Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012

Stage Presence vs Singing

Purrrfect thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Okay really when the auditions were taking place, I loved Jasraj's voice but after that he hasn't managed to impress me. He appears to be a down to earth person with great stage presence, but his singing I felt was going off sur.

Padnav, Arshpreet are the other singers who are good performers but their singing hasn't been very impressive.

I hope that singing is based on singing and not stage presence. I hope singers like Mohammed, Jazim, Renu are not eliminated because they have simple stage presence.

Zain is a full package - style, great singing & wonderful stage presence.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

You are correct for Zain Ali... he is full package...
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
At present, this show seems more of singing, than stage presence.

Let us see😃
NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I have personally liked Arshpreet so far... She has been perfect on her surs, has some great energy and stage presence going with her, and also has a differentiated voice...

Padmanav has  good stage presence as well and I liked his 'Jaane tu ya jaane na'.. 'Meter down' was bad..

Zain has amazing stage presence too...

I think Kunal Pandit and Viswajeet also leave a mark on the stage - they are great singers too...

I will always want singing to supercede stage presence, and I only hope that all the singers become more and more confident as they perform on stage.. and yes, confident may not mean flashy all the time..
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
So far it seems to me that there is a focus on music more than stage presence, but in order to gain audience support, you need to have both. No one enjoys seeing a bore on stage. So far, none of the contestants are boring to me.
tochukumari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I missed auditions and initial episodes.
At present I am actually enjoying Jasraj's singing bcoz something unique about him !
I love his A.R. Rahaman+ R.D. Burman inspired singing !!
So right now, Jasraj-Renu Nagar and Mohammad Aman are my personal favorites 😛
Ashpreet is good in her genre and so is Jazim.
Love this season already bcoz they are promoting genre singing and collected good variety of singers !

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

So far it seems to me that there is a focus on music more than stage presence, but in order to gain audience support, you need to have both. No one enjoys seeing a bore on stage. So far, none of the contestants are boring to me.

Mohammad aman hardly has any stage presence, he is not a bore at all. His singing  says it all.

I don't think  stage presence is more important than singing, esp in a music show😃
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: music-a-muse

Mohammad aman hardly has any stage presence, he is not a bore at all. His singing  says it all.

I don't think  stage presence is more important than singing, esp in a music show😃

I didn't say he was boring. I agree that his singing is what makes us connect with him, and the feel his singing brings. That is a part of stage presence too. Some people are technically good singers, but they are not able to connect because their singing does not touch the audience. His does.