Baal Veer

*Baal Veer Article Archives*No Comments - Page 3

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

TB: Shama Sikander produces and acts in her music video

Saturday, December 22, 2012 | 5:51:17 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

The song has been sung, written and composed by Alex O'Neil and programmed and mixed by talented upcoming music producer Bharat Goel...

Shama Sikander popularly known as Bhayankar Pari of the serial Baal Veer will soon be seen in a music video.

The actress who has shown many shades of her talent by modelling, acting and launching her own boutique now has also gotten herself into producing a music video and featuring in it.

The music video consists of romantic sad songs that are full of emotion, love and passion for losing the one you love. The song has been sung, written and composed by Alex O'Neil and programmed and mixed by talented upcoming music producer Bharat Goel. The direction of the video has been done by Manish Jain an upcoming director and produced by Shama Sikander.

Shama quoted by saying "We are very lucky and grateful to Mr. Alphonse Roy to shoot this for us, we are blessed to work with him, he is just out of the world. Im featuring in it with Alex, it is a beautiful track one of his best and my favourite, so we decided it to be the first song to be shot. We are having a great time it's so poetic and passionate just a treat to your eyes, I am in love with every bit of it.

Reporter: Nadia Malik.
Editor: Ayushi Sinha.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: You can't stop the world from judging you: Shama Sikander

Thursday, December 27, 2012 | 12:00:14 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

TV actress Shama Sikander features with her American beau Alexx O'Nell in a sensuous video of a song, composed by the latter. Shama says she is not bothered about what people will say of the video.

shama sikander

TV actress Shama Sikander features with her American beau Alexx O'Nell in a sensuous video of a song, composed by the latter. Shama says she is not bothered about what people will say of the video.

"You can't stop the world from judging you. I have never been bothered by all this. We have tried our best to make the song look as beautiful as we could. It is pure art and I am sure people will love it. In case they don't, I can't do anything about it," Shama told IANS.

The track, "Still on my mind", is about a man remembering his lost love. The video has been shot in slow motion, giving it a dreamy feel.

"The slow motion has added to the beauty, serene and calm nature of the song, making it even better," said Shama, who has been seeing Alexx, actress Sweta Keswani's former husband, since the past two years.

Shama also added that the song is full of passion and, therefore, sensuality had to be an important part of it.

"It is an international video and, therefore, had to be sensuous. Sensuality is a must. Plus, the story is about lost love and a man needs to have a lot of passion to be able to emote those feelings. It is very graceful and there is nothing vulgar in it at all," she said.

Will Shama and Alexx continue releasing music videos together now?

"We will see the response and decide. But yes, this song has given me a lot of confidence. I would definitely like to try more of this," she said.

The song will release next month.

Meanwhile, Shama, who carved a niche for herself in the TV industry with hit show "Yeh Meri Life Hai", is currently seen as a grey character in "Baal Veer". She says she was hesitant about how children would react to her character, but they seem to be loving it.

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI: You can't stop the world from judging you: Shama Sikander

IANS | Dec 27, 2012, 07.16 PM IST
You can't stop the world from judging you: Shama Sikander
Shama Sikander
TV actress Shama Sikander features with herAmerican beau Alexx O'Nell in a sensuous video of a song, composed by the latter. Shama says she is not bothered about what people will say of the video.

"You can't stop the world from judging you. I have never been bothered by all this. We have tried our best to make the song look as beautiful as we could. It is pure art and I am sure people will love it. In case they don't, I can't do anything about it," Shama told IANS.

The track, "Still on my mind", is about a man remembering his lost love. The video has been shot in slow motion, giving it a dreamy feel.

"The slow motion has added to the beauty, serene and calm nature of the song, making it even better," said Shama, who has been seeing Alexx, actress Sweta Keswani's former husband, since the past two years.

Shama also added that the song is full of passion and, therefore, sensuality had to be an important part of it.

"It is an international video and, therefore, had to be sensuous. Sensuality is a must. Plus, the story is about lost love and a man needs to have a lot of passion to be able to emote those feelings. It is very graceful and there is nothing vulgar in it at all," she said.

Will Shama and Alexx continue releasing music videos together now?

"We will see the response and decide. But yes, this song has given me a lot of confidence. I would definitely like to try more of this," she said.

