Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shreya2094 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
OMG tragic past...!!!๐Ÿ˜ฒcurious for the nxt update...plz do update soon๐Ÿ˜Šloved this one๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
eshaa_avrc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Recap: Purvi's past out in the open, Purvi swears to ruin Arjun
Chapter 6: Wild Goose Chases
March 25, 2012: ADK Industries, Mumbai, 9:45 a.m.
Tap. Tap. Tap, tap, tap. Tap, tap. Tappidy-tap.
The constant sound of Riya's pencil tapping her desk was eventually going to drive me crazy. Honestly. Somewhere in me, a rage of annoyance was starting to get to my head. But then fear crept up on me too soon. I had no guts to even talk to Riya after the scene back home. I had no direction in my life'just to go and give the best... I guess.
Riya: Mmm, Arjun? When's the 30th?
Arjun: Today's the 25th... So then Saturday. Why?
Riya: Hmm? Nothing' Just wondering.
The rage and fear played tug-of-war inside me again. Fear won. So Riya continued to tap. Tap, Tap... Tap. Then hope came out to play. Hope told me that it wished someone would walk through that door and stop the tapping before I drowned.
(Purvi jolts in the room. 9:54 a.m.)
I speak too soon.
Purvi: Sir, here's everything you asked for, including the future events that are lined up.
Arjun: (looks the files over) Okay... Hmmm? So we don't have any pending contracts needed to be signed?
Purvi: No sir. They had been wrapped up previously, all we have are two ongoing projects.
Arjun: Good. Clean slate. The way I need it.
Purvi: Is there anything else?
Arjun: Nope.
Purvi: How about how employee schedules need to be fixed, software needing to be updated, or even the monitoring systems-
Arjun: Um, excuse me, but I said I don't need you. If I did, I would have given you work; or told you about something. But did I?
Purvi: No sir. I was just trying to make sure that we were on track-
Arjun: No need, Miss Deshmukh. I'm not a child. I can handle finding these things out for myself. You may leave now.
Purvi: Okay sir.
This' girl. Annoying, acts too smart around others, and thinks she's the boss. Hmmph. I wonder what the previous boss did. Apparently nothing. I'll show her. I'll show her very well. She won't do my job for me; I won't rely on her. Goodbye, Miss Deshmukh-- you're leaving soon. I swear.
March 25, 2012: Karanjkar Chawl, Mumbai, 10:00 a.m.
                Aai...Purvi. Purvi... Aai. The only two people in my life that I'll possibly ever care for; I needed to know. I needed to know if she was alright. Only option... These were the repetitive thoughts that went through my mind.  Here Aai was in front of me, sobbing her eyes out-- and then the door. Someone was in the house' I could feel it. How would I prove it though? More importantly who was here? Neighbors are usually loud when they come in, usually yelling "Archana beta! Soham!"  while Purvi was at work. So who was it? Aside from that: how would I know? I let go of Aai's hand; though she didn't notice, and took off to the living room. I had my pocket knife.
                I got to the living room; no one there. Kitchen? Empty. Sunroom? Khallas. Door? Wide open. I took the quick lunge to the door and threw it open. The knife in my hand now. No one was on the porch. I step quickly down the steps;that's when I see it. The sandles. The little dress. The laughter. The man. I knew them both. I knew who they were. I also knew that they were who I was looking for. Aai had come outside now-- face all red from crying. She looked confused, but I had no time to explain. I hid the pocketknife and hopped on Laila. They had just sped away in a jeep. I followed suit; leaving Aai behind in a cloud of confusion and dust.
March 25, 2012: ADK Industries, Mumbai, 1:00 p.m.
                I didn't know if I could type any faster. I did know that this arrogant boss of mine wasn't gonna let me off the hook so easily. I had two more presentations to type. Each would take a couple of hours. Great.  So much for getting in and getting out. Did I mention that Sir had lined up three presentation back to back tomorrow?
                Well, I was almost done with this one when Miss Riya came to me; her signature smile plastered on her face. She looked like a runaway runway model; she didn't look like she wanted to work in a business. I guess that's what happens when you're born in a family with a profession. Maybe my real family was in business too'I mean, Aai never worked; and my Baba and Dada were both mechanics' at least I think he was. Baba I mean.
                Anyhow, she was wearing a long sleeve black button up'the top two buttons were unbuttoned and she wore a visible undershirt. She had on black skinny jeans, and wore those heels that models would wear on a ramp. Her hair was curled and managed to fall perfectly around her face. She reminded me of Priyanka Chopra in the movie Fashion. I mean, both of them had brown hair'
Riya: Purvi? I've been trying to get your attention for a while now'
Purvi: Huh? Oh, I'm super sorry Miss Riya...I got... lost.
Riya: I could tell. I'm here to apologize.
Purvi: For?
Riya: Well, it's just that I've never seen Arjun so worked up about... something. He looks like something's been nagging him ever since the morning we left for India. I guess that's why he's been so rough on you. Just know that I finished a presentation for you; so now you have one less to do.
Purvi: Miss Riya! You didn't have to, I mean, I...
Riya: It's honestly okay Purvi. It's the least I can do on behalf of Arjun's behavior.
Purvi: Thanks. That helps a lot Miss Riya. I haven't been having a good day. Not because of work at all'its just'. Other stuff.
Riya: I could tell. You're welcome Purvi. By the way, you don't have to call me Miss. I prefer Riya.
Purvi: Ok M-- Riya.
Riya: (laughs) Bye
How can they be related in any way? I was shocked when she told me she finished that presentation for me' I  feel guilty for lying to her though. But how could I tell her that the reason I was freaking out was because of her-- and her brother-- and life!?
March 25th, 2012: Mumbai, 5:00 p.m.
I had been driving around for more than 6 hours. But I found it. I found her. Purvi's angel-- and Purvi's devil. I hopped back on Laila and managed to go back home in one piece. I gave Purvi a huge hug. She was smiling. Just on the outside though.
March 25th, 2012: Deshmukh Hotel, 8:00 p.m.
Teju: Sachin Dada! Dada!
Sachin: Calm down Teju! What!
Teju: Where's Baba?
Sachin: He's asleep. He's had a long day at work. And he hardly got sleep the night beforw with all the events going on.
Teju: Good. Did you ask Riya?
Sachin: What? About Saturday?
Teju: Yes!!!
Sachin: Pipe down! Why are you so excited? She just said she remembered and that she would make sure Arjun was there.
Teju: Good! I want Baba to be really happy. It's his birthday, and he's going to have the most amazing surprise party ever! Other than Arjun, Riya, and a couple of his friends... Who else do we invite?
Sachin: Co-workers?
Teju: Good idea. I'll tell Riya about it tomorrow... she can invite everyone.
Sachin: Fine by me. :)

