-Stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

WASS UP ROYALSSS??!

Hie my dear lovely forum mates. I am here with the

DISSCUSION OF THE WEEK 2

First of all I would like to say a big sorry for being so late in starting DOTW. I have been swamped because of the Ganesh festival and all my relatives barging on m y place and college didn't give me any free time to do this.

So let me begin with what I have got to discuss. Is it possible to fall in love virtually? I.e. is it possible to fall in love over with someone over the net?

Last week we saw Ranveer's online girlfriend Ayesha and many of us including me were disgusted because of her. I was wondering to myself how a self respecting girl can be ever involved with a guy who she has met on the internet. But as soon as this thought came into my head I realized do know at least 3 people in real life that are in a relationship with someone they met on the net! It got me thinking is it possible to fall in love virtually with a person whom you know nothing about? These days we use the net for everything second thing. I am glued to the net on my phone wherever I go! If we want to decide on what restaurant to eat we search the net. We book movie tickets on the net. We go shopping on the net. We read the news on the net. We keep track of our friend's life over the net.

So why not fall in love over the net?

This is something that confuses me a lot. An obvious reason against virtual love is that we don't know that person. He is nothing but a name and a chat id to us. The person behind that name could be totally different from what he presents to be before us. It is so easy for a person to fool someone over the internet. I am sure many of us have come across such cases or have at least heard about them. As I was confused over this topic, I decided to ask a friend who has been in a relationship with a guy who she met over the net. She said to me that it doesn't matter if the person is right besides us or on a computer screen in front of us, if we do have the spark , the chemistry and understand each other well and trust each other , nothing else matters. She and her boyfriend (who works in Goa and she lives in Mumbai) are happy with each other. They go on Skype dates, watch movies together online and sometimes meet in real life whenever they can make time. And trust me when I say this SHE IS HAPPY!

So what do you guys think? Is it possible to fall in love virtually? Do share your opinions with me.

Lots of love

Shweta😉

Edited by missscarlet - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aashi_arsha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Well These Stuffs happens a lot these days !
And srsly many ARE vry happy in These relationships !
Yes One can Fall in luv Virtually
But I Personally dont think this kinda love lasts for long
-Stardust- thumbnail
Same here :D . Personally i would never even think about getting into a relationship over the net. But as u said ppl are actually very happy in relationships made over the net.
-Alia- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
I think we should not love virtually.
Cause even me, When i speak i am another person and when i type i am another.
I mean the way i speak, the English and all, it makes me look funny-weird and all...
But when i type i type neatly and briefly which makes me look different from my original character.

I don't mind if someone is in love with someone virtually, but u can't trust them.
I mean they are not always with you right? He/she could be doing the same thing to other person.

But as you said, your friend is happy with that guy, so yeah its her life let her live it but what i think is we should not do that.
Why date someone virtually when u can meet hot guys in the real world. x)

snowflake. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Interesting topic ðŸ˜›

well, i feel love doesnt need presence but yes when the term virtual is added to anything i guess extra care should be taken... love is a kind of friendship (to me ðŸ˜†) so if you can get attached to people over net (like, we make friends on IF, twitter ðŸ¤¡) then i dont think love is an impossible thing either.

RKDramebaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Virtual love in my opinion couldn't be classified as real. The term Virtual itself throws back the illusionary aspect of such things. 
If you are going to fall in love, you need to know the person in and out. You could easily lie on cyber world and the person would believe through the emoticons and words. Love needs to be specified by expressions and spoken words. :)

Solely my opinion.
-Stardust- thumbnail
@kishaforever: You brought out a very important point. Yes, most of us arent us when we type.
@anchal: You are also correct. It is very easy to get attached to anyone these days. Like we make friends on IF without even knowing the other person's name.
@prachi: your opinion is what i did ask right? I am giving out an impression that i am for virual love? No dear m not taking any sides. I decided to write about both the coin and leave it to you guys to give your opinions about it:)
-Stardust- thumbnail
@kishaforever: You brought out a very important point. Yes, most of us arent us when we type.
@anchal: You are also correct. It is very easy to get attached to anyone these days. Like we make friends on IF without even knowing the other person's name.
@prachi: your opinion is what i did ask right? Am i giving out an impression that i am for virual love? No dear m not taking any sides. I decided to write about both the coin and leave it to you guys to give your opinions about it:)
RKDramebaaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Lol! Yes, and that was my opinion. 

And agree with Alia, most of the time we be what we want to be in this world. We dont type what we exactly are! It's the biggest negative factor that makes Virtual Relationship almost impossible to survive.
-Stardust- thumbnail
@prachi: i need to edit the post asap :D. Yes yaar atleast i am not myself many a times when i type. Plus we are forgeting the most imp thing. Trust. We really cant trust just about anyone these days and looking at the rate of internet crime surely we cant trust about anyone one the net.