Ramleela Ajay Devgn ke saath

Sanjeeda Sheikh plays Surpanakha in Ram Leela

.Senorita. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Sanjeeda Sheikh plays Surpanakha in Ram Leela

New Delhi: Sanjeeda Sheikh, one of the prettiest face on small screen, has been roped in to play evil Surpanakha in 'Ram Leela'.

The actress will be seen opposite Lord Rama played by Rajneesh Duggal, through a dance number choreographed by Remo D'Souza.

"I consider my role to be very interesting and challenging because I have never played such a character before. Also, a unique concept such as Ram Leela has never been seen before on Indian television - it's a different experience altogether," Sanjeeda said in a statement.

"I'll be seen in an exciting dance performance more than the typical negative characters usually seen on Indian television. As Surpanakha is extremely attracted to Ram, she tries to lure him away from Sita."

"There is nothing vulgar about the act and has been beautifully choreographed by Remo D'Souza keeping in mind that we have a family audience," she added.

'Ram Leela' is aired every Sunday on Life Ok.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Senorita. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Sanjeeda Sheikh plays Surpanakha, the seductress on Life OK's Ramleela

Life OK's Ramleela, Indian television's biggest ever visual extravaganza, has definitely been grabbing a number of eyeballs this festive season.

And adding to the grand scale and glamour quotient of the show will be popular television actress Sanjeeda Sheikh. The actress shall be seen in the forthcoming episode of the show playing her first ever negative character.

Known to previously play several sweet and strong roles, Sanjeeda Sheikh will be seen for the first time in a mythological avatar portraying Surpanakha (sister of Raavan) in Life OK's Ramleela.

With her beauty and poise Sanjeeda will be seen in a seductive dance number choreographed by Remo Dsouza attempting to seduce Ram a.k.a Rajniesh Duggal.

Talking about her role in the show, Sanjeeda Sheikh says, "I consider my role to be very interesting and challenging because I have never played such a character before. Also, a unique concept such as Ramleela on Life OK has never been seen before on Indian television - it's a different experience altogether. I'll be seen in an exciting dance performance more than the typical negative characters usually seen on Indian television. As Surpanakha is extremely attracted to Ram, she tries to lure him away from Sita. There is nothing vulgar about the act and has been beautifully choreographed by Remo Dsouza keeping in mind that we have a family audience."

The show shall be a modern day representation of Lord Ram's story and his battle with Raavana, where good triumphs over evil. Ajay Devgn presents the musical experience of 'Ramleela' as the sutradhar featuring more than 20 songs wrapped up crisply in a five episode series. The battle of good against evil airs from October 21st to November 18th, 2012 every Sunday at 8pm.

Edited by .Senorita. - 11 years ago