So it boils down to a divorce

payal7 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Let me say at the start I am not interested in jodis and I liked all the characters at the start because they all had strengths and weaknesses like all human beings and the relationships portrayed were very real. The mother-daughter bond (a mother who knows the inevitable will happen but does not want to shatter her daughter's dreams), the strong mama-bhanja relationship despite the differences in their personalities, the real animosity between TVS's and TJS's family etc

So those that read this post please read it NOT from the view point of the characters you like BUT as an intelligent audience.

This beautiful serial that started off so well and which we all thought would deal with how a girl would become an inspiration for her community so that future generations of her community would not be tied down by the shackles of Rai and Sardhaki has turned into whether a divorce is acceptable or not?

What a waste of an opportunity to create something unique/different.

To get to this very mundane and not particularly interesting question we have had all of the main characters being butchered so that they have become polar opposites of what they were. We have had resurrecting of dead characters ' wife, mother.

When you cut through all the drama what you are left with is - TVS being told by all that he must stay in his marriage and forget Sugni. He on the other hand wants to divorce Reva, marry Sugni and live his life happily.

No one goes into a marriage with the expectation that it will not work out. But unfortunately not all matches are made in heaven. That is not to say that one or the other person in the marriage is bad. Both people as individuals might be great but together they are not right for each other. In this case, especially where no children are involved it is right for the person who is not happy to seek a divorce. Of course the other person may not want a divorce and it is up to them as a couple to resolve whether they can make the marriage work or whether they go their separate ways provided adequate provisions are made for the future of the weaker spouse which in India tends to be the wife.

No one should be forced to stay in a marriage if they do not wish to do so. If they are, then they will:

-           resent/dislike and ultimately hate their partner for forcing them into a relationship they do not want to be part of;

-          the partner when they finally accept that the relationship is over will resent the partner for wasting their life

-          live as strangers under the same roof,  probably show very little kindness/consideration towards each partner,

-          probably have an affair(s), use prostitutes etc.

A waste of a lifetime being unhappy, resentful, hating the person you are with is a high price to pay for one mistake.

To make TVS stay in his marriage Sugni will marry Adi thereby making herself unavailable to TVS but live under the same roof.

Only the two people in a marriage can make/break/save a marriage. It is not possible to make someone stay in the marriage they do not want to be in.  So their self imposed "sacrifice" will:

-          create a totally unholy immoral relationship. A woman cannot have a relationship with 2 men in the same family. Its sick.

-          tie them together for a lifetime in  a relationship in which one person respects her and her mother but hates her community and have nothing in common

-          take away his right to spend his life with a woman he cares for/loves and who has loved him since childhood.

-          destory 5 lives (TVS, Reva, Sugni, Adi and Amu)

A very high price to pay to keep TVS in his marriage but which will ultimately achieve nothing if he still divorces Reva or if he stays in the marriage but its in name only (the consequences of which I have set out above)

So what have been shown:

1. that a divorce is not acceptable and that a person's does not have the right to make their own choice of how to live their life.

We live in the 21st Century. Marriage should not be taken lightly but if after giving it every chance it does not work then a divorce is the answer. NO STIGMA should be attached to a divorce or anyone (men or women) who is divorced.

2. that in the name of sacrifice a IMMORAL unnecessary relationship is formed and God has been used to endorse it. That is SCARLIDGE. The fact this OFF LIMTS relationship is being endorsed by the adults in the family is reprehensible.

This show is watched by viewers with impressionable minds who may see this "Sacrifice" as romantic and put into action. In the real world such an action would destroy lives, destroy a family and in the worst case could cost someone their life. Therefore such sacrifice SHOULD NOT be glamorised.

Edited by payal7 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Binny... thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I agree this show has left logical reasoning far behind.. Sugni is enraged that she was lied to and believes a man who will never love the women he married should be forced to live with her for what exactly will that appease her mind.. her character has been dumbed down as the show progresses.. she loves him he was not aware of his wife's existence until he had fallen in love and is more then willing to divorce a women with whom he shared no happiness for a life filled with love.. I understand her predicament of breaking a family apart but she refuses to comprehend you cannot force someone to love one another.. as for rewa her love seems selfish she simply wants him irrespective of his feelings.. she may love him as she proclaims but he has quite bluntly stated his true feelings.. !! TVS can be blamed for hiding the truth.. but apart from that he loves Sugni she loves him and both refuse to see the others perspective..Sugni refuses to allow a failed marriage to end yet finds no fault in separating aditya from the women he cares for..!!
Edited by ...Binny... - 11 years ago
Saviosaraff thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You got it all in one post Payal and what a wonderful post :

would just like to add to your lines one more line.

