Discussion on: "The Boy Who Lived"

Posted: 11 years ago
HARRY POTTER
Discussion Thread!

Welcome Everyone To The First Discussion Thread of The First Boo
k: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone and First Chapter of HP!

Here we will be discussing about the first book and first chapter of Harry Potter called,
 "The Boy Who Lived."

Instructions/rules:
1. Ask questions!
2. Discuss how much ever you want!
3. Dont bash or hurt any members!
4. Please stay on topic!
5. Enjoy!

Credits To The Idea: Cutecj and Nobo!
Thanks for the amazing idea!!🤗

DISCUSS AWAY!

Edited by DaMiniiiii - 11 years ago
Blimey! Thanks for your owl, Mini!😛
This appears to be a great place, courtesy developers n visionaries! Lets flag off!
Nice thread! We really need this kind of thread to discuss our beloved HP.
hmm talk away then peepz...

lemme start a ques.  What made dumbledor be sure that the Cat was Prof. Mcgonagall?

& to discuss What do you think...was this chapter a nice start to series or do you have different opinions / fantasies regarding the start??

Thanks a bunch for the Thread mini & for credit too...Although basically its idea of cutecj only , I jus moulded it a bit  !!

Edited by nobo - 11 years ago
The markings around the cat's eyes were similar to Prof. McGonagall's glasses.

Anyone has any favourite parts in this chapter? I absolutely loved it when Hagid arrives with cute liittle baby Harry in his arms.
Edited by twila - 11 years ago
Right answer Twaila ...
 Oh yeah Hagrid bringing baby Harry was so nicely penned out by Rowling ...infact whole bit was amazing ,  when dumbledor , Hagrid & Mcgonagall bid Harry good bye ...

i always wondered where Hagrid got the bike from..then it became more pronounced in the third book. :) 
Originally posted by -varun-

i always wondered where Hagrid got the bike from..then it became more pronounced in the third book. :) 

At first I thought it was his own. But then in the third book...
i to loved hagrid bringing harry in his arms! of course not at that moment but after reading the later books and seeing the bond b/w harry and hagrid it just reminds me of this scene! 
vernon and petunia?what were your first thoughts abt them?😆
This is a pretty darn great thread, thanks for creating it. Wonderful idea. 

'The Boy Who Lived' to me is all about the opening line. It's legendary and if I had read HP as a kid, I would have instantly begun to identify my reading arena with Rowling's style of writing. It's not just comprehensive like simple English Alphabet, it's also got expression like no other writer could pull of with such simplicity. 

Here goes my favorite line:

'Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say 
that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much.' ðŸ˜†

This is catchy, and interestingly enough, I doubt there's a more intelligent way to weave into the main plot without giving away anything about what is going to follow. 

A very amused fan,
Savage