Harry Potter

The Founders Four - A HP Fic Last Part pg21 17/05/15 - Page 2

ohsehun. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: pari0706

FFpmList: will wait for your comments then I hope you will like it :)

spvd: I am glad you liked it :)

Anshra: thank you for your lovely comments. I am so glad  that you liked it will update soon 

Labyrinth89: Thank you for your lovely comments. I am glad you liked it. And yes there aren't many HP FF on IF  sad really. Regarding fanfiction . net well it is already on there πŸ˜† I had posted it there first and then I couldn't bear that I didn't share it with everyone on IFπŸ˜† so posted it here as well.😳

aww...well that's fine :) i'll be looking out for this ff then...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pari0706 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hey Everyone,

Thank you for your lovely messages and appreciation. Here is the next part of the story. I hope to get more reviews πŸ˜†.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters, they belong to JK Rowling

"Italics" in this part only means a different language

Chapter three: Explanations

After their companions had all left, the founders and the Headmaster turned to the Gargoyle guarding the Headmaster's office. Before Dumbledore could say the password, Salazar waved his hand in front of the statue, causing the gargoyle to bow and jump aside, giving access to the visitors. Dumbledore's eyes lit up in delighted curiosity at this display.

Once inside the office, the four founders drew up their own squashy comfortable armchairs. Each armchair represented their individual house colours. On the far left, sat Godric, on his deep red coloured armchair, with golden polka dots. Next to him was Rowena whose armchair had Bronze and Blue stripes. Next to her was Salazar on a black armchair with little silver spots. On the far right, next to Salazar was Helga also on a black armchair with yellow coloured leaves.

"Sherbet lemon?" asked the headmaster, offering the sweet to the founders. However seeing the looks all four were giving him (a mix of amusement with curiosity) the headmaster explained further "they are a type of sweet that I am rather fond of"

"No, thank you, Headmaster" said Godric, the other three declining as well.

"Well, I hope you will forgive me for my impoliteness. However, I do not know what to say other than the difference in the castle that I am sure you must have noticed. Whilst it is the same castle there are noticeable differences as well." Albus internally cringed. He did not ramble. He never rambled! Though, the situation was quite extraordinary, even for him.

"Yes we noticed," Salazar replied dryly. "And this very thing indicated to us that something unexpected and rather ... interesting has happened. The result of which, obviously, is that the four of us are here." He added quite unnecessarily. Pinching his nose, he continued. "Perhaps if you give us some details of the place and ' time we are currently in?"

"Of course, Lord Slytherin. You are currently in the year nineteen ninety six and today's date is the first of September."

"The first of September, you said?" Salazar brought his fingers together in a thoughtful gesture, his eyebrows raised. "In the year two thousand?"

"That is correct, sir," Albus' voice was gentle as he spoke. He could only imagine what the four people in front of him must be feeling. To have been uprooted from what was your present and hurtled an entire millennium (and a few years) into the future could be quite unsettling. Meanwhile, the founders were conversing with each other telepathically.

"Well what do you think? He seems like Dumbledore, but how can it be the first of September two thousand? I mean wasn't it the seventh of June nineteen ninety seven where we left?" Rowena asked thoughtfully with a mental frown.

"Yes it was" Godric chirped.

"Hmm that is interesting. But I think this just provides more proof to support the theory of Alternate universe." Said Salazar

"I agree it does seem like what you described earlier, dear." Helga replied.

"I agree as well, but are we sure?" said Godric

"Well I agree but it seems that we have not only travelled through the dimensions but also time." Rowena thoughtfully supplied. "Now that is interesting. Is that supposed to happen, Sal?"

"Well it is an interesting situation indeed, but I will have to do more research into that, until then I am going to try and get more information on this universe, and after that reveal our identities. Agreed?" said Salazar

"Totally"

"Yes dear"

"Go for it mate"

Salazar focussed on the headmaster who was observing them thoughtfully. "Well, this is an unusual situation to say the least. I suppose we shall have to do a lot of research on what has happened to reverse this phenomenon. However, until that time, would it be possible for us to stay here?"

