Posted: 11 years ago
Hello everyone! :) 

Yes, I realise I have an ongoing FF that I started just yesterday, but I'd written one in the Dill Mill Gayye forum, and I thought I'd edit it to suit Panchi-Ranveer :) 

Suggestions and comments are more than welcome!

It's gonna be a 3-4 shot, so let me know what you think! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Moti, 
I'm so sorry I haven't seen you at all after the sangeet yesterday, and if I know you, you'd be pretty angry with me by now, but I just need you to forgive me just this once, and pleeease do as this letter asks you to! Could you do that for me? The instructions are on the attached piece of paper. If you are in a total dilemma, I'll help you out. Moti, you're my best friend and there's no way I'd hurt you, so please can you do as this letter asks, and I'll tell you all about why you've not seen me since yesterday. 

I Scout's Honor it! :) 

Love,
Nonu :)

Panchi Roy must have read that letter and the attached piece of paper about 5 times, expecting to find a little clue as to what her best friend, might be talking about. Something. Anything. But she got to the same conclusion that she had gotten after reading the letter the first four times. Ranveer Shergill had gone crazy! 

Come on, seriously! There was absolutely NO other explanation as to why her best friend would act weird after the sangeet of KD and Kiya, -the other two that complete the gang- not see her all of today, and then all of a sudden write her this very weird and completely senseless note.

The piece of paper attached to the back asked her to do certain things. One was to make sure everything was ready for the ceremonies that were to take place today, before the wedding which was tomorrow. The second thing was to get dressed in something nice, whatever she liked, and be at the given address at seven thirty in the evening. She turned around so fast to look at the clock hanging on the wall that she thought she might have pulled a muscle or two in her neck. It was only six, which meant that she had an hour and a half to be where the piece of paper asked her to be. Then as she was thinking all of this, another thought crossed her mind. What if this was all a prank? She grimaced as she thought of the prank she'd pulled on him at the sangeet yesterday. Why did she have to go and hide his favourite sherwani in the girls changing rooms? "But his face later when he was kicked out was priceless! Poor Nonu, must have been what? 2 hours before he finally could go in without risking lots of punches coming his way" She began to laugh and pace in her room.

She didn't notice the door opening and neither did she notice a very confused Kiya looking at her as she moved her head along with Panchi's pacings.

"Stop! Enough Panchi! I think I'm gonna get dizzy now! Why on Earth are you pacing up and down? Are you okay? Because you only pace when you're nervous. Are you nervous? Because I could call KD. Should I call him? Oh and where is Bhai? AAARGH, why does he always have to disappear when all of us are looking for him? And WHY are you looking at me like that?"

As soon as Kiya stopped, Panchi couldn't stop the bubble of laughter erupting within her. She and Kiya Gujral had been best friends ever since she could remember. Even when Panchi moved, all four of them kept in touch and would regularly talk. She was so glad to move back to India. She'd missed it. She'd missed everything about it. Especially the three people that she couldn't dream of living without. Kiya was the chatterbox of the group. She was the one that filled life and enthusiasm into every conversation, every party, and every person. She had changed a LOT since high school. She had detached from her mother completely and had become her own person.

"Kiya, I love you, but you need to slow down okay? I'm pacing up and down because of this" Panchi chuckled while showing Kiya the letter and continued "And there's no need of calling Bhai. I'm fine, and he must be super busy too, and about YOUR bhai? Don't even ask! I'm so mad at him! Confused too, just read the letter and you'd know too. I mean, I've not seen him since the sangeet yesterday, and then I get this really weird letter today, and what if it's a prank?"

Before Kiya could reply, Keshav Desai, KD, Kiya's fiance, and the fourth link of the group came into the room "Where the hell is that stupid pig? I'm going to hit him on the head, I swear! I can't believe he'd just disappear like that! He should be here! And what are you two reading?"

"Nothing Bhai, read it and Kiya'll explain, while I freak out some more okay?" Panchi replies coolly and wait for Kiya to show KD, as in the person she considered to be like her older brother, and the same goes with Kiya and Ranveer, she did just what she'd said. She started to freak out. 

