Renu Nagar's singing gives me goose bumps

Posted: 11 years ago
Love Renu's powerful voice - I hope she gives her best in the coming episodes Edited by Purrrfect - 11 years ago
I think she has a wonderful and strong voice, but I still didn't like how the judges put her in the Top 15 even though she messed up her 2nd audition. I know she's talented and capable, but they were supposed to judge based on that day. They did not show such mercy on others. I didn't find it fair because her rendition of "Sajda" start strong, but it fell apart after that. Even Shankar Mahadevan had to sing along with her.

Now, I'm not trying to hate on her or anything like that! I like her and her voice, but I just did not find this one thing fair.
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 11 years ago
Renu Nagar has got an unique and powerful voice texture. It seems that she is learning Indian classical music from a talented teacher. I remember her auditions when she sang Amir Khusraw sahab's composition - Shaap tilak sab sheene re mose naina milayeeke. That was not an easy song to sing because it is a classical song. Amir khusraw ji wrote most of his poetry in persian. He was a Sufi poet and a spiritual disciple of Hazrat nizamuddin Auliya sahab of Delhi.  He introduced Tarana and khayaal singing. He is the one who invented Tabla.  
If Renu can sing such a diificult composition that means she can do miracles in time to come. God bless and good luck to this little artist. 
@Purrfect

Could you please change the title of this thread to read Renu Nagar appreciation thread? 

Edited by JasToronto - 11 years ago
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

I think she has a wonderful and strong voice, but I still didn't like how the judges put her in the Top 15 even though she messed up her 2nd audition. I know she's talented and capable, but they were supposed to judge based on that day. They did not show such mercy on others. I didn't find it fair because her rendition of "Sajda" start strong, but it fell apart after that. Even Shankar Mahadevan had to sing along with her.

Now, I'm not trying to hate on her or anything like that! I like her and her voice, but I just did not find this one thing fair.
Tulip, if Renu proved to be very good singer going forward then all credit should be going to judges, their guts and instincts. They gave her chance just based on her singing instead of any other biasing. Yes, if Renu failed then I will blame judge and their judgement about identitying talent.
Originally posted by HakkaBakka

Tulip, if Renu proved to be very good singer going forward then all credit should be going to judges, their guts and instincts. They gave her chance just based on her singing instead of any other biasing. Yes, if Renu failed then I will blame judge and their judgement about identitying talent.

Yeah, I understand what you're trying to say. I do again want to repeat that I do love her voice. I think did prove herself to be worthy of the Top 15 during Saturday's episode, but I just wonder if they had ignored some of the other contestants' second auditions (because they were not as strong), what if they would also be able to prove themselves worthy of being in the Top 15? Again, I do love her voice, but I just did not find it really fair on the judges. 
great range, strong sweet voice.
The judges knew she was a strong contestant in the first round that is why the second round they picked her even before she started singing especially the ace Shankar Mahadevan.
Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Yeah, I understand what you're trying to say. I do again want to repeat that I do love her voice. I think did prove herself to be worthy of the Top 15 during Saturday's episode, but I just wonder if they had ignored some of the other contestants' second auditions (because they were not as strong), what if they would also be able to prove themselves worthy of being in the Top 15? Again, I do love her voice, but I just did not find it really fair on the judges. 
tulip:

i understand what u saying is reasonable argument.
In this sense...i will advise contestant to give their best in first audition..
First impression is last impression😕
I am thinking there is much more for selecting Renu..
Other so many were good but kicked out coz that day performance.
i loved first female singer in mega audition..badly wanted her...she has same quality as Renu...but she did not sing well that day and was kicked out...
Yeah, the "pani pani" girl was really good too, but she was not give that kind of second chance. Oh well, Renu is deserving, but others may have been too. Oh well, it was in her destiny, and she was very lucky compared to others.
I was in 2 minds about renu's singing.😳

Last week, it was a very  sukoon singing for me, though not perfect, she brought out the soul of the song.

Yesterday, wanted to give her a standing ovation, it was super-duper singing from her and totally fell in love with her voice.👏👏