CutielovesChocs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I seem to be on a roll! 😆 I couldn't help but think about what Ranveer felt when JJ confronted him about his parents. So, what was the next thing to do? Write an OS about it! So, VOILA! Here it is. It's really short. Let me know what you guys think 😳

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expressions

One expression on someone's face is all it takes. A single quirk of an eyebrow, the twitch of someone's nose, the pain reflected in the eyes.

For Ranveer Shergill, that expression had come when Jaitley had mentioned his parents. He didn't know why he let his casual faade slip. He didn't know why he let Jaitley show that he cared. He cared about his parents. He loved them too much and never once in his life had he imagined an accident like that happening. He'd wanted to make them proud. And yet, here he was, whiling away his life, getting expelled from school. Jaitley had offered them another chance, but he couldn't let his ego be wounded now, could he?

But when his parents had been mentioned, Ranveer knew that this assignment was something that he would remember for the rest of his life. He knew that trusting Jaitley would be worth it. However, he couldn't see what. Nevertheless, with a resigned sigh, he'd signed the 3 page long contract.

He didn't know what it was about the way that the older man had mentioned his parents. One expression on Jaitley's face was all it had taken to convince Ranveer as well. The wounded nature of the former's words; the pain that his eyes had carried were all it took for Ranveer to believe that he wasn't alone in this world.

Of late, he didn't know why he reacted so violently to KD's words. Was it because there wasn't anyone to hold him back when he started punching the latter? Was it because he missed someone's constant presence by his side? He didn't know.

He was well aware of the fact that nobody at school had known about his parents, barring one person.  So when Jailtey had mentioned it, shock was certain! As he slowly pedaled his way home, he couldn't help but stop by the old abandoned fort to reflect on certain things that had been on his mind.

The last time he'd been here, he wasn't on his own. His mentor, best friend, his rock through thick and thin had been there, making him laugh, forget about all his problems. He couldn't help but remember the tears falling from her eyes as he'd spat out nothing but harsh words at her.

Ranveer closed his eyes and sighed. There hadn't been a time when they'd had a fall out this big. Didn't life work in funny ways? When you got the feeling of hatred towards someone, all you could remember was how they hurt you. The memories of the good times, the times that are worth remembering just fly right out of your head.

Again, there was only one expression that kept flashing in front of his eyes; the contorted face of his best friend due to the tears and pain. He wished she was there with him, guiding him once more, telling him exactly what he should do, reprimanding him for acting in a reckless manner; everything! But she wasn't coming and that thought caused a lone tear to escape from his eyes. He realized that he'd let go of the one person who was there for him no matter what. She had his back through any and everything. She'd held him tightly when he'd bawled his eyes out after the death of his parents.  He'd had an epiphany and it wasn't a pleasant one.

Ranveer Shergill had never felt so lonely. And to think about it, all it took was an expression.  

-------------------

That's a wrap! 

Hit the 'like' button or comment! 

-Raina 

Edited by CutielovesChocs - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Oh Chocs! 🤗

This is wonderful! So beautiful and so touching! Seriously, Ranveer is one character who has so many shades to him! There is so much to be explored to him other than his flirting nature and angry self. Like this! His sadness, his loneliness, his wish to be accepted and cherished and scolded and be normal! Because he is not! GOD! I am praying for that day when the CVs decided to give us one scene of Ranveer that shows who he really is!

Loved it! Really did! <3 Thank you sooo much for this!

Originally posted by: Mais

Oh Chocs! 🤗

This is wonderful! So beautiful and so touching! Seriously, Ranveer is one character who has so many shades to him! There is so much to be explored to him other than his flirting nature and angry self. Like this! His sadness, his loneliness, his wish to be accepted and cherished and scolded and be normal! Because he is not! GOD! I am praying for that day when the CVs decided to give us one scene of Ranveer that shows who he really is!

Loved it! Really did! <3 Thank you sooo much for this!

Hayye! 😳

And you tell me that I chadhaofy you on a chane ka jhaad! 😆 What are YOU doing madam!? 😆

Thank you! Yea, that's what I felt too. His expressions were so powerful in that scene that it really made me want to write about it. To think of it, all the characters in the show have shades of grey. They aren't all bad and they aren't all saints. I love TBP because of this very reason. I really felt that despite all the harshness that RV throws out at everyone, there is an extremely soft side to him and that he really needs someone to take care of him! 😳
^^ After today's episode though, I really hope we get to see more of RV missing his friendship with Panchi! I mean, the was thinking about it in the car and how JJ tells him off in class and his expression is one of realisation sorta! 
snowflake. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Emotional one, very nice..keep writing more 👏👏

Originally posted by: _Aanchal_

Emotional one, very nice..keep writing more 👏👏

Thank you Aanchal!😳
keshiya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
It's wonderful, beautifully portrayed. Ranveer's character is deep and I'm still trying to understand what has really happened in his life which has left him shattered. The mere mention of his parents makes him sad. 

All in all it is wonderfully enacted by Kunal. I respect his versatility, his sincerity towards his work. Ranveer really misses Panchi a lot. Hope everything becomes normal and we get to see an awesome bonding between the two.😊

Originally posted by: keshiya

It's wonderful, beautifully portrayed. Ranveer's character is deep and I'm still trying to understand what has really happened in his life which has left him shattered. The mere mention of his parents makes him sad. 

All in all it is wonderfully enacted by Kunal. I respect his versatility, his sincerity towards his work. Ranveer really misses Panchi a lot. Hope everything becomes normal and we get to see an awesome bonding between the two.😊

Thank you SO much! Yeah, I agree. His parents passed away and he obviously misses them as he doesn't have anyone to guide him 

Thank you once again! 😳
.wanderlust. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Great Work :)  I would say it is Beautifully Portrayed 👍🏼
crazy4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 3
The super amazing post... a curtain raiser for Ranveer. Just perrfect!!!