"I'm so sure it's a prank. That guy never understands what to do and when. I'll hit him the next time I see him too. It's been long since that's happened."

Panchi continued her pacing and completely missed the smiles that KD and Kiya give one another after they'd finished reading the letter.

"Golu, I think you should go." Panchi was so sure that by this point, her jaw had hit the floor, and she stared at both KD and Kiya.

"What? WHAT? Are you guys insane? Don't you think it's a prank? GUYS, COME ON! You know Nonu!" She says exasperatedly, sensing that they were totally missing the point here.

"Exactly, Golu, we know Ranveer, and hence, we know that he's not going to prank you or anything. I mean seriously, if he had to, he'd have done so in the house na? Why would there be a specific time and place?" KD said again, trying to make his little sister like best friend see some sense. Any at all.

Panchi almost screamed at this point, didn't they watch movies? This is where the prank bit comes in, duh! And when she said this to them, they just laughed. Laughed! At her face!

"Come on Golu, do you really think Nonu is gonna do that? I mean really? Don't think too much Panchi, you know he'd never hurt you. Ever."

Panchi decides to think about that one, and realizes that they're right. Ranveer would never hurt her. She trusted him more than anything. "But, um, what did we decide on the prank matter huh? Meh, I guess only time's gonna tell." And with that thought, she decided to kick both KD and Kiya, who were speaking sweet nothings in each others' ears, leaving her with no other choice!

As soon as she slammed the door, she opened it again in a flash, and laughed when she saw KD and Kiya looking confused. She took Kiya's arm and pulled her into the room and faced KD. 

"Sorry Bhai, I've got to steal Kiya away from you for a little while, we've got some work to do" and she closes the door when she hears KD chuckling and muttering and leaving them to do their work- whatever THAT was. 

...to be continued...

Edited by CutielovesChocs - 11 years ago
Hero - Part 2

As soon as the door closed, Panchi faced Kiya and went into a full panic mode. "Kiya, I don't know what to do? I mean, I know it's probably not going to be a prank, but I don't know if you've noticed, but he's been acting like, uh, weirdly?..."

Kiya was so amused by this point that she made no attempt to stop Panchi. She knew exactly what her best friend was talking about and decided to let her get everything off her chest. Her brother like best friend, Ranveer, had confided everything to her and KD. They knew exactly what his plan was. Now the only thing remaining was to get Panchi there.

" I mean, it's like he makes me feel so special with all his comments and those little things that he does makes me want to believe in him, but Kiya, what if he's just flirting, and it's just a game? I mean, I know I shouldn't be thinking like that, but it's making me worried. I love it when he says all that, and I really hope he means it. Like just two days ago, we were joking about, and then he got serious and said 'you're one of the best things in my life', and I nearly cried right there, and I would be shattered if he didn't mean it, and-"

Kiya watched the numerous emotions zoom across her best friends face, and she knew it was time to say something. "Panchi, listen to me. Ranveer is an amazing guy, and our best friend. More to you, than us, we all know that. You admitted that he'd never hurt you. He'd never do anything if he knew it would cause you any sort of pain. It sounds cheesy, but it's true. And you remember what he'd said? He'd stop flirting if he'd found his 'one'? His girl? I'm sorry I can't say anything more, but think about it, Golu, and for once, listen to your heart, and not your head."

Panchi stood there stunned and let her mind go over Kiya's words. There wasn't a single thing to doubt in whatever Kiya had said. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Panchi took a deep breath and smiled. "You're right Kiya, you're totally and completely right."

Kiya hugged the petite girl standing in front of her- her best friend, the person who'd been through everything with her, besides KD and Ranveer. They were inseparable, and they knew it. "Okay, enough of the senti-ness. Let's get this show on the road. Clothes? Hmm, I'm raiding your closet right now."

On that note, Kiya did just what she'd said, and Panchi watched amazed as her best friend discarded outfit after outfit to pick the 'perfect one' for the evening. In the end, which was after half an hour, they decided on a white dress with straps that had a navy blue belt strap along the waist.

