Posted: 11 years ago
It is amazing to see public are using their meter so intelligently and correctly. I have seen them using their meter even better than judge's comments and points. I started liking public meter although I am not sure how will it decide the fate of contestants.

What is your take?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
SOmetimes this public meter is off totally...When it comes to classical singing..

Last week when Mohammad sang pure Classical bandish Public meter showed 64?  some number in 60s what a shame 😳  The best rendition of the day IMHO..

Today Padmanav got 94
Madhuri Dey got 82 😲

Sajid gave him 10
SM gave her 9 😲

I see many things off between PM and Judges..

She simply was fab.👏
Edited by Dabulls23 - 11 years ago
NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Public Meter has been way off in quite a few cases... When Padmanav sang Jaane tu ya jaane na (I think last episode), he was fab and he got some 76%... Today's Meter Down was definitely not to that mark and he got in 90's

I also think that folks who are singing more popular songs are getting more marks in public meter... Totally my opinion and observation so far...

It was also not fair on SW's part to ask Preity to mark on their behalf... I mean what would she know of marking in a musical show? And we saw that she was way off with Md. Arsh and had to take her marks back!
DiamondLife thumbnail

Originally posted by: NoComments

It was also not fair on SW's part to ask Preity to mark on their behalf... I mean what would she know of marking in a musical show? And we saw that she was way off with Md. Arsh and had to take her marks back!

👍🏼
it was really really bad decision to tell pretty to give marks..
but wajid thought pretty will have little brain to judge music..🤣
It was good lesson for him..will never do in future and ask celebrity to give marks..

🥱

Contestants can intimidate public.  Look at what Aspreet did. I agree her performance was good but when you sing a song which simply lift the audience from the chair, your meter goesup.  Zazym gave stupendous performance but he got  only 78 or so ( I forgot the exact number).
yes, meter was off a lot today... but still better than Preity's 10. Although Preity has better sense of music than audience. Based on their music knowledge still not bad.

Originally posted by: UnsolvedMystery

Contestants can intimidate public.  Look at what Aspreet did. I agree her performance was good but when you sing a song which simply lift the audience from the chair, your meter goesup.  Zazym gave stupendous performance but he got  only 78 or so ( I forgot the exact number).

Actually Arshpreet was perfect on sur. I could not find any worng in her singing. She did what other did, singing to their strength and she did same. Yes, Zazym should have gotten much more than 78.
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Personally, i do not understand public meters .

How many people in the audience? age group? Interest in music?How many vote? What is the role of the show producer?  logic? and so many factors...

I neither understand or believe these meters.

Hogwash.

sorry.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I find the "public" meter is not a good representation of the whole public. Remember, the "public" meter is only the studio audience. 

You have to ask yourself first, "How many people are in the studio audience?"

Next, you have to ask this, "Are these people the best representation of the whole public?" 

Let's get even more specific, "Is this studio audience the best representation of the whole entire voting audience that watches Sa Re Ga Ma Pa?" 

Please note that Sa Re Ga Ma Pa also airs overseas as well as all over India. People from overseas in the past were allowed to vote via online voting. 

So, all in all, I do not feel like it is an accurate measure of the whole entire audience watching Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. Majority of viewers have a better knowledge of good music and performances. 

Sorry for getting all technical here, but as a researcher who LOVES statistics, I have to think about all angles of the population. 😆
Edited by tulipbaby53 - 11 years ago
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

I find the "public" meter is not a good representation of the whole public. Remember, the "public" meter is only the studio audience. 

You have to ask yourself first, "How many people are in the studio audience?"

Next, you have to ask this, "Are these people the best representation of the whole public?" 

Let's get even more specific, "Is this studio audience the best representation of the whole entire voting audience that watches Sa Re Ga Ma Pa?" 

Please note that Sa Re Ga Ma Pa also airs overseas as well as all over India. People from overseas in the past were allowed to vote via online voting. 

So, all in all, I do not feel like it is an accurate measure of the whole entire audience watching Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. Majority of viewers have a better knowledge of good music and performances. 

Sorry for getting all technical here, but as a researcher who LOVES statistics, I have to think about all angles of the population. 😆

Tulip, Thanks for fleshing out beautifully, what i could not express  well.😊