I spent 20,000 rupees voting on Isha - Page 3

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by Me_Anonymous

Just one question: Who benefits the most from reality shows?

Channel - wrong, because there is that risk of the show not performing so well so loss in that respect and less investors/financers next time around and explaining this investment to shareholders

Audience - wrong, they only spend their money voting and paying for the TV services (subscription etc) and electricity to watch TV/ or online so add in Internet costs as well

Contestants - right. No matter what happens, they still get paid for however long they stay in the competition so it's a win-win for them if they are awarded the prize and winner title at the end too.

So money wise, Contestants are the true winners and Channel and Audience are not😳.

Damn straight Aji, you got that right. The Celebs keep on banking the money while the audience get the burden of it. That's why I don't even like any Celebs asking for votes. They make it seem as if their life or death depends on it πŸ€ͺ It simply looks weird to me when these Celebs, who make millions, keep asking for votes and that too from others who make may be 5% or even less of what they make πŸ˜•πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Edited by -Chandramukhi- - 11 years ago
r u serious...u really waste so much money...well there was a option online voting...rather then wasting ur money u shud use that...i think its a height of craziness...

well neither now a actor is going to pay this...but ya i have a idea for u...go n tweet this to isha in her twitter account so taht she shud realize wat she did by getting eliminate at last moment...well dnt know if she will react or not but atleast she shud know

Just one question: Who benefits the most from reality shows?

Channel - wrong, because there is that risk of the show not performing so well so loss in that respect and less investors/financers next time around and explaining this investment to shareholders

Audience - wrong, they only spend their money voting and paying for the TV services (subscription etc) and electricity to watch TV/ or online so add in Internet costs as well

Contestants - right. No matter what happens, they still get paid for however long they stay in the competition so it's a win-win for them if they are awarded the prize and winner title at the end too.

So money wise, Contestants are the true winners and Channel and Audience are not😳.

channel also win by getting so much sms...this mobile ppl pay them and gave them special kind of number...that y thy ask for sms...jitna sms utna money...otherwise thy might use online one...
remember onces did used miscall...just becoz they had some major issue with this network ppl...
Originally posted by -Rafa-

Colors should reimburse the voters - simple. I dunno how that would work but they should cough it up πŸ˜†

Honestly speaking though, I would never spend money on voting for a celeb - even if it was my favourite. It's not like I would get anything from their winning money! And I don't give a shizzles abt loyalty πŸ˜†

Sorry to hear about your situation :)

πŸ˜† same here...
Originally posted by -HelloHiByeBye-

its 300-400pound per room rent in scotland. πŸ˜† - that must be per month. Here, outer London areas you have to pay rent per week and per person. It starts with about 150 and as you enter inner London areas it increases. Scotland is supposed to be much cheaper than London, isn't it?

I always say its less for me cause I always have that much in my pocket :D. - wow, what do you do? Tell me so that I can do that too to have that much in my pocket at any timeπŸ˜›

For grocery lasting two weeks costs us 100pound maximum, I think it cause in my family we fulfil our wish wiyh our own pocket money or what we earn so.. - ahh okay. In London, just getting the basic grocery costs more than 100 per week (and when you get home, it's not a lot of things really. Just very basic stuff like bread, milk, juice etc). It's really expensive in London😑. I guess that's why I feel 200 is a lot of money to spend on just votes😊.

R u in london? Yup, London😊
Originally posted by khushboorath

channel also win by getting so much sms...this mobile ppl pay them and gave them special kind of number...that y thy ask for sms...jitna sms utna money...otherwise thy might use online one...
remember onces did used miscall...just becoz they had some major issue with this network ppl...

The channels do but not always. Like I said there is still that risk of a show not making enough in return i.e. not even covering the costs spent on making the show/paying contestants, judges, production staff etc - so no break-even let alone any profits

The real winners are the contestants. Whether a show is successfull or not, they don't really care, do they? They are still going to get paid even if TRPs decrease.

Missed Calls? Really, who used that? Missed calls don't really cost voters, do they? or does it depend on service provider?

The channels do but not always. Like I said there is still that risk of a show not making enough in return i.e. not even covering the costs spent on making the show/paying contestants, judges, production staff etc - so no break-even let alone any profits

The real winners are the contestants. Whether a show is successfull or not, they don't really care, do they? They are still going to get paid even if TRPs decrease.

Missed Calls? Really, who used that? Missed calls don't really cost voters, do they? or does it depend on service provider?

did used miscall once...dnt know bout more details...
well agree with u whether show is successful or not contestant never loose...
but no channel keep on running a show if it is not giving them profit...this is also 10000000% true...
Originally posted by --GODFATHER--

i NEVER spent a RUPEE on these  CELEBS ---- but still -- can CHANNEL reimburse me  SOME MONEY _-- for watching their scripted show ?? / @@ 

πŸ˜† right???!!!

I haven't spent a cent on their show. But I still feel like I should be reimbursed something for all the time I had wasted watching a scripted show.

@TM: Don't ever waste your hard-earned money on a TV Show...ever! There is no guarantee that your votes are being used to keep your favorite in. The only guarantee is that your vote is going to make the show makers richer. Just an advice!

Its always per month here, only a few houses on rent ask everyweek thougj
Na scotland more expensive than england as a whole esp london.
Well I do tutoring, assist my sister who id a hair n makeup artist, asist my other sis with mehndi, I do work experience which some of voluntary work pays me, college pays me, government also pays me to study, also part time worker in local shop,
Thats me earning always under all that πŸ˜† of ur studying try n do tutoring to the younger ones on level below u ;).c
Easy way u knw xxx

I come london for holiday every summer..

Originally posted by -HelloHiByeBye-

Its always per month here, only a few houses on rent ask everyweek thougj
Na scotland more expensive than england as a whole esp london.
Well I do tutoring, assist my sister who id a hair n makeup artist, asist my other sis with mehndi, I do work experience which some of voluntary work pays me, college pays me, government also pays me to study, also part time worker in local shop,
Thats me earning always under all that πŸ˜† of ur studying try n do tutoring to the younger ones on level below u ;).c
Easy way u knw xxx

I come london for holiday every summer..

nah,it's always per person in London even if you share a room... that's why I said its more expensive here.

Come on, Scotland students still have to pay the standard 4499 fee in uni, don't they while the rest have to pay the increased 9000 minimum. Or is it Wales students?πŸ˜•

Wow, you do a lot, don't you? Anyhow, it's not that easy to find tutoring jobs in London, especially in Greater London areas (where I live). Travelling in central London per day costs 8 off-peak ticket so not really worth it to travel for a job that pays 10 per hour... not worth the trouble and the expenses. And if travelling by car then the petrol costs and congestion charge😑

u in uni or sixth form/college?

Anyhow, why are we discussing this London vs Soctland expensive on this voting for Isha topic?πŸ˜†