Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I hope to get rid of my Punjabi bachpana: Surbhi

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Oct 29, 2012, 12.00AM IST
inShare
Read More:Thrice|Surbhi Jyoti|Qubool Hai|Entertainment
I hope to get rid of my Punjabi bachpana: Surbhi
Surbhi Jyoti

Though Qubool Hai happens to be Surbhi Jyoti's debut on Hindi television, she is not new to the Entertainment industry. A known name in Punjabi cinema and television, she says, "While movie is a little relaxed, Hindi television is rather rigorous. But I am enjoying my stint on Indian television."

About the show and her character Zoya, Surbhi says, "I have never seen a daily soap ever in my life, but this one is actually different. Audiences are smart enough to grab something new and follow it. My character is an NRI, who returns to India to stay with her didi and brother-in-law. She is pretty, fun-loving and full of life, which doesn't mean she is foolish. She has some morals and is here with a goal, which she has to achieve at any cost. She is a big supporter of women's empowerment especially for Muslim women." Coincidentally, she played Muslim girl Mehtab in her first play and is playing a Muslim girl again in her first Hindi daily soap ever. According to Surbhi, the character came very easily to her and she didn't need any cues during the audition. Though she is quite similar to her on-screen character — they both don't like serious people and cricket is their favourite sport — there are also a lot of differences. She observes, "While I don't like eating outside, Zoya only eats pizza. And I hate pizza. Only I know how I have shot scenes where I was required to dig into pizzas. In real life, I am a cleanliness freak and Zoya is messy."

Ask her about her expectation from the show and pat comes the reply, "I hope the show gets good ratings. Also, I want people to love my character, which in turn would win me a huge fan-following. I hope to get rid of my Punjabi bachpana and become more professional during the course of this show." So, is it difficult to focus on work while working with two good looking guys? "Not at all difficult. Apart from being good looking, they are nice. We have got a great opportunity. We want to give our best to our roles and establish our characters," she quips. The confident actress isn't worried about getting overshadowed by Karan Singh Grover, a popular name in the industry. She says, "I think yeh tension Rishab ko zyada hogi. In fact, I feel many people will watch the show as a result of his huge fan-following."

Little-known facts about

'I am scared of lizards. I'm short-tempered. I am a bookworm. I cry a lot — both when happy and sad. I don't use glycerine while shooting for the show. Tears come naturally to me. I love to cook. The only thing I hate about Mumbai is its traffic. Surbhi Jyoti has won National Debate Championship Thrice and two times out of that, she spoke on women's empowerment. Like Zoya, Surbhi is also feisty in real life.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pure_Beauty thumbnail
TFS
Looking forward to the show
blessing-beauty thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
thanx for sharing Surbhi sounds confident enuf Good Luck to her
KulfiBai thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Wow, so she's a debater? That's awesome! 😊
fairy_stardust thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
TFS. She seems like a strong and free spirited person. Good going with the woman empowerment support. Can't wait for the show to start! 
She's interesting. Looking forward to see her on-screen.

Thanks for sharing.
anaad thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice article, thanks for shearing!