The song will release next month. Meanwhile, Shama, who carved a niche for herself in the TV industry with hit show Ye Meri Life Hai", is currently seen as a grey character in Baal Veer". She says she was hesitant about how children would react to her character, but they seem to be loving it.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/You-cant-stop-the-world-from-judging-you-Shama-Sikander/articleshow/17783792.cms
swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Bhayankar Pari turns Bhali Pari !
By Vijaya Tiwari, TNN | Feb 2, 2013, 03.27 PM IST

Bhayankar Pari turns Bhali Pari !
Shama Sikandar

TV Actor Shama Sikandar is currently enjoying her character as Bhayankar Pari in Balveer. 

Shama who is doing a television show after a long hiatus feels that the role of Bhayankar Parihas certainly given her a lot of popularity amongst kids.

"It's really an overwhelming feeling when I see the liking for Bhayankar Pari. When an actor portrays a character on-screen he or she puts in a lot of hard work. And it takes me a lot of patience and time to just get the perfect look. The dress and the head gear which weights a lot but when you get appreciation from the kids it feels that all your hard work and efforts have paid-off."

Soon Bhayankar Pari will turn into a Bhali Pari which Shama explains as a very unique experience, "My character will see a change for a while I will be seen wearing a beautiful white gown and will portray a good fairy."

Well, Shama we just hope that the change brings to you some more fans.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Bhayankar-Pari-turns-Bhali-Pari-/articleshow/18304919.cms

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TOI: I got the creative bug from my maternal side: Shama Sikander

By Swasti Chatterjee, TNN | Dec 11, 2012, 12.15 PM IST
READ MORE Shama Sikander|South Africa|Fashion Designer|Baal Veer

I got the creative bug from my maternal side: Shama Sikander
Shama Sikander

Actor Shama Sikander whom we are currently seeing as the 'Bhayankar Pari' in Baal Veer is a talented fashion designer. And the actress, who was on a break has created the label Saisha two years back. 

"I have been completely attached with the label. Last year we were a part of the prestigious Lakme Fashion Week talent box which was a landmark for me and my label. This year also my fashion label has travelled to South Africaand we got a very good response because there isa huge market for the Indian designers inforeign countries. And it was good for my label as I wanted to capitalise on that." 

Shama feels that her artistic genes have come from her mother and her late uncle. "My mother has been a huge inspiration. In my childhood most of the dresses which I wore were designed by my mom and also she used to do a lot of artistic stuff like table cloth, covers, etc. My uncle also had been a great master and was renowned - so these two persons were enough to inspire me in this field." 

Sikander feels her doing something new in this line was always there in her mind but because she is the eldest in the family she wanted to establish her career first and then try for this. "After acting, there came a time when I realised I am bored doing the same things again and again and that was the time I came up with the label. I am settled with the brand now and I have a full team who will be taking care of this along with me. And when I got Baal Veer I thought this is a good time to do television again and isn't life all about multi-tasking and balancing," she adds.

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Shama's creative instincts
By Swasti Chatterjee, TNN | Dec 16, 2012, 11.53 AM IST

Shama's creative instincts
Shama Sikandar

Shama Sikander has a passion for photography. She has been into photography for a long time now. She keeps a camera handy and also uses her mobile to click pictures. She loves to click whenever she gets time. She has more than thousand pictures in her collection. 

These pictures are particularly close to her heart. She says,"Getting yourself clicked is as fascinating as self clicking. Among them there is a favourite. It was a nice mirror and red lip colour is my favourite. I had gone to the tourist market in Amsterdam where I took this pic. Photography is a way of life for me". 

On being asked how she is feeling being the 'Bhayankar Pari' she says, "Where ever I go, people especially kids recognise me. Fan following among kids have multiplied many folds. Who doesn't like adulation?" On being asked about multi-tasking as she is also running her own fashion labelshe says, "My business is also in place as I have a dedicated team so I am able to manage my work and acting simultaneously." 

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: Shama wants to avoid image trap

Sunday, November 25, 2012 | 1:12:21 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)  

shama sikander

TV actress Shama Sikander doesn't want to get stuck with any particular image and aims to be as versatile as international artists who have the freedom to pick any role at any stage of their lives.

"Outside (abroad), actors are actors. They are not termed as TV actors or film actors. They can do any sort of role in any age. The kind of popularity and respect they get is million times more than us. In India, people like to attach a tag with each and every person," Shama said

"I will always do roles that attract me. I don't get insecure by all these things," added the actress who rose to fame with the TV show "Yeh Meri Life Hai".

After playing an ambitious middle class girl with big dreams in "Yeh Meri Life Hai", Shama is now seen in SAB TV's fantasy show "Baal Veer" in which her character has grey shades. But she is enjoying the role as her motto is do be versatile.

"It depends on how you play the character. I want to play all kinds of characters, I don't want to get stuck anywhere... bind myself in one image. I would like to experiment and that's why I chose this. Because it's a negative role, I am getting to do much more. On TV, there is not much for positive characters," she said.