"Panchi looked at the clock and went "AAAH! Oh no no no!!! Kiya, I have only an hour to reach there! You realize that don't you? And NO! I haven't even gotten time to get ready and be there on time! Kiyaaa, we weren't supposed to take so long! Now what? Huh? Hmm? Huh? Hmm?"

Kiya just laughed and said, "Meri maa, chill okay? KD's there na? And don't you trust his driving skills?" When Panchi looked positively terrified, Kiya just couldn't take it anymore and fell on the bed laughing her with her hand on her stomach to stop her non- stop laughter. Panchi stood there tapping her foot impatiently until Kiya sat up with her legs folded yoga style and finally managed to say "Oh man, I'm so sorry Golu! Even I don't trust his driving skills but, tell me if I'm wrong, he always gets you at places on time, by hook or crook, right?" Panchi couldn't deny this, and nodded while finally giving into the grin that was forcing its way out on her face.

"Okay chica, let's get down to some real work now" Kiya said in a businesslike tone and made Panchi get dressed and then got onto working on her hair. She tied it some of the strands in a little clip, and let most of it loose because she knew that her Bhai liked Panchi's hair loose like that. He said it made her look gorgeous. With only 15 minutes to go, Panchi was ready and was a bundle of nerves.

"Kiya, what if this is all wrong? What if I get hurt? What if this is a prank? What if I'm expecting too much, and something that's not gonna happen? "

Kiya sighed and said "Chica, this is all in your head, and hence the too many "what ifs". You know Bhai would never hurt you like that, you know it better than anyone else. And trust me Panchi you're gonna be fine! Just trust me!"

These words comforted Panchi more than she could have thought. She smiled at Kiya and hugged her.

"Your chauffeur is here at your service, behnaa. Bolo kahaan chalna hai?" The two women broke out of their hug just to see KD leaning against the door, in his leather jacket and twiddling his keys on his finger. Panchi heard Kiya mutter "Oh my God, can he look any better?" and then added in a louder tone "Oye mister Keshav Desai, you're dropping Golu and coming right back, dinner remember?" and smiled dreamily.

Everyone grinned and Panchi took a deep breath before replying, "Let's go, Bhai"

---
to be continued! :)

Hero - Part 3

All through the journey, Panchi was unusually quiet. KD, sensing this, started out suddenly, "Dekh Behnaa, I know ki agar maine is surprise ke baare mein kuch bhi bola, to mera hone waala saala, as in Kiya ka bhai, woh lallu, as in KD, mujhe nahi chhodega, but being YOUR bhai, I gotta say something and it is this. Kiya's asked you to go with your heart with this one and trust her, right? Well, I'd do the same! Look Golu, we all know each other ever since we could walk! Despite the little 40000 miles or whatever that came in when you moved, we know each other as well as we know ourselves. And trust me; you're going to be just fine, okay baby sis'?

Panchi smiled at the little pep talk and replied with a "Yes, big brother!" The two siblings like friends shared a grin and finally, after what seemed ages to Panchi, they finally arrived at their destination. KD cut the engine and looked at Panchi with a small smile.

"Well Behnaa, this is your stop, and I shall take your leave now, warna mera hone waala saala, aur Kiya, dono meri band bajaa denge!" He added looking a teeny bit worried

Panchi burst out laughing at KD's expressions! "Bhai, go, seriously! Otherwise, Kiya'll not only take your case, but mine too!"

KD grinned and said, "Good luck, sis', and if anything, I'm just a phone call away, you know that, right?"

Panchi hugged KD and went "Uhm, I have his letter, so I should be fine for the time being, but yes, I know that and I'll be okay! Thanks Bhai, and have a good time with Kiya!"

With that brief hug, KD drove off to his dinner that he had planned specially for Kiya, which only Panchi knew about. Watching his car drive away, Panchu smiled and wished every happiness in the world to KD and Kiya, the two people that meant the world to her and were always there for her.

Speaking of the two people that meant the world to her, she was immediately brought back to reality, clutching Ranveer's letter tightly in her hand, in the middle of nowhere, if she said so herself.