Dumbledore took a scant moment to reply. "But of course my lord, this is your castle after all" he said readily, giving them a searching look, multiple thoughts going through his mind. He was curious to say the least, but he dared not try to use Legilimency on these people. But he had some questions that intrigued him. For example, only Salazar seemed to reply but he always referred to all four of them. It can be one of three things, either he is taking their replies for granted (which given his reputation is quite possible) or they are communicating in some way without making others aware of it (that is unheard of but then again people coming this far in future is also unheard of. Also who knows the extent of power that these legendary individual possess) Or else Salazar thinks he is royalty. The thing that had Albus most concerned, however, was that these individuals are the founders then how are they talking in modern English? If he was not wrong, then that language did not exist in their time.

"We thank you." The green eyed founder replied with aplomb. "Now, if you could, please enlighten us about the world around us. After all, a lot of time has passed. It would be nice to know of the current climate, for one. Are we at war or is this a time of peace? Rowena here for one is probably dying to know of the many advancements of wizard-kind."

Dumbledore inclined his head in silent agreement. 'Yes, but before I begin, I am curious to know if you have any theories as to how this might have happened. I, for one, am at a loss.' He gave a look to the four individuals in front of him that made them think that they were being x-rayed.

"We do have our theories," Salazar replied vaguely. "One more likely than the other, and if what we suspect is true, then things are a lot more complicated than how they appear initially. However, before we go into any details we would like you to tell us some things about this world."

Alarm bells went off in Dumbledore's mind. Salazar just said that "we" had theories but ever since they arrived they have not spoken to each other. So how did he know if the others had any theory? The other three are not looking surprised either! And how are they speaking in modern English.

Taking a moment to compose himself Headmaster asked his question in Gaelic "certainly My Lord, however, I hope that you would forgive me for asking but how is it that you are speaking modern English"

Taken aback by the sudden change in language, Rowena replied in the same language "Headmaster, I created this useful spell to enable us to speak the language that is understood by the general public of the place. The spell only had to be cast once and it stays with us for a few years. I hope this answers your question." This was not entirely true, she had certainly created such a spell but had not casted it on themselves. So technically she did not lie as well.

"Certainly, thank you for the explanation." Dumbledore responded in English "my apologies but I hope have to be certain about facts before I reveal anything. One can never be too careful in times like this; for we are currently at war in this period of time."

Dumbledore paused for a moment to gather his thoughts and also to look for some sign of recognition or shock. He saw that all four eyes widened for a little while before returning back to the neutral expression. It was a small reaction but enough for Dumbledore to confirm that these people were not Death Eaters. However, whilst this answered a few questions, it also raised some more questions. How much detail should he go into? It would all depend on how long these legendary figures will have to stay in this time line. If they are going to be here for a long time, then he should go into detail and possibly get some help as well. However if they are not going to be here for a while then it would be prudent to not involve them in too much detail. 'They said that they have a theory.' He thought to himself. 'Maybe I can ask them if they have an estimation of a time scale.'

"I, of course, realise that you have some issues that are of utmost importance to you, however, you suggested that you have some theories. I hope you will not mind me questioning you about this. But I would rather not bother you with details of the current war and drag you into something which you are not a part of. However, if your stay in this time scale is going to be for a long period I am afraid I will have to go into details."

"I understand your situation Headmaster" Salazar replied compassionately. "I think that Rowena will be able to throw some light on this situation"

"Well, Headmaster, as Salazar said earlier that we have a couple of theories. However we cannot be sure of anything unless we gather some more information about this timeline. We will also have to do some research on the topic before being certain." Rowena explained

"However, we also realise your position. If this is a time of war, as you said, then we realise that it might not be easy for you to trust what we say easily. I thank you for being so considerate of our situation and trying to help despite of everything" Helga interrupted with her calming and conceding voice.

"Headmaster, as Helga explained we understand your position, but you must understand that we cannot define the timescale with certainty. However, from whatever information we have been able to gather, it seems that the situation is more complex than our assumption and we will be in this timeline for length of time between a year to say about ten years or more. However, as I explained earlier, we will need to do some research on the topic before being certain." Rowena explained.

"Thank you for understanding my position, Lady Hufflepuff and Lady Ravenclaw. Alas, I will have to go into the details of the current war with you. However before doing that, I would like to offer my assistance in your research and my help in any manner that I can." Dumbledore replied

Salazar thanked the Headmaster on behalf of everyone.