Precap: Teju talking to Arjun over the phone, Purvi talking to Soham, Soham goes back to the mysterious place

How was it? Please comment and like!!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Edited by omg11apiz - 11 years ago
-LiveLaughLove- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing dear!! Im really interested about where Soham went... Im glad you are bringing back the old office scenes๐Ÿ˜ƒ
But it brings tears to my eyes because of Purvi's past...
Continue the good work dear! Update soon!
NadaCinta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

What a wonderful update Esha ๐Ÿ˜Š

The office scene was so good as I'm missing it a lot. I liked the tap tap tap tappidy tap. So cute. Wondering where did Soham go. There is so much to look forward to as to why Arjun is behaving like that, how's Purvi going to handle the situation, Manav's birthday party etc. Wow, I'm so excited...

Looking forward to your next update soon. 
Edited by NadaCinta - 11 years ago
-Latty- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
it was an amazing update esha...i loved it... ARVI convo was superb... looking forward to the next part...:) thanx for the pm...:)
howler thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Loved it...do continue soon and pls pm me the next one...please...

*edited*

I'm sooo sorryyy...I know I haven't replied for most of your chapter..that is why I'm replying it starting form chap.6...๐Ÿ˜Š 

My POV, Arjun was a little rude to Purvi actually...She was only trying to help rite, but still he was rude, anyways he was in his AK mood rite...๐Ÿ˜‰Lets see how he sends her off, as far as I know, Purvi would never leave, not so soon..๐Ÿ˜†

Who was the person who came in the house, hmmm, that is something to think about...*go into thinking mood*

Riya is so kind, from the description you have wrote, I can literary imagine her in my head..

Can't wait to read more of it...so please continue...
Edited by Angelfreak_96 - 11 years ago
arjunaluis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Hei Esha,

Amazing update...๐Ÿ˜ƒ i love the office scenes, at least we get to read them here...where did Soham go to? update soon...
AnAvidReader thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
heyy esha..this part was superb
love these office scenes...thanks for bringing those memories back..and ria is supersweet..
wonder where soham went ..do update soon..
ProngsPadsMoony thumbnail
nice update esha

thanks for pm
eshaa_avrc thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks to all of u who've been reading! Your comments make writing this story even more enjoyable!!! :D ๐Ÿค—
-EshaEdited by omg11apiz - 11 years ago