She looked around her for some clues but it was all to no avail. She found herself stuck in the middle of a meadow or woodland, she couldn't make out what it exactly was, that lead to a thick jungle, or so she thought. She looked at the letter she was holding and read the paper for some hint as to where she should go.

"Stupid Ranveer! Surprise? Surprise, my foot! I mean at least koi hint to deni chahiye! Now what am I going to do?" As she stood there muttering to herself, and cursing Ranveer, not taking her eyes off the letter, she suddenly felt a light from something that could possibly a torch fall on the letter. It seemed to be coming from behind the trees that marked the big open space of the woodland or a meadow.

She decided to follow her instinct just like both KD and Kiya had said and started to walk in the direction of the torch light. That certainly didn't mean that she wasn't scared. All throughout her little walk across the meadow, she kept mumbling, "Oh dear God! Please, please don't let this be anything scary! I mean, normally this is the part where a really evil looking guy jumps out from behind the trees and laughs mockingly at you, and - oh dear! What am I going to do? Nonu, you just wait till I find you!"

Panchi kept on walking and finally reached the area where the light was coming from, and what she saw, took her breath away- literally, for a few seconds. There was a lake which looked breathtaking in the moonlight, and she was standing on a picnic type area, where a few meters away, a picnic had been set up and on a few trees, there were red and white ribbons. Panchi looked stunned, and looked around frantically for the amazing guy who was waiting for her and who did everything she was looking at, just for her.

Suddenly, she heard music coming from behind a tree, and she finally saw him. Coming out from behind a tree trunk with the torch in his hand, wearing a white shirt and dark blue jeans, and sporting that dimpled smile she loved and thought was just for her. It was then that she noticed the guitar in his hand and the accompanied music coming from a CD player. When she recognized the song, she nearly had tears in her eyes. How could a guy be so perfect? He came right up to her and whispered "let me be your hero" and took a few steps behind again, still wearing that smile of his.

Let me be your hero 

Would you dance if I asked you to dance?   Panchi smiled and nodded sweetly
Would you run and never look back? Panchi shook her head vigorously
Would you cry if you saw me crying? Innocently Panchi nodded her head yet again
Would you save my soul tonight? Ranveer was again greeted with a nod and a smile 

Would you tremble if I touched your lips? Panchi blushed and and nodded sweetly 
Would you laugh? Oh please tell me this  At this point, he walked towards her again and sang the next few lines
Now would you die for the one you love? Panchi was quick to put her hand over his mouth to stop him from even saying such a thing. Ranveer smiled under her palm and kissed it.
Hold me in your arms tonight

I can be your hero baby 
I can kiss away the pain 
I will stand by you forever 
You can take my breath away
 Panchi smiled at the chorus and her heart melted even more, if that was possible.

Would you swear that you'll always be mine? Panchi smiled and nodded sweetly again, now her smile widening 
Would you lie would you run and hide? Panchi looked scandalized at the thought and shook her head vigorously
Am I in too deep? 
Have I lost my mind?
 Panchi just kept shaking her head, making Ranveer smile.

I don't care, you're here tonight 

I can be your hero baby 
I can kiss away the pain 
I will stand by you forever 
You can take my breath away 

Panchihad always secretly wanted that when she found her guy, her 'the one', Mr. Right, he would sing this song to her, and when she heard the first few words, she fell even harder for her best friend, right there. She'd always wanted to nod and make the appropriate gestures when the questions were asked in the song.  Also, it was an added bonus that her 'the one' could sing amazingly, and managed to sweep her off her feet with the song, which sounded so much like the actual version, she couldn't tell them apart.

As the song ended, Ranveer walked up to her, and took the guitar and set it aside by the picnic basket.

He smiled softly and started, "Panchi, you remember how I told you quite a while ago, that I'm gonna flirt till I find my girl? My Ms. Right?"

Panchi nodded, and let him continue before jumping into any conclusions. "And you remember how I told you that once I find her; all my comments are going to be right from here? He pointed to his heart and looked at Panchi again.

Panchi sucked in a breath and nodded once more. "Panchi, I know that my past record with girls hasn't been amazing, but you know that I never hurt anyone and all those girls didn't mean anything and nothing got serious between any of them; even they know that. And guess what? I found my girl - my Ms. Right. I have, for quite a while now, and all the comments I make are straight from here." He pointed once again to his heart and started speaking again.

