The Founders Four - A HP Fic Last Part pg21 17/05/15 - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
This is something different! Will be following this one, keep updating!

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter.

Chapter Five: The New World

Whilst Dumbledore was deep in thoughts, the founders were silent to give him time. While they knew the exact moment when Dumbledore reached a decision, through observing his body language and gestures, they remained silent. Dumbledore would have to begin this time. "Thank you for sharing this with me," the headmaster said finally. "After your explanation I can understand your hesitation in sharing the entire story with me; and I am really grateful to you that you decided to trust me with something so vital. I have read something about Alternate Universes at some point in time; I did not go deep into the subject. I will be willing to help you with your research on the subject.

"From what little I remember about Alternate Realities is that these two realities were one, at some point in time. Then at a crucial moment, these two realities split and continued differently from there. So I think that we need to find that crucial point at which our realities split, so that I can update you on the events that took place after that point. Please do correct me if I am wrong here." Dumbledore paused to get the input of the four visitors.

"That is the essence of the Alternate Realities, Headmaster and I agree that it is important to find that crucial point. Perhaps we should start at some more recent events, as both of our realities have Lord Voldemort. In our reality before the rise of Lord Voldemort there was another Dark Lord that was defeated by you. His name was Grindelwald, and he was defeated in nineteen forty five by you. Does that sound familiar to you?" Salazar replied.

"That event seems consistent, after nineteen forty five there were about twenty-five years of relative peace. In nineteen seventy, trouble seemed to have begun underground. There were movements in the dark communities but there was no harm done to the society in general. However, in late seventy-six, there was a major attack on the Diagon Alley and Lord Voldemort declared himself as a Dark Lord. His followers were all masked people so it was difficult to recognise them." Dumbledore explained with a faraway look as he relived the terror of those years.

"This went on for about four years; however the frequency and magnitude of the attacks had decreased. One night in middle of May in nineteen eighty, I was interviewing a lady for the post of Divination, when she recited a prophecy to me." Dumbledore paused to get the visitor's input.

"The events seem consistent till now. As we said earlier, the prophecy referred to a boy who will be born in the end of July and will have the power to defeat the Dark Lord. Is that what the prophecy said in this dimension?" Godric spoke for the first time.

"No, the prophecy was very different in this dimension," After saying so, Dumbledore stood up and took out his Pensieve from the cupboard and deposited the memory of the prophecy in the Pensieve. He then gestured the founders to follow him in the Pensieve to witness the prophecy.

As they went in the Pensieve, they landed in one of the rooms that they recognised to be of Hogshead. Professor Trelawney and professor Dumbledore were seated on the table and Professor Dumbledore was just getting up to leave. That was when Professor Trelawney suddenly spoke in a loud, harsh voice "THEY WILL BE BORN"

Professor Trelawney had gone stiff in her chair; her eyes were out-of-focus and her mouth drooping.

"Four will reunite to create the power to destroy the dark lord

Two born in this year, one is already here and one will join them next year,

Together they will complete the quadrant.

The phoenix, the lion, the otter, and the horse will reunite

The phoenix will be marked and would repeat a victory

The otter will set the ground and achieve the wish of unity

The lion will be the epitome of bravery and a great pillar of strength

The horse will fulfil its hopes and reunite with the phoenix

Four will unite to create the power and channel through the phoenix to destroy the dark lord"

After coming out of Pensieve, everyone settled back and after a few moments Dumbledore continued.

"Halfway through, we realised there was someone eavesdropping. He was a Death Eater who relayed the prophecy to Voldemort" Dumbledore said in a sad and disappointed voice

"Well that is similar to what happened in our timeline as well, but the contents of the prophecy was different. How much did the eavesdropper hear, and what did Voldemort decide to do after listening to it?" Salazar asked whilst bracing himself to hear some horrible story.

"The eavesdropper only heard the first two lines of the prophecy. Meaning he only knew that four children born in a time gap of three years will reunite and together they will have the power to kill Voldemort." Dumbledore paused for a moment. After that it seemed that it took a lot of effort to answer the next question

"Voldemort decided that he would need to eliminate the threat before they had the chance to 'unite and create the power'. Thus he tracked down every single magical child born in those three years and managed to kill them all. He especially killed Harry Potter, Neville Longbottom, Ronald and Ginevra Weasley with his own hands as they were what he considered the biggest threats to him. He also killed Marlene McKinnon, Harry's Godmother and his babysitter of the day, young Neville's parents, and Fabian and Gideon Prewett ' as they were babysitting young Ronald and Ginevra. Along with the children born in magical families, he also managed to get hold of list of Muggle born children and killed most of them whilst they were at playschool. There were many play schools destroyed in that time. However there was one case where his Death Eater directly attacked a Muggle home. They were killed along with their one and half year old daughter Hermione Granger." Dumbledore fell silent but his eyes were far away as if watching the scene of destruction in front of his eyes at that very moment.

All four founders were in shock and horror at the revelations and they could not find words to describe their feelings. They thought that the war in their world was bad but to eliminate an entire generation of witches and wizards?

However before they could form words to express their shock, Dumbledore continued with his story.

"Almost all of our good fighters were killed or permanently injured. Either that or they had lost a child and were too disheartened by that fact. Especially the Weasleys, Potters, Sirius Black and Remus Lupin. They have still not gotten over how Voldemort killed young Harry, Ron and Ginny. They have lost the confidence to ever be in a battle or fight back, so Voldemort takes great pleasure attacking them and watching them crumble and not fight back. They were our most talented fighters; but now they are here at Hogwarts teaching and training the next generation. They are affected so badly that they never had any more children, as they have a fear in themselves that if they did have another child then even that child will be killed by Voldemort himself."

Dumbledore had tears in his eyes so he paused to wipe them off and also to give a few moments to the travellers.

"After that, the light side did not have many fighters and the people who are still alive have lost hope or something to fight for. I have done what I can to keep Hogwarts safe. Till now I have managed to keep the Death Eaters out of Hogwarts but the students here live in fear of what is happening to their family and friends. We had three years without any student and that was the time when the atmosphere at Hogwarts was very tense."

Dumbledore took a sip of water and took a moment to come back from those memories before continuing. During this time, there was a moment of complete silence where the travellers sat there in a state of complete shock, trying to imagine the horrors that were a reality in this world.

Ron and Ginny were thinking about their family and their parents and trying to imagine what they must have gone through.

Hermione was devastated about her parents' death but then she thought of the state of the Potters and the Weasleys, she felt that at least her parents did not suffer through that pain. However, just as she thought of that she could see the face of Mrs Weasley in front of her eyes. But something was not right. Mrs Weasley's face was filled with grief, pain and longing rather than happiness and contentment. She had tears in her eyes just thinking of it and could not even begin to think what it must have been like to live a life like that. She thought her life would be like that as well now, as everyone in her world was dead. But maybe, just maybe, she could live here and be there for these people.

All three were trying to think how it might feel to live after losing everything and imagine losing all hope and feel all alone in the world.

Harry on the other hand, was extremely happy to know that everyone that he loved was alive in this world, but he did not want them to live like that. He knew exactly how it felt to be left all alone in the world without any hope. He was thinking back to his own life and remembering how he missed his parents whilst growing up. How he always wished for someone to rescue him and come for him and be his ray of hope. Then coming to Hogwarts and entering his parents' world but still feeling alone. Then finally meeting Sirius and Remus and having a sense of belonging for the first time in his life and then their deaths and how after Sirius' death he didn't want to fight anymore. How he was afraid that if he let anyone close to him anymore, then Voldemort would target and kill them. How he had accepted that he was born to live alone.

He felt he knew how his parents, the Weasleys, Sirius and Remus must have felt and how they must still be feeling. He felt miserable and wanted to do something for them. However he knew one thing, that if he told them that he was Harry and how he was saved then they will be feeling guilty about not being able to do the same for 'their Harry'.

He did not know what to do, or how to reduce their pain. But he knew one thing for sure; he will not let them suffer anymore. He will take away their fear of losing someone close to them. Even if it killed him. He will not let them die and try his best to make life easier, especially for his parents, Sirius and Remus. He will do what he could not for his parents, Sirius and Remus in his own world. He will protect them with all that he has. He will use any and all the means available at his disposal to destroy Voldemort.

Edited by pari0706 - 10 years ago
Interesting and informative update. Really looking forward to how this whole alternate reality pans out! :D
Both chapters were really interesting! This alternate reality thing is sounding super exciting!
Hey, 

I am glad you all liked the chapter, here's the next one 

Note: I know that many of you might be confused as I keep switching from the names of the Four Founders to our trio and Ginny; and vice versa. However, it was necessary to do that till last chapter as they were all making revelations and also using the names of our trio + Ginny made it easier to relate the Four Founders to them. But enough of the confusion, from this chapter onwards, I will only address them as Founders. So once again for everyone's information: Harry is Salazar, Hermione is Rowena, Ron is Godric and Ginny is Helga.