"First I will briefly go over the fate of Hogwarts after your time. It gives me immense happiness to say that Hogwarts has more or less remained the same and has followed your legacy. It has become one of the most prestigious magical schools on the isles. We still sort the students in four houses and currently Hogwarts is home to over 150 students in total. These students come from all over Britannia. Since seventeen hundred and seven, the various kingdoms that you remember from your time have united to form the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Dumbledore continued with pride and happiness in his eyes and voice.

"However, on the darker side, recently, a dark lord has risen and has been terrorising the Isles for last 30 years. He has yet to declare a war but has been picking out families and people and killing them. Thus he has created an atmosphere of terror and uncertainty. Hogwarts has so far been safe from his attacks but he has been known to attack Hogsmeade, the Wizarding village nearby. One more interesting thing is that this dark lord usually sends his followers, who are known as Death Eaters, to carry out these attacks. He has only been seen once or twice. He has crafted himself a new name ' Lord Voldemort; but his real name is Tom Riddle." Dumbledore paused in his explanation to give the others some time to digest this information.

As Dumbledore's explanation ended, the Founders started their own telepathic conversation.

"So it seems that Voldemort is still very much active here but he is been at it for 30 years! How can that be? I mean why didn't the Harry in this world stop him, I mean in our world baby Harry stopped him right then why not here?" Godric started

"Well one thing is for certain that we have managed to stumble in alternate universe, but where does this universe split? I mean it is clear that Grindelward did die as the current dark lord is Voldemort, but then was there a prophecy like the one we had in our world? If so why did it not play out like our world?" Rowena summarised

"Well this is just great, let's just add this to the list of twists in our lives." Godric exclaimed with sarcasm

Ignoring Godric's remark, Salazar continued to analyse the situation and plan the best strategy to get more information. "It seems that the only person that can answer that question is Dumbledore." He silently added. "He has also offered to help with our research and we will need his help to access some rare books that explain the theory of and way out of alternate reality. But if we want to research that we will have to reveal our real identities. This will also ensure that Dumbledore answers the question that Row asked."

"Yes that does seem like the only option we currently have dear" Helga conceded

"Well if it ensures that Dumbledore will give us more information in this confusing and weird situation that we are currently in then I am all for it, mate" Godric agreed

"This seems to be the only option we have to get some answers and I agree with you Sal that we will need access to some rare books to try and find a way back home; and Dumbledore is in the best position to get that for us. I say we go for it but gradually, let us first reveal our real names and see how he reacts, we can then go from there" Rowena gave her opinion

"Thank you for the information Headmaster," Salazar addressed Dumbledore. "You have been very accepting of our situation and we appreciate that. We come from a time when trust has to be gained and you have gained that. Thus we would like to share something with you as well. I realise that you think we are the Founders of this place. To an extent it is the truth but not the entire truth." Salazar paused after this revelation to observe Dumbledore's expression

Dumbledore's eyes widened fractionally and you could see the signs of distrust starting to build in.

This confirmed to the Founders that the Headmaster had not recognised them and most probably they did not exist in this world. Thus Salazar continued with his revelations whilst everyone kept a close eye on Dumbledore's subtle reactions.

"What I mean to say is that we are the Founders but not exactly the people that you are assuming. We are the reincarnations of the Founders. We have different names and identities in this birth. But that is just the starting of the twists in our situation. The real complication is that we know you and all those teachers that were with us, and we have fought with you all in a war against Voldemort. But you don't seem to recognise us!"

Salazar tried his best not to alarm the Headmaster but he could not stop the shock that the Headmaster was feeling. Dumbledore took a few moments to compose himself and reinforce before asking for an explanation.

"Perhaps the best place to start is by telling you our real names. My name in this birth is Harry Potter" revealed Salazar.

He paused to observe the reaction to his name. Others were also watching Dumbledore closely and noticed that at the mention of his name, Dumbledore's eyes widened. However this was not unusual but what they saw next was something unexpected for out visitors. Dumbledore's face went grave and his eyes showed deep pain. However, Dumbledore nodded for Harry to go on.

"The wizard on far left is Ron Weasley, the witch to my left is his wife Hermione Granger; and the beautiful lady on my right is Ginny Weasley."

By now Dumbledore's eyes were not only wide but the twinkle was also replaced with a look of pure horror.

