Supernatural

Headache#3.was it just me or wr the bros all wrng?

-nautankidollz- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey fellas!
Howdy!

So I can safely say that this episode was not what we expected it to be?. I understood it. it was a good story line really but there was something... not good about it? wasn't able to pinpoint it.

for one it was too fast way too much for my liking and then there was this thing about Sam and Dean being so unlike themselves.
Here's my uptake on it all.

I think I am gonna approach it  one brother at a time.
First Mr honorable Sammy Winchester.
I wanna clock that guy one, and wait wait dont throw your chappals at me ! I dont wanna slap Sam for the reasons you guys think. have no problem with Sam quitting it all, his life with amelia was so sweet , heart warming and I can understand why he cant live this life anymore.
I get it totally.
What I so dont get is his dynamics with Dean.
I mean for one , these days he just look like he is there just for the sake of being there. Like he isnt even really happy or okay with the fact that Dean is alive and back in his life. Now I have no idea how to explain this feeling of mine to you guys. its just the little things.
like today when dean almost got his heart ripped out, not one "are u okay?" or freak out sessions from sam, which even till s7 would have been unavoidable.
Sam had been in alot of shit, but he never never blamed his brother for it , or never tried to run away from him. not this way.
. Dont know just feeling really really afraid of Sam at this point.

Then Dean!
god the way he was literally forcing himself on Sam was so un-natural so un-dean!
even till s7 i cant remember dean ever being like this.
desperately trying to make sam not take the path he so wants to.. specially a path where sam would be safe.

earlier I was really irritated at Dean for this behavior. but as the episode wore on. I realized that what dean was doing was something else all together. it was like he was afraid that if Sam went away and leave him alone he would break  and wont be able to gather himself up. its like his soul is trying to erase everything he went through in purgatory and revert back to days before all of it happened.. that was soo desperate. Dean's whining .
so I am afraid for Dean.
and thats one more reason I am uncomfortable with Sam. Dean's incessant rambling were so undean like, that sam should have gotten a clue that something was really really wrong with his brother. atleast he should have thought tht this was strange and may be sth was suspicious. he didnt.. may be he didnt care aftr all.

PS#1- guys dont construct my words in negative sense please. I dont hate sam! actually I love him as much as dean( meaning I was always as much of a sam girl as i was a dean girl)
its just that, these changes in sam have shaken my perspective much more then the changes in Dean had.

PPS#2- again I feel guilty for finding explanations on every dick move by dean but I am not able to do so for Sm. I do feel guilty but i just feel like the brothers right now are was tooo wrapped up in their own selves then to care for the other. But Dean's behavior could be explained on basis of purgatory, and I am wrong I know but I dont think Sam's lack of care could be justified because he wants an apple pie life. he could go and have his apple pies or whatever . but does tht really mean that he you know sort of gets estranged .. broken of from dean. like not even standing for him when dean is obviously going insane or is already insane.
???

PPPS#4- i always hate the epis where they show the brothers drift apart. like I literally hate them with a vengeance. but i guess they are always importent to build the needed dynamics for the season arc.

PPPS#5- really hope that we get the sam n dean we knew back again. even if a lil bit! Missed cas too !

Edited by -nautankidollz- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This season is pretty twisted ...๐Ÿ˜† But I kind of like the conflict as of now ...it's about what they experienced in the past year and their pov to life at present which differs from one another ...I understand what u r feeling ..when I see the epis I m in two minds as what is going on ...whether I should hate them for being so different from the usual brothers or love the way their character is shaping up

as for the epi I think the first half was pretty slow or I don't know something was off and it didn't grip me like the second half ...but otherwise the epi was gud ...

As for Sam ...He is definately not in hunt for killing monsters ...He is just there for Dean ..I think that has always been the only reason for Sam to be a hunter ...it was Dean cause Dean wanted it ...There is no doubt in my mind that Sam is happy with Dean being back ...he is not happy with how obsessed Dean is with Hunting monsters ...more than he ever was ...this is like a whole new level of obsession that Dean is going through and we all know the reasons ...

The point in my opinion is that they both lead a very different life this one year ...and one year is a long time ...Sam went back to leading a normal life with dogs and cakes and running around the park while dean was in purgatory hunting and chopping off monsters day in and day out .. while for sam getting back to hunting life is being difficult especially since he never liked it and was pretty much ...for dean hunting has become a way to survive ...it is as normal as breathing for him ...