I hope this clears the confusion. If you have any more questions or suggestions then feel free to tell me about it in your review of via PM. Enjoy reading.

Chapter Six: Decisions

Having lived in this world, Dumbledore was the first to come out of his thoughts.

"We need to make a decision." Said Dumbledore gently to break their chain of thoughts

"Everyone in the Great Hall will know that some people have appeared and we will need a story to tell them. We have a few options, first being that we tell them the entire truth, I don't think that it will be a good option for various reasons."

"Yes, the entire truth can lead to many unwanted complications that we would rather not involve ourselves with." Salazar agreed

"Indeed," Dumbledore nodded. "Our second option is that we tell them that you are the Founders and have somehow stumbled into the future. This option seems the best as it will explain your lack of knowledge to some of the things and it will ensure that you gain respect and are able to unite the students of Hogwarts."

"Certainly, it will also ensure that people will have a hope that they can win this war against Voldemort." Salazar added

"Does that mean that you are willing to help us in this war?" Dumbledore asked with hope filled in his eyes.

"Indeed yes Professor, it seems that we are here for a long period of time, and we cannot just let people die when there is something we can do about it; and we will also fulfil the prophecy in the meantime." Helga agreed whilst the trio nodded in agreement.

"That is more than what I could ask for. I thank you for this. However there is one more option I can think of. I do not think it is advisable but it can certainly be considered. We have a small group of Witches and Wizards that were or are still fighting with Voldemort's rule. We are not very active but we try to keep Hogwarts and some of the residences safe. We also help in the aftermath of attacks. Maybe we can tell them the entire truth. It will boost their confidence. This group is called the Order of the Phoenix". Dumbledore suggested.

"Professor, that is a good suggestion but I wanted to inquire why you think that it is not advisable that we tell the entire truth to the Order of the Phoenix?." Rowena inquired with a confused look on her face. She couldn't understand why they cannot share this with such a trusted group. Even Godric and Helga seemed confused at this.

However before Dumbledore could reply, Salazar explained, "Because Sirius, Remus, Mr & Mrs Weasley and my parents are also a part of this group." Salazar turned to see his friends' faces before continuing.

"Think over it, they have spent almost twenty years trying to protect what is left of their family. Also they are still mourning us and are trying to get over the fact that their children were killed by Voldemort. Do you think they are likely to just accept us and be happy?"

Salazar paused for a few moments to let them think this over before he continued.

"Ric Helga, I know that your parents will happily accept us, but have you ever thought what your mother might feel?" He paused again to give them a chance to contemplate what their mother would feel.

"If I know her, then she will feel two things at one time, she will be extremely happy to see you both healthy and alive, but at the same time she will break down thinking that she couldn't save you in this world! Do you want her to go through this?"

"But Sal don't you think that they will want to know us? We are here and we cannot change that, and we cannot hide our realities from them for long, they will come to know at some time." Helga countered

"I agree but I feel that we need to let them get to know us as individuals before we tell them who we really are. This way we can know them as your parents in this world; they will have a hope to get revenge from Voldemort and they will also not stop us from fighting." Explained Salazar

"You think they will stop us from fighting?" Rowena exclaimed

"Think over it Row, Molly withheld information from us for "our own safety". Granted that she was following Dumbledore's orders in our fifth year, but what about the information that Dumbledore was willing to share? If you remember, she was the one who told Sirius not to answer our questions. Then last year, we became adults and she knew that we have some mission that Dumbledore left us. But she still did not seem willing to allow us to fight. Given her way she would have not let us fight at all. That was when she had lost her brothers in the First War. The Mrs Weasley in this world has lost our counterparts to Voldemort. Do you think she will let us face him again if she came to know who we were?"

Everyone contemplated what he said and realised that he was right.

"I agree with you Sal, mum might stop us from going out to fight, but if she knew that we are capable of fighting and got to know us as Founders first then she will respect us and even fight with us. I do not like it but I think what you are saying is the right way to do things, at least for the time being." Godric agreed

After listening to Godric, even Rowena and Helga nodded to give their consent.

While all this was going on Dumbledore was quietly listening in on their conversation. He was impressed by the way Salazar (or as he was called in this life "Harry") explained the situation.

However he was deep in thought, 'What Salazar has stated was indeed one of the reasons why it was not a good idea to reveal their true identities. However the main reason was the Potters.

He knew for a fact that they did not judge a person based on their dark background. James' friendship with a werewolf (Remus) and a dark wizard by birth (Sirius) was enough proof of that. However, all four of them loved little Harry a lot, and when little Harry died they were hurt very deeply. While Remus, Sirius and Lily might overlook the dark background of this Harry; James will not do so.'