Edited by pari0706 - 10 years ago
pari0706 thumbnail
Ok everyone I am posting next chapter .. hopefully will get more readers this time

--------------------
Chapter Four Explanations II

"Perhaps the best place to start is by telling you our real names. My name in this birth is Harry Potter" revealed Salazar.

This came as a big shock to me, the Potters were a part of the faculty and one of the families that were affected the most in the war. Their son Harry was killed by Voldemort, along with the baby's caretaker for the night and Godmother Marlene McKinnon, all due to a prophecy. But that was not all. Ever since that incident, the Potters did not have a baby again and had thrown themselves to educate the children and protect them in the school. They were joined by Remus Lupin and Sirius Black. Their pain was always shown on their faces and gone were the spark of the pranksters that the three males were. However, I needed more information. If this is Harry Potter, then who are the other three. Harry's generation was the most affected by the massacre that Voldemort had engineered after the Prophecy had been accidently leaked.

I nodded at them, silently asking them to continue. If they noticed my momentary shock they did not say anything but just continued.

"The wizard on the far left is Ron Weasley, the witch to my left is his wife, Hermione Granger, and the beautiful lady on my right, is Ginny Weasley."

The Weasleys! They were another family affected by the massacre but they had lost two of their youngest children and never got over it. The Weasley parents had become overprotective of their other children and close to the Potters. They would often go out together and buy presents for their deceased children on special occasions. Other families had gotten over their grief and had more children but these two families never did.

Voldemort knew this and took special pleasure by attacking them on their shopping trips and torturing them with the Cruciatus as well as taunting them about their children.

And Granger name sounds familiar as well, if I am not wrong then it was one of the Muggle families whose daughter was a witch and thus they were killed along with their daughter.

This is not good. If it is the truth, and these people are who they say they are, then I do not want to think how the Potters and the Weasleys will react. No, this cannot be the truth. These people are either Death Eaters who have disguised themselves to torture those poor souls or fate has once again played a very cruel joke.

But what if these are the people from the Prophecy? No, that cannot be, even if it is, the Potters and the Weasleys will be shattered. But you don't know that! Maybe they will finally overcome their grief, and accept these people as their children. But what if they have to go back? Also how are they so similar to the Founders then? I have to find out more, I cannot let the Potters and Weasleys go through any more pain. They will be deeply affected by this, whether they will react positively or not, remains to be seen. But if I can help it, I will not let this get to them, they will be broken beyond repair. They are only just holding it together, but if they get to know this I do not want to think how they will react. Ahh, but what if this is the truth? Then wouldn't it heal them? Make them better? Well it might but they might not get past the initial reaction of horror.

No I need to find out more, how is this even possible?

"Explain"

The dark haired wizard paused to observe the reaction to his name. Others were also watching Dumbledore closely and noticed that at the mention of his name, Dumbledore's eyes widened. This was not unusual, but what they saw next was something unexpected for the visitors. Dumbledore's face went grave and his eyes showed deep pain. However, Dumbledore nodded for Harry to go on.

"The wizard on far left is Ron Weasley, the witch to my left is his wife Hermione Granger; and the beautiful lady on my right is Ginny Weasley."

By now Dumbledore's eyes were not only wide but the twinkle was also replaced with a look of pure horror.

It was a few minutes in which Dumbledore's expression varied from horror to shock to anguish to regret to pain to fear to denial to hope again denial and finally settled with a determined look with a hint of hope and curiosity. Finally, when he addressed the founders, his voice was devoid of any emotion.

"Explain"

"I believe that starting at the beginning is the best way to make the situation as simple as possible." Began Rowena Ravenclaw, or, as she was now known, Hermione Granger. "Well, in our world I was born on the nineteenth of September ninety seventy five, Ron here was born on the first of March nineteen eighty , Harry was born on the thirty first of July of the same year and Ginny was born on the eleventh of August in eighty one." At the mention of these dates, Dumbledore's eyes widened in surprise

Before starting Hogwarts, only Ron and Ginny knew each other as they are siblings. Harry, Ron and I met at the Hogwarts express and started Hogwarts together. Ginny joined a year later. The three of us had an adventurous school life to say the least. Ginny had a relatively quiet life. However at the end of our fifth year, the Professor Dumbledore in our world revealed that there was a prophecy which indicated that Harry will be the one to defeat the Dark Lord Voldemort." A frown adorned the face of the Headmaster at the mention of this prophecy. It seemed that he wanted to know this prophecy in detail but held his tongue.

