Frequent Posters

love_zain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
😃 awww lovely updates...cant wait for the next one
EHMMBH_fan1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I was waiting for u to update and u did!! Yay!!!! plzz don't tell me Virat is leaving...y did he say sorry?? And I can't wait till Jeevika finds out Virat is Viren's brother...That would be very interesting :D
SmileXD thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hey guys :)
Monday's are depressing days, aren't they??
Well fear not, because I'm here to make it even more depressing :P It's an update with a song which plays a significant part in their relationship so I recommend you guys press it and listen, (if you can) and also read the lyrics at the same time. It's very, very important, trust me.
Here's the the next part...

||Chapter nine||

Scared of Falling...

Maanvi woke the next morning with a smile on her lips. "Di! Di!" Her sister ran in to her room, she was in a towel. "I'm sorry were you in the shower?" "No, I just, yes. What's wrong Maanu?" "Di, you were right, I was wrong I told him everything and he didn't leave he said perfection is overrated and cornflakes are mistakes and now I know what that funny feeling is and I'm going to tell him today in fact now I'm going to tell him now," she said in one breath.

"Maanvi breathe and start again." So she took a deep breath and narrated everything. Her sister had tears in her eyes by the time she was done, "Di why are you crying?" "I'm not I'm just happy, my baby's grown up,' she said between sobs. Mannvi made her way towards her Di and hugged her. "Also I have to go back to Massachusetts today." Maanvi pulled back, her Di was leaving already. "But you came yesterday and I need you." Her sister sobbed harder, "I know, I'm such a bad sister, I won't go, I'll tell him I'll come later, I won't go." She couldn't see her sister cry, "Okay, okay. I'm going to change now and you're going to stop crying. Di, get out of the towel and get ready, somebody's desperately waiting for you." She wiped her Di's tears, "You're not mad Mannu?" She shook her head, "Somebody told me, it's not worth the pain." Her sister smiled, "I love you Mannu." 

She pushed her Di out of the room commanding her to get ready and went in to the shower. She was feeling immensely happy today, she even started blushing at small things like his lopsided smile, his floppy hair and his beautiful chocolate eyes. "Stop acting like a love-struck teenager Maanvi," she scolded herself in front the mirror. But really all she wanted to do was to jump, run, fly, scream it, declare it to the world, but first she had to declare it to him.
When she came out of the shower she quickly put out a baggy jumper and white denim shorts. "Maanu a jumper!" "Stop freaking out and pass my other converse," she didn't have time for her sister's freak out session. "But, at least put on some make up." She grabbed her shades, "I'm wearing these, my eyes are covered anyway. Okay Di love you, safe journey but, bye." She rushed out, she couldn't wait any longer, she had to tell him, now.

~~~

Jeevika picked up her unopened suitcase; she wished she stayed longer, stayed to see her Mannu get her happiness. She picked up her hand bag, checking for her phone when she saw the letter. "Crap, I forgot to give Viraat's letter." She shrugged, "Maanvi's going there anyway, he can tell her there." She smiled at the thought of them both together as she left the suite, unaware of the building storm on its way.

~~~
Viraat played a G chord. He wondered if she got his letter yet. He played an A. He wondered if she didn't. A C. He wondered if she hated him. A E, he wondered if she would ever forgive him. 
He didn't play any more chords; he just lay there, already feeling lifeless. The doorbell rang. "Ty!! Open the door!" "You open it!" he heard back. "I'm in the piano room, you open it you lazy arse!" He went back to staring at his piano. This was the only room he didn't show her, the only room her presence didn't float around in. This was the room that held his piano, a white, grand piano, handmade with his initials carved on to it in gold. He touched the gold carving with his fingers and remembered the day his Beeji gifted it to him. The day he promised to stay honest, to never break anyone's trust or anyone's heart. 'Promises are overrated' who knew she'd be right. He knew if he brought her in to this room he'd be forced to tell her the truth. Forced to break her. Why did it have to be like this? 
"Partner?"
                                                                 ~~~

