S08 Promotion Poster//True meaning of the phrase?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
This post contains spoilers for anyone who hasn't gone beyond season 7.

For some people, Death is just a phase.

I think more than the season itself, I'm so intrigued by this poster and its tagline that I keep thinking what it could mean. 😳 I guess this is the first time ever we don't see Sam in the poster. Its just Dean over here. AND not one but two. Background shows one Dean in Purgatory and one out. What could that mean? Does it mean he's not entirely a human? Or does it mean he's left some part of him down there? Or does it mean we actually have two versions of Dean now, one who's stuck down in Purgatory and one who's managed to escape? But then who is the real Dean? For all I know, it could mean a dozen things and I'm yet to make sense from any of it. ðŸ˜†

Can anyone of you decipher its true meaning? I'd love to know what you all think of it. So go ahead and rack your brains!

Edited by herms_angel - 11 years ago
OH man this has me all exited again !
 seriously !
 mm man i think the dean in bg refers to the happenings of purgatory, the ones Dean is not ashamed of but still he doesnt want sam to know abt them (like benny)
 its a part of dean that sam doesnt know about ...
 . wow pretty lame explanation.*giggles*
and as much as i wanted dean to not be human (i love the dean plus superpowers combo man its like my ultimate dream)
but i dont think its the case here :(
benny said only a human could cross the over the barrier.
He looks like he still has a soul, since he was all hurt and angry at sam, also jermy carver said the whole concept of soul being left behind wasnt something understandable to him, and if indeed a part of dean's soul is left behind. wont it b u know? repetition?
so well as far as I think, no super power no part of soul being left behind. its i dont know something else.

wow I sound so lame !🤣
Death is nothin for the boys.lol
The poster is really intriguing...there has never,never been a poster without Sam in Supernatural so that might mean that this season will probably be more of Dean's journey in the purgatory..
The two Dean, well after episode two I think we can definitely see a change in Dean,in his characteristics...
Dean wasn't some one who would sacrifice a person to kill a demon,how much important it may be.. and here we see that he would not bat a eyelid also before putting the knife besides Kevin's mother's throat...
There has to be something which led to this transition in Dean's behavior...
Maybe the poster means that the Dean's who got stuck in the purgatory is not entirely that same Dean who walked out of it...

ok i must be sounding way too lame now :P
Edited by -BlazingWater- - 11 years ago
i am sorry.. i wont be able to give an accurate description.. since i cant watch the episodes... but from what i understood looking at ur poster.. it feels like dean has lost a part of him.. thats still stuck in purgatory... i cant comment further on the dean thats back.. coz u get an idea by watching the episode ... i feel that its just like how sam had lost a part of his soul in hell.. now its dean's turn in purgatory..  Edited by flutterby - 11 years ago
dis poster says dat 'a handsome dean was in purgatory and  a bit more handsome dean came out'