"The following year, Dumbledore gave Harry some information to help him in the quest to defeat Voldemort. Apparently we had to search for about four magical objects that Dumbledore thought kept Voldemort alive. But, before the Headmaster could give us more information on how to destroy these objects, he died in the fall of the academic year." Dumbledore shifted slightly upon hearing of the news of his death.

"After the Headmaster's funeral when we went back into the castle to get our belongings and leave for the summer, Hogwarts welcomed us and all four of us fainted." Rowena continued with a fond smile on her face. This expression was mirrored in all four of them.

"The teachers took us to the Hospital wing and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with us and assumed that we were exhausted due to the trauma of losing the Headmaster. When we woke up two days later, we were sent home. We felt different but couldn't figure out what exactly was different, we felt as if our heads were crammed with information that we couldn't decipher. So we all left to go to our respective homes. After a few weeks we managed to understand the information and put it in order. It appeared as if Hogwarts had unlocked our memories of our previous birth."

Rowena paused here to give the Headmaster time to follow the information. She could see from the Headmaster's expression that their dates of birth were of some importance in this world but could not understand what. The other three Founders also noticed the same thing but decided to file the fact for further investigation later. During the entire explanation the Headmaster's expression changed from grave and horror to hope.

Rowena began speaking again "We realised that in our previous birth that we were the Founders of Hogwarts. We remembered every incident of our previous lives. This included our knowledge of magic and other things. What happened had not only unlocked our memories but even changed our bodies to become like the Founders."

Rowena continued after a brief pause with a faraway look on her face "When we met for a few days, we were more comfortable in addressing each other by our former names, as we had recognised each other in our new incarnation. We decide to use our knowledge and skills and focus on the task to save the Wizarding world. We had a mission to complete and had to find those four objects. Thus the three of us could not return to Hogwarts."

"However Ginny could not join us in our quest as she was still underage. She also wanted to be there for the students and do what she can to help them. So while she was at Hogwarts the three of us went to search and destroy these objects by combining our knowledge of our previous birth and the information that Dumbledore provided us. But we needed to go into Hogwarts for the last two objects. However we realised that a war might break out should we attempt to break into Hogwarts. So we managed to communicate with Ginny and we got into full battalion outfits from our previous birth and went to Hogwarts.

"Just as we had anticipated, Voldemort got this information and attacked Hogwarts. While the four of us were busy search for these objects and destroying them, the other students, professors and some ' others ' were trying to keep the Death Eaters at bay. By the time we finished with our work, the light side had lost more than half of its forces. We joined the fray and within a few minutes gained an upper hand in the battle. When Voldemort saw that his army was losing, he joined in with three of his strongest duellists. By now all the other Death Eaters were killed or captured and it was only the four of us duelling with the four of them. Harry here knew the most about dark arts spells than any of us as he was the reincarnation of Salazar Slytherin. After some fierce exchange the three of us managed to overpower Voldemort's three strongest duellists." Rowena took a deep breath, her gaze far away as she relived that battle.

"But Sal and Voldemort were still duelling." She continued speaking, her voice much softer. "So we decided to aid Sal and created a distraction for Voldemort. The result was that Sal here was able to deal a fatal blow to Voldemort. However what we failed to realise was that during all this something very unique happened." Rowena again paused, her eyes closed. Dumbledore looked deep in thought with a frown on his face. After a few moments he nodded for her to continue.

"We think that'with the combination of the simple, though strong, Darkness of the Killing Curse; the equally straightforward and strong spells from Salazar; the pure emotion of unity, protectiveness and love between the four of us and the intricate variables of the inherently Light-oriented brother Phoenix wands might have created a unique Arithmatical upheaval in the boundaries of time and space, throwing the four of us into an Alternate universe."

Still frowning in thought, Rownea continued. "We saw Voldemort die before darkness surrounded us and the next thing we knew was that we were on the empty grounds of Hogwarts and after a few moments you came out of the main door; and called us the Founders. We knew something very strange had happened so we decided to act as founders at least until we knew it was safe. However after returning to the office, seeing Fawkes and with your explanation we realised that you are indeed Albus Dumbledore. I am sure you understand our point of view, Headmaster."

