Posted: 11 years ago

Hey everyone!

I'm back with another OS. Yea, I know. I'm crazy! πŸ˜† Anyway, it's based on the song 'YunHi' from the movie 'Tanu Weds Manu'. It'd be awesome if you could listen to it while reading the part. It's a great song and I thought of this when I heard it so yeah. Oh well, enough of my rambling. Here's the OS. Hope you guys like it! πŸ˜³ It's not great, but I REALLY wanted to pen something down based on it. And VOILA!
Obviously, the song isn't mine to begin with, just used it here! πŸ˜†

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Kitne dafe dil ne kaha, dil ki suni, kitne dafe?

Waise bhi toh teri naa mein bhi, maine dhundh Ii apni khushi,

Tu agar haan kahe, toh baat hogi aur hi.'

Keshav Desai was a confused soul. Actually, 'confused' was an understatement; he was lost. He'd always been someone who listened to his head and never made emotional decisions. He was logical, practical and the most rational being; if he said so himself. Never once had he relied on his feelings to guide him through a difficult situation; except this once.

Yeah. Keshav Desai, or KD as he was fondly called, was in love. He wasn't confused as to whether his feelings were genuine or how he should convey them to his beloved. In fact, he'd been absolutely sure of how he felt for over 3 years now, and he'd made them explicitly clear to her on more than a few occasions. However, there was one little problem; her refusal.

He couldn't help but chuckle at the irony of things. She used to be the bane of his existence until a couple of years ago. He hated her, she hated him. It was a love-story waiting to be made, actually. He had fully intended to humiliate her, break her trust; the whole enchilada, purely for revenge. And when he finally had, the tears shining in her eyes had hit him like a ton of bricks.

That was that. He'd come to realize that what he felt for Kiya Gujral was a little more than hate. Kiya Gujral - the girl who'd been somewhat like a coconut; tough on the exterior, and soft, warm, friendly by nature.  Yeah, he wasn't a total Shakespeare when it came to love and its metaphors and similes and all that jazz. He couldn't believe himself. Had anyone told him that he'd be in love with a girl he loathed, he'd have laughed at their faces and called them names.

Now, he wasn't so sure. He'd tried everything; avoiding her like the plague, which wasn't so hard considering the fact that he'd been an absolute jerk; living in denial; every damn thing. But it became easier to live with as the days went by. He had tried to apologise, it hadn't worked. Why should it? He was the one who'd screwed up; he was the one who believed in any damn thing that was said to him.

Eventually though, she'd forgiven him. She treated him like she would an acquaintance. Gradually, over time, their relationship had changed to one of friendship. He'd tried to look at all the pros and cons of her reaction and had decided to go for it and tell her how he felt about her. She had looked at him for a long minute, and there was the rejection that he'd feared. He knew it would come, but he believed in telling her what he felt, and that was that. He'd tried lots of times, but her answer hadn't changed. Although the hesitation in her voice had started to increase every time he professed his love, she still refused.

He'd come to terms with the fact that she still regarded him as the guy who broke her trust; not that he was happy about it obviously. He'd gotten used to her refusal.

'Dil hi rakhne ko kabhi

Upar upar se sahi

Keh dena tha,

Keh dena 'haan' yunhi hi'         

He'd never given up on her though; and he wouldn't. And wasn't that what love was all about? 'Waiting' and cheesy things like those? He always had a hopeful look on his face, hoping that she'd agree to go on a date with him. Just one. He hoped that she'd give him a second chance. However, considering all the spiteful things that he'd said to her, he wasn't so sure.

He'd told her that he'd be happy spending the day with her while just 'being friends'. It was extremely out of character for him to go and ask her for a date over and over again. Guess love does make people do funny things.

'Kitne dafe hairaan hua, main yeh soch ke

Uthti hai ibaadat ki khushbuyein, kyun mere ishq se?

Jaise hi mere honth yeh chu lete hain tere naam ko

Lage ke sajda kiya, keh ke tujhe, shabad ke bol doon,

Yeh khudaai chhod ke, fir aa jaa tu zameen pe,

Aur jaa na kahin, tu saath rehja mere.'

When he'd first started thinking of what love meant to him, he hadn't related it to something that he would worship. However, he had related it to something that he'd consider to be sacred. Not having had enough love from his parents, he'd thought that when he'd find the right girl, he'd cherish her, and wouldn't hurt her, if he could help it. Despite the faade he put up in front of the people at school, he was someone who cared; Keshav Desai believed in love. 