With more and more reality shows and soaps crowding the small screen, her fantasy show stands a good chance to be liked by all.

"I think this is the right time because we don't have something of this genre. Fantasy always works because people never stop dreaming. Plus, right now we have nothing of this type," she said.

Shama never gets pressurised by people's expectations and says, "When people see you, they do expect something good out of you. But that is only five percent because I work for myself and my pleasure..."

Apart from TV shows, she is trying to make inroads in films and her clothes label also keeps her busy.

"I am working towards films. There are some projects in the pipeline. 15 days of my month goes there, then I have a (clothes) label so I work for that as well."

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13393-shama-wants-to-avoid-image-trap.htm

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: TV actors warmly embrace Mumbai's winter

Thursday, December 06, 2012 | 3:37:54 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

Winter has set in in Mumbai, the mercury has dropped a few degrees, it's just a wee bit chilly. TV actors are thoroughly enjoying this season.

When you think of winter, the scene you instantly conjure up is of a snowy landscape, a cosy fireplace, warm woollen mittens and mugs of hot chocolate. Mumbai, the city where shooting for TV shows happen, however has a maritime climate with very mild winters. Nevertheless TV actors are making the best of Mumbai winters as it's after all a very pleasant season especially for outdoor shooting.

Shama Sikander

Winters are not too chilly in Mumbai, therefore it is very pleasant to shoot outdoors. In summer and monsoon it's difficult to step outdoors in the city. I am going for a winter vacation this year, most probably to Istanbul.

I love dressing up in this beautiful season. As winters in Mumbai are however not too cold, we can't unfortunately dress up the way people of Paris and Delhi do during winters. Nevertheless it's slightly chilly now in Mumbai so I love to wear jackets, scarves and nice leggings with boots.

My skin gets very dry in winter, it is otherwise oily. I wash my skin regularly and moisturize it too. In winter after all your body craves for fats and carbohydrates, nevertheless I try to eat calorie free food. I enjoy a cup of hot tea and coffee during winters and I also like to sip on red wine.

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: "I want to play a lead role" : Roop Durgapal

Tellybuzz in conversation with Roop Durgapala who is seen in popular shows like Balika Vadu and Baal Veer...

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 | 4:14:43 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: India-Forums.com / TellyBuzz  |

Roop Durgapal who is seen playing the role of Shiv's sister in Sphere Orgins' Balika Vadhu and an angel in SAB TV's show Baal Veer, talks about her new print advertisement and about her wish of playing a lead role in daily soaps.

When we spoke to her about her new print ad she said, "I recently shot for ImageBazaar.com and they have liked my pictures a lot. In fact I really enjoyed the photo shoot too. I had donned an Indian look and I loved the clothes which I was given. In short, I like Indian wear."

She is currently doing two shows namely Balika Vadhu and Baal Veer together, so we asked her how she manages her time. "It is very difficult managing time for both. Currently, I am just focusing on Balika Vadhu more, but also I shoot for Baal Veer when I am required on the sets. Balika Vadhu is one of the top and longest running show on television and I am honored to be a part of this show. Baal Veer is a nice show and I enjoy playing the role of Daridari Pari too", said the young actress.

"I am currently playing the role of Shiv's sister in Balika Vadhu as well as one of  the angel in Baal Veer, which are considered as side roles, but I want to play a lead role too. I am eagerly waiting to get one romantic show with me playing the lead in it. Hope my wish comes true soon", she concluded.
swethasyam08 thumbnail
Shahina aka Firang Pari to walk out from Baal Veer!

on March 15 at 04:58pm

In the recent past has seen many TV actors quitting their respective shows. There were a number of them who walked out from their fictions owing to insufficient screen space issues, namely Shilpa Shinde of Chidiya Ghar, Shoaib Ibrahim of Sasural Simar Ka, Jayshree Soni of Rishton Ke Bhanwar Mein Uljhi Niyati, Neha Janpandit of Rab Se Sohna Isshq and the latest actress to quit a telly show is Shahina of SAB TV's Baal Veer.

The actress, who essays the role of Firang Pari, is reportedly not getting sufficient role and has decided to quit the show. She has also gone ahead to put down papers.  "She was not happy with the track and her screen presence became almost minimal. She was promised something else but what turned out later was completely different," says source.

If going by the buzz, the makers are currently searching right actor who can replace her.

http://www.bolegaindia.com/gossips/Shahina_aka_Firang_Pari_to_walk_out_from_Baal_Veer-gid-27026-gc-16.html