Sam does not like the way Dean is all about slaughtering and killing creatures ...Sam hasn't seen the life in purgatory so he cannot approve of that while dean has not seen a single gud sunshince day for a long time so he cann't approve that and thus I guess such weirdly different characters ...But Sam did always wanted to run away na ...like he went to stranford and then even while hunting YED he told Dean that once they kill the demon he is out of this life ...I feel like that this season is a deja vu for the first one atleast from sam's side atleast...and I guess it will take a long time for these two guys to come and meet at a similar point where both understand the other one and for that these two really need to talk which of course they hardly ever do ...they would rather fight than share their darkest fear and let the other know what makes them so different 

You have beautifully explained Dean's side ...so I won't touch that and ruin it ...I loved how u described him ...I think that was my most fav in the season till now ...the way he said he is at best driving crazy streets with sam by his side ...aaahhh nuthn tops that for me even though it is pretty rare to hear me say such stuffs 

-Hoor- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I think the episode was pretty decent.
I maybe a lil bias coz Jensen directed it, but i cant help it ๐Ÿ˜†

The last episode was very fast-paced, so i think in correlation to that, this episode was medium-paced and a much needed one. Im a big fan of case-episodes so maybe thats why i liked the episode more than you guys ๐Ÿ˜ณ

But ONE.MORE.WEEK.FOR.DESTIEL :'(
rahmona_pakswe thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
In my opinion something was off with the epi. Can't explain what...or maybe it's my Mishafied brain missing Castiel.

For some reason the epi reminded me of season 1 epi. How Sam doesn't want to be a part of hunting but for Dean it's everything. Sam has always wanted a normal life and he got it for 1 whole year. Now he wants more. Whereas Dean has got another reason for continuing his life hunting and chasing demons after a year in Purgatory. They might drift apart but it's their brotherly bonding that has kept them together so far. The question is...will it be enough this season?

Sam eating apple in the beginning of the epi made me think of 'eating forbidden fruit'. IMO his forbidden fruit is a normal life. He got a taste of it and wants more. Or maybe I'm over analysing now.

One more thing...could the make-up department go easy on orangy foundation? Good God, both looked like walking talking oranges. Was super annoyed by it.
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I'll have to keep this short for now. So I'll just say they have had waaay better one-off's before and I could just see Dean and Sam drifting apart which I obviously DON'T like. Good post though! I see where you're coming from.Edited by herms_angel - 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: ~*sindhu*~

This season is pretty twisted ...๐Ÿ˜† But I kind of like the conflict as of now ...it's about what they experienced in the past year and their pov to life at present which differs from one another ...I understand what u r feeling ..when I see the epis I m in two minds as what is going on ...whether I should hate them for being so different from the usual brothers or love the way their character is shaping up

as for the epi I think the first half was pretty slow or I don't know something was off and it didn't grip me like the second half ...but otherwise the epi was gud ...

As for Sam ...He is definately not in hunt for killing monsters ...He is just there for Dean ..I think that has always been the only reason for Sam to be a hunter ...it was Dean cause Dean wanted it ...There is no doubt in my mind that Sam is happy with Dean being back ...he is not happy with how obsessed Dean is with Hunting monsters ...more than he ever was ...this is like a whole new level of obsession that Dean is going through and we all know the reasons ...

The point in my opinion is that they both lead a very different life this one year ...and one year is a long time ...Sam went back to leading a normal life with dogs and cakes and running around the park while dean was in purgatory hunting and chopping off monsters day in and day out .. while for sam getting back to hunting life is being difficult especially since he never liked it and was pretty much ...for dean hunting has become a way to survive ...it is as normal as breathing for him ...

Sam does not like the way Dean is all about slaughtering and killing creatures ...Sam hasn't seen the life in purgatory so he cannot approve of that while dean has not seen a single gud sunshince day for a long time so he cann't approve that and thus I guess such weirdly different characters ...But Sam did always wanted to run away na ...like he went to stranford and then even while hunting YED he told Dean that once they kill the demon he is out of this life ...I feel like that this season is a deja vu for the first one atleast from sam's side atleast...and I guess it will take a long time for these two guys to come and meet at a similar point where both understand the other one and for that these two really need to talk which of course they hardly ever do ...they would rather fight than share their darkest fear and let the other know what makes them so different 

You have beautifully explained Dean's side ...so I won't touch that and ruin it ...I loved how u described him ...I think that was my most fav in the season till now ...the way he said he is at best driving crazy streets with sam by his side ...aaahhh nuthn tops that for me even though it is pretty rare to hear me say such stuffs 

