Rahul Ram is an amazing persoality.

JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey friends good day!

I didn't know about Rahul N Ram before the sa re ga ma pa. Last night I googled him and found out that he is a wonderful person. He went to convent and St.Stephen college in Delhi. His dad was a professor in Botany department in a university and mom was also teaching Botany. He did his masters in Chemstry - chemical engineering at IIT Kanpur. He was also accepted at IIT Madrass but choose Kanpur becasue his gf was in Delhi, LOL. Also he did his PhD from Cornell (USA) in Environmental Engineering. e says that he wanted to be happy in life thus involved with music because thats what he enjoys the most.

Here is what wikpedia says about him:

Rahul is a Chemical Engineer from IIT Kanpur. Also he did his PhD from Cornell in Environmental Engineering. His music influences come from his experience in real life. He was an activist with the Narmada Bachao Andolan (1990–1995) and he did his PhD in Environmental toxicology from Cornell University(New York) (1986–90). In recent years, Rahul Ram went to America to learn to play the alto-sax, which he intends to bring to the band's music.

Inside his group, he is known as Logic Baba because of his rationality.[4] He has composed music, done playback singing and acted in Bollywood.[5] Rahul, along with Indian Ocean member Asheem, has sung 'Yaara Maula' in a Anurag's Kashayap 'Gulaal', a Hindi movie based on politics.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

JasToronto thumbnail
Hey you all kids and students out there😊

If you have time and care about music and facts of life please do watch this video:

JasToronto thumbnail
And here is Are ruk ja re bande, are tham ja re bande

tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This is some really interesting information about him. I also did not know who he was until Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, but I really felt like he was a good human being. I don't know why, but even from TV I could feel a real positive vibe about him. Interesting to know how brilliant he is! 
Padmajaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
wow jas ji and tulip ji i am feeling so proud to say that I know him very well since ages back!!

Yes he is indeed a great guy. I know his band too right from its inception as also the other band members including one who is unfortunately no more.
JasToronto thumbnail

Originally posted by: lotus1963

wow jas ji and tulip ji i am feeling so proud to say that I know him very well since ages back!!

Yes he is indeed a great guy. I know his band too right from its inception as also the other band members including one who is unfortunately no more.

Wow Padma ji, its good to know and thanks for sharing. He is from Delhi and so do you. I guess his band is active in Delhi area. You also know music Padma ji. Why not try to join their band? They might need a famale voice 😊
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: lotus1963

Oh wow!! That's really nice that you've known him and his band members for so long! Sorry to hear about the one member who is no more. May he rest in peace!
DiamondLife thumbnail
tfs..good to know him..
when i saw him in audition..i had no clueπŸ˜†
i thought javed ali will be one of the judges..because he came to promote during DID
MyInspirationz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I came to know about him, when I visited a live event by the Indian Ocean band in 2006.. but din't know about all these info... 

TFS 😊
rajsun thumbnail
thanx for sharign Jas ,,he seems to be an amazing persoanlity ,,, I look forward to hearing his views , in the show ...
from the contestants choosen they seem to have got gud talent , i look forward to seeing this show every week end 😊