'James will not accept this Harry as Salazar easily and be extremely rude with him.' Dumbledore thought. 'He might also become over protective of Lily and his friends and try to 'save' them from Salazar.'

'James had always hated Slytherins right from his childhood and the fact that his very precious son was killed by the heir of Slytherin has only added to his hate. No, James hates Slytherin way too much and he will not accept this Salazar reincarnated Harry as the alternate version of his son. Well his love for his son might win, but that will only be when James realises that this Harry/Salazar is not evil. Furthermore, if James will not accept this Harry/Salazar than the other three will also not talk to him as they would not want to hurt James more. They are one of the most closely knitted groups I have ever seen. Whatever their decision will be, the will not leave each other's side.'

'Now the key to this problem was that James gets to know Salazar as an individual and before telling him who Salazar really is. At least till they find out on their own or they start trusting Salazar, whichever comes first.'

However what is interesting here is that Salazar does not want to draw attention to this situation. Probably because he knows that this might be James' reaction. I will have to keep an eye on it but for now I will let it go. Yes, that seems to be the right choice for now. In any case, Salazar's reasoning is also true, Molly would not let them fight and that would only lead to a disaster.'

Whilst Dumbledore was in his thoughts, Rowena noticed that Salazar was not talking about his parents, Remus or Sirius. She suspected that this was the main reason he did not want to reveal their true identities to everyone. She also realised that if her suspicion was right then it will be very important for Salazar to first win the trust of those four people. And if it was important for Salazar then she will be with him. That was the main reason why she agreed with Salazar's suggestion.

Unknown to her, Godric and Helga had also noticed Salazar's omission of his parents, Sirius and Remus and had suspected the same thing as Hermione. It was also the main reason why they agreed with Salazar. Salazar had always been there for them when they needed him the most, especially when their parents were killed by Voldemort's Death Eaters. If they could do something for Salazar then they were ready for it. Even if that meant not being able to tell their real identities to the alternate versions of their dead parents for a while; they will do it for Salazar.

Salazar on the other hand was lost in the thoughts of Sirius, Remus and his parents and how he will not be able to take their hate, especially after knowing who he really was. He knew he was being a coward by not facing them, but he did not want to be rejected again. As that will be equal to losing them again; and that he cannot take.

Everyone was brought back from their thoughts by Hermione's question to Dumbledore.

"Headmaster, was that your reason too?" Rowena inquired as she had a doubt that this was not the reason when Dumbledore suggested this option.

"Yes, indeed that was one of the reasons. The other reason being that the less people knows about this, the better the chance that this will not be leaked." Dumbledore replied. "That will give us a distinct advantage against Voldemort; after all knowledge is power, and a very powerful one at that." He chose to omit the fact that his other main reason was the Potters.

Everyone nodded acknowledging that reason as well.

"So I will introduce you to the school as the Founders tomorrow. The story is that you were in the middle of a battle and somehow managed to land yourselves in future. Is that all right?" Dumbledore inquired.

"Yes Headmaster, that seems perfect, furthermore I think that it would be beneficial for all if we refer to ourselves as the founders even amongst ourselves. This will ensure that we do not slip up in front of others." Salazar suggested

"Yes that will be a good idea mate." Godric agreed.

Rowena and Helga nodded.

"If that is sorted then we would take your leave for the night Headmaster, we will see you at the Great Hall tomorrow for breakfast" Salazar concluded.

"Indeed, I will ask the House-Elves to guide you to your quarters." Dumbledore suggested

"That will not be required Headmaster, all of us have our own secret quarters that are hidden in this castle" Rowena informed

After this everyone stood up and the four travelers left for their quarters; whilst Dumbledore went to his sleeping quarters with a smile on his face and hope in his eyes.

part 5
nice part...
cont soon...
That's awesome. I'm really excited for the next. It's a bit weird to see Harry as Salazar, considering he was the one who did the whole blood thing, but anyways, Harry does have Slytherin-ish qualities. ðŸ˜³
Originally posted by bookworm-ALS--

That's awesome. I'm really excited for the next. It's a bit weird to see Harry as Salazar, considering he was the one who did the whole blood thing, but anyways, Harry does have Slytherin-ish qualities. ðŸ˜³

Hmm so you think that Salazar started the whole thing because the history says so... but is that really the truth? ðŸ˜‰

and you are right that Harry does have slytherin-ish qualities

@svpd: I have updated part 6. 
hey nyc 1 dear...
jst read d begng its cooll
i will continue readng dis one..keep updatng