Qubool Hai

Surbhi says, Zoya has two guys SURBHI IS SINGLE

abhiyaneet8 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Surbhi Jyoti who will be seen as Zoya in Zee TV's Qubool Hai (4 Lions Films) is a newbie in the Hindi television industry. However the actress who is from Punjab, Jalandhar has a seven years theater background, and has done Punjabi serials and a film to her credit.

In a conversation with Tellychakkar.com the pretty girl talks about her debut show, her good looking co-star and more'

Says Surbhi, "I belong to a Punjabi Brahman family. My father is into business of rubber chemicals. My brother is in B. Tech and my Mother is a homemaker."

When asked if her family was comfortable about her shifting to Mumbai, the actor who has been here for almost a month tells us, "My family was sweet enough to let me shift. But my mother still misses me and there are times when she cries. In fact she used to feel that I would become a lecturer in one of the colleges back home as I have completed M.A. in English Literature but that's not the case now. But they do get happy on seeing me in the promos of Qubool Hai."

When asked how she bagged this show, she went on to give us a detailed description of her work, "I was doing theater in Punjab after which I bagged a show called Kach Diya Wanga on Zee ETC Punjabi. Soon after this, I got to play the lead in Raula Pe Gaya. This film released on 31 August 2012 but I had come to Mumbai soon after its premier on 30 August 2012 as I had Qubool Hai to shoot for soon after that. So my life has basically taken a very dramatic turn in 2012. I haven't had to struggle for anything so far; I've been very lucky."

The actress also believes that her on-screen character is a lot like her in real life and she states, "Zoya is like Surbhi. She is mischievous, a prankster, messy and so am I. That is why I did not have to prepare much for the character. In the show Zoya has certain expectations from life and she works towards them."

Talking about the USP of this show she says, "After a long time there is a show on Muslim backdrop, plus it's not a saas bahu drama. I think this is a big USP plus the audience is smart to grab and follow what is different."

Surbhi will play the love interest of both Karan Singh Grover and Rishabh Sinha. Hence we went ahead and asked the beauty if it's difficult for her to concentrate on the show with two good looking men around her and she explained, "It's nothing like that. They are good looking and there is no doubt about this but at the same time they are also nice people. And all of us are here to grab this opportunity. So currently my focus is on work."

When asked about her first impression of her co-stars she expressed, "Karan is a known face and since I had seen him in Khatron Ke Khiladi I didn't have to create an impression. Rishabh however is very mischievous just like his on-screen character and I had learnt that on the first day itself."

Furthermore, though Surbhi met her co-stars on the first day of her shoot she had no idea about being opposite KSG. "I learnt it later that I was opposite Karan as I never asked who is opposite me as I am not a big star. In fact I also got to know that I have two heroes (laughs)."

The actress who is very single says, "I believe in the institution of marriage but it's too far. Currently I am single and I have no plans. Well this is also the only difference between Zoya and Surbhi. Zoya is with two people and Surbhi is single."

Surbhi, we wish you all the success for your debut Hindi show..

RIVAL SITE
Edited by sweetu_neetu - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Jwalamukhi- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 11 years ago
Already posted.