Your thoughts on today's Elimination *Oct 28*

Purrrfect thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Arsh did not sing well, but have heard his ghazals and he has managed to touch my heart with his renditions. I guess Sajjid Wajid were experimenting with him by giving him film songs to sing. It's just too sad that Arsh is eliminated at this early stage, I would have loved to hear him sing more ghazals.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
jasraj's singing was quite ordinary, i felt, SM praising him so much along with the others, surprised.Of course, they know betterπŸ˜ƒ

Mrunmayee clear voice with a tinge of huskiness, amazing. Singing was not  as bad as it was made out to be.πŸ˜•

Last week, it was obvious, Parul and Arsh would bite the dust, they did, sad !

Arshpreet was good, want to hear something different from her.

Shehnaz and jazim, superb, down to earth,  superb singing !πŸ‘πŸ‘

TUMSE thumbnail
I could not enjoy songs of arshpreet kaur at all. She has sung without sur at many places.
NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Based on performaces of the week, I think these were the right eliminations...

The other folks whom I think are weak and should be eliminated early are Suvrima and Jasraj... Just my POV
NoComments thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Purrrfect

Arsh did not sing well, but have heard his ghazals and he has managed to touch my heart with his renditions. I guess Sajjid Wajid were experimenting with him by giving him film songs to sing. It's just too sad that Arsh is eliminated at this early stage, I would have loved to hear him sing more ghazals.

We often see that folks try to experiment with different genres trying to show versatility, neglecting their strength and get eliminated as a result. That is unfortunate.

This brings back the classic question of how much is versatility important vs niche singing. If it is not a race to become a playback singer (where its important being versatile), contestants should rather stick to their strengths and give good performances.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Well, I did feel like Parul and Arsh were the weaker of the rest. It was pretty obvious even from last week that they would be eliminated. It is upsetting to see Arsh go, but he did not perform well at all. He was not even on beat. 

I also agree with MAM that Murnmayee was not as bad as the judges made it seem. SW giving her a 7 was not just at all. Her voice is so clear, like playback ready. Of course, they are the esteemed judges, so they know what they are talking about. I'm not trying to argue, but it's my opinion.
tochukumari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I haven't heard Arsh and PArul before, missed teh auditions !
Based on yesterday, I think eliminations were quite fair.

Purrrfect thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Arsh's elimination is justified - I wish he had performed well and would have been in the show a bit longer.Edited by Purrrfect - 11 years ago