Ty led her in to the only room unknown to her, the room opposite the stairs. "Okay Maanvi, he's in there, I'm gonna go now, moms got be on washing duty. See you soon." She smiled and waved good bye before pushing open the doors. She found him with his back turned to her, his head resting on a white piano. No wonder there was no piano elsewhere in the house, there was no need of it. The room with its white floor to ceiling bookcases and it's soft, pillowed couches and lush rugs accompanied with the white marble fireplace complimented the piano so well that it would be wrong to have it somewhere else. White silk this time draped the large window, gently flowing as the breeze entered and left the room. She watched him as he turned towards her and she noticed the tired bags under his eyes.

"Hi," she said first. "Hi." He stood up and walked towards her, she also walked towards him both meeting in the middle, near the couches. "How'd you get here?" he asked. "Taxi." He was surprised, "taxi?" She nodded, she wasn't afraid anymore.

He thought he was imagining her voice at first, thought it was only his mind playing tricks. He turned around anyway to satisfy himself but there she was, standing and he instantly knew she hadn't read the letter. He didn't know whether to feel relieved or worried. But he was glad to see her, he was always glad to see her. He watched her fidget with a loose thread on her jumper, something was bothering her.

~~~

"What's wrong?" she heard him ask softly. "Nothing," she replied back. "Why am I finding it hard to believe you?" She looked at him, "Maybe because I'm lying." He looked directly at her, his soft eyes made her want to hug him all over again. "Okay." 

Moments of silence passed, then she whispered, "Do you not want to know the truth?" He shook his head. Why did he have to be so adorably considerate? "Can I tell you anyway?" He stared away from her and nodded. She took a deep breath, maybe it was the perfect time, maybe it wasn't, but she had to do it, she had to tell him. 

"I'm scared of falling," she said finally. "Falling where?" he asked. She shook her head, "Not where, who." He looked confused. "I'm scared that I'm falling for you, or scared that I already have." "Partner.." he started but she interrupted him by closing her eyes and speaking. "I love.."

"Don't, please." His voice left her incomplete, shattering her to pieces. His voice which she was now dependent on was the one to break her apart. She opened her eyes and slowly walked backwards, what was she thinking, he didn't love her. She was such a stupid vulnerable girl. Why, why did she fall in love? Love is just a pretty word for pain. Suffering. Hurt. Death. Love is death.

She turned around, tears inside her wanting to burst out. But she was strong, she isn't going to let this affect her. She loves him. HE never said he loves her. She didn't want to look at him, but still managed to whisper, "I know you don't love me". "No, I, it's not like th.." She clutched her hands by her side, gripping the soft fabric of her jumper which now felt too suffocating to be in. "You don't have to explain. I'll understand," and she started to walk away. She wanted to shout at him, command him to love her, tell her he felt the same way she did. She wanted him to say he felt the rising bubbles in his throat every time he looked at her, felt his palm become sweaty every time they touched or that when he looked at her, he also imagined they were in a space in between, with nobody else around. This was what she wanted to hear, what she wanted him to say, but knew she would never hear them. She had no right to be selfish, no right to want things, she didn't belong here. She had to get away, quickly.

~~~

Wasn't it enough he was already fighting one war with himself, that now he had to fight another one with his heart. Fate was that desperate for him to lose. Viraat watched her walk away. No! He wasn't going to let fate win. Fate was never going to win, not when he had already lost himself to her. But she was going, almost gone. Almost. How was he going to tell her? 
He was running out of time and then he noticed his piano. So with a deep breath, he sat down, hands on keys and he did the only thing he knew that would provide them both with all the answers. He started to play..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQoFLrZ5C3M (Click the link, please, very important)

Piano

Her feet stopped automatically as beautiful music overtook the inflicting silence, without looking back she knew it was him, it could only be him

If I die young bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

His voice sent tiny electrical impulses through her limbs

Lord make me a rainbow
I'll shine down on my mother
She'll know I'm safe with you
when she stands under my colours and ooh
Life ain't always what you think it ought to be no
ain't even grey but she buries her baby

