Madhubala - Ek Ishq Ek Junoon

I swear guys, if I see ONE more FIGHT I'll...

-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago
I swear guys, If I see one more fight, EVERYONE will certainly regret it.

Hi'

[I don't really know who anyone is anymore. DDians? VDians? MBians? DVDians? If you guys figure it out, please tell me.]

Anyways,

As we are well aware, we have two prominent groups in this forum, the Vivian Dsena fans from his old show and Drashti Dhami fans from her old show, which is great!

So, like I said before. Criticism and Bashing. Opinion v/s Bashing v/s Opinion

Opinion: ___ doesn't impress me as an actor.
Criticism: ___ is a wonderful but I don't like their acting skills and I think they need to practice how to say more precise dialogues.
Bashing: ___ looks like a monkey. B*tch. I swear, the expression remind me of a brick wall. The nose is stretched like the CN Tower and so ugly!

Can you guys guess the difference between the 3? Opinion & Criticism can be meant to say the same thing. When someone doesn't like an actor, they can say that they are not impressed and are allowed to say that. I mean, when it's time for you guys to state your opinion on how you dislike someone, there are mentions of I-F's Freedom Of Speech and how criticism is their right but when it comes to someone else's turn to write 2 words about your favourite, it's "BASHING?"

And this goes for every single person in this forum who has a favourite in either DD or VD.

I mean, I don't know what else to say.

Okay, let's say I post a topic saying that VD needs to improve his acting. Will I get bashed? Yes. Why? Because I am 'not a true VD' fan as members might label me as. Or maybe because I have a favourite actor from another show. I mean, just because I was not a part of VD's old show doesn't mean I am not his fan and doesn't mean I can't criticise his acting. If you are a VD fan, criticising his acting, that's fine, but what about if I am a DD fan making a topic? Am I not allowed?

DD fans. If I post a topic saying I don't think DD is pretty. Will I get bashed? Yes. Why? Because I am not thinking like the majority of the members here. Or maybe I'll be labelled as not a true DDian and a VD/another actor's fan. I mean, if opinions can be stated about the opposite actor as unfavourable and different from the majority, it doesn't mean that everything that goes against what you think of your favourite is bashing.

And you guys need to understand that. I mean, I don't have any better words to say. Please understand that it is NOT okay for you to criticise another actor and think it's perfectly alright and then go ahead and start telling other's its wrong and 'bashing' if YOUR favourite is criticised. It goes both ways. It's either to you don't criticise the other actor and ONLY criticise your favourite rather than fight about it later.

You can't have it both ways. You guys can't go around criticising others and expect yours to be adored.

Does it really have to come to this point where DD fans are not allowed to post anything about VD and DD fans aren't allowed to post anything on VD? *Remember*, I mentioned ACTORS not CHARACTERS. I mean come on guys, really?

Second,

Okay, coming to the forum. It's a free forum and members are allowed to post whatever they like. I-F is a diverse Forum where members from all over the world join. I am personally from Canada so my hindi is a bit weak but yet I love reading all different thoughts and views. And please remember you will NEVER find one person, who talks, writes, loves, hates, smiles, laughs, thinks exactly the same way you do. It's what makes us who we are.

So, as far as I can see, there are members who like writing certain posts their own way, their own style and that's great. 

But why the different name calling and WHY the indirect comments? 

My best advice? Ignore. Ignore the post you don't get and go on with your own masti, fun and enjoy the Madhubala forum. Stay out of each other's posts if that's possible. Because both sides are like the two sides of a coin which will never meet. 

Many members have started leaving, only because this forum is becoming a ruckus and I totally agree with them.

So before this forum becomes into a battleground again,

I'd like to ask you some simple questions.

Is it worth it? Is the fighting worth the whole ruckus and losing friends, members who make the forum, THE forum? What do you gain from all this?

I mean, it's either that I am not looking at the exact matter, but nothing will come out of all these fights. No one's perfect. And there are people you will like/dislike in life but don't go around poking fun at them for being the way they are. Don't drag an issue.

~*~

One last thing, since seeing the fights going on, I'd like to ask one single question for the betterment of the forum hopefully,

What would you like to see?

Would you like a rule placed where DD fans can't comment on VD and VD fans can't comment on DD?

Would you like something to be done where the different groups we have on this forum can stay within their own comfort zone?

It's your forum and you set the rules so further fights can be avoided.

-Shifu.
Edited by *Shifali* - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you Shifs... Ill try and keep them in mind all the time I am here on this forum!
undisclosed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

shifu...i would honestly just like the topics closed...if the rule is broken...just close it...no if and or buts...whoever it maybe...if its me too...or whoever...just close it...no chances...these posts become breading grounds for all sorts of instigations

bairaagix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
And i agree with undisclosed that topics should be closed...
-BreakingDown- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
i too agree simply close the topic and i will try to folow all rules
Edited by drashti4ever - 11 years ago
-Dimple- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I was waiting for this Shifu! I was a silent reader on those topics where people were bashing and bashing. I was so ashamed to see people commenting and bashing.
Thanks for making the post. Was very much needed.
expectappu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for this!!! It was much needed. I am not sure what the solution is...I just feel people should be more open and mature about things...The various groups here have different ideologies and have different way of expressing themselves...which is perfectly fine...but it looks like they have zero tolerance for each other...which isn't healthy for a forum...I am mostly a silent member here...as I am busy most of the times...but, i guess i am one of the rare species here...who likes all ideologies of the forum...i like DD, VD, Intelligent and BBB groups...i find most of the posts really entertaining...n that's what it is supposed to be...I usually ignore volatile issues and move on...But, when I have to scroll  multiple pages to find a decent discussion/analysis regarding the show...I think things are getting a little tooo chaotic...which is obviously the reason for this post...may be it would be best if these groups don't comment on each others posts...and don't reference each other directly or indirectly either...but then, would it really be a forum?...I guess not...So...in short I don't know what will help keep peace in this forum...except for little patience and acceptance from all...

I don't think I made much sense...and I am sorry for that...but reading all these posts is starting to affect me...The show is going really strong...each episode is a gem and the Cvs, Actors and directors are all doing a great job...so why are we wasting our precious energy and creativity trying to burn each other...so for what it is worth...
plz keep your differences aside and stay together as true MBians...You don't have to agree with everything said here...but like a family please respect each others views ...and above all...Enjoy!!!

Guzara_Waqt thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanx *Shifu*
Even i had decided to quit MB forum...
But now i will keep it every word of your's in my mind and will not lose my real self b'coz good show is more important then any other things and i always thank to MB team, they have brought such a unique and amazing show...

All Izz Well😆
zaaratq thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Ill be glad if some people do not force new members to stop coming here... i wont point fingers but we all knw who they are... i hav had worser experience in geet forum as well... if this is gonna be the case in future, i rather nt enter mb forum at all... i have other places to go in the forum to enjoy... Sorry shifu its not your fault at all.. But there are always this group of people in every forum who think they rule the forum ans do not let new comers to express opinions.. I have nothing more to say, i rather see hear good things... And its funny to me, how i used to think mb forum would be a more peaceful place to share opinions, but its the total opposite now thanks to some.. Anws wish u all the best shifu... 🤗 Edited by *Shifali* - 11 years ago
Nice post, Shifu.
Lol, it is usually in the weekend when such fights happen may be because they have no episodes to discuss. So, all start fighting lol.