TOI: Shweta plans party to celebrate divorce

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Shweta Tiwari plans a party to celebrate divorce

VICKEY LALWANI, Mumbai Mirror | Oct 11, 2012, 09.20AM IST
Read More:YES|Shweta Tiwari|Raja Chaudhary|Alcoholism
Shweta Tiwari plans a party to celebrate divorce
Raja Chaudhury and Shweta TiwariMore Pics
Shweta Tiwari and Raja Chaudhary are legally divorced. The separation came through yesterday afternoon at Bandra Court. The actress, who had filed for divorce five years ago, told TOI, "I am throwing a party at Hotel Sea Princess on Thursday." 

With the divorce, Raja has got a flat in Dheeraj Apartments, which he had been demanding from Shweta. The actress said Raja had, in Court, on Wednesday, told her,"IfIgetaflatfromyou,Iwon'tinsiston meeting our daughter Palak." 

According to Shweta, her new lawyer Kalpana Ashar made all the difference. "I fought for my freedom for five years in Court.I changed my lawyer.ThankstoKalpana, I got my divorce in two hearings. She took the trouble of personally speaking to Raja on more than one occasion. Better sense prevailed, and we have now gone separate ways," said Shweta. 

There wasn't much conversation between her and Raja during the last hearing except for her conceding to his request. "He requested clicking a photograph with him when we walked out of Court and I complied. He said he wanted one last picture of me with him," Shweta said. 

When filing for divorce, Shweta had alleged Raja used to come home drunk, and beat her up. In an interview with TOI on May 10, 2010, she had made some startling revelations. She had said Raja had undergone treatment for Alcoholism at Maseena Hospital a few years ago. 

Happy to be free at last, Shweta sighed, "All's well that ends well." Is she contemplating marriage with her boyfriend, Jaane Kya Baat Hai co-star Abhinav Kohli? "A big burden has been taken off my head. Let me enjoy being light for some time. But YES, I will probably marry again," she said.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sadme-Me-Hu thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Thanks for sharing.

Hope she has a blast. Indeed she's gonna be really happy. She's free πŸ˜†
Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Shweta Tiwari is finally divorced from Raja Chaudhary, plans a party to celebrate

Shweta Tiwari gets divorce from Raja Chaudhary after a five-year wrangle!
By ApunKaChoice
Thu, Oct 11, 2012 07:23:35 GMT

It was a long struggle for TV actress Shweta Tiwari, who had filed for divorce five years ago, to part ways with her husband Raja Chaudhary. As per reports, the divorce came through yesterday afternoon at Bandra Court. 

With the divorce, the two are now free to marry the person of their choice. Raja even announced this on twitter with a picture of his with Shweta who was seen holding the divorce papers (pic on top). While talking to a daily, Shweta explained how it was made possible and gave the entire credit to her lawyer. 

"I fought for my freedom for five years in Court. I changed my lawyer. Thanks to Kalpana, I got my divorce in two hearings. She took the trouble of personally speaking to Raja on more than one occasion. Better sense prevailed, and we have now gone separate ways," Shweta is quoted as saying. 

However, the divorce has even cost her a flat. Raja Chaudhary was demanding a flat from Shweta Tiwari. He told Shweta in the court that if he gets a flat, he won't insist on meeting their daughter Palak. Thus, according to the agreement, Raja has reportedly got a flat in Dheeraj Apartments. 

It's no news that Shweta Tiwari was in a troubled relationship with Raja Chaudhary. The man usually barged into her house in a drunken state, and sometimes even used to beat up Shweta. Seeing this unrest at her home, the pretty actress was worried about her daughter Palak and her upbringing. 

Now when everything has settled for better, the actress will throw a lavish party at the Hotel Sea Princess to celebrate the divorce, and even confirms that she will get married again. Shweta has already chosen her life partner: he is her co-star Abhinav Kohli.

Edited by Faraan_4_Shweta - 11 years ago
Faraan92 thumbnail
Thankzzz aloot 4 sharing..πŸ˜›πŸ˜ƒπŸ€—
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Liked the pic of ST.. Her natural pics πŸ˜‰ Me fan of her pics where she is without make-up πŸ˜†
prerna4rishav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Faraan.. I am in love with the avi u r using ..

How can she be SOOO beautiful 😳
Faraan92 thumbnail
Originally posted by: prerna4rishav

Faraan.. I am in love with the avi u r using ..

How can she be SOOO beautiful 😳

hehe.. Thank Q Guddie G..πŸ˜›πŸ˜³

Ysh she is looking damn beauutifull in it..☺️
100prabh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing!!! and faraan ur avi is gorgeous!!!!