Posted: 11 years ago

I'm in a nurturing phase: Rupali Ganguly

Purva Desai, TNN | Oct 5, 2012, 12.15PM IST
inShare
Read More:Sony Entertainment Television|Rupali Ganguly|Parvarrish
Tweet
I'm in a nurturing phase: Rupali Ganguly
Rupali Ganguly
She plays the mother of three kids on Sony Entertainment Television's Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi and Rupali Ganguly was very clear that she did not want to play mother to a 20 year old something.

But things changed a bit for Rupali withParvarrish. "I really wanted to play a mum on the show but not to some 20 year old. Maybe kids aged 9 and 10. But my daughter Raavi is a teenager. Fortunately or unfortunately, I am not married and I guess you reach an age and a phase after your thirties where you enter the nurturing mode. So I was really looking forward to playing this role".

While most of her contemporaries shy at the thought of playing a motherly role and even quit shows when they go for a time leap. But Rupali is not one to be deterred. "I was offered three shows with Deeya Singh but I only wanted to do Parvarrish. The producers were considering which sister I should play but I was adamant to play Pinky."

And her decision turned out just right. "We have a blast on sets and it's so much fun during shoots. All the actors on sets including the kids are just brilliant".

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thankzz 4 sharing..😛

She is doing quite a nice job in da serial..👍🏼
Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for sharing!

Whatever she has said is so true and totally right. May would know such a feeling. But she's attached with the kids is really good!

And yeah she's doing wonderful in Parvarrish 👏😳
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing!

She is doing a fabulous job. And yeah, it's good that she chose Pinky because Shweta has caught the character of Sweety perfectly.
yomamma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The only other places I had seen Rupali is New York life ads and Big Boss. I really liked her in the NY life ads but hated her in Big Boss. She came across as the biggest cry baby on earth!!! But in Parvarrish is when I got to see her acting and I think she's an absolutely brilliant actress. She does justice to the role 100%.
Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: yomamma

The only other places I had seen Rupali is New York life ads and Big Boss. I really liked her in the NY life ads but hated her in Big Boss. She came across as the biggest cry baby on earth!!! But in Parvarrish is when I got to see her acting and I think she's an absolutely brilliant actress. She does justice to the role 100%.

Same here..😳😆
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
thanks for sharing!!

yes she is doing wonderful job in Parvarishh!!!
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
She is doing 200% FAB job with her character.. She makes Pinky SO believable with her acting !! 😃
100prabh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing!!!
She is doing a great job as Pinky and its good she chose Pinky and not Sweety as Shweta has really caught the character of Sweety!!!!

silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
I remember seeing her in big boss and apparently there were rumours about her and Ravi Kishan (like couldn't you do better?? ew)

the best part was...during the finale, the producers were showing a video to the audience with both Ravi and Rupali and Ravis wife was fuming...

I am sure he got the couch for a month and week old roti for his actions..lol

but yeah Rupali does the role of Pinky really well

I just dont get why she would wanna be Pinky..cause as of late they are showing her dumbed down

Edited by silvermoonlight - 11 years ago