No one should be forced to stay in a marriage if they do not wish to do so. If they are, then they will:

-           resent/dislike and ultimately hate their partner for forcing them into a relationship they do not want to be part of;

-          the partner when they finally accept that the relationship is over will resent the partner for wasting their life

-          live as strangers under the same roof,  probably show very little kindness/consideration towards each partner,

-          probably have an affair(s), use prostitutes etc.

-  Kill one of the partners as so often happens nowadays.  Crime patrol is full of such cases.

The worst part of this show is they are using Sita Maiya to endorse such a relationship which is very very sickening.  Please do not degrade the Indian Gods to cover up for the CVs mistakes.
payal7 thumbnail
Thank you Saviosaraff

I am fustrated at the direction this serial has taken - as it was missold but I am now more concerned with the messages it is sending out to about divorce and immoral relationships.

The number of opinions I have read on this forum about how dare TVS think about leaving Reva has shocked me into realising that a divorce is unacceptable to so many when one person is unhappy in that marriage. This too when a man wants to divorce his wife and is willing to make provisions for her as he considers her his responsibility. It made we wonder what the opinion would be if it was a woman who wanted a divorce. We live in the 21st century and these kind of messages are so wrong.

komal07 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Payal writers and cvz know what Indian audience buy and what not. I have seen couple of Indians around here.They are married but living all alone i asked them the reason of why not giving divorce to their partners since both are not even living together. They say their families pressurized them to not give divorce at any condition as it's something " Paap" Cuz once you 're married and have taken vows with ur partner that means those vows can't be taken back. I know a woman who was my neighbor here she lived all her life without her husband and they were never divorced.I don't think 21st century can do any good if u're welcoming it with such close minds. But they were all older enough and were belong to previous generation so i didn't say much to them BUT i used to think at least our generation will understand this? I'm so disappointed with this generation as well.We are not opening our brains and still stuck to some nonsense things. I have said it enough times and will say it again and again Please for God sake don't make divorce a SIN. Instead of living ur life in hell just go and get divorce and start ur life all over again.Every human being deserves to live a happy life.Nobody should take their rights from them. I would say LIVE AND LET LIVE PLEASE.
sorry no offense please.
Edited by komal07 - 11 years ago
ForeverSHINee thumbnail
Excellent post Payal👏I have seen marriages like this where the two partners live together due to family pressure but continue to resent each other and quarrel all the time. If a partner is unhappy with marriage with marriage then he or she is fully entitled to seek divorce especially in a case like this where no children is involved and the man is willing to provide for his wife after divorce. There is no way they can justify Adi-Sugni relationship. The CVS have made a mockery of human relationships in order to justify this pair. I hope no one in real life follows example of Adi and Sugni.
payal7 thumbnail
Anastasia

Thats my point. To keep one bad relationship in tact another bad/reprehensible/immoral relationship is created. 

What does that achieve - there were 2 unhappy people before (TVS and Reva) now there will be 4 definately possibly 6. TVS-Reva, Adi-Sugni and possibly Amu-Mr X.

What TVS said in Friday's episode is soo true - "Ya tamasha jo tum Kurbani ka naam da kar Mahan baan ki koshish kar rahi ho na woh sachia me 4 zindagi ko barbad karna ki zidda hai" and "Jub hum pyaar ko tadap tadap kar maar jaya tub Adi ki Ratha Yatra nikalna or kahana ya dekho mahan Aditya usko yai munjrua tha ka uska mama pyaar ka liya tadap tadap kar maar jaya per usna uska ghar na tuta na diya"

Its worrying when the person that is suppose to be bad/evil/grey/obsessive/crazy is talking commom sense and the good guys are acting like they have gone mad.😡

Vinnie79 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
The whole concept of this show is now wrong sided, where what they are showing as wrong/evil behavior is acceptable to most of us here, and what is being shown as righteous good behavior is hated by the majority!
 Before it was the upliftment of the bedini's , now it is some sappy obsessive watered down lovestory with every one on the show except Gulabiya  sad/ unhappy...( maybe she is the uplifted bedini, living her dream  trough her daughter!)
Really even in a country like India divorce happens and I don't see people picketing around these people houses because they got divorced!!!.
  If they wanted to send a positive message, they could have shown  that even if Reva got a Divorce from Vickram her life  did not end,...I mean I am sure he would make sure she has all the comforts she is accustomed to!
 Instead they are encouraging  people  to stay in abusive relationships, once life gets tough, look for a man to attach yourself too, even if that means selling yourself.  Forget everything about morals and humanity. Lie to get what you want! (sorry that part applies to Vick ram as well, although props to him for trying to fix it!l)
 COME ONE CV's  WE KNOW YOU ARE HERE READING THESE  THINGS>>>>>FIX YOURSELVES , FIX THE STORY!