Celebs on the festival of Navratri..Rupali Ganguli

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Celebs on the festival of Navratri...

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 | 6:37:53 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    7 Comments
Celebs on the festival of Navratri...

Tellybuzz in talks with celebs about Navratri...

Festivals are a doorway to happiness which are celebrated in unison regardless of the caste, creed, community.  The joyous festival of Navratri has arrived. Navratri is a festival of the Goddess Nav Durga, which is celebrated by serving the goddesses for 9 days with love in the house and seeking blessings for a brighter future. It is also celebrated with the traditional dance form of the festival known as 'Garba and Dandiya'. On this auspicious festival we got in touch with a few of celebs of the television industry to share their way of celebrating this festival.

Here is what they have to say'

Sumona Chakravarti- Every year my family and I go to pandals for Darshan and have bhog which is been offered to Ma Durga. This year too I'll be with my family from the 20th  to 24th. I feel that these four days will pass so quickly. Also, I'm very excited as  I will be appearing for a Dandiya event in Rajkot on 19th. 

Rupali Ganguly-  Like always this year also I'll celebrate Durga Puja with my family & close friends. We will go Pandal hopping & eat some really delicious sweets.

Aamir Ali Malik- I am traveling to a couple of cities with my wife Sanjeeda for Navratri. I like the fun and celebration which happens during the festive season. I am glad to be traveling and performing as well.

Rishika Mihani-  Every year I fast for nine days. In short I become a 'fruitarian'. As a ritual I pray twice a day and will also be going out with friends to play Garba. This year I have bought two Chaniya Cholis and traditional jewelery to go with it too. 

Aamna Shariff -Navratris are the best 9 days of a year. Since it is a festival of colors, celebrations, God and galore.. I like this festival a lot. There are lights and decorations all over. Everything is so soothing & divine. Like every year, this year too I'm  traveling to different cities to perform Danidiya - Raas and Garba. 

Madhura Naik: Navratri for me is all about dancing in circles, letting my hair down, wearing Indian ghagra choli and yes totally forgot, if some guys try to act sleazy, I don't forget to hit them with the Dandiyas in the hand pretending you lost control while dancing (laughs).

Prinal Oberoi: I am shooting in Gujarat this Navratri. Undoubtedly as we all know Navratri in Gujarat is awesomely celebrated. Too excited (smiles).

Hiten Tejwani: I do pray as everyday that's the moment I feel really nice and positive as always. I like to play Garba and Dandiya but since I cannot dance I watch it on television and enjoy it (smiles).

Giaa Manek: Just going for events as of now and doing Maa Saraswati's puja at home.

For more such interesting features keep reading India-Forums.com

Reporter and Author:Krishma Solanki

Thanks for sharing, Deepali!

Good to hear from Rupali through TB about the way she celebrates Navratri! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Nice Article.Good to knw hw these actors celebrates the festival.
Thanks for sharing.
Happy Navratri & Dusshehra to u all๐Ÿ˜ŠEdited by joohi5ifyy - 11 years ago