After completing her explanation, Rowena fell silent and observed the Headmaster's expression to get some idea of his chain of thoughts.

Dumbledore on other hand was in deep thought; he had of course read about Alternate universes. He also knew that there were only a few things that could gather enough energy to create an upheaval strong enough to throw the inhabitants of one dimension into alternate dimension. The combination that Lady Ravenclaw mentioned certainly seemed to have enough potential. Furthermore, the fact that these people addressed Tom as Voldemort rather than the Dark Lord or He Who Must Not Be Named or something equally trivial was enough proof for Dumbledore to know that these people were not the supporters of Voldemort and thus were trustworthy.

The two things that Dumbledore found most interesting were their date of births and the fact that they mentioned that they (especially Salazar Slytherin) defeated Voldemort in their own universe. Maybe they can help to defeat Voldemort here as well? The prophecy did mention that four people will unite to defeat Voldemort and that those four people will be born in the time span of three years.

The exact years that these four were born in.

The prophecy was the reason that there were no students in the Wizarding world who were born in those years. The reason that Hogwarts had no students for those years. Also the reason that the Wizarding World in general had no hope. Is it possible that the prophecy was referring to these individuals rather than the children born in this world? Even if that is not the truth then wouldn't having the four legendary figures fighting from the side of light, uplift the spirits of the general Wizarding population? Yes it would certainly do so. But I will have to tell them what happened in this world to know where the split happened and what are the common things in these two realities. That is not my style, but for the Greater Good it is the only way and I will do it. Maybe it would be better to let the Wizarding World think that they are indeed the Founders and that might also be better for the Potters, Lupin, Black and the Weasleys. Yes, but first I need to offer them some answers and we can decide together. Maybe finally I can share some of the burden of the war with these strong shoulders.

Edited by pari0706 - 11 years ago
pari0706 thumbnail
Note: Hey everyone, 

I have made a decision, as I am not getting many readers, I am not going to post it here anymore.

This does not mean that I have abandoned the story, I will be writing it and if anyone wishes to read more then send me a pm and I will tell you about it.

Sorry about this

Kind Regards

Pari
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Nooo! Plzzz continue posting it here! I beg u! You've got a real talent...
Cutecj thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Super nooo please don't stop. the story  is awesome.😊
Plz Plz Plz do continue.πŸ˜­πŸ˜”
nobo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Jus read all the parts in one go...SPLENDID is all I have to say !! 
 Thinking beyond imagination...left me speechless

& nooo ...don't quit please, it's such a wonderful story on forum after long time...plzz
pari0706 thumbnail
Hey everyone,

Now I know I said that I will not be posting any more chapters here but I am willing to change the decision 

I have certainly not given up on the story so is there anyone who still wants me to continue posting the chapters? 

Please please do votes here: 

Pari
Edited by pari0706 - 10 years ago
Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Pari your story is lovely. I just started coming here near the start of the year so never saw this FF until now. I must say it is awesome! Please do continue!
pari0706 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Ok everyone here is the next chapter: 

Chapter Four Explanations II

This came as a big shock to me, the Potters were a part of the faculty and one of the families that were affected the most in the war. Their son Harry was killed by Voldemort, along with the baby's caretaker for the night and Godmother Marlene McKinnon, all due to a prophecy. But that was not all. Ever since that incident, the Potters did not have a baby again and had thrown themselves to educate the children and protect them in the school. They were joined by Remus Lupin and Sirius Black. Their pain was always shown on their faces and gone were the spark of the pranksters that the three males were. However, I needed more information. If this is Harry Potter, then who are the other three. Harry's generation was the most affected by the massacre that Voldemort had engineered after the Prophecy had been accidently leaked.

I nodded at them, silently asking them to continue. If they noticed my momentary shock they did not say anything but just continued.

"The wizard on the far left is Ron Weasley, the witch to my left is his wife, Hermione Granger, and the beautiful lady on my right, is Ginny Weasley."

The Weasleys! They were another family affected by the massacre but they had lost two of their youngest children and never got over it. The Weasley parents had become overprotective of their other children and close to the Potters. They would often go out together and buy presents for their deceased children on special occasions. Other families had gotten over their grief and had more children but these two families never did.

Voldemort knew this and took special pleasure by attacking them on their shopping trips and torturing them with the Cruciatus as well as taunting them about their children.