@the season is pretty twisted. will giv u that. and hey u gave me a new perspective abt sam. abt that explanation of him being still in hunt just coz of dean.
guess I could think it that way unless everything is set in stone and too clear.
Hmm gonna focus my thought processes in that direction from now on!
But I have a hunch, Sam is not gonna be as understanding as he was in previous seasons. somehow I feel like one false step, one slip on part of dean and BOOM.. their relation goes to dogs totally.
and that last line. abt them shouting at each othe rather sharing their feelings. just so true !!! Like hell true.
and i hope sam redeems himself, because all this could also be constructed as he feels guilt for giving up on kevin. who was (as he said time n again) their responsibility.. and he also made it clear tht once he is done with this whole kevin mess he is out! I hope kevin is not the only reason for him sticking. i hope wht u said n what now i am trying to belive is true ..
 that sam still cares for dean enuf to leave a life he has grown used to and in love with this past year !

This content was originally posted by: -Hoor-

I think the episode was pretty decent.
I maybe a lil bias coz Jensen directed it, but i cant help it ๐Ÿ˜†

The last episode was very fast-paced, so i think in correlation to that, this episode was medium-paced and a much needed one. Im a big fan of case-episodes so maybe thats why i liked the episode more than you guys ๐Ÿ˜ณ

But ONE.MORE.WEEK.FOR.DESTIEL :'(

am i the only one thinking tht this epi was fast ?? Lolz๐Ÿ˜†
 man i guess I am getting slow ..Lolz and i wont say I totally hated the episode coz I didnt ๐Ÿ˜† jensen directed it man . that right there takes all reasoning away from me! kinda shallow ther i guess. like always๐Ÿ˜†
though it was unexpected.. specially the way sam n dean are behaving with each other!

n man missing dean and cas.(dont say destial yaar, reminds me of one slash fic i read accidently๐Ÿ˜•. it was...)
This content was originally posted by: rahmona_pakswe

In my opinion something was off with the epi. Can't explain what...or maybe it's my Mishafied brain missing Castiel.

For some reason the epi reminded me of season 1 epi. How Sam doesn't want to be a part of hunting but for Dean it's everything. Sam has always wanted a normal life and he got it for 1 whole year. Now he wants more. Whereas Dean has got another reason for continuing his life hunting and chasing demons after a year in Purgatory. They might drift apart but it's their brotherly bonding that has kept them together so far. The question is...will it be enough this season?

Sam eating apple in the beginning of the epi made me think of 'eating forbidden fruit'. IMO his forbidden fruit is a normal life. He got a taste of it and wants more. Or maybe I'm over analysing now.

One more thing...could the make-up department go easy on orangy foundation? Good God, both looked like walking talking oranges. Was super annoyed by it.

if i didnt know before as to what was off , now I know.. it was  the whole sam dean dynamics for me . I always hate it when they fight or are being a jerk to each other and that clouds everything for me .Lolz. apart from that liked the story of the epi. it was really good n different !
and your forbidden fruit analogy !
man ! I so liked it !!
you are being creative huh!!

bary thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
oh my thats so what i am thinking,dean went to normal coz sam said so but dean never said any thing to sam,not that he planned on dieing but just saying and sam also didnt planned to live a normal life its just happened
what i dont get is sam behaving like sam again of season 1 episode 1 where after finding his father he wanna go back and here after finding kevin he wanna go back again leaving dean,seriously they just completed one whole damn circle and man dean needs sam more now than then,also dean is literally forcing sam to come with him but i really think he had some other thing going on,some thing about cass
oh i so miss the trio,really twisted 8
lets see what happens,well i did like this one small thing of sam ordering for dean when they went to university...
This content was originally posted by: bary

oh my thats so what i am thinking,dean went to normal coz sam said so but dean never said any thing to sam,not that he planned on dieing but just saying and sam also didnt planned to live a normal life its just happened
what i dont get is sam behaving like sam again of season 1 episode 1 where after finding his father he wanna go back and here after finding kevin he wanna go back again leaving dean,seriously they just completed one whole damn circle and man dean needs sam more now than then,also dean is literally forcing sam to come with him but i really think he had some other thing going on,some thing about cass
oh i so miss the trio,really twisted 8
lets see what happens,well i did like this one small thing of sam ordering for dean when they went to university...

that line abt dean needing sam the most right now! totally agree with u there !
 hope sam sees the light soon on it too soon.

n i guess he is being worse then s1!!