Bade Acche Laggte Hai

Forum Rules - REMINDERS!

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago

In light of recent issues, we feel it is necessary to post a "review" of sorts for the rules in this forum.

1. At this point, there is a clear distinction between the fans for Priya-Ram and Priya-Rajat interactions. Different members prefer different duos and as a result I have recently been privy to a number of fights/personal attacks. Let me remind everyone that under NO circumstance is attacking each other, a character or another actor acceptable in a healthy discussion. You may like couple A and another person may like couple Z, but that DOES NOT mean that one is right and the other is wrong. Nor does it mean that one group should not express their views or that the other should consider every view posted as a personal attack on them. We HAVE to learn to respectfully disagree - we have to learn to be okay with conflicting points of view and we have to learn to be able to peacefully coexist with members who like/enjoy things different than us. Differences of perspective make for an interesting discussion because if everyone was always the same and always did/thought/liked the same things then this world would be a painfully boring place. So I hope that we can learn to be civil to each other even when faced with differing opinions and that I will not find any more "Don't post here", "You are wrong" type posts on the forum with reference to opposing POVs.

2. Name calling has suddenly become a big issue so let me clarify yet again. There are two types of name calling: (i) one is blatant and in your face - a curse word or a CLEARLY derogatory word used to demean a character/actor/member and (ii) the other is indirect - in this one, members use seemingly NORMAL words and use it in a demeaning context where overtime the word comes to embody the condescending meaning and is used as a derogatory adjective. What we are being faced with in this forum is the later. While to an unsuspecting eye the words like "conda, bhaiya, kaka" seem nothing more than just simple and seemingly innocent, in this forum these words have come to imply a derogatory meaning for Ayesha, Rajat and Ram, respectively. As a result these and any other names of the sort will NOT be allowed. Any posts found with such references will be edited and warned and repeat offenses will lead to a warning level raise.

3. Lastly, please understand that "CRITICISM" is part of a healthy discussion. As long as it is CONSTRUCTIVE, members are encouraged to criticize aspects of a show/character and promote healthy discussion. But attacking each other with snarky/sarcastic comments in lieu of posting "criticism" is NOT allowed. THAT is equivalent to personal attacks on members and it will NOT be tolerated. We are all grown adults here and as such can be expected to have a conversation with members holding different opinions than us and still be CIVIL to each other! In fact, it IS expected that we have civil and polite discussions with each other. You don't have to AGREE with each other, you just have to learn to disagree RESPECTFULLY. Also, please allow the DT to decide what is and is not offensive - often times when you are too close to an argument, the lines blur and the judgement gets clouded. It is precisely for this reason that the DT is here.. So that we can help provide you with support in keeping the forum open for healthy discussion. So if you find posts that you feel are offensive, please make use of the REPORT button and REFRAIN from moral policing the member on your own. It does nothing but further instigate the fight. Any members found moral policing or instigating arguments will be warned severely.

I hope I can expect everyone's cooperation in this matter. The story in the show is going through a tough time and so it's understandable that the forum would reflect that. But I still expect us to remain civil and courteous to each other during such a time.

Please feel free to PM me or post here with any questions you may have.

Thank you!

Regards,

Edited by -Fivr- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dilli4BALH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago