Narayani and Maaninee cold vibes

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 17 years ago
Narayani Shastri and Maaninee Misshra can't see eye-to-eye
all's not well:

There is a cold war going on, between Maaninee Misshra and Narayani Shastri. Onlookers insist that the icy cold stares are enough to make you run for the nearest cardigan. Both the telly actresses have distinct personalities — Maaninee has always been frank and forthright, mixing no words in calling a spade a spade. Narayani on the other is diplomatic.
The two actresses have worked with each other only for short durations — both featured in the SAB show, Twinkle Beauty Parlour. Now, Maaninee, along with several other actors is no longer part of the daily while Narayani continues in the revamped look with a fresh cast.
Earlier, Maaninee did a cameo in the Zee daily Piya Ka Ghar in which Narayani featured.
No eye contact
It is learnt that on the sets of Twinkle, even when next to each other — forget a conversation there would be not even be any eye contact between the two. And their diverse natures just added to it. So what was the cause of the cold war?
Says the onlooker, "From day one, Maaninee and Narayani seemed to never get along. When Maaninee's track was developing, Narayani apparently had her own reservations. There would be two groups of the female cast on Twinkle's sets — Simple Kaul with Maaninee and Smita Bansal with Narayani. Moreover, Maaninee was a more known face, so that, in a way, was also a cause of consternation.
'I have no issues'
So was it just a case of not getting along? When asked about this, Maaninee is, as usual, honest, "I barely know Narayani. Everyone knows that I am an affable person. I believe in doing my work and getting home. I have no issues with anybody. If anyone gives me attitude, don't expect me to give any attention. I have never had any problem with anybody on all the shows I have done. You can choose who you want to be friends with. It is just that there is more comfort with some people and not with some."
Maaninee, also adds that she could not fathom how things operated on the sets of Twinkle.
Despite repeated attempts Narayani remained unavailable for comment. "But," says the onlooker "the fact that Naryani survived the shake-up in the show speaks volumes about her equations with the powers that be."
Maaninee in Anant Mahadevan film
After featuring in Krrish, Maaninee has signed the T Series film Aankh Micholi (working title)to be directed by Anant Mahadevan. The film stars Fardeen Khan, Aftab Shivdasani and Isha Sharvani. "She plays a delighful role of a textile enginer along with Fardeen," says Mahadevan. The film rolls later this month.
http://ww3.mid-day.com/midday/scripts/epaper/epapermain.aspx ?queryed=9&eddate=7/3/2006 Edited by bollywoodcrazed - 17 years ago