What he didn't believe was that he'd fall for the one girl that he'd hurt the most; the one girl that had annoyed him to no end when he'd first met her. What wouldn't he give for her to just spend the day with him, albeit arguing like the old days?

'Kitne dafe mujhko laga, tere saath udte hue,

Aasmaani dukaano se dhundh ke, pighlaa don main chand yeh

Tumhare inn kaanon mein, pehna bhi doon, boondein bana

Phir yeh main soch loon, samjhegi tu, jo main na keh saka

Par darta hoon abhi, naa yeh tu puche kahiin, kyun laye ho yeh?

Kyun laaye ho yeh yun hi?'

Although they were friends, there wasn't a single moment where she'd acted freely around him. He thought of the relationship between them as tepid. He desperately wished there was something he could do to make it all right.

As he was walking down the market on his way home that day, he'd seen a beautiful pair of pearl earrings. His first thought was to buy them for her. In the perfect world, she'd accept them with a big smile and forgive him for everything that he did to her, truly; and look at his face long enough to know that his feelings were genuine. But a perfect world wasn't what he was living in and therefore, she'd take one look at them and ask him why he had bought them for her; to which, he'd reply with a small 'because I like you', and she'd smile, shake her head and walk off.

Keshav Desai glanced at the radio that had stopped playing the song that had made his mind reel. He looked up at the moon, realized that it was the only thing that they had in common at that point, smiled at his foolishness and began his walk home; his mind filled with her thoughts and a sad smile on his face. 

----------------------------------------

That's a wrap! 
REVIEW or hit the 'like' button!

Cheers!

-Raina

Edited by CutielovesChocs - 11 years ago
Hayye mera KD!!![<3]
Forget Kiya Gujral and come to me delicious*Stands in signature SRK pose with arms wide open*

I LOVED this...Come to think of it,I love everything you write Raina.Poor KD...I actually feel sorry for him.He messed up real bad.I hope he gets his chance.

OMG!!!!Chanda Mama yahan bhi!!!!Isi baat par KD ke liye kuch lafz...
"Chanda hai tu mera suraj hai tu
Oh meri aakhon ka tarah hai tu"

🀣
Originally posted by DamonCrazy_D3

Hayye mera KD!!![<3]
Forget Kiya Gujral and come to me delicious*Stands in signature SRK pose with arms wide open*

I LOVED this...Come to think of it,I love everything you write Raina.Poor KD...I actually feel sorry for him.He messed up real bad.I hope he gets his chance.

OMG!!!!Chanda Mama yahan bhi!!!!Isi baat par KD ke liye kuch lafz...
"Chanda hai tu mera suraj hai tu
Oh meri aakhon ka tarah hai tu"

🀣

SHAAAZ! πŸ˜† 

Bhagwaan ke ghar der hai, andher nahin! You'll get him eventually! πŸ˜‰

Thank you sooo much! πŸ˜³ 

Are yaar, gaane mein hai, main kya karoon!?😳
KD ki pheeling:
'Chand sifaarish, jo karta humaari, 
Deta woh tumko bata' πŸ˜†
hey loved it. it's awesomeπŸ˜‰
you write awesome
poor KD. i hope Kiya forgives him. i can't see him like this
once again 'awesome'πŸ‘πŸΌ

Originally posted by keshiya

hey loved it. it's awesomeπŸ˜‰
you write awesome
poor KD. i hope Kiya forgives him. i can't see him like this
once again 'awesome'πŸ‘πŸΌ

Aw, thank you SO much!😳

Yeah, I can't see KD like that either! πŸ˜­
Originally posted by CutielovesChocs

Aw, thank you SO much!😳

Yeah, I can't see KD like that either! πŸ˜­
ur welcome
This was so AMAZING!!! Truly everything u write is so cool!! Hope kiya forgives him! 😭
Originally posted by TBPfanforever

This was so AMAZING!!! Truly everything u write is so cool!! Hope kiya forgives him! 😭

Hey! 

Thank you SO much! It's just an OS, so I'd like to say that yes she forgives him! πŸ˜†
Originally posted by _Aanchal_

fabulous πŸ‘πŸ‘

Thanks Aanchal! πŸ˜³
Raina u are such an amazing writer! It was so good to read such a side of KD :)