CoffeeAddict thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
Dum De Dah!

Hello Buddies.

So here's the...

*drumroll*

Discussion OfTheWeek

I guess the topic title is a little too vague.

So let me explain.

This week's episodes had us seeing the Buddies going to lengths to "get to know" their fellow Buddies.

The moment the test was happening I was trying to remember if I knew these little "trivial" details as I call them, about mine. And surprisingly I didn't. But that doesn't mean I'm not a good friend. I can soothe them when they're sad. Know what's wrong without them telling me. Understand them. That doesn't need me to know what song my best friend loves humming. Cause I know her choices in them change with the day!!

So the question was... Is it important to know your buddy's favorite song to be called a good friend?

Yes, I understand it was a task to ensure that the buddies spent time with each other and got to know them. But that really didn't happen right? They were having Q & A session, instead of spending time with each other.

What do you think guys?!

Luv,
Pree.
Edited by CoffeeAddict - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aashi_arsha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Ikr !

There is no need to know which song ur frnd humm..

So silly it was
Edited by aashi_arsha - 11 years ago
aashi_arsha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Seriously

If any one knows which song u r humming these days doent make him/her ur true friend
Edited by aashi_arsha - 11 years ago
CutielovesChocs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I agree Pree. 

I mean, when I meet someone new, I get to know them by playing a rapid fire thing, similar to what KD-Kiya did. But if that person's important to me, those details stick. I'd naturally KNOW my closest friend's favourite colour, for example. But if I'm getting to know someone, it acts as sort of an ice-breaker to know what kind of things they like or what they don't know. But those details can be faked at times. It's better to see how a person behaves in their natural element. 

I guess, it doesn't matter to a great extent whether you know someone's favourite colour. But yes, it does matter if you don't know what cheers them up when they're upset. 

For example, if I go into a store, and I automatically zoom into a blue coloured dress, then it'd probably signify more than me saying that I love blue. Because there'd be a certain excitement, a certain expression on my face. And I guess that matters more. 

If I was upset, I'd expect my friends to get over a cup of hot chocolate and my favourite movie. I wouldn't expect someone to yell 'OH your favourite colour is blue!' 

Gah, I don't know if this makes sense, just saw this and HAD to put this down. Maybe I'll edit it later. It's all jumbled and probably doesn't make sense. 

-Raina
Edited by CutielovesChocs - 11 years ago
tiara_magic thumbnail
after every film they hummm different songs
muzzy_sk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
We agree with you. And same in our case when the whole ' getting to know your buddy ' thing started we analysed our situatin too.
We are friends, best friends from 11 years :)not to forget we are just 15.

If we know a person and is close to them so its obvious ki we will know their fav. Colour or what makes them sad and how to cheer them up and all. Its natural.
But here's the case of knowing someone for the first time, i would rather discuss our similarities, likes n dislikes as a converstion starter and to know the other person. We don't really remeber his fav things at first. Some questions asked looked absurd.

Till some extent it doesn't matter if we don't know someone's fav song or colour, that doesn't make us a bad friend. But the care and to know that something is wrong in your friend's life or she/he is feeling low without her/him telling..that makes us a friend.

We hope we made some sense and not just messed up here:D

-Shreya and Kanishtha

snowflake. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I've a different opinion but i totally agree with whatever everyone said ðŸ˜ƒ

see its not about knowing each other's interests or hobbies... its about compatibility.. in broad sense ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† opposites attract formula works perfectly on couples but when we talk about friendship i believe, similar views/choices play better ðŸ˜³
rocksravya11 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
agree wid u..u will be  GOOD FRND OR TRUE  FRND when u r der fr her when she actually needs u...i dnt think 2 be  a gud frnd u shuld knw her fvrte song etc..u might knw but...true frnd or good frnd z d one who z der fr u when everybody else leaves u..she always stands fr u..whtever happen she der fr u...i feel so...
-Stardust- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I agree with ya. We dont really need to know every little detail of a person to be a good friend. Trust, having each other's back and love are important. However when we met a person i think the first step of becoming friends is getting to know each other and we do that by sharing irrelevant details like those u have mentioned. :)