The sharp knife of a short life
And I've had just enough time

She turned around

The sharp knife of a short life
And I've had just enough time

She shook her head slowly, in denial

And I'll be wearing white when I come into your kingdom
I'm as green as the ring on my little cold finger
I've never known the love of no woman
But it sure felt nice when she was holding my hand
And there's a girl here in town who said she'll love me forever
Who would have thought forever could be severed by

The sharp knife of a short life well
I've had just enough time

She got nearer to him, slowly, wanting to stop him from playing, wanting to stop him from singing but somehow the way he sounded captivated her, and she was left unable to do anything, she couldn't stop him. She couldn't stop the truth, she couldn't save him from the song,or could she save him from his fate

A penny for my thoughts
oh no I'll sell them for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll hear the words I been singin?
Funny when you're dead how people start listenin...

Her heart stopped and her eyes widened

Her nails dug deep in to her skin

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a, bed of roses
Sink me in the river, at dawn

The sharp knife of a short life, well
I've had, just enough time

She was shaking now

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down

As he sang he remembered, as his fingers touched each key, he pictured those two days and the phone call two hours ago...

"Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time."
- Maya Angelou

Bye, thanks for reading :)
Ava

Edited by SmileXD - 11 years ago
BrunoMars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
What is that? In my eye, on my cheek now, ohw god! Ava! You made me cry and I am not a fast cryer! Really I get emotional, but crying... no, I don't cry. But this was, ahw, this was heartbreak at another level. I have heard of one-sided love, but two sided heartbreak, this deep, this is beautiful. I was afraid that the song wouldn't match with the situeation as it could destroy the whole feel, which is weird cause I am a musiclover, I think I  would go for songs if I had to choose between a book or music,  and that is huge, cause I read the whole day and I love doing it. And normally the story gets not enough attention when a song like this is played on the background, but you managed to give the song a deeper meaning and  the story, they complimented eachother perfectly, I lovehow there was enough time to read the lines of the story between the lyrics of the song, so it could sink in. This is beautiful, without saying what happened, you did. I am afraid to think that I actually know what makes Virat stop accepting Maanvi's love. And I am so happy that you made him tell/sing her. He can't let her in pain, how beautifully you brought that. God! I am going to read this again...

And yeey! Finally not late, but the first to comment.
Love your work Ava!

Menika
Edited by BrunoMars - 11 years ago
afshanmk093 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Omg i was just waiting fr ur update n here i get it thank u for that
nw i underrtand virat is suffering frm sme disease bt plz make hm tell her truth so that she wont break infact be hs partner in tis phase of hs life plz do nt separate them
forever_young thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Res

*Edited*

How do you manage to do this Ava!?
This is just beautiful!!
Your FF has made smile, laugh, AND CRY!!!
Oh gosh..that song...with the lyrics was just beautiful!!
No words! And the fact Virat sings to tell Maanvi about him!!
Amazing!! It seriously brought tears to my eyes!!
Just mind blowing!!
Edited by forever_young - 11 years ago
oriyana thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I Loved it.. It's simply beautiful... 

aa_mnhs thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ava!!! This is beauty! I'm overwhelmed with emotions after reading this... this is amazing writing, and you do it very effortlessly, nothing sounds forced, ever. all the emotions are very brilliantly penned down. Thanks for the lovely read.
p.s. is it possible that you give me link to the other site where you have the coming parts of the story already written, or do you want me to keep waiting for the updates here (you're are very quick with the updates, but i still find hard fighting my impatience).
love
Sarah
Syed695 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
amazing..specially when virat sang to tell her what he had to say...simply wow...ur updates r quick but eagerly waiting for the next update..continue soon!
hangok thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
you was absolutly right Monday's are depressing, but you made it more depressiv :-D

cant wait to know what is virat hidding from her, it was as usual great and touching part
continoue soon and thanks for pm