And Granger name sounds familiar as well, if I am not wrong then it was one of the Muggle families whose daughter was a witch and thus they were killed along with their daughter.

This is not good. If it is the truth, and these people are who they say they are, then I do not want to think how the Potters and the Weasleys will react. No, this cannot be the truth. These people are either Death Eaters who have disguised themselves to torture those poor souls or fate has once again played a very cruel joke.

But what if these are the people from the Prophecy? No, that cannot be, even if it is, the Potters and the Weasleys will be shattered. But you don't know that! Maybe they will finally overcome their grief, and accept these people as their children. But what if they have to go back? Also how are they so similar to the Founders then? I have to find out more, I cannot let the Potters and Weasleys go through any more pain. They will be deeply affected by this, whether they will react positively or not, remains to be seen. But if I can help it, I will not let this get to them, they will be broken beyond repair. They are only just holding it together, but if they get to know this I do not want to think how they will react. Ahh, but what if this is the truth? Then wouldn't it heal them? Make them better? Well it might but they might not get past the initial reaction of horror.

No I need to find out more, how is this even possible?

"Explain"

The dark haired wizard paused to observe the reaction to his name. Others were also watching Dumbledore closely and noticed that at the mention of his name, Dumbledore's eyes widened. This was not unusual, but what they saw next was something unexpected for the visitors. Dumbledore's face went grave and his eyes showed deep pain. However, Dumbledore nodded for Harry to go on.

It was a few minutes in which Dumbledore's expression varied from horror to shock to anguish to regret to pain to fear to denial to hope again denial and finally settled with a determined look with a hint of hope and curiosity. Finally, when he addressed the founders, his voice was devoid of any emotion.

"Explain"

"I believe that starting at the beginning is the best way to make the situation as simple as possible." Began Rowena Ravenclaw, or, as she was now known, Hermione Granger. "Well, in our world I was born on the nineteenth of September ninety seventy five, Ron here was born on the first of March nineteen eighty , Harry was born on the thirty first of July of the same year and Ginny was born on the eleventh of August in eighty one." At the mention of these dates, Dumbledore's eyes widened in surprise

Before starting Hogwarts, only Ron and Ginny knew each other as they are siblings. Harry, Ron and I met at the Hogwarts express and started Hogwarts together. Ginny joined a year later. The three of us had an adventurous school life to say the least. Ginny had a relatively quiet life. However at the end of our fifth year, the Professor Dumbledore in our world revealed that there was a prophecy which indicated that Harry will be the one to defeat the Dark Lord Voldemort." A frown adorned the face of the Headmaster at the mention of this prophecy. It seemed that he wanted to know this prophecy in detail but held his tongue.

"The following year, Dumbledore gave Harry some information to help him in the quest to defeat Voldemort. Apparently we had to search for about four magical objects that Dumbledore thought kept Voldemort alive. But, before the Headmaster could give us more information on how to destroy these objects, he died in the fall of the academic year." Dumbledore shifted slightly upon hearing of the news of his death.

"After the Headmaster's funeral when we went back into the castle to get our belongings and leave for the summer, Hogwarts welcomed us and all four of us fainted." Rowena continued with a fond smile on her face. This expression was mirrored in all four of them.

"The teachers took us to the Hospital wing and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with us and assumed that we were exhausted due to the trauma of losing the Headmaster. When we woke up two days later, we were sent home. We felt different but couldn't figure out what exactly was different, we felt as if our heads were crammed with information that we couldn't decipher. So we all left to go to our respective homes. After a few weeks we managed to understand the information and put it in order. It appeared as if Hogwarts had unlocked our memories of our previous birth."

Rowena paused here to give the Headmaster time to follow the information. She could see from the Headmaster's expression that their dates of birth were of some importance in this world but could not understand what. The other three Founders also noticed the same thing but decided to file the fact for further investigation later. During the entire explanation the Headmaster's expression changed from grave and horror to hope.

Rowena began speaking again "We realised that in our previous birth that we were the Founders of Hogwarts. We remembered every incident of our previous lives. This included our knowledge of magic and other things. What happened had not only unlocked our memories but even changed our bodies to become like the Founders."

