimala say that the child had no wounds while admission. How did those wounds happen?" ICU doctor says that the wounds could be due to infection "we treated them also "

Sundaram comes to Dinesh's office – tutoring Neha happens. Sundaram teaches her to handle Janardhanam, the PP. Tells her that the PP will be very angry that she changed her stand. Tutors her to handle all the questions. Gayathri is also present.  Neha seems to have got the whole thing.

Freeze

Friday 28 / 9 / 12 Episode No 38

Will be brief

Sharadha wins her case. 2 Lakhs compensation is given.

Neha on stand. PP bombards her saying that she has signed the complaint. To which she answers that the police took some signatures from her to release Velu's body - "plain paper le sign vaanginaanga. I have no idea as to what they wrote in that " PP says that Neha has changed her stand and so wants her to be announced as "hostile "

Will fill in detail when I find more time, sorry folks