"When I told you that you were one of the best things in my life, I meant it. It came from here" Once again, his hand pointed towards his heart. Panchi took a huge gulp and sucked in a breath and couldn't speak when Ranveer asked, "Now can you guess who my girl is? My Ms. Right that I've been waiting for since, forever?"

Ranveer chuckled when she didn't respond, and went even closer to her and whispered, "Moti, it would help if you let out the breath that you've been holding for so long." This seemed to work and she slowly released the air from her lungs and nodded.  

Ranveer smiled and held her face in his hands. "Really? Who is it then?"  Panchi sensed the mischievous tone in his voice, and replied back with the same mischievousness in her tone and said, "Um, wouldn't it be better if you let her know yourself?" Ranveerlaughed breathily and said, "That would be the best thing to do, I suppose. Panchi, ever since we were five, you've been my pillar of strength, my best friend, someone who puts a smile on my face whenever I'm low, and who believes in me no matter what. I guess what I'm trying to say is, that I didn't see what was right in front of me before, and I didn't say it all because I was too much of a chicken to do so. You're her Panchi. You're my forever, my Ms. Right.

I'I love you. Will you let me be your hero?" He finished with a chuckle and Panchi had to grin despite the tears that had formed in her eyes.

"I love you too, Ranveer! I guess you've said whatever I wanted to say in that amazing speech of yours, so I guess I'll just have to ask you one little thing. Forever, Mr. Right?"

Ranveer's smile widened and he replied with, "Forever it is, Ms. Right! Or wait, is it Mrs. Right?"

Panchi gasped and hit his chest with her palms as he chuckled softly. She caught onto his smirk and said, "Whatever it may be, as long as it is me, I don't really mind!"

Ranveer grinned and hugged her tight, never wanting to let go. He whispered "Always you, Panchi, always and forever"

He thought he heard her mumble something in his chest and asked her," What was that, Moti?"

Panchi looked up at him from where her face was buried in his chest and said "Thanks Ranveer, for making this moment so memorable. By the way, how did you know about the song and everything?"

Ranveer grinned and said, "Just for you, Moti. And as for the song, KD and Kiya zindabaad! Speaking of whom, we should really call and tell them; otherwise I'll be dead meat!"

Panchi's mouth was wide open in shock as she said, "THEY KNEW ABOUT THIS?"

Ranveer closed Panchi's open jaw and said, "Yes, they did, and had it not been for them, this moment wouldn't have been as memorable as it is right now, so we owe the picnic idea to them."

Panchi smiled and said, "I love you guys, seriously! I really don't know what I'd do without you guys being in my life"

Ranveer chuckled and said, "That's easy, your life wouldn't be as awesome as it is now, without our even more awesome personalities"

Panchi laughed and said, "Given! I love you, Nonu!"

Ranveer hugged her tighter and gave a kiss on her forehead whispering, "I love you too, Moti!"

The end

TA-DA!!

Let me know how you guys like it! :)

Loved it :)

Pm me whn u Update Next
Originally posted by kittu_arsha

Loved it :)

Pm me whn u Update Next

Hey there!

Thank you SO much! Your review means a lot! I shall definitely PM you ! :)
Sounds really interesting :) Please pm me when you update! 😊
Originally posted by deepa101

Sounds really interesting :) Please pm me when you update! 😊

Thank you!

And yes, I most definitely will! :)
All parts have been updated!

Let me know how you guys like the OS! :)

Cheers!
oh freak whatn an ss i justloved it i loved the way  showed the moti-kiya n KD ka bond just loved it the way they encouraged he to go n the nervousness panchi had was amazing i loved ity all parts were awesome n the last one was amazing i loved it do write moe ff's loved it
It was The Best SS on RaHi i Read Till Date !

n I MeaN It !

Write More Of It..

m soo Much in Love with RaHi after Tjis !

Awww..The Confession was ssooo Cute..

Everything Was PERFECT I'd Say ! :)

Do Write More.. :)