Rowena continued after a brief pause with a faraway look on her face "When we met for a few days, we were more comfortable in addressing each other by our former names, as we had recognised each other in our new incarnation. We decide to use our knowledge and skills and focus on the task to save the Wizarding world. We had a mission to complete and had to find those four objects. Thus the three of us could not return to Hogwarts."

"However Ginny could not join us in our quest as she was still underage. She also wanted to be there for the students and do what she can to help them. So while she was at Hogwarts the three of us went to search and destroy these objects by combining our knowledge of our previous birth and the information that Dumbledore provided us. But we needed to go into Hogwarts for the last two objects. However we realised that a war might break out should we attempt to break into Hogwarts. So we managed to communicate with Ginny and we got into full battalion outfits from our previous birth and went to Hogwarts.

"Just as we had anticipated, Voldemort got this information and attacked Hogwarts. While the four of us were busy search for these objects and destroying them, the other students, professors and some … others … were trying to keep the Death Eaters at bay. By the time we finished with our work, the light side had lost more than half of its forces. We joined the fray and within a few minutes gained an upper hand in the battle. When Voldemort saw that his army was losing, he joined in with three of his strongest duellists. By now all the other Death Eaters were killed or captured and it was only the four of us duelling with the four of them. Harry here knew the most about dark arts spells than any of us as he was the reincarnation of Salazar Slytherin. After some fierce exchange the three of us managed to overpower Voldemort's three strongest duellists." Rowena took a deep breath, her gaze far away as she relived that battle.

"But Sal and Voldemort were still duelling." She continued speaking, her voice much softer. "So we decided to aid Sal and created a distraction for Voldemort. The result was that Sal here was able to deal a fatal blow to Voldemort. However what we failed to realise was that during all this something very unique happened." Rowena again paused, her eyes closed. Dumbledore looked deep in thought with a frown on his face. After a few moments he nodded for her to continue.

"We think thatβ€”with the combination of the simple, though strong, Darkness of the Killing Curse; the equally straightforward and strong spells from Salazar; the pure emotion of unity, protectiveness and love between the four of us and the intricate variables of the inherently Light-oriented brother Phoenix wands might have created a unique Arithmatical upheaval in the boundaries of time and space, throwing the four of us into an Alternate universe."

Still frowning in thought, Rownea continued. "We saw Voldemort die before darkness surrounded us and the next thing we knew was that we were on the empty grounds of Hogwarts and after a few moments you came out of the main door; and called us the Founders. We knew something very strange had happened so we decided to act as founders at least until we knew it was safe. However after returning to the office, seeing Fawkes and with your explanation we realised that you are indeed Albus Dumbledore. I am sure you understand our point of view, Headmaster."

After completing her explanation, Rowena fell silent and observed the Headmaster's expression to get some idea of his chain of thoughts.

Dumbledore on other hand was in deep thought; he had of course read about Alternate universes. He also knew that there were only a few things that could gather enough energy to create an upheaval strong enough to throw the inhabitants of one dimension into alternate dimension. The combination that Lady Ravenclaw mentioned certainly seemed to have enough potential. Furthermore, the fact that these people addressed Tom as Voldemort rather than the Dark Lord or He Who Must Not Be Named or something equally trivial was enough proof for Dumbledore to know that these people were not the supporters of Voldemort and thus were trustworthy.

The two things that Dumbledore found most interesting were their date of births and the fact that they mentioned that they (especially Salazar Slytherin) defeated Voldemort in their own universe. Maybe they can help to defeat Voldemort here as well? The prophecy did mention that four people will unite to defeat Voldemort and that those four people will be born in the time span of three years.

The exact years that these four were born in.

The prophecy was the reason that there were no students in the Wizarding world who were born in those years. The reason that Hogwarts had no students for those years. Also the reason that the Wizarding World in general had no hope. Is it possible that the prophecy was referring to these individuals rather than the children born in this world? Even if that is not the truth then wouldn't having the four legendary figures fighting from the side of light, uplift the spirits of the general Wizarding population? Yes it would certainly do so. But I will have to tell them what happened in this world to know where the split happened and what are the common things in these two realities. That is not my style, but for the Greater Good it is the only way and I will do it. Maybe it would be better to let the Wizarding World think that they are indeed the Founders and that might also be better for the Potters, Lupin, Black and the Weasleys. Yes, but first I need to offer them some answers and we can decide together. Maybe finally I can share some of the burden of the war with these strong shoulders.