got bitten by the right bug#4..I thnk just me.Lolz

-nautankidollz- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Hey fellas!
So we got ourselves another episode of supernatural, and here I am to eat the crap outta your brain with my incessant ramblings .ROFL
sometimes I just think that one of you is gonna get so annoyed, that he/she would end up strangling me in my sleep..😆

Anyway coming back to this week's episode. man !!  this episode ejected mix responses from the audiences like no other.
 Like within minutes of the epi premiere there were angry shouts and some appreciations. You guys gotta have seen twitter page yesterday morning... it was very interesting.. Lolz!

I for one liked the episode.. like really liked the episode..
*ducks as a dozen tomatoes come her way*
and I hardly missed Sam n Dean yesterday( I cant believe I just said tht.. whats more I cant believe I actually meant that too lolz)
*Ducks as a mud covered bigg shoe comes my way*
😳

Okay okay so here is my take on the episode-
Unlike last three I couldn't find a single flaw or confusion or loophole what soever with this one... except the fact that Sam n Dean were hardly hardly there. and I think I am not wrong in saying that literally 99.9% of us watch supernatural coz of these two idiots+casteil!!

right?
but yesterday after a tiring wait of one whole bloody week!! what do we get??
few stupid minutes of sammy n dean !
I wont lie .. I was real real apprehensive about watching this episode. I was convinced tht this was gonna be as much crap as tht ghost facers thing from S1!!
it was not.. I was really intrigued.. plus mike n brian were kind of good looking!!
(yeah yeah I know.. I am very shallow🤔)

So as far as my take goes.. In the end it was ok for me tht the epi didnt have much of sam n dean
 direction was splendid..(hats of to the director of the epi to present it the way they did!!)
camera angles were not as much lousy as s1.. they were hand held .. so for a little bit of authentication requirement. there were these frame rotations and stuff!

but still it wasnt like u had to squint your eyes to find people in there. (remember bloody ghost facers???) I like the fact that these guys learned from that tragedy so many years ago and gave this type of concept another try! again hatts off !

and now coming to the last bit !!
 where Dean easily agrees on letting the girl.. Kate go!
I so knew it would happen. and it is justified.. Dean has a comrade relation with benny, who incidentally is a monster and Dean has let him go... Meaning he needs to justify to himself time and again that even monsters can find a way to fight their basic nature.. Hence he so easily gave in on letting Kate go and I think he actually felt sorry for her alot..
For me atleast that was much more emotion he had shown to Kevin's predicament.

that time it felt like, all of kevin's problems like Channing's death, need to find his mother, get her soul back n stuff were not a priority.. like almost not impotent??
he was saying things a person would normally say in that situation..
like I am sorry for your loss n stuff ..
but he hardly ever appeared to really mean that.. he seemed to be to much focused on the hunt.. the end result.
Not last night though... I am glad for that.

Can't wait for the next episode to see how the story goes from here on!!!

Ps- Guys do share your veiws on the epi.. also tell me what u think of my takes. But please know this that anything I say is just My POV and its not intented to hurt anyone's feelings . K guys?
Love Ya'all!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-x-Reshu-x- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
great analysis👏

and i am completely with you😆 i liked the episode😛 it was kind of fun to watch it and tough i did miss Sam and Dean and then i didn't😕😆
direction was awesome👏 and i liked Michael more😆 at the end i was so glad that Dean let go Kate though i knew he will because of all the dynamics of him and benny😳 (i am still sure Benny is gonna kick his ass🤣)

I am sure abt thar kicking ass thing too. Though benny would do me a favour if he kicks sam's ass first though.lolz.
N i adired mike. Hus real name is brandon.n man!! He us gorgeous!
Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i just liked only 1 single thing abt d epi..
dean saying " hey sam..!!! do i say 'awesome' a lot??"
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Honestly, what was the episode about? 😳 I have nothing against the episodic plots or the 'found footage' format of filming but something called execution plays a HUGE role. I get it, this time around we had things from a victim/outside perspective and not the usual hunter view. They did have a plot, probably a good one, an angle to it but they made it seem so random and so out-of-no-where that I couldn't believe this episode belonged to Season 8.

The episode didn't fail for me because it had guest stars or less Winchesters but because of the poor execution and an already controversial format of filming that would physically sicken people. They have had waaay better one off's before with guests stars playing an equally important part. but this is one seemed immature. The characters lacked proper build up and the pace was slow and predictable. I was also disappointed with the guest stars, I mean all the people on the show over seven years who have done cameos and have yet resonated with the viewers, including the many child artists who appeared in the earlier seasons. So that's where these three were very disappointing, given that they had an entire episode to themselves. Even their overall interactions felt superficial.

The episode ignored Season 8 with the exception of Dean's willingness to let the girl go in the end. And while I do think the latter is significant, it wasn't enough for me to feel satisfied. 

Issues I had with the episode :

It gave no indication of being part of season 8 with the exception of Dean letting the girl to escape. That is important, but not enough to carry an entire episode.

-  Werewolves: Aren't they old news? If this had been included in the previous seasons, it would have made sense because of the whole "hunt for Alphas" arc. But why now? If they had to use the monster angle, atleast let us have some flashbacks! 

- No update on Kevin and his mother or the demons/Crowely  given the whole 'Close Hell Gates Forever' arc. Not that I wanted everything out now, but it wouldn't do harm had they showed us just a bit of it. 

Also, why were the characters still filming? I mean when you're in a life threatening situation, who on earth would bother to hold the camera? 😳 It so reminded me of Paranormal Activity. If there were trying to make it a psychological thriller, they failed at it. I know you can't really expect much when you have a  a "found film" about university students love triangles with supernatural elements. This was more of a mini film made for some university project which happened to have Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki as cameos than a Supernatural episode.

However, I still won't judge Season 8 on the basis of 4 episodes. They have had a good start and in my opinion gave three good episodes and one bad. So I hope Supernatural makes a comeback soon. 😳

Edited by herms_angel - 11 years ago
Had expected a typical Supernatural epi and not getting it made me slightly disappointed. I'm all for trying new formats, new ideas, new ways of presenting a story and I think it was good of them to try something different however I still didn't like 'Blair Witch Project' look alike episode. This epi literally divided fandom in tow halves, those who liked it and those who didn't.

There were a few good things though, for instance seeing from "monster's" perspective, Dean's awesome and Dean letting go of the girl. I have to mention giving "monsters" a background and story was in a way interesting. We always see the end result and never how they came to be, from humans to whatever creature/demon they became.
-SilverAngel- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
The episode but the way it was presented from the POV of the victims/ another party was intriguing for me. For once the story totally did not revolve around Sam and Dean... though I do not want this to become a ritual, but for just once I didn't mind the change.

This is one thing I really like about SPN... that the aspect of unpredictability with the storyline stays... I never feel its being dragged.
Aanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Oh man I so wanna do like a long ass analysis for bitten but I have obscene amounts of studying to do but let me tell you this: bitten is like one of the nest episode of the entire series and I swear to god I'm not crazy I have an explanation and all but yeah, I loved loved loved bitten.

Originally posted by: Aanya.

Oh man I so wanna do like a long ass analysis for bitten but I have obscene amounts of studying to do but let me tell you this: bitten is like one of the nest episode of the entire series and I swear to god I'm not crazy I have an explanation and all but yeah, I loved loved loved bitten.

thank god someone agrees😆