Sur Kshetra

Pronunciation

amina.ahmedraza thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

First of all i am not bashing Asha jee .. she did a small mistake which in future can have a negetive impact on one's singing! 

When Roona Laila suggested Indrani about Pronunciation aspect of singing .. i wonder why Asha jee commented this as avoidable. Asha Jee is one of senior singers and considered as respected one in both countries .. she do understand the importance of how much it is important to voice the words in correct tone .. roona jee was giving her the required feedback   which could have helped indrani to improve but due to asha jee's childish behavior she may now ignore this point. I am calling it childish act because this truly the one! Roona jee was not misguiding her she was infact doing teh right thing ... Asha jee said one of the Pakistani contestant not to be over confident .. she should realize that what she herself committed .. just in ego mislead the new singer...  trust me i believe however aman misbehaved with atif could be the result of this attitude of Asha jee ... 

and yes there is one topic about himesh and asha jee .. i must say Himesh is not this much over confident or misbehaving or using words wars as much as asha jee is doing .. respect for Himesh .. both he and Atif are doing good job👍🏼 ! 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Maha- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I am watching  Indian reality shows from 3-4 years.Watched Indian idol twice and i clearly remember Javaid akher always emphasized on the importance of pronunciation.He used to correct the contestants.Not only him i remember in last year's choty ustaad Sonu nigam criticized a girl and asked her to improve. I was so shocked when Asha ji said It doesnt matter.I dunno whats happening in this show.LOL
Even i did not find anything wrong in himesh attitude.Atif is showing more attitude than him
Edited by -Maha- - 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: -Maha-

I am watching  Indian reality shows from 3-4 years.Watched Indian idol twice and i clearly remember Javaid akher always emphasized on the importance of pronunciation.He used to correct the contestants.Not only him i remember in last year's choty ustaad Sonu nigam criticized a girl and asked her to improve. I was so shocked when Asha ji said It doesnt matter.I dunno whats happening in this show.LOL
Even i did not find anything wrong in himesh attitude.Atif is showing more attitude than him

She said new singers they dont bother about the pronunciation well in comparison to her at least Sonu Nigham is quite new .. this is was a funny comment ... or probably she is too much in her ego that she even being a senior ready to avoid this mistake   
show is iteslf nuts wth 
shim_ca thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

i am equally surprised and shocked seeing the comment of asha bhosle. a seasoned singer like her should not avoid this vital point in singing. runa laila has same status in this jury board as her. she should not criticize another jury's comment. 

This content was originally posted by: shim_ca

i am equally surprised and shocked seeing the comment of asha bhosle. a seasoned singer like her should not avoid this vital point in singing. runa laila has same status in this jury board as her. she should not criticize another jury's comment. 

I guess she is thinking that she is the one who is superior in comparison to the rest of two singers .. despite of the fact that the rest of two has huge fan following 
Edited by amina.ahmedraza - 11 years ago
SaDDaM.. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
When Himesh Said the Same Thing To mulazim husain .
At That time she didn't Said Chalta hai 
" I Wonder Really Ye Aman ki Asha Hai "
maryamz47 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: SaDDaM..

When Himesh Said the Same Thing To mulazim husain .
At That time she didn't Said Chalta hai 
" I Wonder Really Ye Aman ki Asha Hai "

ya right...she is being too "PARTIAL"
Anondo.R thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Yes, I was shocked too  It was Awkward !!  Runa Laila is absolutely right, Indrani should work on her Pronunciation. Judges can't skip the vital part like Pronunciation. can they? 😕
Mia1love thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
 I agree with you , Pronunciation should be taken into consideration because an important part of singing.. 
 And Asha ji was wrong on her part. If she can criticize Sara for her Bad Hindi . then  Runa Ji can criticize Indrani for her Bad Urdu .. 

However.. one problem arises 

Hindi words, Urdu words both  should be Pronounced properly . 
 Indrani - said the waqt like how most indians say it . So how should the word be pronounced like an indian , a Pakistani or An Arab  ? 

Waqt is an Arabic word . and Neither  Pakistani Or Indian Pronounce the word properly . so now  Should Yemeni or Egyptian ( since they have the most pure Arabic) be assigned to teach them ... 

if they set a standard it must apply to all areas. Urdu , Hindi, English and Arabic is being butchered left and right  on that stage.  lack of pronunciation and annunciation is not acceptable in Singing. 
Edited by Mia1love - 11 years ago